Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,197 members, 7,780,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:46 PM

Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) (40178 Views)

Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived / Woman Marks 10th Anniversary Of Surviving Ovarian Cyst / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by benjackugo: 3:54pm On May 16, 2021
Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)

A Nigerian woman, Mmanti Umoh, has marked 15 years since she survived a ghastly motor accident in Kano state, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to her Facebook handle on Saturday, May 15, Ms Umoh narrated how she was in a vegetative state for a long time after the accident and waa waiting for her 'final day.'

However, she survived and went on to execute some policy projects around Africa and excelled in various ways.

Read her story below.

"In May 2006, 14 to be precise. I was involved in a ghastly motor accident on my way back from church. The driver and rider took off thinking me dead. It was worshippers from ECWA English, Airport Road, Kano that recognized me and raised alarm.

My lower body was detached from the upper body. I was bleeding from all openings. It was terrible. I was taken to the International Clinic Kano where my mom a medical professional worked too. All efforts to stop the bleeding proved abortive. The MD who had worked on 21 cases like mine prior, and seeing mine was looking worse helped my mom to give me the best care as they thoughtfully counted down to when the oxygen mask would be taken off and I would sleep.

I didn’t sleep or slip, I stayed in that mode for a year. Bleeding stopped but all I was in complete vegetative state. The doctors said recovery from a vegetative state is unlikely after 1 month if the cause was anything other than a head injury. I didn’t realize I was that way as I could hear and see everything that was going on but couldn’t process any information.

The best neurosurgeons in Kano were brought in, name a doctor that was needed and he was summoned because of Mercy Umoh (they loved her and she is really good with her profession) - they all agreed it was better I slipped through the sleep because, if I didn’t... life would be really hard and I wouldn’t be able to use my brain. Oh my parents and their faith in God.

Weeks into my stay in hospital- my friends Late Ada Ononogbu and Uzoma Tony Cheta found out and took turns to take care of me everyone waiting for the final day. Oh, my friend Uzoma was distraught he just kept saying ‘Mmanti you better not go anywhere’.

I didn’t go anywhere then, still here now. Somedays, ‘situation tells me to believe I should believe all hope is gone and from the looks of things I should be crying, but because I know who I trust my heart tells me to rejoice, my hope in God keeps telling me to hold on’.

It’s 15 years yesterday, my parents just woke me this morning with a thanksgiving song.

I made it. I have executed the toughest policy projects round Africa, worked the longest hours and excelled in ways Abba shows it can only be with Him. If you work on my team - you know it’s work. My mind is clear, my head functioning. Did I say that my spine healed and my hips stayed in place without support? I am the one God showed love.

God showed me mercy."
https://www.facebook.com/100050397523809/posts/308727677483814/?app=fbl

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by chot532: 4:02pm On May 16, 2021
Thank Godnfor live

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by longetivity(m): 4:06pm On May 16, 2021
THANK God for her life

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 16, 2021
So touching…….. I had wet eyes at the last paragraph.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by triple996(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2021
Naso
Pls make sure you survive ESN crisis grin. You are not out of it yet
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Caaz: 7:14pm On May 16, 2021
Abba is always wonderful....ma'am you're a testimony.

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Sebastine1994(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
Complaining is for losers

Action is for men,

complaining can never solve any problem.

thereforeI will stop complaining

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 8:07pm On May 16, 2021
All praise to God

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by datola: 8:08pm On May 16, 2021
When there is life, there is hope.

Thank God for your life!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by nenyeRitta(f): 8:08pm On May 16, 2021
Very beautiful woman good you’re alive GOD did it for you..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by slawormiir: 8:08pm On May 16, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Don't celebrate yet
You were just lucky my dear

One imaginary being up there in the sky didn't save your life

Infact..she might even be walking tomorrow and hit by a stray bullet....

So for everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die....
I know you all will say am talking like the devil...but no wahalar.....ain't scared...humans hate what they don't understand and reality always scare the shit of them

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Risingblue008(m): 8:09pm On May 16, 2021
Wonderful God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Sultty(m): 8:09pm On May 16, 2021
I thank God for the life of this lady, it can only be God because even in hospitals with all d best health facility and best doctors she would likely not have survived
Buhari will never die well for his and his cronies handling of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Testtest0: 8:09pm On May 16, 2021
Hallelujah
Happy for her

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by blamingthedevil: 8:09pm On May 16, 2021
Thank God. God Bless you ma

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by PCG001: 8:09pm On May 16, 2021
we lιve тo dιe anoтнer day✝
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Login12: 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
God really works

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
She is so lucky cry

These hit-and-run drivers are doing more harm than good.
Life would get better if we begin to obey traffic rules, pedestrians and drivers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by ChiefSosa(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by kofo01: 8:10pm On May 16, 2021
Thank God for ur life

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Bodyodour: 8:11pm On May 16, 2021
chot532:
Thank Godnfor live
which life? Life of suffering or what?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 8:13pm On May 16, 2021
Thank God for your life. You are a survivor
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by when2(f): 8:14pm On May 16, 2021
May God be praised!
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Remember1313: 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
Thank God for life

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Cosmatikka: 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
Praise be to Jesus.
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by ena5four(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
Only God
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2021
PraisE Jesus.
Re: Nigerian Woman Marks 15 Years Since She Survived Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos) by Shutup1st(f): 8:16pm On May 16, 2021
Thank God for her life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Even The Orthopaedic Hospitals Will Reject This One ( Pic) / The New Trick Used To Sell Expired Products In Nigeria - David King / Woman Shares Photos Of Her 4 Sons: "Doctor Said I Didn’t Have Enough Eggs"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.