Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,305 members, 7,900,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe (1309 Views)

The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / ChannelsTV Visits Liberated Boko-Haram's Camp In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by blacksta(m): 12:04pm On Apr 28, 2011
“Stolen water is sweet, food eaten in secret is delicious. But little do they know that the dead are there, that her guests are in the depths of the grave”

-Proverbs 9:17-18

If histories, experiences, events, and tragedies of the past eight years are anything to go by one can conclude without fear of contradiction that the so-called mainstream politics in Nigeria is a monumental fraud. I make bold to say this because of what I saw in the South West in the past eight years excluding Lagos. Please recall that former President Obasanjo became the president of Nigeria in 1999 without votes from his home in the South West. He failed in his ward, he failed in his local government, he failed in his State, and he failed in the whole of South West. It became an embarrassment to him for four years (from 1999 to 2003) as he presided over Nigeria without home support. Hours on end he was reminded by his rivals and political enemies that they stood behind him even when his own people threw him away without regret, without looking back.

Obasanjo suffered humiliation for four years and in 2003 he decided to seek forgiveness from his kinsmen to save his badly battered political image. He met with Yoruba leaders led by the late Chief Abraham Adesanya and the South West governors led by our own Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He pleaded and pleaded to his kinsmen to forgive him for betraying them during the June 12 crisis between 1993 and 1998. Please do not forget that it was Obasanjo that said Chief Abiola who won June 12 1993 presidential election is not the messiah Nigeria needs then. Enemies of Nigeria, and enemies of democracy took advantage of this to deny Chief Abiola his mandate. The rest is now history but remember that Chief Abiola never lived to tell the story including his wife, Kudirat and many other prominent Nigerians. Perhaps, if Obasanjo had stood with Abiola as a general in the Army and former head of State, the story would have been different today. He did not. He handed over weapons of mass destruction to the enemies of his people and Nigeria to do a colossal damage to the things that held us together as a nation and things fell apart.

Obasanjo held several meetings with his kinsmen where a long list of what he must do to move Nigeria forward was handed to him. Each matter that was raised ranging from restructuring of Nigeria, fiscal federalism to resource control, Obasanjo agreed to implement it to the letter. Soon a deal was sealed to provide home support for him for his re-election in 2003 and in return he will assist in the maintenance of the status quo in the South West with Alliance for Democracy (AD) retaining her six States: Ogun, Lagos, Osun, Ekitti, Ondo, and Oyo.

Once the traitor was ‘elected’ in 2003, he kicked the memorandum of understanding (MOU) to the Atlantic Ocean, and went to steal Osun, Ekitti, Ondo, Oyo and Ogun States for PDP. Only Lagos led by Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu survived the onslaught. Before the betrayal, the criminals made sure Chief Bola Ige was physical removed from the face of the earth. The criminals knew that it would have been impossible to carry out their diabolic plans with Bola Ige alive. Again the rest is now history. But remember that Chief Abraham Adesanya never recovered from Obasanjo treachery. He died, heart-broken.

In Ogun State, a good man Chief Osoba was removed by Obasanjo and in his place a Gbenga Daniel came in.  In Oyo State, a hero of democracy Chief Lam Adesina was removed and Ladoja and Akala Alao took over.  In Osun State, one of the finest gentlemen in Nigeria Chief Bisi Akande was forced out and a traitor and killer, Oyinlola replaced him.  In Ekiti, a gentleman Niyi Adebayo was forced out and a Fayose was brought in.  In Ondo, another hero of democracy the late Chief Adefarati was thrown out and a traitor Agagu was brought in to replace him.  Now look at the South West, today excluding Lagos and see what has happened in nearly eight years.  They became war zones, killing fields; development was grossly not-so-smart, security breached, law and order thrown to the wind.  In fact Thomas Hobbes State of Nature, where life is nasty, brutish and short set in until Ondo, Ekiti and Osun were liberated recently.

Yesterday Oyo and Ogun States joined Lagos, Ondo, Ekiti and Osun to sing songs of victory when the remaining vestiges of the inept, rudderless and corrupt leadership PDP is known for were finally dislodged and swept away by the forces of change and history.

What happened in the South West yesterday was to conclude the business of getting the usurpers, pretenders, scavengers and messengers of death off the shoulders of the people.  It was the day South West was liberated from the fraudulent politics called mainstream politics in Nigeria.  It was a day the progressives of the South West got back their stolen goods.  It was a day a political statement was made loud and clear that mainstreams politics in Nigeria a misnomer, an aberration and unproductive.

An adage in Igboland says anybody who collects something from a child and raise it up will eventually bring it down when he or she begins to feel the pains in his or her hand.  Stolen goods kept for almost 8 years by the PDP have been peacefully taken away from their heavy hands through the power of the ballot box in a free and fair election and anybody or party who want to take it back must also do that via the ballot in a free and fair election. This is a remarkable achievement, an unprecedented one for that matter secured, sealed and delivered by committed leaders in South West led by His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. This is a reward for hard work, a reward for tenacity of purpose and reward for committed leadership. It is a payback time for 8 years sleepless nights and wars in the South West to chase the pretenders away from the seat of power.

Kudos should go to His Excellencies, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Babatunde Raji Fashola for providing the platform, support, encouragement, logistics, time, space, energy to accomplish this mission. If they had been men who could not stand the heat, they would have chickened out but not these men. What they believed in they put their hearts, minds, souls, heads, hands, feet and everything into it. They are unique men, exceptional human beings who do not run away in the days of trouble.

I have been praying to God to create more Asiwajus of this world to help us in the North and the East to strengthen our democracy. If we had somebody like Asiwaju in the East APGA would not have been decimated in the East. New leaders would have been created; new ways of doing things would have been put in place.

There was wild jubilations and popping of champagnes all over South West Nigeria yesterday for this landmark achievement and as we celebrate may we never forget men and women who laid down their lives to get us where we are today. May we never forget leaders led by Asiwaju who broke their backs to achieve this feat. May we never forget them. Let us celebrate them. We must also remember that the recovery of stolen goods in the South West is a call to duty.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by blacksta(m): 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2011
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by kodewrita(m): 9:16am On Apr 29, 2011
just to correct some assumptions in your document.

Lam Adesina was not removed by PDP. He was kicked out.

Akande too was kicked out.

One more thing: stop trying to fool us with "hero of democracy". that means nothing if you will still steal our funds when you get there.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by EkoIle1: 9:22am On Apr 29, 2011
kodewrita:

One more thing: stop trying to fool us with "hero of democracy". that means nothing if you will still steal our funds when you get there.

Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by seanet02: 9:27am On Apr 29, 2011
kodewrita:

It is a big lie. Nothing can be farther from the Truth. if PDP actually win the southwest guber polls in 2003 how come the Presidential election of OBJ in 2003 which was held on the same day with the Guber polls was cancelled by the Supreme Court?
History must be ashamed of you!!
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by kodewrita(m): 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
you make comments from the safety of lagos.

I lived in Osun state through out that period and my mother is still a civil servant.

All I could hear from people was the need to get Akande out.

I can reliably inform you that when He now came up with the plan to sack fine arts and yoruba teachers, the teachers associations at the different levels actually started working with PDP against him.

If there was any rigging, it was not just sanctioned but also popularly encouraged. WE ALL WANTED HIM GONE. PDP just capitalised on that.

How come Oyinlola had things so easy if he was that bad? Answer: He did not touch the civil servants, NO MATTER WHAT.

Compared with Akande who sacked close to 7000 people

(I was ashamed when the elderly Bauchi state representative at the JETS competition came to our table and asked who the Osun state people were. He gleefully told us the breaking news that our Governor just sacked 7000 workers in one day.)

And later, my classmates in the university had the effrontery to claim He lost because we were largely illiterates. They ignored an obvious fact: Outside Lagos state, the AD/AC/ACN has been no different from the PDP.

They have been thieves and very very repulsive.

Akande was the first to kick against the minimum wage as if Osun state couldnt afford.

He had the worst labour record of his time: he sacked more workers than even nearby Oyo where Lam & family were busy wrecking havoc (only superseded by the moronic bleaching governor).

He has lost any respect he had in Osun state and he deserved to be kicked out.

Next time you people take us for fools, we will kick you out. That applies to PDP,ACCORD,LP and the rest of you polithiefians.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by hercules07: 3:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
Kodewrita please do not take the word of civil servants as the voice of the people of Osun State, there was no way PDP won osun in a free and fair election, the people voted Akande but Oyinlola and Obasanjo using military might usurped the powers of the people, Lam Adesina was fairly voted out.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by kodewrita(m): 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2011
Please spare me. the voting booth was jsut 4 houses away from me, so we saw it firsthand. we all stood in front of the polling booth and gisted. compare that with what happened when aregbesola was schemed out: Mass violence.

He was kicked out sir. KICKED OUT. kicked out in spite of the fact that his first cousin, Bola Ige (RIP), came back to try and calm us with oratory.

If he was so loved, tell me why his motorcade was stoned in Iree.

If there was any military might, I did not see it.

The only election where we saw the military was the one involving Aregbesola. that was when they were brought in to stop the violence by aggrieved ACN-sympathisers.

hercules07:

Kodewrita please do not take the word of civil servants as the voice of the people of Osun State, there was no way PDP won osun in a free and fair election, the people voted Akande but Oyinlola and Obasanjo using military might usurped the powers of the people, Lam Adesina was fairly voted out.

You would rather not hear it but WE KICKED HIM out.

Besides, why would you tell us not to take the word of civil servants. They felt the pain of his jackboot and he totally underrated them by telling us that "They are less than 1% of the population and they are making noise" as if sacked civil servants dropped from heaven with no dependents.

I dont know whether to call him corrupt but I am certain of his incompetence and sheer arrogance.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by hercules07: 4:31pm On Apr 29, 2011
Kodewrita, do you know Egbe Idi in Ilesha, do you know what went on there, the civil servants were against Akande because he tried to sanitise the place, they do not account for everybody in the state, hope you know that Akande was one of those that kicked against adopting Obasanjo, how could Bola Ige have come to appease you guys in 2003 when he was already dead in 2001? Where did you get the gist that Akande is Bola Ige's cousin, bros abeg get your facts right oooooooo.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by seanet02: 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
kodewrita:

you make comments from the safety of lagos.

I lived in Osun state through out that period and my mother is still a civil servant.

[s]All I could hear from people was the need to get Akande out.
[/s]
I can reliably inform you that when He now came up with the plan to sack fine arts and yoruba teachers, the teachers associations at the different levels actually started working with PDP against him.

If there was any rigging, it was not just sanctioned but also popularly encouraged. WE ALL WANTED HIM GONE. PDP just capitalised on that.

How come Oyinlola had things so easy if he was that bad? Answer: He did not touch the civil servants, NO MATTER WHAT.

[s]Compared with Akande who sacked close to 7000 people
[/s]
(I was ashamed when the elderly Bauchi state representative at the JETS competition came to our table and asked who the Osun state people were. He gleefully told us the breaking news that our Governor just sacked 7000 workers in one day.)

[s]And later, my classmates in the university had the effrontery to claim He lost because we were largely illiterates. They ignored an obvious fact: Outside Lagos state, the AD/AC/ACN has been no different from the PDP.
[/s]
They have been thieves and very very repulsive.

Akande was the first to kick against the minimum wage as if Osun state couldnt afford.

He had the worst labour record of his time: he sacked more workers than even nearby Oyo where Lam & family were busy wrecking havoc (only superseded by the moronic bleaching governor).

He has lost any respect he had in Osun state and he deserved to be kicked out.

Next time you people take us for fools, we will kick you out. That applies to PDP,ACCORD,LP and the rest of you polithiefians.
This are Reckless and Unfounded Allegations coming out of your Sentimental mouth. From the bolded Postsit was easy to deduce that the Grouse you have with Akande was Either your mummy was among those who were constantly changing their Age at the Civil service Registry so as to illegally elongate their service and continue taking salaries even when they have clearly overstayed their time. Your mummy was part of those who spent over 35 years in service while Young Graduates were roaming the streets!!
And about the 7000 staffs sacked, nothing can be farther from the truth.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by mbulela: 4:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
i was enjoying the article until i got to the part about Niyi Adebayo.
SMH.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by hercules07: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
@Seanet

Do not mind the guy, all the guys that were released were paid their entitlements, some of them went to court and Akande told them that when they come back, their entitlements will be waiting for them.
@Mbulela
Niyi Adebayo did not do anything in his state, Lam Adesina too was sleeping, they had the Afenifere weight on them and they were too relaxed, I hope they have all learnt their lessons now and are ready to develop the region.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by seanet02: 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
hercules07:

@Seanet

Do not mind the guy, all the guys that were released were paid their entitlements, some of them went to court and Akande told them that when they come back, their entitlements will be waiting for them.
@Mbulela
Niyi Adebayo did not do anything in his state, Lam Adesina too was sleeping, they had the Afenifere weight on them and they were too relaxed, I hope they have all learnt their lessons now and are ready to develop the region.
It's Like her mumsy was part of those axed!!
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by mbulela: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2011
hercules07:

@Mbulela
my sentiments exactly.
igbokwe is trying to hoodwink us by rewriting history.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by kodewrita(m): 7:49am On Apr 30, 2011
Gentlemen, Your knowledge of both history and english tenses is sorely lacking. I said my mum IS STILL a civil servant. Contrary to popular propaganda by the AD people, He was not sacking people for logical reasons like age, he was sacking for plainly silly reasons like Fine arts/humanities not being important.

@hercules07, I guess u live in ilesha. You realise that town is a small place and its easy to verify everything. Ask any lecturer who was there then, he'll tell you the guy was actually trying to axe fine arts/home economics and so many other courses simply based on personal preference.

As for the so-called silly entitlements, thats dumb. You deprive a man of working age of his steady source of income, pay him a mere pittance and then talk about sanitisation.

One more thing. My JETS competition was  pre-2001 and Bola Ige was definitely alive at the time. You clearly do not know when Akande was there. And yes they are maternal cousins.

@seanet use double strikethrough if you like, the truth is the truth. ACN (in their many colours) cannot fool us.

You are the ones trying to rewrite history.

The way I see it, THE SOUTHWEST IS CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO MARAUDING BANDS OF HOOLIGANS/THIEVES WHO REPLACE EACH OTHER EVERY FOUR YEARS. ACN AND PDP. Neither of them good, with a few angels here and there like raisins in a cow pat.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by hercules07: 8:16am On Apr 30, 2011
Kodewrita

I can see that you had people who were affected by the purge in the civil service at that time, actually Ilesha is not a small place, it is even bigger than Oshogbo, just to correct that impression, meanwhile, you mentioned elections of 2003 and Bola Ige in the same breath(that was why I brought up Ige's death), I am aware of the fact that Akande had issues with Omisore because Omisore thought he should be the one calling the shots, I also know that he purged the civil service, now, I hope you are aware that Osun state was 33rd on the revenue allocation list and had one of the largest civil service, I hope you know that people of Osun state origin formed most of the civil service in the old Oyo state, Osun state also had one of lowest internally generated revenue being a civil service state and this was pre oil boom, he had to do what he did or else the state will go bankrupt, despite that, he still paid people millions and was able to build roads, take care of the health of the people, the man had to do a balancing act and he did it to the best of his ability, what that man did with pittance is far and above what Oyinlola has done in the last eight years.
The civil servants were bitterly against him because he had to bring down the costs of running government, I wished we had someone like him at the Federal level, our civil service is a total disgrace. The same civil servants that were pro PDP then regretted their actions, for some of the teachers that were let go, Akande employed young ones to take over their duties, scrapping a course because it is of no benefit to the state is in order, if he feels that for the development of the state, fine arts and the humanities are not important, then so be it, he pays the piper, he dictates the tune.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by kodewrita(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2011
hercules07:

I can see that you had people who were affected by the purge in the civil service at that time

Nope. family friends maybe but no personal touch. My dad's been an entrepreneur for 21+ years and damn good at it (that kept us fed while Akande starved us by not paying salaries on time).

hercules07:

actually Ilesha is not a small place, it is even bigger than Oshogbo, just to correct that impression

I agree, we Ilesha people dont like being told that Ilesa is small. I like the town and its people sha. They just need to be less myopic and realise their strategic location and significance. But ilesa is small. Dont go criticizing people in taxi cabs, they are all cousins. You could get a punch up the nose in the most unlikely of locations. Besides its one of the few towns where you can decide you wont be following a particular cab driver and its small enough that you will actually see the guy again and still recognise him. try that in Lagos.

hercules07:

scrapping a course because it is of no benefit to the state is in order

No it isnt. The NUC and other educational bodies have that responsibility. some two-bit mis-educated governor cannot wake up and cancel courses. One of the biggest money-spinners in Osun besides agriculture and some small industries is tourism. That cannot be fully exploited without fine art. Besides they are vocational courses and are put in the curriculum to ensure that people can fend for themselves even if they have no jobs. How can someone given the responsibility of ensuring our present/future welfare be so myopic?

hercules07:

he pays the piper, he dictates the tune.

Wrong again. He doesnt pay the piper, WE DO. with our tax money and the work of our hands. Our kids deserve the right education not cost-cutting measures by an accountant-in-office. Agreed that is the knee-jerk reaction of old-era accountants (also derisively nicknamed bean-counters) who live by the balance sheet, only see numbers and cannot look beyond the numbers to face the real issues, but we expect more from a governor.
Re: South West Liberated: Stolen Goods Recovered - Joe Igbokwe by seanet02: 2:13pm On Apr 30, 2011
kodewrita:

@seanet use double strikethrough if you like, the truth is the truth. ACN (in their many colours) cannot fool us.

You are the ones trying to rewrite history.

[s]The way I see it, THE SOUTHWEST IS CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO MARAUDING BANDS OF HOOLIGANS/THIEVES WHO REPLACE EACH OTHER EVERY FOUR YEARS. ACN AND PDP. Neither of them good, with a few angels here and there like raisins in a cow pat.[/s]
How can you said this when we Knew how much Students were paying under each of this Party?
seems you have something odd against this People
Talk of health, Education and Security sector ACN Govs outclassed the Dumbos you are supporting here.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Conference Holds Oct 6 / Housing For All Under Vision 20:2020? By Nasir Ahmad El-rufai / Barrack Obama: The Political Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.