Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

I Need Advice From Pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Advice From Pastor Chris (1532 Views)

Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Photos From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s 51st Birthday Party / Pictures From Pastor Tunde Bakare's 60TH BIRTHDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 8:51am On Apr 28, 2011
Pastor,

I am concerned about a friend of mine - he grew up in Nigeria but he talks with a strange accent, we cant understand it because we know exactly where he grew up. As if that was not bad enough  he has started doing funny things to his hair. In our culture men generally leave their hair to grow naturally - but he does something funny to his hair - I think they call it jerry curls!! We honestly dont know what to do - we are very worried.

He also makes extravagant claims about his 'supernatural' powers - in fact he made so many claims that at some point he was prevented from saying those things. He also seems to have an undocumented source of wealth. He goes around in expensive cars but he does not have a job apart from lying to a group of people regularly - these people give him money which he says is for Gods work. I really hope he is not misusing this money because we know there is nothing worse than fleecing people in the name of God.

Please Pastor Chris - help him - we are really worried.

grin grin grin
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2011
Another thing pastor - he has opened a school where he claims he teaches people how to receive miracles. Please help! grin grin grin
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by nuella2(f): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2011
nonsense!!! why do you love pst chris so much , you are just pretending you hate him, he is all you think and write about. i cant believe all you are living for is to post rubbish about a man you know nothing about. earwise get more people to join you in your crusade, open more threads, nothing will change the man will grow higher and bigger in god. we go come start cell meeting for your cybercafe sef ;d ;d ;d
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2011
Who is talking about Pastor Chris - I am talking about my friend  grin grin grin
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by fyneguy: 10:51am On Apr 28, 2011
Obsession
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 10:56am On Apr 28, 2011
@fyneguy

Yes - an obsession with exposing charlatans!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by mabell: 11:08am On Apr 28, 2011
Earswide! Earswide!! Earswide!!!
For how long will you remain in your childishness despite all that could make you wiser
Even if you want to remain there, don't exhibit it here
Nairaland is for adults, a place where you can learn and be taught
Your ignorance of the things of the spirit is getting worse by the day
You need to change fast
I weep for you o!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 11:16am On Apr 28, 2011
@Mabell

My sister dont weep for me o - you surely have better things to do than that.

What things of the spirit am I ignorant of ?

Pastor Chris Oyaks is a fraud - why cant you see it ? where/when did he get his accent ?
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 11:31am On Apr 28, 2011
@Mabell

According to wikipedia (which will no doubt have been edited by CEC guys)
Pastor Chris was born in the 60's to the family of Late Elder T.E. Oyakhilome, and was brought up in a Christian home. He got born-again at the tender age of 9, and when he was 11 years, was admitted into Edo College, Benin City. He completed his school leaving certificate (ordinary level) as well as his higher leaving certificate (advanced level) in the college. He, like other young Christians, became an active member of the school's Christian Union. During this period, his leadership qualities blossomed and was felt by fellow students and the school officials and by his A-Level years (2 years), he was elected as the head of the Christian Union. By the time he gained admission to the University, he, together with some other Christian friends, set up a Christian organization headquartered in Benin-City; organizing Sunday services, establishing and growing Christian fellowships in secondary schools, tertiary institutes of learning all over Nigeria. His leadership qualities was evident as he trained and mentored young Christians, held a number of crusades in various regions of Nigeria. He continued in this ministry as a young undergraduate at the then Bendel State University (now "Ambrose Alli University"wink[1] where he studied Architecture.

So please tell me where he found the time to develop his fake accent ? He uses the fake accent to trick the gullible and vulnerable. He is a fraud!!!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Uchenaija

do you have the right thread ?
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Mabell

According to wikipedia (which will no doubt have been edited by CEC guys)
So please tell me where he found the time to develop his fake accent ? He uses the fake accent to trick the gullible and vulnerable. He is a fraud!!!
I see you have been very busy with your home work
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 28, 2011
@ Earswide
Firstly, confess that you are not fascinated with the way he communicates but that aside what is the sync between the accent of a man and what he does
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Newmi

Ok, the question is why does a man who has a nigerian accent like 150million other nigerians think he has to change his accent to preach ? He is mostly preaching to nigerians so he can speak in his normal accent and he will be perfectly understood.

I think it is a sign of his deceit/ inferiority complex that he tries to sound westernized. Does an american try to sound nigerian in america ? so why is a nigerian trying to sound american in nigeria - what makes it more silly is that he grew up in nigeria - so the accent is completely made up!!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by mabell: 2:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Mabell
My sister dont weep for me o - you surely have better things to do than that.

i weep not because i have too much tears to shed but because you have allowed yourself to be like clay in the hands of the devil and he is molding you real good

EarsWide:

@Mabell
Anybody can develop an accent, my friend, it's simple
Go check out the vivian fowler girls or even the british schools and others
you'll be blown away by their accent
By the way he doesn't trick people with his accent, people come in because of the word preached and the manifestation of the presence of Jesus
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by donsktr: 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Earswide have you ever heard of anything like Karma? I am not religious but I think I have heard somewhere that the bible said to leave judgement to Him.  All those who preach in my Name shall surely be judged. or something of that sort.

I used to be like like you.  I questioned anything I do not understand and if it still doesn't make sense to me, I start to critique it and once my critique fall on deaf ears, I start to hate it and therefore making up stories.  Bro, it does not work.  You will only end up hating yourself the more.  

The reason is, while you are there trying to know what others are cooking their food with, you end up not minding your cooking hence it gets burnt and while you are starting all over again on the first one the others have moved on to the second set of cooking.

Bros abeg, move on, let the man be and truth shall prevail one day.  Ehn! ndo.
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 2:28pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Mabell

Oyaks did not go to any of those such schools where foreign accents can be 'acquired'- so where did he get his ?

He is just pretending to have a foreign accent - he is a fraud.
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 2:33pm On Apr 28, 2011
@donsktr

Please tell me what stories I am making up ?

I am pointing out the glaringly obvious - why does he speak with a foreign accent if he grew up in Nigeria, why does he have jerry curls, why did the NBC tell him he had to verify his miracles before making claims on TV ?

Look this guy is a fraud - there is no other way to say it. He is not alone - there are others Ashimodollar, Oyede4planes, Creflo Dollar etc

There are genuine preachers out there and there are genuine miracles happening everyday - these frauds however are only out to enrich themselves by fleecing the vulnerable and that really vexes me.
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by mabell: 4:48pm On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Mabell
Oyaks did not go to any of those such schools where foreign accents can be 'acquired'- so where did he get his ?
He is just pretending to have a foreign accent - he is a fraud.

You really have a complex called inferiority
Didn't you learn oral english
if you go by those pronunciations taught, it would change your accent
but no, while your classmates were being taught, your mind was elsewhere
you must not go to the best of schools to learn a foreign accent
mere watching of films could even do that
you should leave the forest that you are once in a while for a breathe of fresh air
tarzan
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 28, 2011
May be this healing school is an avenue for the man to 'let off steam' but more important is the fact that the embassy has people living contrary to the Bible. Paul in 1st corinthians 11 talks about important stuff and indicts men like Oyaks.
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by newmi(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2011
EarsWide:

@Newmi

Ok, the question is why does a man who has a nigerian accent like 150million other nigerians think he has to change his accent to preach ? He is mostly preaching to nigerians so he can speak in his normal accent and he will be perfectly understood.

What would you define as "the Nigerian Accent"
EarsWide:

@Newmi

What would you define as "the Nigerian Accent" a country of about 521 languages with an ethnic diversity of about 250 all of these serving as considerable influencial factors in their use of the English language. If there was any problem in understand don't you think 25yrs plus is rather too long to find out? Because the followship is geometrically accelerating

EarsWide:

I think it is a sign of his deceit/ inferiority complex that he tries to sound westernized. Does an american try to sound nigerian in america ? so why is a nigerian trying to sound american in nigeria - what makes it more silly is that he grew up in nigeria - so the accent is completely made up!!
Does it offend you that a man has made up his mind to be different afterall of what importance is the inclusion of courses like oral English, Literature and Use of English in the learning scheme of schools. The fact that you failed doesn't automatically generalize the frame.
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 11:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
@Newmi

A nigerian accent is the accent in the area where he grew up.

You said
Does it offend you that a man has made up his mind to be different afterall of what importance is the inclusion of courses like oral English, Literature and Use of English in the learning scheme of schools. The fact that you failed doesn't automatically generalize the frame.

To be different - by faking an accent ? Come on, this guy is a clown!!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2011
@EarsWide,
Maybe the Fried hair and the fancy accent are the tools your friend uses to cast a SPELL over his dumb followers,while the false miracles he performs are what he uses to BIND them.However I am getting confused here,who is the thread about? Is it about your friend or is it about Pastor Chris?
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by Kay17: 12:23pm On May 01, 2011
When pastor chris dies, i'm sure some ppl will commit suicide. Because this blind followership is alarming
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by Azibalua(f): 2:27pm On May 01, 2011
@ big ears
Get a grip how does his accent affect you,
You on the other hand need the latest editions of the handbook " brighter grammar"
Whilst you are here battling over his accent he is busy filling up stadiums with people and ministering the spirit to them
You actually need a job,
If you don't have anything to say, then
Mei chunu
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 01, 2011
@Azibalua,
Read 2nd Peter,chapt2 verses1-3.
Read Acts of the Apostles,chapt 8 verses9-24.
BEWARE!!!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by EarsWide(m): 6:53pm On May 01, 2011
@Azibalua

By their fruits you shall know them - a man with a fake accent/fried hair is a fraud!
Re: I Need Advice From Pastor Chris by ogajim(m): 8:03pm On May 02, 2011
Maybe it's just me but when I look up Oyakhilomen, Okotie, Oritsejafor, Adefarasin, etc on youtube, they sound like Nigerians who have been out of the country a few times and thus try to speak with a forced accent. You can detect that when they pronounce certain words or phrases, the hair frying is a whole other matter.

Those emulating/imitating them without stepping out of MMI should be flogged in the market square for treason, that's my 2 cents which of course is free. cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

The Man With The Red Underpants-A R Green / Witnesses Of The Trinity / TB Joshua Instructs Refund Of $100 Registration Fee!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.