Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,819 members, 7,889,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:14 PM

This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner (655 Views)

Moment Neymar Danced Into The CL Final With His Own Speaker, Only To Lose (Video / See Moment Liverpool Were Crowned UEFA CL Champions / UEFA-CL: Real Madrid Advance To Final As Goalkeeper Keylor Navas Saves The Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by Okoyeaniche(m): 10:07am On May 19, 2021
Germany and Chelsea FC striker, Timo Werner has lamented over how he and his teammates have been unlucky this season, but the feeling that they made it to the Champions League final is an encouragement for them.

Werner once again played a key role for Chelsea without scoring in their 2-1 win over Leicester City.

Just four days on from losing to the Foxes in the FA Cup final, Chelsea leapfrogged their opponents into third place at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues retain control of their fate in the race to qualify for the Champions League, a competition in which they will play this season's final against Premier League champions Man City at Lisbon, Portugal on Saturday 29th May 2021.

Before Antonio Rudiger's opener, Werner had two goals disallowed – one for offside, the other for handball and a big penalty appeal waved away.

Although the German international's finishing is a concern, with his chances worth 11.24 expected goals producing shots with a value of just 8.55 expected goals on target (xGOT), there has been an element of misfortune, as the player suggests.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said;

"I think the first half particularly was the picture of the whole season for me up to now.

"I was, every time, close but at the end not really close. I think for me maybe [it was] the unluckiest season I have ever had and will have maybe...READ MORE

1 Share

Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by longetivity(m): 10:09am On May 19, 2021
UCL final wey man city don win grin
Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:10am On May 19, 2021
.it will get unluckiergrin.....signing out
Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by bamvik(m): 10:15am On May 19, 2021
29th on my mind
Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by Pierocash(m): 10:19am On May 19, 2021
Chelsea will shock this anti-Chelsea fellows come may 29th at Lisbon.

Even City are frightened right now,but enemies of the blues are always wishing Chelsea bad right from the draw with Athletico.

Everybody will beat Chelsea,yet the blues kept smashing every opponent up to this time without apology to any fringe team and their supporters.

Villarreal will destroy Penchester United on that day,so I have seen.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by Kingosytex(m): 10:21am On May 19, 2021
I just wish that the god of soccer will reward TT this time around.
The efforts and tactical brilliance of that man have always gone unnoticed. Him losing two consecutive finals won't be well at all.
TT for the win...
Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by paulolee(m): 12:23pm On May 19, 2021
am still asking if this is the same werner dt played in liepzig and is in Germany national team??
tbis gee dropped form so badly dt any counter dt i see only him and the goalkeeper in front, I just lose hope because the guy would surely miss...
the irony of life is dt a better g.Jesus n sterling dt are on better form than him would be on bench but this joker would still start UCL finals..
DTS why I like pep n mourinho style or management because na bench or reserve team Werner go end the season until him pick form..
still waiting to see if he would be called up to german team for euros with this bad form..
Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by SkengRay: 3:31pm On May 19, 2021
Pierocash:
Chelsea will shock this anti-Chelsea fellows come may 29th at Lisbon.

Even City are frightened right now,but enemies of the blues are always wishing Chelsea bad right from the draw with Athletico.

Everybody will beat Chelsea,yet the blues kept smashing every opponent up to this time without apology to any fringe team and their supporters.

Villarreal will destroy Penchester United on that day,so I have seen.
it will be vice-versa
Re: This Is The Unluckiest Season Ever, And I'm Still In The UEFA CL Final! - Werner by ojaysam25(m): 7:29am On May 20, 2021
Werner is still chelsea best player this season with more goals and assits...he also work very hard....hopefully his finishing would improve...

(1) (Reply)

How Many Nigerians Can Do What Aubameyang Did / Ballon D’or 2021: Full Vote Results As Lionel Messi Pips Robert Lewandowski / The Curious Side Of The Premier League: The Nicknames Of The 20 Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.