Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? (10694 Views)

Can I Learn Programming With My Smartphone / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / Download Whatsapp For Windows 7 32 Bit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Harddiskng(m): 12:56pm On May 19, 2021
Bookmarked

tensazangetsu20:
Install Linux on the machine and start. You can download free udemy courses from freetutorialsus or tutsgalaxy.net.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 19, 2021
In the end , what matters most is what you have to Deliver.
Let me tell you, when building a React Native / React JS / Django / etc Application, no one would be asking you questions like

"What architecture do you develop on?"
What I know so far and what i have been asked is "Please lets see your previous works" And I have them in my Resume!

Again, what exactly are you learning? Thats what matters. You wont compromise industry standard apps over some skill that would take you time to get a job and money. Skills like Cybersecurity, Reverse engineering, Malware Analysis etc are awesome, but in this part of the world, Please dont start with those . I try to imagine being unemployed since 2007! Men.. Nigeria is not helping matters.

Learn React / Vue.js, alongside MySQL, MongoDB etc and Firebase. If you cannot, you can be a product designer, learn Figma. Thats where the money is now.
In the end, We will praise God together.

Godspeed!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by yaksdavirus: 12:56pm On May 19, 2021
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by dake40(m): 12:56pm On May 19, 2021
Install another windows that has 64bit

Case closed

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:57pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:
Please I really want to learn programming so badly. However, what I have is a windows 7 32-bit OS. I have not been gainfully employed since I graduated 2007. So the truth is that I am broke. What I have is an old laptop that I described above. Can I learn with it?

Besides, I would appreciate someone mentoring me in web development. I am a super fast learner. Just that life hasn't been fair to me. Please I need help.

young manr if you want really fast learning process go for minix os

it is raw enough to force you into the speed lane

also it is the
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by ecomalchemist(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2021

THE WORLD IS YOURS AND EVERYTHING IN IT.

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Regex: 12:59pm On May 19, 2021
It will be slow, but you can. You should go for web development first...
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 19, 2021
dake40:
Install another windows that has 64bit

Case closed

Wont it battle with processors and what not?
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Chatflick(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2021
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by MeghaneMorgane(f): 1:01pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:
Please I really want to learn programming so badly. However, what I have is a windows 7 32-bit OS. I have not been gainfully employed since I graduated 2007. So the truth is that I am broke. What I have is an old laptop that I described above. Can I learn with it?

Besides, I would appreciate someone mentoring me in web development. I am a super fast learner. Just that life hasn't been fair to me. Please I need help.

Yes you can learn with what you have. You will be fine.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Akalia(m): 1:03pm On May 19, 2021
OP the OS (whether 32-bit or 64-bit) should not be a major hurdle. The two major factors you should consider is having the appropriate RAM capacity (4-8 gigabytes). Make sure your system uses SSD type hard disk.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by lichocho(m): 1:05pm On May 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

So sorry men. Honestly when you get a laptop just do web development forget the other stuff. It doesn't sell here. Let's see how things go in the coming months.
abeg dis una English too much ooo..wetin programming deh really do or work...
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by dammyBoxes: 1:11pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:

this is ridiculous. This is like asking if you can type a document with a 32bit system. Why not? While you may not be able to use some new programing tools, it in no way stops you from learning and coding in almost any language of your choice

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by guru90: 1:16pm On May 19, 2021
Guy.... This is story u are just telling..... i learnt my programming with OS Wins 7 32bits in (Year: 2007).. (one Old Dell).. If i wanna power it on i must surely look for wall to rest the back.............................
I was learning it with all my mind................................................

Now!!!!!!

My programming gat me 2 to 3 Brand new System..............
Plus My Multi Investment via programming...........................

Learning programming with all your mind will fetch you multi- Money for Life................

So, starts with that Your PC, you will surely excel from it.........

What you have to consider is just RAM: up to 4gb... That's all

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by dometome: 1:20pm On May 19, 2021
Yep. It doesn't matter, at all for a beginner.
Python
JavaScript
Php
What you need now is just to master the art of programming. The language doesn't matter, it is after mastering programming that You can now worry about these things. I will suggest you learn programming via web development, once you have masters the art of programming through JS, you can move over to ANY field of your choice, any language of your choice. The programming itself is almost the same thing every where, for example for loop, while loop, if, forEach, are basically the same thing, irrespective of the language, May be one or two syntax differences here and there.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by MrCuteking(m): 1:23pm On May 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

This is honestly not true. A lot of people have changed their whole lives just by knowing how to code. The problem is most of the people learning to code ain't doing the right things.

You're right. My honest opinion is to have a mentor while programming. It's very difficult to program when there is neither mentor nor group
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by seanwilliam(m): 1:29pm On May 19, 2021
Abeg after learning this programming self, where u go use am work grin I have a good laptop and internet and light , can I go into it and start making money within 6 month ?

Abeg no one should come here to preach for me. Just yes or no answer ..

I don’t have passion for it, I’m goin into it for money money money .

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by bluefilm: 1:31pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:

You can learn programming with a 256MB RAM Desktop computer running Windows XP.

1 Like

Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by dometome: 1:32pm On May 19, 2021
MrCuteking:

You're right. My honest opinion is to have a mentor while programming. It's very difficult to program when there is neither mentor nor group
just do it everyday, your daily life for example is a program. You don't teleport to school or work, do you? You Have to wake up, bath, brush teeth, eat, wear your clothes, take, check if you have your Tfare, if you have it, then go to the door, if not, go and get it, that's that. Just learn the art first, then worry about other things later.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by manyr4luv: 1:35pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:

You can! Dont allow money to limit you. Use that your LAPTOP + FREE OPERAMINI to start up. W3C can be your online classroom.

If you own a computer school or you are a computer training staff|student in need of a training database, GOOGLE the word 'ekehlinks' and you get your answer.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Harnny(m): 1:40pm On May 19, 2021
If it's windows, please stick to front-end with vscode...if you intend going into backend with sql and all that, I would recommend using Linux.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Tillatalk: 1:42pm On May 19, 2021
LoydJ:
Everybody dey learn programming
E kon be like say I nor dey serious with my Life.
I swear bro I no even get laptop now the one I get before Sapa hold me I sell am off grin
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:53pm On May 19, 2021
Can programming Rob Central Bank Of Nigeria
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by opemite: 2:02pm On May 19, 2021
Even with Android phone you can learn JavaScript
Download learn JavaScript from Google playstore. And you are good to go
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by UXExS: 2:08pm On May 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

This is honestly not true. A lot of people have changed their whole lives just by knowing how to code. The problem is most of the people learning to code ain't doing the right things.

Hello sir,

I like your disagreement, and I would love to know what the right things are for someone who's learning to code.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by amrichy(m): 2:14pm On May 19, 2021
SegFault:

Who cares if it's 32bit or not modern languages can even make 32bit systems use 64bit data types (C can do this) but most importantly what are your system specs, your CPU model and speed, your RAM capacity, your HDD capacity(this one ain't that important apart from swap on memory which the Os can use to extend the RAM capacity), since you are using a laptop I don't need to ask you about your GPU since you're obviously going to be using an integrated GPU given you're current financial status and tech knowledge. Besides there are many fields in programming I'll briefly advise you to try your hand in writing (books, content writing etc) because programming is almost always a disappointment for broke people.

Hello bro.
@ the bolded, I know you gave the OP that advice as a money- making avenue. Please I'm just venturing into programming too and I don't mind writing for money (as I'm currently broke and seriously need money for a lot of things). The problem is that I don't know how to go about it. Could you kindly give me some guidance?
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by ediko5(m): 2:32pm On May 19, 2021
You can start learning HTML, CSS... while working to get a 64bit PC.

But my advise, try to get a little extra source of income as programming isn't a quick money making venture as of today. When you rely solely on programming for your income at the start, you may be tired and may consider dumping it.

This is what have happened to so many wanna be programmers including me until i recently settled down to learn programming deeply which was after i got a job.
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by nifesguide(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2021
A1grade:

The CPU might be 64 bit. Have you checked the specs or do you know the model?
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Martialb1(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2021
unite4real:
you can learn COBOL and FORTRAN grin grin grin grin grin

for peace of mind go for 64bit OS

Nigga chill na curse u wan curse am grin
Re: Can I Learn Programming With A 32-bit Operating System? by Martialb1(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2021
Abeg for me the system go dey so sloe to the extent you fit wan quit. But sha start with html and ein siblings first. When u start making money u get a better system and start learning top level programming languages if you wish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Html,css,javascript Group Tutorial / How To Make Money From Developing Software Using Vb Or Java / How I Recommend A Newbie Goes About Learning Web Development.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.