Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta (24382 Views)

Two Die In Edo Over Money Ritual Practice / Two Die In Lagos Pipeline Explosion (Graphic Photos From The Scene) / Rival Lovers Fight Over 16-year-old Salesgirl In Delta, Three Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 8:09pm On May 18, 2021
A gas explosion on Tuesday ruptured the calm at the Conference Hotel on Presidential Boulevard, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, killing a technician and another yet-to-be identified person.

The explosion, which occurred around noon time, left three others with varying degrees of injuries.

The hotel sited opposite the sprawling Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), is owned by former Governor Gbenga Daniel.

The injured are receiving treatment in a hospital.

Reacting, the hotel facility manager, Engr. Tunde Osinubi, confirmed the incident, saying it was greatly regretted.

Osinubu, in a statement, attributed the cause of the explosion at the Conference Hotel to “fake gas cylinder.”

He said: “A routine maintenance of the automatic revolving door at the entrance of hotel reception, which involved the use of oxyacetylene gas to weld the door hinges, was being carried out.

“The Oxyacetylene gas cylinder suddenly exploded, killing the technician and one other person yet to be identified.

“Three other people were injured and were immediately taken to the hospital. They are responding to treatment.

“So far no sabotage is suspected. It is however suspected that the gas cylinder purchased at the open market may be fake and unable to withstand gas pressure.

“The incidence of Gas explosions as a result of fake cylinders being sold has become worrisome and of great concern as similar incidents have been reported in several locations in Abeokuta recently with casualties.

“The management of the hotel sympathizes with the families and friends of the deceased and wishes to warn the general public of the presence of fake gas cylinders in the market.

“This incidence is however greatly regretted.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/two-die-three-injured-as-gas-explosion-rocks-ogun-ex-govs-hotel/

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Moferere: 8:14pm On May 18, 2021
They have sacrificed them. May we never be unfortunate

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Ceenachi: 8:27pm On May 18, 2021
Nigerians are very careless with everything. I have seen people using gas cylinders the wrong ways. The most annoying part is that they see nothing wrong with the dangerous way they handle these cylinders.

I have seen people cooking inside their small bedroom with curtains and clothes scattered everywhere. I have also seen a student who left his pot of soup on a burning gas cylinder to gist with a girl in another street.
Some go to bed as soon as they place their pot on a burning stove. Nna eehh, the list plenty.

I have never heard of any gas explosion in Dubai, yet they use cooking gas over there like you use electricity here.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by DjAduba(m): 8:27pm On May 18, 2021
Too bad RIP...
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
The worst method to leave earth is to be burnt to death. But I hope the victims have insurance in place though.

2 Likes

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by lasthero: 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
It is well
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by pascalbenz: 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
Rip 2 the dead

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Hydronium(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
Oh my
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by allanphash7(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
Gosh
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by solochris(m): 8:28pm On May 18, 2021
And somebody will intentionally manufacture a fake cylinder and push into the market just because of money, not minding the resultant effect afterwards. Some humans are really wicked and without conscience

17 Likes

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by harryboyng(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
Lord have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by PAWG(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
Scary sh!t shocked
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by mrwonlasewonie: 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
Haaa

Inside job.una wan compete with obj buisness,you lie! lipsrsealed
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Tonyspecial(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
God have mercy

2 Likes

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
wahala dey sha....
untimely death may God help us
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Nathaniel111(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
Rest in peace to the dead...

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
I suspect someone

But what do I know

As far it happened in the west
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by specialmati(m): 8:29pm On May 18, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed rip may God console their loved ones
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by talk2hb1(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2021
Tooh
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by funsho75(m): 8:30pm On May 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by adonnaiii: 8:32pm On May 18, 2021
Nigerians are very careless with everything. I have seen people using
gas cylinders the wrong ways. The most annoying part is that they see
nothing wrong with the dangerous way they handle these cylinders.
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by highcadre: 8:33pm On May 18, 2021
Not Again!!
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by poweredcom(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2021
Dats is why I hate gas cylinder I prefer kerosense or electric cooker
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by ecolime(m): 8:35pm On May 18, 2021
Moferere:
They have sacrificed them. May we never be unfortunate
Anu Mpama

1 Like

Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by lexy2014: 8:36pm On May 18, 2021
Nikolaa:
This can be prevented

How can u prevent what has already happened?
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Doggy2(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2021
�� RIP
Re: Two Die, Three Injured As Gas Explosion Rocks Conference Hotel, Abeokuta by Felajack: 8:39pm On May 18, 2021
G

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stanley Tookie Williams (Repentant Co-founder of Gang Crisp) / EFCC Arraigns Two Access Bank Staff For £100,000 Fraud / 21-Year Old Student In EFCC Custody Over N20m Internet Love Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.