Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? (233 Views)

Courage Is Not The Absence Of Fear... / How The Absence Of Level-playing Ground Robs Youths Political Chance / Brother Kill His Brother Over Family Property In Anambra (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? by jmoore(m): 9:50pm On May 15, 2021
Husband died without a will.

Almost all the documents are in the husband's name.

I have read about letter of administration. But I still need some clarifications.

Can a wife change ownership to her name?
Re: How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? by HONESTFACT101(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2021
lalasticlacla mynd44......signing out
Re: How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? by Romanoff(f): 9:57pm On May 15, 2021
With his death certificate and probate court regularisation, she should be able to access bank accounts of her late husband and properties.
Re: How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? by jmoore(m): 10:43pm On May 15, 2021
Romanoff:
With his death certificate and probate court regularisation, she should be able to access bank accounts of her late husband and properties.

She already has access to the properties.

I want to know if change of ownership is possible, especially for a land property.
Re: How Should A Wife Secure The Family's Property In The Absence Of A Will? by Romanoff(f): 1:56am On May 16, 2021
jmoore:

She already has access to the properties.

I want to know if change of ownership is possible, especially for a land property.

Yes it is with private documents.

(1) (Reply)

Is Twitter Down? / Constitutional Review: Nigeria's New Name As United African Republic (UAR) / June 12th Protest: Self Acclaimed King Of Street Rap, Small Doctor Joins Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.