Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,987 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Eid-al-fitr: C/river Catholic Bishop Of Ogoja Commemorates With Muslims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-al-fitr: C/river Catholic Bishop Of Ogoja Commemorates With Muslims (186 Views)

Bishop Of Orlu Visits Families Of The 14 Massacred Youths In Imo By Ebubeagu / In C/river, Buhari, Atiku To Share Votes / Stella E. Nkoro PDP Declared Winner Of The Ikom II State Constitiency, C. River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eid-al-fitr: C/river Catholic Bishop Of Ogoja Commemorates With Muslims by Ayade001(m): 2:30am On May 18, 2021
The Catholic Bishop of Ogoja Diocese, Bishop Donatus Akpan, over the weekend met with the Muslim community to celebrate Eid-el-Fitr with them, saying both Islam and Christianity are one religion before God.

The Bishop who was received by the Special Adviser to Governor Ben Ayade on Muslim Affairs, Alh Tanimu Hassan, and the chief of Imam of Ogoja, haps on peaceful country-existence among the believers of the two faith.

According to the Bishop, Muslims and Christians are serving the same God, even as he charged leaders of faith to always embrace peaceful co-existence as all humans are creation God.

The priest pledged to maintain a closed cordial relationship with the Muslims, explaining that the 2021 Eid-el-Fitr Celebration coincided with the centenary celebration of the catholic diocese of Ogoja.

On their part, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Muslim Affairs, Alhaji Tanimu Hassan, and the Chief Imam of Ogoja, Mallam Adamu Danjuma commended the Bishop for his love for the Muslim faith in Ogoja and another part of Northern Cross River.

They said his visit will go a long way to cement the existing relationship the Ummah have enjoined from the Christians in the area.

"We will do everything in making sure that we protect peace in Cross River as the most secure state in Nigeria.

"This is because we don't have any other home than this State, some of us were. born here and we grew up here, it is natural that we protect our home, and Cross River State is our home.

"Governor Ben Ayade has even made this clear to us due to the numerous appointment he gave to the Muslims in Cross River State in his government.

The highpoint of the visits was the distribution of gift items to the Muslim neighborhood by the Catholic Bishop of Ogoja Diocese, Donatus Akpan.

Re: Eid-al-fitr: C/river Catholic Bishop Of Ogoja Commemorates With Muslims by makemoneywbsite: 4:53am On May 18, 2021
Satanic Bishop. The Christian God is NOT the same with the god of Islam.
Re: Eid-al-fitr: C/river Catholic Bishop Of Ogoja Commemorates With Muslims by makemoneywbsite: 4:55am On May 18, 2021
Satanic Bishop. The Christian God is NOT the same with the god of Islam. My God has a Son, His name is Jesus. He died for my sins, giving me hope of live everlasting. He reveals Himself to me in three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The god of the Muslims definitely definitely isn't mine.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Confusion In Akwa Ibom State PDP,APC / Yomi Fabiyi Writes An Open Letter To Gov. Sanwo-olu Over Baba Ijesha Release. / Governor Uzodinma Commiserates With Families Of Lost One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.