Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor (22262 Views)

Okorocha: I Gave The Name APC / Okorocha: I Never Arrested Anybody As Governor, As Uzodinma Did To Me (Video) / Okorocha: I Don't Know If Rainfall In Imo Is Acidic, It Has Destroyed All Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Nobody: 12:06am On May 17, 2021
A former governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, has denied the allegations that he acquired properties with government funds.

He explained that he had always been a successful person before coming into office in 2011 and dared anyone to come forth with evidence that he mismanaged funds meant for the government.

“I challenge anybody to prove that I acquired any property with any government fund,” said the former who was a guest on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics.

He added, “I think people have forgotten that I was Rochas before becoming the governor of Imo State; I think they have forgotten completely.

“If anything, becoming a governor made me even poorer than what I was in the past. I don’t know whether I acquired any property here in Abuja, there is none.”

Okorocha, who now represents Imo West senatorial district in the National Assembly, believes those making the allegation are referring to a hotel that belongs to his wife and is used to fund their foundation.

According to him, there is no way he would have stole the government’s money when its monthly allocation is small.

The lawmaker stated that during his two-term as governor, he built the best international cargo airport and police state command in the country, as well as 27 hospitals, a new government house, a new court, and a new prison, among others.

He also spoke about his encounter with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the same issue, noting that he spent two nights when he was arrested.

“I said to them (EFCC) that I have not come to respond to your call because there is already a matter in court and once a matter is sub judice, you cannot talk about it.

“Imo State government has taken me to court on the same subject matter, and we are at the Federal High Court in Abuja on the same subject matter,” Okorocha said.

He added, “EFCC is doing their job because if there is no report, they can’t nose into whatever you are doing; EFCC is not witch-hunting, they are acting on a petition being written by somebody.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgu_2cMeRfg

Channels Television

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Daveambition(m): 12:12am On May 17, 2021
Becoming a govnor made him poorer & he didn't resign but govern the state for 8yrs. During those yrs in office he never came out publicly to complain.

Damn yu man. Most of this politicians deserve public execution

298 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Bola146(f): 12:16am On May 17, 2021
Lori iro wink na lie lie

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by HonNL: 12:31am On May 17, 2021
Ok nah
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Lcf69(m): 12:50am On May 17, 2021
Sen.Okorocha's constituents keep reducing bc,of statements like this.And,like there are know reasonable aides to prop his image again...... PINNED.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 1:11am On May 17, 2021
You're right my able former governor and now senator. Unlike the emperor from Iragbiji, Osun State whose throne is in Bourdilion and his footstool in Alausa, Ikeja Lagos State. A man who when he was governor swindled lagos State of over 100 billion Naira through Alpha Beta.

The leader of all Democrats also laundered N22.4bn, $4.4m From Alpha Beta To Vintage Press, Oando, Purchased Shares In Wema, Starcomms, HITV, Others while he keeps urging his Yoruba Moslems and Nairaland urchins to keep chanting " Itesiwaju Eko lo jo wa logun" for a paltry sum of 25,000 naira monthly ęgunję.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Tinubuadvocate: 1:22am On May 17, 2021
Yes very right no wonder both lame and blind igbo are struggling to migrate to southwest.
ThEGodFaThEr103:
You're right my able former governor and now senator. Unlike the emperor from Iragbiji, Osun State whose throne is in Bourdilion and his footstool in Alausa, Ikeja Lagos State. A man who when he was governor swindled lagos State of over 100 billion Naira through Alpha Beta.

The leader of all Democrats also laundered N22.4bn, $4.4m From Alpha Beta To Vintage Press, Oando, Purchased Shares In Wema, Starcomms, HITV, Others while he keeps urging his Yoruba Moslems and Nairaland urchins to keep chanting " Itesiwaju Eko lo jo wa logun" for a paltry sum of 25,000 naira monthly ęgunję.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by ThEGodFaThEr103(m): 1:36am On May 17, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Yes very right no wonder both lame and blind igbo are struggling to migrate to southwest.
While the eternal lazy Afonjas are busy running after Okada, Keke Napep, danfo and government owned BRT buses all in the name of Òmònile. Awon Òmò "baba tuale"

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by princechurchill(m): 2:22am On May 17, 2021
See lie my people this dangwurugwu is taking us for a fool smh

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Freelancer2020(m): 5:11am On May 17, 2021
Rochas, are you sure? so why did you still remain in office even after discovering being gov is about to make you poor?

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by inoki247: 5:39am On May 17, 2021
Weldone Motivational Speaker of our time....

So in one words if you're Poor before or Rich before no try to become a Governor cause you will be poorer like Ganduge the Babaringa nd co....

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Nuelito: 6:14am On May 17, 2021
Seems Okorocha is related to Lai Mohammed.

Their lies look alike

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Racoon(m): 6:27am On May 17, 2021
grin Chai! Iberiberism chapter 1:1. Rochas Okorocha fully knows he is only deceiving himself.Next lie pls.

8 Likes

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Seniorwriter(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2021
Na so
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by rawtouch: 10:34am On May 17, 2021
wink

from f a a n to govt house I also challenge him to goan swear at arunsi okija that he never stole government money directly or indirectly
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by GreaterFuture(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2021
Alright
I don't want to be poorer than i am already, Do you have Cut Metal/Iron Scraps for sale?
Please Hit me up, I want to buy as many as 10000 Metric Tonnes. Cut Scraps only, Serious Persons with Sensible prices Please
If it is uncut but within the Southwest at a good price, it will bought
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by candidbabe(f): 10:35am On May 17, 2021
Lori iro
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by pickatyouu: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
Lori iro

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by slawormiir: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Story
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by wpadmin: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
What kind of nonsense is this?
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by flemsy15(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2021
It's normal, stolen money are kept and used secretly. He is only telling us about the 'clean' money in his bank account; let him tell us about the secret about his secret investments, assets, money stashed away somewhere, crypto investments, etc

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Seniorwriter(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2021
SORO SOKE WEREY!!!!

ALL PAST AND PRESENT GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA ARE CROOKS!

@SeniorWriter

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Mindlog: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
He has become so delusioned that he is so convinced he can defend the mismanagement of his tenure as the best thing to have happened to Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Amuluonyenaego: 10:35am On May 17, 2021
Okoroawusa the betrayal
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by ClassicMan202(m): 10:35am On May 17, 2021
This man..... your mumu no too much??
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by Bossontop(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2021

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by paulolee(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2021
lwkmd....this is more like a joke of the day...becoming a governor made u poorer and you did 8yrs n was soo poor dt you started having sleepless nights fighting for ur son in law to become the governor and continue the poverty line...scammer like u
he jus sounded like one new generation pastor i kno dt always say becoming a pastor made him so poor than before, guy man wey i know finish when him still de street, the gee been de treck under hot sun o, but now as a pastor na bad machines him dey drive..
him de always drop d lamber n congregation go de pity n even sow bigger seeds for e life so dt their pastor wont remain "poor"..
seems last last na pastor business I go run since I no get connection for politics..

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by teacherbim(f): 10:36am On May 17, 2021
Mtewwwwwwwwwww, radarada
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2021
Rochas will just open mouth waa...

How will easily forget how people contributed money to fund his campaign?
Re: Okorocha: I Became Poorer Being A Governor by BrdeDesign50: 10:36am On May 17, 2021
You never see anything yet

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Visits Abiodun, Predicts Oil Discovery In Ogun / Mass Exodus From Mubi After Gunmen Kill Scores Of Students / 2016 Corruption Index: Nigeria Ranked 136 Out Of 168

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.