Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Upcoming Wedding Palava - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Upcoming Wedding Palava (36554 Views)

Please Why Am I Having Nightmares About My Upcoming Wedding? / Wedding Palava With Ladies / Lady Cancels Her Upcoming Wedding After Her Fiance Beat Her Like A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Blackdisciple(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:
If you go ahead with the marriage, I see you coming back to Nairaland to complain to us how your lazy wife who doesn't contribute a dime towards the upkeep of the family doesn't appreciate the little financial efforts you're making, I see you being very frustrated in the first six months of your marriage. This I have seen.

Hmmmm....
After spending all the 3-4m and she starts doing the women thing abi Ogun wan strike her!!!
We go talk the matter .... God forbid

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by GroundedUp(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2021
My Brother, I love you as a guy man. I no want make you fail. See ehn, the pressure will go away and the reality will stare at you in the face. Don't ever succumb to irrelevances for wedding, especially in this times that we are.

The Lord be with you.

Annoms:
I'll try to make this short.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Pls advice accordingly. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by MPESA(m): 2:34pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I was thinking I was the one that's not considerate when she was screaming on the phone yesterday. This harsh times, one needs to spend money judiciously. Imagine spending 3-4m over 2 sets wedding when I can do all in one day for 2m sef..

Thanks brother

But South East don't do their traditional marriage outside their hometown.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nathan2016: 2:35pm On May 18, 2021
Sanjemiga:
I will tell you what nobody is willing to say.....

Run oooooooooo

Run �‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️ ooooo

FINALLY SOMEONE IS SAYING WHAT ALL REAL G are thinking.

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 18, 2021
Kokaine:

You are the man. Always make it look like you're doing her a favour by marrying her even if you don't say it expressly. Let it be clear that you are aware that many women will give their fairy tooth to marry you in this period where marriages are hard. She should be grateful you are picking her from the millions of available women who will do all your biddings to be your wife.
Lord have mercy on your wife.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by baralatie(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2021
DAramis:

OP is trying to cut cost. The suggestion might be comfortable to her wife to be than the issue of doing both in the city.

Every woman would like her traditional wedding to be done in her father's house or extended family compound. It shows were she is coming from, and put a stamp on her non-avaliability.

Summary of the whole statement of mine is that, both should come to a compromise before the event proper. It would be bad if their union is started on a bad note with hatred and acrimony of wedding issue.
Already the union has scattered because op fiancee is already fighting him because of what the mom said.what her mother in law said.
Ha!
They won't last
Do you know the op said the wedding is coating him #4 million
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Ipisi(m): 2:36pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying black bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.

You might be right.... The guy is not man enough... How can a man seek advice from his mother ontop wedding arrangements ooo

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Shokoloko(f): 2:36pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

If you are my son, I will ask you to think twice about marrying her in her current state.
Not because she is a bad person. I dont think she is bad but she has not really earned money and does not understand its value.

You cannot assist financially but are ready to swallow all that is available.

Son, if she wants to go to the southeast, (I think she deserves some form of ceremony in her grandfather's compound) go and do the rites.
No parties, no nothing, It should not cost more than N100k to feed extended family only. Then you can do only the white wedding in the south-west.

Until your future wife finds a job and learns how money is made, you are in for it. May God give you strength.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Catechizm: 2:37pm On May 18, 2021
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by 9jaRealist: 2:37pm On May 18, 2021
domaya21:
Uncle leave her to do the white wedding in town alone

You sound like someone whose husband/man walks all over her...smh embarassed

It’s HER life, HER wedding and HER marriage too (not just HIS)...
Two people in a relationship should be able to MUTUALLY compromise
>
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Snowkel(m): 2:38pm On May 18, 2021
U wanna spend 2m for a day wedding just to impress pple, onah dey try sha

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by SweetCuntess: 2:38pm On May 18, 2021
9jaRealist:

What would Nairaland be without CRUDE MISOGYNISTS....smh
>
A realist who ain't Real. Such unreasonable materialistic ladies will easily b swayed by seemingly young rich dude in camp sha unless she got good moral compass
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Teaveapoet(f): 2:38pm On May 18, 2021
I don't think the issue is about money. I feel you didn't carry her along before informing your mom.
Women love to plan their wedding for memories, so I feel you should not say" my mom's opinion is good but sit her down and ask for her own opinion. Let her do the maths. Ask for her contribution towards the wedding and you will be surprised, she has money for the wedding.

Another point is always carry your wife along in every planning process. Is very important.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nweike1: 2:38pm On May 18, 2021
duduade:
Red flags

Are you sure this one will hear word in the house like this... Marriage isnt about the wedding abeg.. And i suppose till now she hasnt called you to "lets sort this out" ... No communication... This one will bully you till you fall for her demands... Is this a wife material...

She wants a dream wedding and isnt ready to contribute to it financially

The 500 to 600k is money that can be saved and diverted to something else better. Her priorities are different from yours... Obviously not well matured...

I were in your shoes... I will put ALL PLANS on hold until both parties come to the middle..

In short walk away why you can... Cancelling an engagement wont kill you...

Sound advice. I'm saying this from experience

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by sunbreaker: 2:39pm On May 18, 2021
Vicas2000:
Dude. Stop telling her what your mum said. Next time....never mention your mum.

Also...whatever you do...do not agree to a two day wedding in two different places. If she wants it...then she can pay for it herself.

If she can't pay. Then she must do whatever she wants to do within the 2m budget you have.

If you allow it to happen Ehn....you go hear am. She will see you as a easy ride and will want her way all the time.

Stick to your guns if she bring this issue up again and simply say you are suspending all wedding plans. Let her know there are many people who did wedding with less than 1 million and they didn't die.if she wants it.. She must contribute to it.

Take this from someone who has been married for a decade!
Bro,base on your first sentence above, if the wife to be can't respect the opinion of her in-law while outside,she will never value the family of her husband when she enter the family

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by baralatie(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2021
Ipisi:

You might be right.... The guy is not man enough... How can a man seek advice from his mother ontop wedding arrangements ooo
If his mother does not have input in her son's wedding should the mother of the fiancee who is going to get married have an input

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Gr8Nez(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Firstly she is not contributing anything and you even said you might likely buy her the gown and makeup things, oga re you all right? You know how much b dollar now ? Any man marrying a woman who can’t contribute at least 15 to 20 % monthly is a semi idiot tbh becos marriage na give and take now she is interested in what those her former olosho friends are thinking than what next after the marriage yet you are considering now she has seen ur mother in a bad sight as some one who want to jeopardize her fairytale marriage before u see she has began to disrespect ur mother wen u start taking ur mother side she will then in turn turn ur children against you, oga marry someone who will support you from the engagement party down to ur last days now you have engaged her with ur money now the whole load of both marriage is on ur head, anything whey go make me do both marriage with my full cash the whole process would be on my own terms and conditions if not bring ur share period a broken engagement is better than a broken home. Life hard for Nigeria me if I do traditional marriage today 3 months time or more I do white finish

6 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by baralatie(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2021
sunbreaker:
Bro,base on your first sentence above, if the wife to be can't respect the opinion of her in-law while outside,she will never value the family of her husband when she enter the family
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Niom(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2021
Do ladies still plan for exorbitant marriage these days? With that is happening in this country?

Bros u don't have a wife yet. These are the kind of ladies that will frustrate the hell out of you whenever you don't provide whatever she needs. She will have money, but wouldn't contribute any penny in sustaining the family. Rather, she will hide it.

5 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by manny4u(m): 2:40pm On May 18, 2021
Red flags.

The earlier you tame her the better for you. I don't know why most guys settle for idle girls for marriage though.

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by SweetCuntess: 2:40pm On May 18, 2021
9jaRealist:

>
But now is a time to manage and be reasonable! No one will fhcking give you any useless mark for d most expensive wedding

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nitah1: 2:41pm On May 18, 2021
All this fairly used university graduates sef.....

Did my court marriage where i resides...

Travel to wife place which is as a bad, traditional wedding was done on Friday we did church wedding on Saturday while reception took place in the same church, the following day was thanksgiving.

The way i see things the lady in question only love op for what he have and not because of who he is...

Majority of Eastern girls don't marry for love but money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Origin(f): 2:41pm On May 18, 2021
Men will eventually cause the 3rd world war.

What is there in saying i dont have funds and would prefer to have the wedding and trad on same day.

Why must you include your advisor's name. That is why some of us refuse to advise you. And it is all for abosi.

Calling your mother's name or any other person's name can trigger that reaction as she feels it is a couple's affair.

Take ownership of the decisions you need to take and lay your cards clearly to your fiancee and see her reaction.

My mother said even makes you sound like a mummy's boy.

5 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Idaytesj29(m): 2:41pm On May 18, 2021
Chris2863:

2 million for wedding. Ha, you get money oo

I dey tell you.

I just pity him.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Lovelyn451(f): 2:41pm On May 18, 2021
That's how they do it these days in the east, better follow your mama advice, any wise wedding sponsor will suggest thesame thing to you, besides its not in her place to say where the wedding holds

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Lilpen3758: 2:43pm On May 18, 2021
Jirehz:
grin

My cousin had exactly same issues with his now wife 2 years ago
Girl wey no dey bring any kind of financial support to the wedding oo

My bro just called her 2 days after the argument and told her to put the phone on loudspeaker and give her mom the phone.

“Mama I’ll be coming with with my elder brother to apologize for all inconsistencies. I no longer want to proceed with the wedding. I no get money!”

Nah there area scatter
Nah she come dey beg las las
She turn to Yes sir Yes sir girl till wedding and trad finish grin

simple....

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by jeffrey04(m): 2:43pm On May 18, 2021
Ok let me comment here.
I am also planning my wedding September and my fiancée like yours is also a Corper in waiting.

I had initially opted for a 2 million naira wedding but when I ran it by her she said nooooooooo we should play with like 1 million and that the money is too much.
We can just do it very small and get it over with.
Her comments.

So my brother if she isn’t contributing a dime and she wants a lavish wedding, just know she ain’t the one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by baralatie(m): 2:44pm On May 18, 2021
9jaRealist:

>
Good!
Since it is her wedding!
She can contribute #2 million out of the #4 million of the wedding cost that op is claiming

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by chianos: 2:44pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying black bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.

Well said sis. Guy you should have handled it diplomatically by keeping your mum out of it. Women are wired differently. Just go ahead and do the damage control if you really love her and want to spend the rest of your live with her. Marriage is a different ball game altogether. Decisions like this should not be one sided, consider ur partner before concluding.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by sunbreaker: 2:44pm On May 18, 2021
Kingsbridge:
The problem really isn't just about what she wants, but because she felt you consulted your mum before her..
Even if you explain from now till tomorrow she will still fell you decision was influenced by your mom without being reasonable to the fact and reasons behind your decision..
Bad women always see themselves as a competitor to their mother inlaw.
Your said to be wife will prove that in no time and will always disagree with your mom.
It takes wisdom to handle issues like this..
This is a red flag, trade carefully because your mom is about to have a competitor as a daughter in law...
consulting of mum is not a bad idea. Can you do your wedding alone? Even,if your family poor as 'church rat'. As you can see that the suggestion brought out by the mum is the best,instead of young man to develop 'blood pressure' and cause calamity to the whole family

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by 8stargeneral: 2:45pm On May 18, 2021
Jirehz:
grin

My cousin had exactly same issues with his now wife 2 years ago
Girl wey no dey bring any kind of financial support to the wedding oo

My bro just called her 2 days after the argument and told her to put the phone on loudspeaker and give her mom the phone.

“Mama I’ll be coming with with my elder brother to apologize for all inconsistencies. I no longer want to proceed with the wedding. I no get money!”

Nah there area scatter
Nah she come dey beg las las
She turn to Yes sir Yes sir girl till wedding and trad finish grin

lol..ur cousin na bad oo,he was like I no fit die because of ordinary wedding,abeg dey ur dey make I dey my dey,D girl see danger wey dey come come dey beg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Woman Shares Her Experience With Dating An Older Man / See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / Married Woman Wants Me To Bear Her First Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.