Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

My POS Journey - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My POS Journey (350 Views)

Please I Need Advise On Starting My Pos Business / I Started My Pos Business Today! / I Need Standard Pos For My Pos Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My POS Journey by Ryan03(f): 11:22pm On May 17, 2021
Hello agents and aspiring agents, today I feel like sharing my success story on the forum. To some people, I have not made it yet but I am grateful for where I am and I know I will improve.
My reason for sharing my story is to inspire the aspiring agents who keep getting discouraged because people are telling them that the business is already flooded, my dear, just do your thing and you will do well.
My friend own a pos shop where I usually withdraw from, one day, she enquired about my salary and I told her I received 48k. She just laughed and said she can't do it o, cause she usually make up to 80-100k monthly. I couldn't believe it, like in this small shop?
She advised me to start it but I had double mind because there are so many pos in my area, I felt I won't even get customers. I told my girlfriend and before I knew it, aunty started asking questions and was able to get my first terminal (kudi) for me.
The terminal stayed for almost 2weeks in my house because I didn't have the confidence to start but one day, I picked courage and approached the iye eki (mother of market) in my area, she asked me to pay 6k for 6months but she won't give me shade or space to put kiosk, that I should just be working in the market (three other people do same in the market already). I felt embarrassed, like how can I be moving round market shouting pos up and down shocked shocked shocked but then, I just had to.
Tuesday is the main market day, so I carried the 150k I had and entered market by 7am, Omo, I started hearing pos pos, before 9:30am, the 150k was finished. Ah! Me that prayed to God to give me even if it is only 10 transactions . I couldn't believe it so I called my girlfriend and told her. Aunty quickly brought 200k for me that I should transfer it back immediately I am through, not even up to 12pm and I was out of cash.
I was tired from walking too much so I just closed and went home. Got home and realized I made about 4k grin grin. My salary divided by 30days is just 1600, imagine making 4k a day�? The following day, I went again but it wasn't market day so I made only 500 naira�. My Friend who introduced me to the business took me to her friends shop just opposite the Market, the guy operates a bet niger shop, she begged him to allow me share with him and he agreed. I paid him 12k for 6months and started.
I made only 1200 on my first day at the shop but today, I make as much as 5k per day, the least I can make a day is 2k (very bad day that is), on Sundays, I am the only agent that opens so I make up to 7-8k. I now pay 15k weekly and yet I feed and transport from my business o, all those 2k calls from home is sorted out from my business
I know people who make more than that, but I am grateful for mine. If you are like me and you feel discouraged to start, pls start, just get good location and God will assist you.
Good luck!!!

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Solar Portable Generators / Is It Possible To Purchase A Vehicle Online From Dubai? / @ BAZ001...2007 Camry Challenge.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.