Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:58 PM

What Food Myth Have You Been Told? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Myth Have You Been Told? (901 Views)

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) / What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Draslo(m): 8:46pm On May 16, 2021
I love okra so you can imagine my horror when years ago, my folks came and said we couldn't eat it anymore after the sun had set. This was an instruction from a white garment church. It is also a popular myth that okra neutralizes juju. Also, Muslims don't eat pork because the pig is deemed unclean.

Which one do you know?
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Goldbw122(m): 8:57pm On May 16, 2021
Why the heavens went up
When the world was peaceful, angels and human stay together, and no one works because food was very sufficient, like all over the place, so the rules is so don't leave any leftover always finish the food on ground before midnight, so a pregent, went ahead and took many food and was not able to eat the food and she slept off and she did not tell other people that there is a leftover,so the next day, God was very angry, and the heavens went up.... So real right... grin cheesy
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by illicit(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2021
Is it true that u don't eat mango with Garri
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by DICKstractor: 10:27pm On May 16, 2021
undecided

Mango and coke can kill instantly. I haven't tried it though and won't either.

It doesn't look like a good combo to me
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Draslo(m): 9:38am On May 17, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Mango and coke can kill instantly. I haven't tried it though and won't either.

It doesn't look like a good combo to me
Give us more details
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Ishilove: 1:05pm On May 17, 2021
Draslo:
I love okra so you can imagine my horror when years ago, my folks came and said we couldn't eat it anymore after the sun had set. This was an instruction from a white garment church. It is also a popular myth that okra neutralizes juju. Also, Muslims don't eat pork because the pig is deemed unclean.

Which one do you know?
They said catfish is marine people food so make we avoid am. grin

The okra thing is not a myth. I have a relative that does not eat draw soup at all otherwise she won't be able to sleep at night. So so bad dreams
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Draslo(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2021
Ishilove:

They said catfish is marine people food so make we avoid am. grin

The okra thing is not a myth. I have a relative that does not eat draw soup at all otherwise she won't be able to sleep at night. So so bad dreams
Yeah, at some point too they told my mom to inform her kids not to eat catfish prepared by a non-family member. I defied both orders. I ate enough grilled and pepper soup catfish from Switch 1922. Nothing do me. The Okra, I dey cook am with ogbono with assorted for dinner. Nothing do me. I don't believe in it.
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 17, 2021
A lot..... I get coconut head
Naturally hate snails
Don't drink coconut water. You will be dull. Don't eat fish eyes. You will always have 0/10.

Na those things I come like pass
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Ishilove: 2:28pm On May 17, 2021
Draslo:

Yeah, at some point too they told my mom to inform her kids not to eat catfish prepared by a non-family member. I defied both orders. I ate enough grilled and pepper soup catfish from Switch 1922. Nothing do me. The Okra, I dey cook am with ogbono with assorted for dinner. Nothing do me. I don't believe in it.
Okro is my all time fav so anyone who tells me not to eat it is just wasting their time. Even the catfish sef is a delicacy i indulge in once in 3 or 4 months. Abeg YOLO cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by Ishilove: 2:29pm On May 17, 2021
illicit:
Is it true that u don't eat mango with Garri
Which kind of esoteric mixture is this sef?
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by illicit(m): 4:00pm On May 17, 2021
Ishilove:

Which kind of esoteric mixture is this sef?

tongue

Haaa u never see something

U never see person wey dey take Yam drink garri
Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by lilvicky68(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2021
illicit:

tongue

Haaa u never see something

U never see person wey dey take Yam drink garri
Garri can go with anything...I've tried cabbage and stew with garri..very interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Food Myth Have You Been Told? by MasonKendall(m): 9:31pm On May 17, 2021
lilvicky68:

Garri can go with anything...I've tried cabbage and stew with garri..very interesting
This is what Chelsea ate before playing Leicester city.

(1) (Reply)

Soupy Or Stewberry (pic) / Cupcakes (pictures) / Afang Soup For My Boyfriend This Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.