Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

My Current State Of Mind - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Current State Of Mind (36058 Views)

Should I Leave My Current Company / Poor State Of Police Barracks Around Nigeria (Photos) / How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Current State Of Mind by LikeAking: 10:41pm On May 21, 2021
Bluntemperor:

Quite frankly,this guy didn't sound convincing and even in his writing,he seems to have given up!
No bro.Look upward and pull your self together,there is HOPE for tomorrow!
There are openings here in Lagos or other parts of the States:
•Can you even face the pressure of interview drilling the way you sound?
•Can you tell us your grades from the University or Polytechnic,for you seems to be in depression flight Mode right now!
• Quiters don't win and to be a Winner,you don't dream to quit the very race set before you! A good job can knock out all these troubles but hope you one day too would remember where you come from when you climb up!
• Your present friend or Friends can't feed you right and don't curse him for your prdicament as he too is trying to survive,you need to press further for God to make a way and reveal helpers that would not see you as a burden!
• What can you do for yourself now; what have you learnt as a Skill,afterall, you have been hearing 'acquare'a Skill,in addition to your certificate'!
•Open yourself up,so that water of life may flow in.let people know your weakness,it may turn to be a foudation builder for those that wants to help.
Wish you the best!
Go rest!.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Politicapastor1: 10:42pm On May 21, 2021
gtech2sure:
Please also interested in this..
brimdans:
I would have loved to remain anonymous, but what's the point?

My problem is I'm a jobless graduate, who works for a friend. This friend I work for, doesn't even pay, he just gives me stipends after every work I do. It's a laundry work. He owns the shop, so he's in charge of everything in the shop including, collections of money and all. My work is just to work. I do virtually everything in the shop.

My problem is this guy almost all the time collects the money and doesn't even give me my share. The only time I see my share is when the I'm around when the monies are given to him.

I'm hooked because I mostly feed in there house, because the shop is just within the house. I tried to get a good job, but nothing is forth coming. I even tried applying for casual jobs, still no luck.

I'm currently in a dilemma because my parents are tired of me staying in there house, so currently I sleep in the shop, and it's not even conducive, but that's the only option I have.

I tried contacting my relatives in Lagos if I could go and make a living there, but they aren't really interested me coming.

Please I kindly need advise and help, because I'm heading towards depression.

I'm actually 30 years old. With nothing to show for, except "I'm a graduate" tag.

My advice for you will come when you add. This philanthropist on Facebook. His name is political pastor

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 21, 2021
DropsMic:
I know a guy who was once in your shoes.. All his friends were doing the usual yahoo but the dude said NO to it... He was Honest, hardworking and a very hopeful Nigerian.
Last i heard he is now a crack addict and a pain on everybody's behind. I guess depression pushed him to drugs.

There's no moral to this real life story.

Why did you have to apply it in this context?

It's not very helpful

Re: My Current State Of Mind by hoebamaa(m): 10:51pm On May 21, 2021
brimdans:
I would have loved to remain anonymous, but what's the point?

My problem is I'm a jobless graduate, who works for a friend. This friend I work for, doesn't even pay, he just gives me stipends after every work I do. It's a laundry work. He owns the shop, so he's in charge of everything in the shop including, collections of money and all. My work is just to work. I do virtually everything in the shop.

My problem is this guy almost all the time collects the money and doesn't even give me my share. The only time I see my share is when the I'm around when the monies are given to him.

I'm hooked because I mostly feed in there house, because the shop is just within the house. I tried to get a good job, but nothing is forth coming. I even tried applying for casual jobs, still no luck.

I'm currently in a dilemma because my parents are tired of me staying in there house, so currently I sleep in the shop, and it's not even conducive, but that's the only option I have.

I tried contacting my relatives in Lagos if I could go and make a living there, but they aren't really interested me coming.

Please I kindly need advise and help, because I'm heading towards depression.

I'm actually 30 years old. With nothing to show for, except "I'm a graduate" tag.
Our stories are almost the same the things. I'll be 31 this year.
I graduated in 2013, since then I haven't been able to secure a tangible job. I did all kinds of menial jobs. I later learnt photogragphy, I bought a small camera but due the pandemic, i have to sell the camera to survival. Don't stop trying and don't be too hard on yourself . Our Friday might be dark but our Sunday is coming.

4 Likes

Re: My Current State Of Mind by MOVIC6: 10:54pm On May 21, 2021
First of, this is naija so don’t feel bad, second of, find a handwork and finally don’t expect much from people not even your parents

2 Likes

Re: My Current State Of Mind by youngllleo: 10:57pm On May 21, 2021
Reex12:
so after u don pass academy u no fit afford 12k

100k u no go ever see for ya life you dey follow me talk 10mill with ya itelbutton grin

when you make ur first mill then u can quote me

now kindly fvck off and go and hustle no dey find free things wey go still purge u
frm the look of things, u are old enough to run ur own family, but ur bitterness wont ever let u succeed/prosper, how can one be poor nd also a witch/wizard at the same time! Pls look into ur life. I wont make 100k?bruh dont worry! My hustle will surely pay! maybe not making 100k is ur fate in the career uve chosen, even tho u are over 28.
cus i see no sensible financially stable adult acting dis way!
after i don pass academy i cant afford 12k? Dis shows how daft,clueless nd ignorant uve been throughout ur life and exact reason u are stagnant. Direct me to dat academy in nigeria dat will camp u,feed u nd pay you!
stagnant slowpoke!
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Drifter02: 11:00pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
cool

Register a premium dating and hook up site, and with a good picture stolen from Caucasians female social media page you are good to go

Soon you open, horrrnyyy American guys would flocck you especially if your mock ip is set at rich county like Houston texas

Ask for small amount like $20 to $50

Oya you pigs should stop qouting me

1: registering on dating site is not prohibited by any country

2: soliciting for money from Americans isn't a crime

3: Sexting is not a crime

4: getting paid to chat is legal

Las Las with$2000k USD you can open a betting/gaming site, viewing center, Uber cab, lounge a boutique, business Center,or small canteen and start forming entrepreneur

bellow are EFCC act and Criminal code so una pigs should state one section violated because your slave masters Americans got hustled as they hustle ignorant Africans

Fraud is deplorable tongue
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Dre183(m): 11:18pm On May 21, 2021
Bustincole:
Pray to God, He will direct u

Talking from xperience

God na Google map?

Must we involve God in everything even what we're suppose apply common sense.

I tire for Nigerians self

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by grandstar(m): 11:34pm On May 21, 2021
brimdans
You have things to be very grateful for

You are alive! You did not die in your final year! You did not die on your way to camp! You did not die on your way back! Your limbs and all 5 sensory parts are functioning fine!

Rejoice in the lord my friend, rejoice.

Always be grateful about what you have and not on what you don't have. These things you presently have are priceless but we take them for granted.

Now, we are here because of your financial future.

Your 2 biggest problems are the woeful state of the economy and you don't seem to be in a major city where's there's lots of jobs and business opportunity. And a third is, you don't have shishi on you.

About getting a job, perhaps put a brake on that now. I'll advise you to focus on hustling for now. Look at your friend that you're working with. He's a hustler in every sense of the word. What ever brings you money, go for it.

You also need to move to Lagos. I can only speak for Lagos as this is where I've lived practically all my life. Can you live rough for 1 or 2 years? You can rent a shanty somewhere in Lagos. Some charge like 1k a month. It's not forever but to give you a base.

Before coming, make sure you already have a bank account. This is where you'll be putting any money you make.

There are many hustling stuff you can do? Do you know those touts at cloths market like Balogun market can make 30k or more in a single day? Think of those at computer village or electronic touts at Alaba? Your primary job is to take customers to sellers of these materials and they will settle you.

I'm an estate agent and that's something you can go into with small money. First meet estate agents in your area and ask them for their list of properties they have for rent. After collecting the list, buy a blackboard. Write the list of the properties you collected on the board and put your number at the bottom.

When clients come, collect 2k as registration fee. Collect a registration form from one of the agents in your area and simply change the name of the agent on the form to your own. Make lots of photocopies.

With that 2k,promise to show them at least 3 properties. Some will even pay your transport after showing them around. I don't charge for registration but you need to as you're just starting.

There's nothing to teach you. You learn on the job. To upgrade however, you'll need to buy Castles Weekly, use nigeriaproprrtycentre.com and to not only to search for property but to advertise there as well.

Best place to make money in estate is Lekki peninsular as it's the fastest growing local government in the country.

Now, where to place your blackboard? Beg shops or offices where you stay that you need a place to put your blackboard. You should get a place.

Alternatively, simply ask someone who stays around to get you a place. Offer him like 1k if he finds and it's guaranteed you'll get a spot. Even a lady too can find a place for it.

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by KoshCAD: 11:36pm On May 21, 2021
Ambasado4lyf:

This really touched me. I commend your tenacity. Believe me when I say, you will have the moments, when you will conquer better lands. Remain steadfast, keeping seeking opportunities, and ultimately, never cease to seek God's favour.

With Care,

A concerned Friend.
Thanks bro. We shall all make it in Jesus name.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by KoshCAD: 11:43pm On May 21, 2021
aysnoopy:

I love your spirit bro. I'm also 30yrs with nothing to point at as an achievement. I only have the believe everything is gonna be fine.
I'm a Civil Engineering HND graduate and complete my NYSC in the year 2016.
I'm also tired of life but I just keep my head up
My brother, we should not give up. We should keep pushing. See, I had to take this casual job is sale executive because I need money.

Not that I am happy doing it but at least, it gives me sense of belonging. I can feed myself and still give people little token at home.

Last year December I went home, I was angry throughout cos I had nothing. Wanted to get passport but no money on me. So I vow to take any job I see and still keep looking for my Engineering job cos I so much love it.

I can use AutoCAD, Revit and inventor for designing. I design building as well though I am not an architect.

So don't give up, and don't look yourself as failure because some of your friends have done better than you.

God bless us bro.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Newboss(m): 11:59pm On May 21, 2021
neoclassical:
That is why I will never advise a fresh graduate to come to Lagos in search of job when you don't have a decent place to stay with free food. You will end up wasting your years in Lagos with hand-to-mouth work.

Presently, Lagos is living on past glory. It only favours secondary school leavers, who are staying with their parents and can collect 15k job in Alaba International Market, Trade fair complex, Balogun Market, Ladipo Market , Computer Village as Sales girl/boy. The jobs are there for them. But for a graduate, look for something to do on your own, make contacts for Federal Government jobs and pray to God for divine intervention.

As for you OP. As far as you a graduate, it is wrong to think you have nothing to show. Some of your mates are still writing carry overs in school. You can still receive a call for a job that will surpass those that have been working for years. It is called grace.

That last paragraph gives you out as a very shallow naive person.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by darediamond(m): 12:51am On May 22, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Crypto and forex traders will soon enter here with their "invest in..."
Crypto trading is a Job anyone can Solely depend on like I am doing. That people are Failing in one Venture Do Not Mean Others Will Fail There. This applies to your very self bro.

People who loose in Crypto are the ones who refuse to upgrade there trading using Powerful Universal Indicator that would show you when to enter and get out of the market under any given time frame.

If you lack tactical, logical and technical reasoning abilities, Never will you see any positivities in 'impossibilities'.

CrytoTrading Pays.

Re: My Current State Of Mind by West2019(m): 1:17am On May 22, 2021
tommylee:

Hello boss am interested in the driving job Sir I reside in Lagos, badagry area pls contact me on 0..8..1..6..6..0..2..3..1..4..8...(both call and WhatsApp )l I will be so glad if u can save me from my present situation thanks ����
ok
Re: My Current State Of Mind by aysnoopy(m): 4:35am On May 22, 2021
KoshCAD:
My brother, we should not give up. We should keep pushing. See, I had to take this casual job is sale executive because I need money.

Not that I am happy doing it but at least, it gives me sense of belonging. I can feed myself and still give people little token at home.

Last year December I went home, I was angry throughout cos I had nothing. Wanted to get passport but no money on me. So I vow to take any job I see and still keep looking for my Engineering job cos I so much love it.

I can use AutoCAD, Revit and inventor for designing. I design building as well though I am not an architect.

So don't give up, and don't look yourself as failure because some of your friends have done better than you.

God bless us bro.

Thanks a lot bro. Sometimes when I see my mates or some people younger than me that are doing well, I felt my so bad for myself but I just have the believe that everything will be fine soon.
I'm also interested in learning AutoCAD and other Structural design software.
Hope the price to learn those software is not that much?
Re: My Current State Of Mind by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:05am On May 22, 2021
Start Blogging Business Bro And Thank Later
Re: My Current State Of Mind by okoroemeka(m): 5:42am On May 22, 2021
drizslim:
Being Alive is a Blessing
if you go to bed hungry,you will then realize that the night is Indeed very long,it is true it's good to be alive,but to many people here in Nigeria ,death can be a blessing,many people are already dead and living in places not even meant for animals and still they pretend they are human beings, suffering has gone to the next level,been alive in Nigeria supposed to be listed in 1000 ways to die.

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by riczy(m): 6:05am On May 22, 2021
Amuochicha:
i hate men
why, wats ur reason? Hope u don't hate ur father n ur brothers cox they are men!
Re: My Current State Of Mind by Hassanmaye(m): 7:40am On May 22, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Having HND doesn't make one a graduate in the true meaning of a graduate sir. Graduate refers to one one who has completed a first degree from a degree-awarding institution that awards a first degree certificate like B.Sc. HND is a higher diploma certificate holder, not a graduate .
Noted sir, but this thing has scared me o Nawaoo we learn everyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Current State Of Mind by izobemheuwaize: 7:43am On May 22, 2021
Fxwarrior:

Do you have an Android phone? I'll like to mentor you in forex trading. I will equally fund your first account for you when I see your readiness. Cheer up.

Please teach me I want to learn forex trading .I've sent you an email.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by KoshCAD: 7:59am On May 22, 2021
aysnoopy:

Thanks a lot bro. Sometimes when I see my mates or some people younger than me that are doing well, I felt my so bad for myself but I just have the believe that everything will be fine soon.
I'm also interested in learning AutoCAD and other Structural design software.
Hope the price to learn those software is not that much?
Don't use that to downplay yourself brother.

I have friends that have traveled abroad. We do talk, some are in Texas, one in Cardiff, one in Greater Manchester, one in Doublin, one in Canada, even my cousin is in Germany, Dubai. But my brother that can help will rather be buying used cars instead of investing part of what he has to help me travel. I will surely travel no matter what.

I have friends here that are doing well and have married, I have se that we are also in the same shoe, younger ones, I have them too doing well. But I am just someone that will never ask for anything cos I don't want disgrace.

Concerning the AutoCAD training, I didn't use money to learn it, I learnt it on my own. All the software I know, I learn it on my own by watching YouTube.
If you are interested, you must be patient and dedicate time to watch n follow the videos. Get yours system and the software ready, then get videos and be following it. That what I do.

We shall make it.

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by Hassanmaye(m): 8:00am On May 22, 2021
ayorinde217:
Keep pushing and be prayerful, you will have course to give testimony as soon as possible. I was once in your shoe, at 31 my monthly salary was 22k from a teaching job. While doing that I was pushing and attending seminars, at the same time I was developing my programming skills. Later I got a 32k job in Lagos, though it doesn't worth it cos I spend almost all on tfare (surulere - Allen) but I decided to go for it in order to gather some experiences, teaching was not adding any value. The job gave me opportunity to develop myself and within 4 months I secured another 60k job, a web designer position in another company where I also spent 9 months. In a nutshell, I currently earn 160k in another company and day in day out I'm still developing myself in pursuance of getting better pay.

The bottom line of my story is , you should not give up. At 31 I was almost the same shoe of yours, I'd advise that you develop your self and keep pushing. Also be prayerful. God will crown your efforts with success
Good advice thank you sir

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by Hassanmaye(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2021
hansomb:
Why not start your own laundry with all the experience you don gather. Sometimes what you looking for in Sokoto is right there in your shokoto.
Bad boy grin

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by stanliwise(m): 8:17am On May 22, 2021
PervertProphet:

grin grin

But truth na wetin you yarn here.
Unskilled labour and factory job are time wasters, money it won’t give you, time to learn about things, it won’t, it stresses the living day light out of you. It has no visible ranking technique to guarantee you can transfer to another company and be way ahead.

It only has on usefulness and that is to prevent people from stealing.

Even if one is idle and need to do something, it is better one learn a trade or a small skill; no matter how small it is to keep mind busy. Factory job/u skilled labour is no job at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Current State Of Mind by Expresswriter: 8:31am On May 22, 2021
Start your own laundry shop.

But PLEASE, I strongly advise you not to borrow money or ask for money to rent a shop.

You don't need a shop now.

You can do a laundry business from your house without a shop.

If you don't stay alone, look for someone who is VERY understanding whose house you can use for the business.

Use his iron for a start.

Go from house to house and ask people to give you their clothes for laundry.

Remove shame from your body. No send wetin anybody go talk. Our problem as graduates is that we're too big to humble ourselves in making money. This is why you see so many unschooled people building duplex with akara business on the street and we're looking down on them not knowing they can pay us salary 'sef'!

Start small.

Be patient.

The business may be tough when you start.

Don't give up.

Some people may not want to give you clothes to do their laundry because you don't have a shop.

Don't give up.

Be patient. This is the second time I'm saying this.

Also, don't depend on pity-party stories.

Believe in yourself. I sense you don't fully believe in your abilities.

You can be great if you believe so.

Nobody owes you anything in life.

Fight for yourself.

Although nobody owes you anything in life, this doesn't mean that you can't ask people for help.

But when asking for help, do it politely. If they turn you down, don't get angry at them.

Why? Because as I said, no one owes you anything.

Let rejection be your fuel and drive for success.

Take care and bye for now.
Re: My Current State Of Mind by liveyourlife007(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2021
Interesting!!!
same situation I'm passing through. So you are not alone. Graduated 2015 , till now no job, just moving from one menial job to another. But I believe all will be fine IJN

currently teaching in a school but I believe God will make a way where there seems to be no way

1 Like

Re: My Current State Of Mind by highlands: 8:36am On May 22, 2021
KingDash:
you sef.. you want make e cast.
bros abeg mentor me na.am dying ohh.better to die for something than kill myself for nothing

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn / Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / Where And Which Organisation / Company Is Recruiting : Help Someone In Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.