Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,689,883 members, 6,336,936 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 June 2021 at 01:30 PM

A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life (198 Views)

Toxic Habits You Need To Get Rid Of To Have A More Productive Life / Five Productive Things Undergraduates Can Do As They Await Reopening Of Schools / UNILAG Ranked 3rd Most Productive School In Africa In Educating Entrepreneurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 8:15am On May 17
With respect to work, it is very important and necessary for people at some point in their life to commit themselves to a single profession or career or whatever it is they would like to pursue. In a way that is what you do in the university.

At some point in your life, you have to become one thing. There is a sacrifice though. When you are young, you are full of potential to achieve multiple things but for your own good, you have to decide on one thing you could become and sacrifice many things you could become. It is a necessary sacrifice. Whether you decide or not you will age. If you don't decide on one thing and become a disciplined adherent of some specific practice or profession, you risk aging chaotically.

Instead of becoming an old child, age into something that is meaningful and productive.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 9:35am On May 18
Start by solving your individual problems. When you have solved enough of your problems that you consider yourself stable, you may be ready to take on the challenge of starting and raising a family. You do that very well and you may be helpful in solving the problems of your community. One who is helpful in solving the problems of his community may be capable of solving state problems overtime.

There are problems that countries should be concerned about on a global level but I don't see why someone who has not even solved most of his personal problems should be paranoid in being a climate activist. He is likely not capable of making things better but worse with the solutions he will proffer.

Don't use activism as an escape mechanism. Don't use it as a means of avoiding the most crucial problems confronting you.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 8:39pm On May 19
A is what you want to happen. B is what is happening. When B is not A, that is, when what is happening is not what you want to happen, you have the unexpected and you feel anxiety.

The larger the magnitude of the unexpected occurrence, the greater the amount of anxiety.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 12:37pm On Jun 05
You are used to the world as a place of objects: house, table, cars. For a moment stop considering the world as a place of objects and look at it as an experience.

The world as an experience has chaos on the left, order on the right, and your consciousness which experiences both in the middle.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 9:11am On Jun 07
You want A to happen but B happens. B is unexpected. When there is a mismatch between what you want to happen and what is happening, a sequence of events occur which manifest themselves in thought, behaviour and especially in emotion.

Something surprising, something you may consider threatening has occurred.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 2:08pm On Jun 08
If you stand with your shoulders slumped forward, your chest tucked in, as if you are afraid, it reflects on the way you feel. It is also true that the way you feel can reflect in your posture.

Stand up straight and with confidence. You may say that standing up straight with respect to your posture does not help your situation. You are a body and you are also a soul. When I say stand up straight, it is not only as regards posture. Your soul has to stand up straight. Doing that enables you to confront what you should.

Perhaps the first step to an improved situation is to stand up straight psychologically and spiritually.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 10:23am On Jun 09
What do you do when you don't know what to do?

Tell the truth.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by SweetBuns(f): 10:42am On Jun 09
Growing:
With respect to work, it is very important and necessary for people at some point in their life to commit themselves to a single profession or career or whatever it is they would like to pursue. In a way that is what you do in the university.

At some point in your life, you have to become one thing. There is a sacrifice though. When you are young, you are full of potential to achieve multiple things but for your own good, you have to decide on one thing you could become and sacrifice many things you could become. It is a necessary sacrifice. Whether you decide or not you will age. If you don't decide on one thing and become a disciplined adherent of some specific practice or profession, you risk aging chaotically.

Instead of becoming an old child, age into something that is meaningful and productive.
This is from a lecture from Jordan Peterson yes?
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 1:24pm On Jun 09
The idea is his.
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09
The picture below gives the real estate information.

WhatsApp: 09136579358.

Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by blizard44: 2:51pm On Jun 09
I'm following.

Aging into something meaningful and productive got me hooked .
I've been fighting this my whole life.
I'm a dreamer.
I have in my finger tip a hundred things I could successfully be .

In this type of situation , morphing into one becomes the greatest challenge of any one's life.

You're doing something good here.
I commend you
Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 10:34am On Jun 10
blizard44:
I'm following.

Aging into something meaningful and productive got me hooked .
I've been fighting this my whole life.
I'm a dreamer.
I have in my finger tip a hundred things I could successfully be .

In this type of situation , morphing into one becomes the greatest challenge of any one's life.

You're doing something good here.
I commend you

Thank you for your comment.

Believe me when I say I understand you when it comes to pursuing multiple things you could become. It affected me for years.

The concept of sacrifice is applicable and necessary in that regard. You can be many things and many of them have to be sacrificed in pursuit of something you are aiming at.

The good thing is that when you successfully become something and you are productive at that, you have the confidence, helpful knowledge, maybe even resources and connection to become something better.

1 Like

Re: A Thread That Promotes A Meaningful And Productive Life by Growing(m): 11:12am On Jun 11
For anyone considering going to see a therapist, find a therapist that will listen to you. The psychotherapist is not there to give you advice although sometimes that can be helpful. Neither is the psychotherapist there to solve your problem. That might be strange to you. "If the therapist is not there to solve my problem then why should I go and see one?"

The psychotherapist is there to help you understand what problem it is you are facing so that it can be delineated properly. The psychotherapist is there to help you articulate what it is you want and what you will like to achieve with psychotherapy. The psychotherapist moves from there to help you strategize towards the articulated aim.

All this makes it necessary for you to find a therapist who will really listen to you.

(1) (Reply)

Online INFORMATICA Training / TERADATA Online Training / Online BUSINESS ANALYST Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.