Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,996 members, 7,799,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. (15779 Views)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Bad Day: I Fell From Ladder Today While Doing House Painting / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by IJOBA11: 9:24am On May 20, 2021
omolola100:
I saw an advert at mowe about a job vacancy,i decided i was going to apply for the post of hotel receptionist with basic salary 45k and free accomodation, i was so exited when i saw the benefit attached to the job.

So i called the number and i was directed to their office, on getting to the office,the secetary told me the agent fee is 2500, without hesitating i paid the money the following day.

I was given the address and the hotel is situated at festac, i packed few of my things and was set to go and resume work, i had to borrow tfare from my sister on that day.

To my greatest suprise i had spent almost all i have with me before getting the location, i knocked at the gate and i explain to the gateman about my mission, he told me they had employed someone about two month ago.

I felf like crying when i heard they had employed someone else, what comes to my mind is how i will get back to mowe from festac.

I had to beg for transport before i could get to mowe.

Have u ever experience such situation before?
MOWE IS NOT LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Dialpad: 9:24am On May 20, 2021
Bad situation
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Nobody: 9:24am On May 20, 2021
Lols Get unlimited international and local email lists for 20k only.
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by chatinent: 9:26am On May 20, 2021
You even saw sb who gave you.

In mine, I traveled back by foot.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Chris2863(m): 9:26am On May 20, 2021
Op, your thinking faculty is probably faulty
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by ridbell01(m): 9:28am On May 20, 2021
Seems na that hotel work the job agent are using to scam people in Lagos now .
Something like that happened to me in 2019 in Lagos I was given an agent to contact for hotel work. On getting to his office I paid over 4k for and re-editing of cv he even collect some change from me to drink ogogoro before I decided to not pay anything again

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:42am On May 20, 2021
Lol
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Tokskob2008: 9:43am On May 20, 2021
The long and short of this story is that you were scammed, there was never vacancy in that hotel to begin with. The hotel and agent are working together daily to rip people off. Just imagine the agent sending 10 people to that same hotel daily, thats 25k!! Old format though, don't know why someone will still fall for it.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:43am On May 20, 2021
IJOBA11:
MOWE IS NOT LAGOS
But festac is Lagos, he got stranded in festac not mowe... Uncle think now

6 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by kazyhm(m): 9:44am On May 20, 2021
alexpumpin:
I can't forget the day i trekked from ojota to mafoluku after i lost my wallet in 1997. I was so ashamed to beg for money from passersby, not because of superiority complex but because, i was not raised to be a begger. That can never happen again sha, Thanks to technology.

Oh! Boy.....ojota to mafoluku ?

I had attempted it before....was coming back from a journey and the bus broke down about 9pm around ojota......as per Lagos brought up; oshodi no too far now, I exclaimed!.....it was that day i realised i had grossly over estimated my trekking capability. I had to sleep in Maryland.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by macjireh: 9:46am On May 20, 2021
Great day to u my good people on nairaland...Pls I'm not prone to doing this but right now I need ur help....I've not been paid salary for almost 4months now and its not been easy to feed my 2kids...I'm in serious debts right now and my house rent has expired...Pls if u can assist me with anything,, It will be greatly appreciated...Thanks

ACCESS BANK
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by alexpumpin: 9:46am On May 20, 2021
kazyhm:

Oh! Boy.....ojota to mafoluku ?

I had attempted it before....was coming back from a journey and the bus broke down about 9pm around ojota......as per Lagos brought up; oshodi no too far now!.....it was that i realised
I over estimated my treking capability. I had to sleep in Maryland.

It was a bitter experience my brother, i spent the next two weeks bedridden

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Dreadlock69(m): 9:48am On May 20, 2021
Unfortunately i got the job grin

[/quote]

Fortunately bruh you no trek reach house nah

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by RSVP: 9:53am On May 20, 2021
[b][/b]Funny thing is almost everyone who care to listen to your predicament will offer a help no matter how small it is in Lagos...
Lagosian no too dey worry about money or to show direction to your way even though most of them do it in haste.

The only challenge is to get their attention to listen to you Lol.
You can walk side by side with 10 people to get their attention and nah only maybe 2 of them go stop to hear what you got to say cheesy

It always appear dey kept something important somewhere and dey need to get there fast before someone else did cheesy

If you're stranded in Lagos, just go talk to a bus conductor and explain to him. most of them will help you to where you going

3 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Nobody: 9:56am On May 20, 2021
e be things
edo no be lagos

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by abayimi567: 9:57am On May 20, 2021
All this agent na scam,them just dae use we youth dae cash out,i once scam by an agent too 5k and d agent no say the work no dae available esther break through nna try,

3 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by ojaysam25(m): 9:57am On May 20, 2021
Obviously, you were fooled by that agent....

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Nonexisting: 10:03am On May 20, 2021
alexpumpin:
I can't forget the day i trekked from ojota to mafoluku after i lost my wallet in 1997. I was so ashamed to beg for money from passersby, not because of superiority complex but because, i was not raised to be a begger. That can never happen again sha, Thanks to technology.
In 1997, you don dey use wallet? Baba, you be agbalagba ancestor. Tuale

5 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:05am On May 20, 2021
omolola100:
I saw an advert at mowe about a job vacancy,i decided i was going to apply for the post of hotel receptionist with basic salary 45k and free accomodation, i was so exited when i saw the benefit attached to the job.

So i called the number and i was directed to their office, on getting to the office,the secetary told me the agent fee is 2500, without hesitating i paid the money the following day.

I was given the address and the hotel is situated at festac, i packed few of my things and was set to go and resume work, i had to borrow tfare from my sister on that day.

To my greatest suprise i had spent almost all i have with me before getting the location, i knocked at the gate and i explain to the gateman about my mission, he told me they had employed someone about two month ago.

I felf like crying when i heard they had employed someone else, what comes to my mind is how i will get back to mowe from festac.

You be mumu, sorry to say.
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by victorjoe(m): 10:10am On May 20, 2021
Offpoint1:
They've employed someone 2 months ago and that idiot still collected 2.5k from you... I would have gone bad and left him nice bunches in the face for wasting my time and resources.

No disturb yourself you won't do anything!
They will give you another letter to another establishment very far away. They will keep giving you letters till you stop coming.

That 2500 is not refundable. That was their main target in the first place.

Very horrible set of people. Imagine how many people will fall victim and pay 2500 on a daily cos people need work.

5 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Icancode: 10:24am On May 20, 2021
Mine happened in rivers state during my 6months IT.i had exhausted all my cash that day hoping to withdraw from ATM while going home but na God go judge eco bank for me (switch inoperative bla bla bla).Omo I literally begged almost everyone on that ATM Queue that day for #100 including the bank security guys, but they were all given different excuses.I sha made up my mind to trek from rumola to rumokoro first which was like half of the journey . a lady later helped me out while I was asking her for the quickest way to reach rumokoro from where I was with leggediz Benz.....Till date I always tend to help stranded people on the way just that na scammers plenty pass.

6 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by femi4: 10:26am On May 20, 2021
omolola100:

No, I always go out with more than enough cos when rush hour comes, Agege to Ikeja that use to be N200 can fly to N800

5 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:31am On May 20, 2021
You are supposed to suspect that the job vacancy is fake when you're ask to pay agency fee.

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Magnanimous101(m): 10:35am On May 20, 2021
Unfortunately you got the job...
That's sounds like there's another episode to the story
Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by carter009(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2021
i swear.
Seyi8750:
Thank God you are not kidnapped non killed for ritual. You need thanksgiving bro.
Looking for job in Nigeria is like searching for 100 ways to die
Nigeria is not a joke anyone.

1 Like

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by Billyddude: 11:07am On May 20, 2021
omolola100:

Lol I Don strand for umuahia, ,was going to aba after several begging na one bro rescue me,, God bless him any where him dey

2 Likes

Re: The Day I Got Stranded At Lagos. by alexpumpin: 11:17am On May 20, 2021
Nonexisting:
In 1997, you don dey use wallet? Baba, you be agbalagba ancestor. Tuale

If you don't have wallet den, where you wan keep ur NITEL unit card. Na normal cruise bro

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Just Got A Job Through Nairaland / Ikeja Electric Invite For Energy Sales Representative / Rectem Interviewees, What Is The Outcome? Let 's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.