Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? (24880 Views)

What A Man That Earns 100k+ Told Me When I Wanted To Borrow N500 From Him / NYSC Or A N80,000 Monthly Job Offer, Which Should I Go For? / Cleaner Who Earns N21k An Hour Naked, Reveals What Happens When She Wears Cloth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Mrlouis: 6:16pm On May 17, 2021
IT LOOKS TO BE THAT THERE ARE MORE CRAZY THAN SANE PERSONS THAT UTILIZE THIS FORUM. SOMEONE SAID "ONE'S IN-LAWS BECOMES ANOTHER MAN'S RESPONSIBILITIES" HOW SO??

ANYWAY TO THE OP, ONE CAN THRIVE ON ANY GIVEN INCOME ONCE DISCIPLINE AND FRUGALITY BECOMES INSTILLED.
YOU SEE THESE THINGS DON'T WORK LIKE MAGIC, ONCE YOU ADD AN ADDITIONAL PERSON TO THE EQUATION, YOU HAVE TO BALANCE THINGS UP. TRANSPORTATION COSTS, COST OF ACCOMODATION, FEEDING, SCHOOL FEES AND EVEN CONTIGENCIES ARE ALL DEPENDENT ON LOCATION AND MUST BE FACTORED IN.

LAGOS IN ITSELF IS BROAD AND BASED ON YOUR FINDINGS AS REGARDS THE AREA YOU'D BE RESIDING, YOU ALONE CAN WORK OUT YOUR SALVATION BY YOURSELF.

SEEKING FOR ADVICE FROM OTHERS WILL MOST LIKELY MISLEAD YOU AS THERE IS NO RULE BOOK TO LIFE.

IF YOU FEEL YOU WANNA MARRY, BY ALL MEANS GO AHEAD. BUT REMEMBER THAT YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE WILL BE BOTH RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELVES AND FUTURE CHILDREN (IF THERE WILL BE ANY).

BE DILIGENT AND HARDWORKING AND LOOK FORWARD TO GREATER THINGS. THEN YOU WOULD SEE THAT EVEN A SALARY OF 10K, SURPRISINGLY WILL BE SUSTAINABLE.

SHALOM

4 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 17, 2021
Don’t rush. 80k is a very little funds . Wait till you earn at least 300k monthly
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by lordatkinson07(m): 6:18pm On May 17, 2021
I remembered I married a few year back immediately after my MSc., programme. While I was preparing for the wedding my salary was just 30k. Imagine!

But

Immediately after my wedding, things turned around and the door of breakthrough opened. Today, I earn nothing less than 200k every month.

Meaning of this is that, pray and work hard. Be strategic at the same time. I'm sure, God will crown your efforts with divine elevation and success

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Samchik: 6:21pm On May 17, 2021
Guy you can marry, you only know how you live your life.

Before going ahead, consider the following:

1. Yearly house rent
2. Cost of feeding per month
3. Cost of utilities per month
4. Miscellaneous expenses
5. Average precautionary expenses per month
6. Your lifestyle and your partner's lifestyle, can you guys cope?
7. Your future plans for improvement, know that future is not certain, things might get better or the other way(God forbid).

Consider the above factors and be honest with yourself if truly you should go ahead or not.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by ifeanyi317(m): 6:30pm On May 17, 2021
if you are staying alone please go ahead but marry someone that is working and please dont start rushing to give birth without having a proper plan.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Liposure: 6:30pm On May 17, 2021
dammyagboola:
You have said it all my brother. Especially when you marry liability as a wife. Even if your wife is working. You will still be the one to foot all the bills.
but why
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by stupidmod3: 6:34pm On May 17, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
Don't let anybody pressurized you into marriage, especially if you are not financially capable. 80k monthly in Lagos na small money considering the high cost of living over there. You can live comfortably with 80k in other south west state but not Lagos especially when you marry a liability as a wife. Even if you marry a Nigeria working class lady, you will still foot all the bill alone. just focus on how to double your hustle and increase your income, you will enjoy your old age if you plan your life very well, with or without a kid or wife. You can still marry and struggle with your wife if that's what you want. Honestly, marriage is not easy,is even worst if you are the only one providing for the whole family. Think Deep

40k time 12 is 480k u keep 40k for other things monthly, now marry a working woman earning at least 30k or 40k monthly.

u ok to leave in lagos, stop saying life is hard there are people driving keke with children they are not begging

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by niyidenrele: 6:36pm On May 17, 2021
When will a grown up man stop displaying their stupid on this same issues
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by oluwasegun007(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2021
Wickedness....N80k is not enough for only you not too talk of another man pikin.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Martinez39s(m): 6:42pm On May 17, 2021
SMH. A man with 80k per month shouldn't be thinking of marriage. How people bring children into this world without any huge inheritance for the children and money to afford them options and comfort is beyond me? Why do most men like perpetuating suffering? Most men will just marry and start families at their own financial detriment just to feel they have achieved something in life, even when it's not advisable to do so. They excuse this vanity with "I just have to spread my genes" and "I just want to continue my legacy and family name." See how OP is contemplating whether he should weigh himself down financially and perpetuate poverty to the next generation. What nonsense is this? undecided

Look around you, no one cares about your genes and family name. If a disaster wiped out your entire bloodline, as it did others, hence putting an end to your family name, the world will move on and heaven won't fall. Also, what legacy are you leaving with 80k/month and suffering in the new generation? Most men that are rushing to marriage to "continue their legacy" can't even take their children to a good secondary school or give them three good meals per day, yet they are talking about legacy. undecided

Hustle and establish yourself. 80k is too small. Marriage is not by force. If you die single or get married, the universe doesn't care and the world will move on whether or not you continue your family name. So take it easy and hustle for more money per month.

Almajiris everywhere, economic hardship everywhere, an overwhelming population, so much competition and vices, yet people are still giving birth without restraint when they are struggling financially.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Martinez39s(m): 6:43pm On May 17, 2021
lordatkinson07:
I remembered I married a few year back immediately after my MSc., programme. While I was preparing for the wedding my salary was just 30k. Imagine!

But

Immediately after my wedding, things turned around and the door of breakthrough opened. Today, I earn nothing less than 200k every month.

Meaning of this is that, pray and work hard. Be strategic at the same time. I'm sure, God will crown your efforts with divine elevation and success
What if things turned for the worse?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Martinez39s(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2021
oluwasegun007:
Wickedness....N80k is not enough for only you not too talk of another man pikin.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by brownbib(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2021
Honestly the answer is entirely with the person.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:48pm On May 17, 2021
GUY 6 YEARS AGO, I LIVED IN SURULERE, GOT MARRIED WITH N60K SALARY, STILL, STILL, THE SALARY IS STILL READING SAME FIGURE, WITH WIFE AND 2 CHILDREN, AS I AM NOW, MY SALARY IS JUST AN ADDITIONAL INCOME, IF YOU WAIT TILL YOU EARN N200K BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED, THAT TIME MAY NOT COME. AT 31 GUY, STOP SEEING YOUR SELF AS TOO YOUNG TO GET MARRIED, I AM STILL IN MY 30'S AND STILL THINK I GOT MARRIED LATE. THANK GOD FOR HIS NUMEROUS PROVISION

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 17, 2021
Olayinka8793:
Why not?
We all can not and will never be millionaires.
Just make sure your wife is also bringing something to the table and only give birth to the number of kids you are sure your combined income can comfortably support, preferably two.
Don't be afraid to try Lagos state government public primary and secondary schools for yoir future kids, believe me, some of the best public schools in Nigeria are in Lagos and far better than the mushroom private schools littering some of our streets. I lived in Ogun state and always grateful to my parents for having the vision to enroll me in Lagos government public schools despite the long distance.
Cut your coat according to your size.
Most importantly, keep striving for another source of income, for two are better than one.
Peace.

God bless this niggar! I swear down that we Nigerians are just recieving each other blabbing about private schools. I went to a private school during my secondary school days and my little bro attended a public school here in Lagos wey all of us grew up oooh. Nah that my little brain box they carry the highest CGP for chemical engineering department so and according to the HOD of their department, he said by the time he's through with his final year in the next couple of months, he will surely emerge the best graduating student of their set.
Who get brain get am, no matter the school you attended.
The original OP, biko go marry coz I know what I went through delaying to settle down and how I've endangered my life being single.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2021
My Guy, 80k na small money to , Go And Hustle more before getting married
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by BlackFlamefromP: 6:58pm On May 17, 2021
No sir. Marriage never hungry you grin
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by mukthar2000(m): 7:00pm On May 17, 2021
Sure, u can get married with 80k once u and ur wife avoid flashing life. Don't allow anybody to delay ur life.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by roundman: 7:02pm On May 17, 2021
Olayinka8793:
Why not?
We all can not and will never be millionaires.
Just make sure your wife is also bringing something to the table and only give birth to the number of kids you are sure your combined income can comfortably support, preferably two.
Don't be afraid to try Lagos state government public primary and secondary schools for yoir future kids, believe me, some of the best public schools in Nigeria are in Lagos and far better than the mushroom private schools littering some of our streets. I lived in Ogun state and always grateful to my parents for having the vision to enroll me in Lagos government public schools despite the long distance.
Cut your coat according to your size.
Most importantly, keep striving for another source of income, for two are better than one.
Peace.
This here is enough advice for you.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by urchcoded(m): 7:05pm On May 17, 2021
Futur1stic:
Available
how much
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by ojun50(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2021
You can have a beautiful marriage with that amount, you think say.na every body wey marry for lagos dey earn 80k.

Get a good wife from a good family

I got married two years with half of that earning .

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Karozy: 7:09pm On May 17, 2021
jayboy112233:
Sorry I posted this on here.
Please i need your sincere advice most especially from the married men and women here.

Can a guy who is earning 80k in Lagos marry with that income?

31yrs and family have started bringing issue of marriage. Citing the advantages of early marriage and disadvantages of late marriage, that it's not good to have your kids in secondary school @60yrs when you should be relaxing.

You don’t need to have millions to get married, it’s all about finding the right and understanding wife and with the little you have you are good to go, so long you have a supportive wife, if you’re waiting to get millions before marriage you might wait for a long time. But anyway don’t allow anyone to pressurize you into marriage, let it be by your own decision and timing.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by MT: 7:18pm On May 17, 2021
I don't mean to insult you, OP. However, if you have to come to the public domain to settle your family expenditure, then I am afraid marriage might not even be for you yet.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Solatium(m): 7:29pm On May 17, 2021
Skillsnigeria:
Don't let anybody pressurized you into marriage, especially if you are not financially capable. 80k monthly in Lagos na small money considering the high cost of living over there. You can live comfortably with 80k in other south west state but not Lagos especially when you marry a liability as a wife. Even if you marry a Nigeria working class lady, you will still foot all the bill alone. just focus on how to double your hustle and increase your income, you will enjoy your old age if you plan your life very well, with or without a kid or wife. You can still marry and struggle with your wife if that's what you want. Honestly, marriage is not easy,is even worst if you are the only one providing for the whole family. Think Deep

How much do you think bulk of your population live on?
So many families of 4 that live on that in a month and they are coping well.
just don't deceive yourself
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:30pm On May 17, 2021
Saintkollyjoe:
You can marry on that amount. Just ensure that employer does not owe salary. Secondly always strive to improve yourself by gaining Better work experience attend training and gain new professional certification as you grow. Don't let them scare you here. There is spiritual dimension of blessing to a man who takes care of his wife and family, you will be having more. Go and marry to the woman you love!

This is most profitable advice on this thread.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Solatium(m): 7:32pm On May 17, 2021
if you can live on that salary with your retinue of girlfriends and able to survive, obviously you can live comfortably with a wife on that salary,set your priorities right.
Don't let anyone deceive you that it is greener out there

1 Like

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by edoairways: 7:36pm On May 17, 2021
Greystone:

80k/mnth is just enough for u to get buy and start/ expand ur side hustle.

If u marry now, ur wife becoms ur responsibility.

Small time, belle don enter, pikin don show, more bills, more responsibility, less free money, and ur dreams may be truncated early.

Give urself some time to grow. Even if it's 1 year to increase ur income.

Marriage is not beans.

But If your wife is earning some money and will also bring something to the table, then u may go for it.

Las las, dis life no get formula...
Most women are selfish. They prefer their husbands to do all the expenses

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by Raalsalghul: 7:38pm On May 17, 2021
koladata:
yes you can, but don't make babies until the next 4years . then you will be 35 or 34, by then you would have saved enough, being married will reduce your cost of living and make you more focus, but having babies will increase it immediately. now you can rely on your wife's food, no more urgent 2k. and if your wife is working , you add it up to save for a better business.

Op, take this advise, that is if you can't withstand the pressure.
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by stanley000: 7:44pm On May 17, 2021
Noblepeace:
i married 2006 with salary of 84k, but i make sure that i save 50k monthly come rain come sun. i was leaving in one room self-contain in ajegunle. if ur prudent and marry economical lady u will enjoy d marriage with 80k
mr man you want to compare 2006 to 2021 abi? When the rate of inflation has risen above the roof right?

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by emmaodet: 7:45pm On May 17, 2021
900warriorz:
Ofcourse....why not smiley

But be rest assured wink

He'd die quick grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Man Who Earns N80,000 Marry In Lagos? by stanley000: 7:46pm On May 17, 2021
Midas01:
I thought all women were bad according to you guys on NL, why are you people still marrying?
coz of kids. Noting more

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please Assess My Self-constructed CV And Pls Give Me A Feedback On Its Quality / N-Power Volunteers Storm Father Mbaka's Church In Enugu, Beg For State Jobs / Economics Vs Accounting,which One Is Better In Terms Of Employment Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.