Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit (6070 Views)

Peterobi Latest Speech That Made The Nigerians Love Him/ Peter Obi Blast Curren / The Last Straw / President Buhari Democracy Day Speech Is Full Of Lies - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by SEasternVictory: 12:34am On May 17, 2021
Many of us have been flirting with Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB for a while now. There is so much injustice and poverty in Igbo land that all solutions are considered in trying to resolve the plight of the people. Massob and other groups that came before IPOB with peace and protest were killed en masse by blood thirsty illiterate and poorly trained soldiers . So when IPOB came with a more belligerent approach to resolving matters, many of us embraced their strategy and began to support some of their policies.

However, Nnamdi Kanu’s broadcasts are filled with unbridled rage, myth, hate and viciousness which becloud the message that he is trying to deliver. While he is indeed admired for this courage in addressing the pertinent issues that affect the South East, and standing up to power without remorse or favour, his constant abuse of Africans , Nigerians and blacks generally is seriously detrimental to any international support or sympathy he may have gained or could gain if he had taken a more constructive approach. Furthermore , calling blacks dumb, monkeys , fools etc is surely not the method a rational, sane and educated person should use to disseminate information to the people he claims to love.

The last straw for me was his speech this evening which appeared to be a call for suicide bombers and suicide missions. This is anathema to Igbo culture and Igbo religion, we don’t encourage suicide. His speech was nothing short of a call for death en masse and by intent, on the basis of myth and delusions. Asking Igbos to accept that there will be huge loss of life without a credible solution and well equipped armoury is irresponsible and shameful.

Nnamdi Kanu has also exposed increasing levels of illiteracy amongst the youth due to rapidly falling academic standards, a decrepit education system and social media addiction; this makes them vulnerable to any wind of doctrine that flows from the mouth of Nnamdi Kanu. Exploiting the youth to achieve your aims with no respect for the value of their life is cruelty.

In addition, the random murder of security forces and call for 2000 heads to bury Ikonso is not what an educated rational leader would ever say , it’s barbaric , diabolical, and creates the impression that all Igbos are savages baying for bloodshed.

I cannot in good conscience allow Nnamdi Kanu lead Igbo youth on a suicide mission; I can no longer in good conscience cheer at the death of security forces and the destruction of property and innocent life.

We want Biafra , we can get it , but it will take time, resources, planning , subtlety , strategy, negotiation and partnerships. Right now we need to protect what we have and move in a more logical and informed direction.

Thank You.

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by PissfulProtester: 12:39am On May 17, 2021
God bless you ..

The brainwashed Igbo illiterates shivering at his commands will tag you yoluba moslems or Fulani jihadist now

I wish anyone who chooses to lay down his life for Kanu a safe trip to hell

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Gobengroup(m): 12:44am On May 17, 2021
PissfulProtester:
God bless you ..

The brainwashed Igbo illiterates shivering at his commands will tag you yoluba moslems or Fulani jihadist now

You need sense instead of commenting rubbish on this media everyday. ☹️

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by BabbanBura(m): 12:50am On May 17, 2021
SEasternVictory:
Many of us have been flirting with Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB for a while now. There is so much injustice and poverty in Igbo land that all solutions are considered in trying to resolve the plight of the people. Massob and other groups that came before IPOB with peace and protest were killed en masse by blood thirsty illiterate and poorly trained soldiers . So when IPOB came with a more belligerent approach to resolving matters, many of us embraced their strategy and began to support some of their policies.

However, Nnamdi Kanu’s broadcasts are filled with unbridled rage, myth, hate and viciousness which becloud the message that he is trying to deliver. While, he is indeed admired for this courage in addressing the pertinent issues that affect the South East, and standing up to power without remorse or favour, his constant abuse of Africans , Nigerians and blacks generally is seriously detrimental to any international support or sympathy he may have gained or could gain if he had taken a more constructive path. Furthermore , calling blacks dumb, monkeys , fools etc is surely not the method a rational, sane and educated person would use to disseminate information to his people.

The last straw for me was his speech this evening which appeared to be a call for suicide bombers and suicide missions. This is anathema to Igbo culture and Igbo religion, we don’t encourage suicide. His speech was nothing short of a call for death en masse and by intent, on the basis of myth and delusions. Asking Igbos to accept that there will be huge loss of life without a credible solution and well equipped armoury is irresponsible and shameful.

Nnamdi Kanu has also exposed increasing levels of illiteracy amongst the youth due to rapidly falling academic standards, a decrepit education system and social media addiction; this makes them vulnerable to any wind of doctrine that flows from the mouth of Nnamdi Kanu. Exploiting the youth to achieve your aims with no respect for the value of their life is cruelty.

In addition, the random murder of security forces and call for 2000 heads to bury Ikonso is not what an educated rational leader would ever say , it’s barbaric , diabolical, and creates the impression that all Igbos are savages baying for bloodshed.

I cannot in good conscience allow Nnamdi Kanu lead Igbo youth on a suicide mission; I can no longer in good conscience cheer at the death of security forces and the destruction of property and innocent life.

We want Biafra , we can get it , but it will take time, resources, planning , subtlety , strategy, negotiation and partnerships. Right now we need to protect what we have and move in a more logical and informed direction.

Thank You.

This one's eyes don clear, e have seen the light. I agree totally with what you posted, the injustice to the Igbo community is pathetic and provocative but Kanu's approach isn't the best there is. It is also unfortunate that una ruling class are either too naive or overly too selfish and therefore keep betraying this noble cause for Igbo liberation from oppressions

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Veqtor: 12:51am On May 17, 2021
Oyigbo update...dat you?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by limeta(f): 12:53am On May 17, 2021
Pick one kanu or fulani
truth be told i dont see a third option

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Staphylococcus: 12:53am On May 17, 2021
I don't know why the Federal Government cannot contract the the life of the hunchback albino.

Israel and Russian assassin's will silence this coward for life. And doubt if their services will go over $200k

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by okosodo: 1:02am On May 17, 2021
The problem with igbos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:09am On May 17, 2021
limeta:
Pick one kanu or fulani truth be told i dont see a third option
If you look well, you will see the 3rd option

Catfishing PiggyVestTroll Labadi69 The5DME 1000trillion

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Tinubuadvocate: 1:10am On May 17, 2021
I pray one day his gullible followers understand how this albino have been using them for their money in the name of fake promise. The stark illiterate can't even realized that Nigeria can't break away.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:10am On May 17, 2021
Staphylococcus:
I don't know why the Federal Government cannot contract the the life of the hunchback albino.

Israel and Russian assassin's will silence this coward for life. And doubt if their services will go over $200k

It's a role you can also dedicate yourself too na.
You can sponsor yourself. Or what do you say grin

Catfishing PiggyVestTroll Labadi69 The5DME 1000trillion

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by dragunov: 1:14am On May 17, 2021
Staphylococcus:

I beg find somewhere else to spread and leave this forum alone.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Daveambition(m): 1:24am On May 17, 2021
What the enemies can't destroy they will distract. Stay woke IPOB, every dog has its day.
Believe it or YES, the Rising~Sun of Biafra shall triumphant... We are the descendant of Isrealite

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by SisterFire(f): 1:45am On May 17, 2021
...rats quits when lions makes a decision ..

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by superjab247: 2:41am On May 17, 2021
PissfulProtester:
God bless you ..

I know u would be here after collecting Ur sachet dano and Lipton bribe called salary to blackmail Kanu and Igbos grin

In other words"run into the bushes Ur class belongs there cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by superjab247: 2:43am On May 17, 2021
Staphylococcus:

Look at Ur dirty mouth

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by mbaise1000: 3:04am On May 17, 2021
I am never in support or happy when any one is murdered for the sake of nigeria no matter who, because I don't believe that nigeria deserves the blood of anything,
But it is VERY suspicious when your enemy begins to give you advice on how to do anything right, it means you are on the right track.
BTW, it's a curse to die for nigeria or die because of it or kill because of it, anyone that kills any soul because of nigeria or any country for that matter is a cursed soul,
My question always remains ""what is the value of a country to a dead person?""

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Tobrasky: 3:43am On May 17, 2021
If Kanu truly said he wants a suicide bombing squad then it's time that lunatic is called to order fast before things get out of hand, I've lost complete faith in this whole IPOB madness, IPOB was a perfect chance and platform to unite all the Igbo groups in the East and Niger Delta, but Kanu been the unstrategic buffon that he is wasted time cajoling, insulting, and forcing toxic minority groups who have no love for Igbos into his warped schizophrenic-induced version of Biafra... now we have useless minorities who were never relevant to the discourse of core Igbo nationalism now insulting the whole Igbo nation on account of the naivety and stupidity of relentless Kanu and his IPOB goons... that's where I completely lost faith in Kanu and his charade, this fool had the right audience based on the millions of followers in IPOB and the perfect platform to set the fire of Igbo consciousness, years wasted with nothing to show for it...no diplomatic outreach, no strategy, no smart lobbying of our political leaders and legislators to promote the interest of Biafra in the senate and house of reps... Nothing, absolutely nothing but insults, insults, insults and then threats if you dare raise a contrary opinion to Kanu and his brainless ducklings. Now here we are wasting lives of security personnels and inviting war-ready Igbo hating barbarians in uniform to unleash war on the peaceful serenity of the East... this bastard has now gone a step further in his unbridled lunacy by soliciting for suicide bombers? Suicide bombers in Igboland of all places? Chei! has it gotten to this point of depravity? I fear for the future of Alaigbo if nothing is done to tame this beast before it blossoms out of control, let's just scrape this whole IPOB nonsense and start all over again with more intelligent, sound minded and strategic people actually leading the lines of the struggle

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by NaMe4: 3:45am On May 17, 2021
Hmm, after reading some comments,
I wonder how many on NL would be willing volunteers for the suicide bombing missions.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Idiotseverywher: 4:20am On May 17, 2021
Staphylococcus:

. Hahahaha aa if ipob worldwide will,not contract the Same assassin to finish like the one in France today, you think to commit assassination is easy, try it and see what will happen

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by GreenArrow1(m): 4:27am On May 17, 2021
NaMe4:
I wonder how many on NL would be willing volunteers for the suicide bombing missions.

It will amaze you how plenty they are. One can only wish them successful detonations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Nonexisting: 4:28am On May 17, 2021
Afonja moslem pretending to be Igbo. We know who you are very well, oyigboupdate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by SweetiliciousD: 4:33am On May 17, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
I pray one day his gullible followers understand how this albino have been using them for their money in the name of fake promise. The stark illiterate can't even realized that Nigeria can't break away.

That emboldened is falacious.

1. The people that fused you together, left EU via BREXIT. Why do you feel your fusion is permanent?

2. Nigeria isn't more powerful than USSR. Where is the country now?

3. A slave and docile mentality dares no change for the better hence slavery becomes sweet. For how long?

4. No freedom comes without shedding of blood. Eg. South Sudan, Eritrea and Indonesia. Have you thought of that?

5. Kanu's approach isn't the best but, how long can easterners be on their knees crying without standing up and facing their oppressors?

6. Amidst OP's criticism, he failed to offer any workable solution to this quagmire? A better strategy is needed. Are you(OP), willing to stick out your neck for its implementation and walking the talk as Kanu is doing?

Think again cos freedom is priceless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by WoundedLamb: 4:54am On May 17, 2021
It's hard not to admire the OP. Whether one agrees with him regarding the subject or not, we can all agree the post is thoughtfully written. I wish everyone on this app would learn to present thier opinions in such an articulate and unputdownable manner. Very pensive!

Unfortunately, I don't have enough details to comment on the matter at hand.

Meanwhile, if your aim is to defame IPOB and their leader (hopefully, it's not), I suggest you put your skills into something more productive.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by moriss33(m): 4:58am On May 17, 2021
U shouldn't even be talking when others are cuz ur part of doz that want to enthrone a drug baron who doesn't care about his state but wants to rule Nigeria.
Tinubuadvocate:
Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by makemoneywbsite: 5:00am On May 17, 2021
limeta:
Pick one kanu or fulani
truth be told i dont see a third option

You can see he just registered the fake account today to condem IPOB

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Biafranboys: 5:05am On May 17, 2021
The problem I see with people on the other side I mean people like massob and uche mefor is that they are not doing anything on ground, they gave kanu this power that he has now, when fulanis was killing and chasing people away from farms Uwazurike did nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, governors did nothing.

IPOB singlehandedly chased away fulani killer herdsmen and they paid for it in blood, I am not a member of ipob but I am a biafran by blood.

We must stop this kanu blame game and profer solutions, the fulanis are coming to kill igbos they won't ask you first if you belong to ipob and one thing igobs don't know it that you are still a iyamiri to those sahel marauders if you like be Joe ibokwe or chris ngige.

I also listened to kanu and he pointed out the hypocrisy in people like you, what did you do when the army was killing unarmed ipob members? Is ipob truly a terrorist organisation?

Look this is what we deserve for keeping quiet and not speaking up or do something , I always disagree with kanu, but for now the rest are doing nothing, we should stop pretending and face reality and just like he said the world once called Nelson Mandela a terrorist.

Nigeria can not survive another civil war and it would eventually hasten the break up of Nigeria and let me remind you that the Nigerian army are the most unprofessional army in the world, I call them the civilian killing machine, look at the woman they killed in rivers state right in her room.

We must stop pretending and face reality, nigeria is gone already and for him abusing black people, well he is right, black people are slow and they love oppression, go and look at what is going on in Hong Kong, burma and many other places, as long as nobody is providing an alternative, people would follow nnamdi kanu

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Biafranboys: 5:06am On May 17, 2021
NaMe4:

How about the ipob woman killed few days ago in her room

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Biafranboys: 5:09am On May 17, 2021
Tobrasky:
If Kanu truly said he wants a suicide bombing squad then it's time that lunatic is called to order fast before things get out of hand, I've lost complete faith in this whole IPOB madness, IPOB was a perfect chance and platform to unite all the Igbo groups in the East and Niger Delta, but Kanu been the unstrategic buffon that he is wasted time cajoling, insulting, and forcing toxic minority groups who have no love for Igbos into his warped schizophrenic-induced version of Biafra... now we have useless minorities who were never relevant to the discourse of core Igbo nationalism now insulting the whole Igbo nation on account of the naivety and stupidity of relentless Kanu and his IPOB goons... that's where I completely lost faith in Kanu and his charade, this fool had the right audience based on the millions of followers in IPOB and the perfect platform to set the fire of Igbo consciousness, years wasted with nothing to show for it...no diplomatic outreach, no strategy, no smart lobbying of our political leaders and legislators to promote the interest of Biafra in the senate and house of reps... Nothing, absolutely nothing but insults, insults, insults and then threats if you dare raise a contrary opinion to Kanu and his brainless ducklings. Now here we are wasting lives of security personnels and inviting war-ready Igbo hating barbarians in uniform to unleash war on the peaceful serenity of the East... this bastard has now gone a step further in his unbridled lunacy by soliciting for suicide bombers? Suicide bombers in Igboland of all places? Chei! has it gotten to this point of depravity? I fear for the future of Alaigbo if nothing is done to tame this beast before it blossoms out of control, let's just scrape this whole IPOB nonsense and start all over again with more intelligent, sound minded and strategic people actually leading the lines of the struggle

If you like kill kanu, the one more dangerous than kanu would emerge, remember how police killed mohammed yusuf in handcuffs and then shakau was born and you know the rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Almaigaa: 5:10am On May 17, 2021
Let the continue, since they've sworn to turn the land of the RISING SUN (the ZOO) to another SYRIA.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu’s Latest Speech Is The Last Straw - I Quit by Biafranboys: 5:12am On May 17, 2021
PissfulProtester:
God bless you ..

Is it your life? Why are you people crying more than the bereaved? We say we want freedom, do you guys think it's a joke? Now people know kanu is serious, the Nigerian government should sit down and split this country peacefully , we are tired of this slavery and I am not a member of ipob but I am truly tired of Nigeria, now the game have changed and the army would know its game time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi: As A President I Will Dialogue With Agitators But Not Bandits / Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba / Dino Certificate: To Those Criticizing The Almighty Ahmadu Bello University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.