Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Upcoming Wedding Palava - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Upcoming Wedding Palava (36555 Views)

Please Why Am I Having Nightmares About My Upcoming Wedding? / Wedding Palava With Ladies / Lady Cancels Her Upcoming Wedding After Her Fiance Beat Her Like A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upcoming Wedding Palava by Annoms: 12:23pm On May 18, 2021
I'll try to make this short.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Pls advice accordingly. Thanks

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by duduade: 12:36pm On May 18, 2021
Red flags

Are you sure this one will hear word in the house like this... Marriage isnt about the wedding abeg.. And i suppose till now she hasnt called you to "lets sort this out" ... No communication... This one will bully you till you fall for her demands... Is this a wife material...

She wants a dream wedding and isnt ready to contribute to it financially

The 500 to 600k is money that can be saved and diverted to something else better. Her priorities are different from yours... Obviously not well matured...

I were in your shoes... I will put ALL PLANS on hold until both parties come to the middle..

In short walk away why you can... Cancelling an engagement wont kill you...

422 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 18, 2021
Did She pay the bride price with her own money?

Either way it turns out, one of you will be angry on the wedding day. grin

242 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Annoms: 12:45pm On May 18, 2021
duduade:
Red flags

Are you sure this one will hear word in the house like this... Marriage isnt about the wedding abeg.. And i suppose till now she hasnt called you to "lets sort this out" ... No communication... This one will bully you till you fall for her demands... Is this a wife material...

She wants a dream wedding and isnt ready to contribute to it financially

The 500 to 600k is money that can be saved and diverted to something else better. Her priorities are different from yours... Obviously not well matured...

I were in your shoes... I will put ALL PLANS on hold until both parties come to the middle..

In short walk away why you can... Cancelling an engagement wont kill you...

grin

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Annoms: 12:46pm On May 18, 2021
Carchoice:
Did She pay the bride price with her own money?

Either way it turns out, one of you will be angry on the wedding day. grin
grin

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by annro101(m): 12:47pm On May 18, 2021
How much will she bring for the wedding anniversary. Let's start from here kiss

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by joceey(m): 12:49pm On May 18, 2021
My brother,listen to your mum advice and pls dont mind that your fiancee ,you are the person paying all the bills for the wedding both trad and white.Na you know how your pocket be.If after the wedding no money again na your mum ,you go still run meet while she go sit down dey look and dey talk say she be corper be wise my brother.

199 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Annoms: 12:49pm On May 18, 2021
annro101:
How much will she bring for the wedding anniversary. Let's start from here kiss
embarassed

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Annoms: 12:50pm On May 18, 2021
joceey:
My brother,listen to your mum advice and pls dont mind that your fiancee ,you are the person paying all the bills for the wedding both trad and white.Na you know how your pocket be.If after the wedding no money again na your mum ,you go still run meet while she go sit down dey look and dey talk say she be corper be wise my brother.
Thank you brother. Much appreciated

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Annoms: 12:54pm On May 18, 2021
Lalasticlala, rocktation, farano
Biko help move this thread to the glorious land for more input. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by realman42: 1:22pm On May 18, 2021
All these naija weddings sef.My wedding won't have more than 100 pipul.Beautiful location,beautiful gown, nice suit, and nice pictures dats all.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Chris2863(m): 1:34pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I was thinking I was the one that's not considerate when she was screaming on the phone yesterday. This harsh times, one needs to spend money judiciously. Imagine spending 3-4m over 2 sets wedding when I can do all in one day for 2m sef..

Thanks brother
2 million for wedding. Ha, you get money oo

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Lilpen3758: 1:34pm On May 18, 2021
Women and what will people say na 5&6

38 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by michigang: 1:55pm On May 18, 2021
This is what happens when you court a wedding material who see wedding ceremonies as big deals or avenues to show off irrespective of her partner's financial capability

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by 900warriorz: 2:13pm On May 18, 2021
wink
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by BruncleZuma: 2:14pm On May 18, 2021
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/35094ffd0223e145af0b235a8e0b9157/tenor.gif?itemid=15415824[/img]

And you think your solution lies in Nairaland?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Jirehz(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2021
grin

My cousin had exactly same issues with his now wife 2 years ago
Girl wey no dey bring any kind of financial support to the wedding oo

My bro just called her 2 days after the argument and told her to put the phone on loudspeaker and give her mom the phone.

“Mama I’ll be coming with with my elder brother to apologize for all inconsistencies. I no longer want to proceed with the wedding. I no get money!”

Nah there area scatter
Nah she come dey beg las las
She turn to Yes sir Yes sir girl till wedding and trad finish grin

437 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Biglittlelois(f): 2:14pm On May 18, 2021
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying bla bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.

340 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by DropsMic(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2021

A real man doesn't discuss his relationship problems on a public forum

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by wunmi590(m): 2:14pm On May 18, 2021

My brother, please cut your coat according to your size...

If she wants to do the wedding different days, let her foot the Bill's for either of the two you want to do and move on...

The truth of the matter is that, after wedding is the koko, most especially if you don't have a supporting wife....

When I lost my job for like 3month, my wife was the one footing food bills while I take care of the responsibility of light, generator and other small things at home.....

So my brother first make sure that the woman you want to marry would be able to assist you when things go south.... Don't let her pressure you to spend beyond your budget and then result to hunger after wedding or be paying debts after wedding...

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 18, 2021
Cancel the wedding

20 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by EMXTAN1(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
G
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by AgreatMan: 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
It's ok. You pay for church wedding n she foot d bill for traditional. Case closed. NEXT

9 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by babadee1(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

My brother you never see wife o. Run for your life! Any woman who is more concerned about what her wedding will look like, than what her actual marriage will be like is not yet ready to be a wife.

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by FalseProphet1(m): 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
If you go ahead with the marriage, I see you coming back to Nairaland to complain to us how your lazy wife who doesn't contribute a dime towards the upkeep of the family doesn't appreciate the little financial efforts you're making, I see you being very frustrated in the first six months of your marriage. This I have seen.

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Skillsnigeria: 2:15pm On May 18, 2021
So you are still seeking the advice of a liability on how to run your marriage/family. The Lord will deliver you

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Davefed(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

The Piper determine the tune

5 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by fatymore(f): 2:16pm On May 18, 2021
Use that 500k/600k do cryp.to you go dey happy.

During the planning of my wedding,

We both discussed everything before telling anyone.

I contributed but he did the most. Where we have clashes I let his own prevail.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by kekakuz(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2021
Correct guy

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Successmind(m): 2:16pm On May 18, 2021
You are seeing the future gradually......may God bless the union.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Shares Her Experience With Dating An Older Man / See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / Married Woman Wants Me To Bear Her First Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.