Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta (20046 Views)

Tecno Pouvoir 4 Becomes First Mediatek Soc Smartphone To Receive Android 11 Beta / Realme U1: World's First Mediatek-helio P70 Smartphone To Launch November 28. / Official List Of Infinix Smartphones To Receive Android 8 Oreo Update And Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by BruncleZuma: 1:34pm On May 19, 2021
grin grin grin grin

No wahala, I go wait make others catch up.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by chinoonew09: 1:36pm On May 19, 2021
. When are they going to release camon 17 thunder and camon 17 Bayelsa.. Abi na another spark..?
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Sunkanmiwise(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2021
Despite numerous antagonist all over, TECNO Mobile is still focus and doing all necessary things to give their numerous loyal customers the best always. This a welcome development.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Sunkanmiwise(m): 1:38pm On May 19, 2021
chinoonew09:
. When are they going to release camon 17 thunder and camon 17 Bayelsa

It's certain TECNO Mobile will keep on producing more and more better phones till infinity.

So always be eager to hear about the best product coming soon.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by ecomalchemist(m): 1:48pm On May 19, 2021
Big ups

Get the Joway Megatron 40,000mah Powerbank Today !!!

Other Capacities available, Check my threads

Call / Whatsapp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Randerl: 1:50pm On May 19, 2021
This is worthy of Short Term excitement.

Lets celebrate Android 12 Beta, the most Advanced Operating System ever.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by 5ine: 2:00pm On May 19, 2021
Sunkanmiwise:

The Camon 17 Pro comes with type C USB port.
The Camon 17 forbids type C
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Alexaonfleek: 2:04pm On May 19, 2021
5ine:
Without type C charger!
what's special about type c charger
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by WinterMinter(m): 2:06pm On May 19, 2021
grin grin grin
You just murdered Tecno
me that's a fact
Proffdada:
grin
No matter how hard you polish copper, it can never be gold.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by WinterMinter(m): 2:10pm On May 19, 2021
No they can't
Stop hoping,if money come switch to xiaomi, Samsung,pocophone and IPhone
masterfactor:
That's a welcome development, I hope they get rid of that laggy, buggy, blurred, dull, ads infected HIOS and stick to stock luncher from google.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by 5ine: 2:12pm On May 19, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
I can slide in my joystick without the girl helping me

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by dcrested(m): 2:16pm On May 19, 2021
Alexaonfleek:

Type C is faster than micro USB when charging your device and sharing files with computers
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by sunshineV(f): 2:18pm On May 19, 2021
does dis mean camon 16 users can now update their device to android 11 abi make dem go buy new phone?

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Alexaonfleek: 2:19pm On May 19, 2021
dcrested:

Type C is faster than micro USB when charging your device and sharing files with computers
Ohh okay thanks smiley

The person I originally quoted didn't even answer my question.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Ezlynn: 2:20pm On May 19, 2021
Wow! Nice feat by TECNO Mobile, their Smartphones not only meet but now exceed Expectations. Meanwhile who has an idea where I can purchase Oraimo freepods in Lagos ?
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Goalnaldo(m): 2:30pm On May 19, 2021
adioolayi:
Since I have been using Redmi Note 8 Pro....I have peace of mind....Yes, I received updates too.
I can't say the same of this my Oukitel C21. Been using it since February no update whatsoever. It's like Oukitel don't support updates undecided
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by masterfactor(m): 2:35pm On May 19, 2021
WinterMinter:
No they can't
Stop hoping,if money come switch to xiaomi, Samsung,pocophone and IPhone
I won't lie, Trassion mobile are trying, but that HIOS is a no go area for me, when I see a tecno, infinix or itel with stock andriod launcher, I might be tempted to buy one.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by NGArmyTerrorist: 2:39pm On May 19, 2021
I know that Tecno is a Chinko phone but they got A1 award among other chinko phones. They are doing very well but still can't be compared with SAM'.... You know what I mean.. I do use tecno, they're good phones too. DON'T

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by chariisGRACE(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2021
Albert0011:
If u like hate tecno phones.
The company is really trying.
Have been enjoying my Pouvoir 3 LB7 I bought since August 2019.Up till now , the phone hasn't given me any issue and am still enjoying it.
The camera is dope and and battery quality is superb.
Still enjoying my GTA San Andreas with my phone.

Any phone can play GTA San Andreas.
I used to play it with my old Gionee F103.

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by iseoluwanimi: 3:14pm On May 19, 2021
fact that you are not seeing a gold because you haven't calm down to feel it? LOL cool
WinterMinter:
grin grin grin
You just murdered Tecno
me that's a fact
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Fanuchi007: 3:16pm On May 19, 2021
So, them de use tecno run testing of new android 12 and una de happy. It's like una no know watin de sub. They will use Tecno to test the vulnerability of android 12? How is that an achievement?? When the official version is rolled out, another android phone maker will get d update b4 tecno. They will be like... Tecno, since we use una do testing, we go reduce cost of getting update from us by 60%�
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by FRANKOSKI(m): 3:19pm On May 19, 2021
TECNO NA REAL HEAVY WEIGHT
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Wetpuxy: 3:27pm On May 19, 2021
Hmmm meanwhile I still dey rock my Camon 12 jejely
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Alfred234(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2021
Tecno isn't the only phone that received this beta update na... Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Google Pixel and other brands also received it so what's so special about it undecided
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Luigi02(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2021
Tecno is nice but nowhere among the best
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by Johel(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2021
Realboygenius:
TECNO Mobile one of Africa's biggest smartphone brand has released the Android 12 Preview Beta build for it lastest device TECNO Camon 17. The device which was launched earlier this month has become the first MediaTek SoC smartphone and one of first 8 devices to receive the Android 12 Preview Beta update.

TECNO Mobile also took part in the Android 11 beta testing in 2020. Back then, they rolled out a pre-release build of Android 11 for the TECNO Spark 4 Powered MediaTek.

This Android 12 developer Preview release is for developers and provides new features needed to improve the compatibility and development of your applications for the new version of Android.

As with previous versions, Android 12 includes behavior changes to help improve performance, battery life, security, and privacy. In some cases, these changes can affect apps until they are updated to support Android 12, so you might see impacts ranging from minor issues to more significant functionality limitations.

The stable version of the Android 12 will also be made available once Google finalized the necessary components.

The update can be installed manually

https://spot.tecno.com/ng/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=145026

This will be a good one.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by ddjay: 3:56pm On May 19, 2021
Well, if i see where transsion phones are today, i remember i was among the people that forced them to get to where they are going now (check my post from 2018), with better than before specs, and international (outside african and asia) penetration, instead of hiding in africa with crappy phones. Mind you, you dare not enter the US and European markets with the crapy nonsense they were making back then. If its small beginnings, xiaomi, oppo, vivo, oneplus etc started in a big way competing behind sony xperia, Samsung and their likes
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by mattmogan88: 3:57pm On May 19, 2021
chariisGRACE:

Any phone can play GTA San Andreas.
I used to play it with my old Gionee F103.

Incase you don't know, this Gionee f103 grin

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by thepoweruser(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2021
Alfred234:
Tecno isn't the only phone that received this beta update na... Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, Google Pixel and other brands also received it so what's so special about it undecided
I think they're trying to say their device is the first Mediatek smartphone to get the beta. Nice one, btw.
sunshineV:
does dis mean camon 16 users can now update their device to android 11 abi make dem go buy new phone?
Tecno, nice one for PR purposes. Great to see you are actually listening to the fans. Please can we get maybe HiOS 8 on Android 12 (stable, not beta) too on December for all Android 10 and 11 devices? Who knows; maybe stating your update policy will go a long way too. Pretty please? undecided
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by cute75(m): 4:00pm On May 19, 2021
The thing that terrifies me about TENCO is their HIOS. I have never seen an app like that. It's has access to your device without your permission. If you like block them .....They will still come up after few minutes. The Malware is strong.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by thepoweruser(m): 4:01pm On May 19, 2021
cute75:
The thing that terrifies me about TENCO is their HIOS. I have never seen an app like that. It's has access to your device without your permission. If you like block them .....They will still come up after few minutes. The Malware is strong.
May I suggest a solution, sir?
Use MalwareByte.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Becomes First Mediatek SOC Smartphone To Receive Android 12 Beta by thepoweruser(m): 4:03pm On May 19, 2021
ddjay:
Well, if i see where transsion phones are today, i remember i was among the people that forced them to get to where they are going now (check my post from 2018), with better than before specs, and international (outside african and asia) penetration, instead of hiding in africa with crappy phones. Mind you, you dare not enter the US and European markets with the crapy nonsense they were making back then. If its small beginnings, xiaomi, oppo, vivo, oneplus etc started in a big way competing behind sony xperia, Samsung and their likes
They (and Infinix) are goin' global, bud. They gotta start from somepin. Maybe they should study the Western markets just as they studied Africa.
Oppo, vivo, Xiaomi et al weren't that cool from the beginning. UX designed mainly for Asian markets, irregular LTE band support, no warranties, no refund policy, service centres etc. But they did listen to the people, nein?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uk-used Phones Can Land You In Jail Outside Nigeria – Tunji Disu / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC / New To Android Bundles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.