Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal (29047 Views)

Man Proposes, She Said No, Another Lady Takes The Ring From Him (pics/video) / Groom Criticized For Allowing Pregnant Bride To Kneel To Feed Him At Wedding / Soldiers Kneel To Propose To Their Girlfriends On The Road At Flyover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Nobody: 7:02am On May 20, 2021
Recently, a whole lot of marriage proposals and engagements are taking place in our society. With the advent of public proposals, we now get to notice more people promising love and loyalty to their significant other more frequently.

On social media especially, you will find a whole lot of couple videos showcasing this. I don’t know how much attention you usually give to these videos but personally, if I choose to watch one, I give rapt attention to it.

Though quite obvious, you can see that its always the man that does the proposal. As such, he has to go down on his knees while doing this. Some men take a knee while others go down on both knees. This has been the practice over the years. Now, this got me perplex.

The question is, why is it the man that has to be the one to kneel for the woman? Why can’t the woman who loves and admires a man not also produce a ring and do the proposing? Also, is it the man’s place to always kneel? Why can’t the woman also kneel?

There are just so many questions surrounding this. So, you will need to patiently follow me as we consider the reasons why it is only the man that does the kneeling. In response to the recent wave of women advocacy and reversal of gender roles, so men are not of the opinion that women should also assume duties that the initially vetted for as being the man’s job.

Some men posits that for feminism to truly have the required impact, women should take up roles men usually play. Even though this is the case, the age long tradition of the man setting marriage plans in motion cannot be simply erased all of a sudden. Even with the agitations by men especially anti-feminist, some things cannot just change drastically.

Reasons Why Women Cannot Take A Knee

Although most people (men) will still want to debate this, it wouldn’t have been very proper for women to be the one to kneel to accept the ring. You might be wondering why so let us consider some reasons.

1.It Would Show Total Servitude

Most people are already of the view that in marriage, it is the man that has the higher power and leverage. In reference to religious belief of subjugation for women, it didn’t entail slavery or humiliation. Already, the society has given the man the upper hand, so for him to kneel is ideal to show that this is not a conquest but an agreement. If the woman who is already placed on a lower perk goes further to kneel, the implication is rather demeaning. This would mean she has handed over her total self and rights to the man as such become his subject.

2.It Would Take Away Honor And Dignity

A man willing to kneel for a lady is a sign of respect and value for such a lady. It means he finds her valuable enough to want her in his life. This accords prestige and honour to the lady. In our society, it is seen as being awkward a lady being forward with a man. A lady who asks a man out is viewed as being cheap talk less of kneeling to do it.

3.It Would Create Greater Gap And Inequality

Though I am not a feminist in any regard, it is nice to recognize facts for what they are. Our society has created a lot of bias against women. These include that women are lesser beings to men. That women comprise an inferior gender to men and so on. Already the gap is there and is wide too. Things would really worsen if women now had to beg men to marry them. Just try imagining a lady with a ring kneeling before a man. Seems quite weird to me.

4.Proposing Is The Man’s Duty

Right from inception, the practice has been for the man to go in search of a woman. Anyone who finds a valuable has to show how much such a treasure means to him and not the other way round. A great number of religions along with Christianity uphold this practice. So, for the mere fact that he has found what he had been looking for all along, the man needs to demonstrate how important such a lady is to him.

In time past, the kneeling tradition was done when saluting royalties. Invariably, the man on his knees is showing that he has finally met his queen. Since men seem to be placed so higher up than women, it is only wise that when they need a woman, they have to come down to the woman’s level by kneeling, my thoughts though.

Whatever the case, it has already been established that a man kneels for his Lady. The society has accepted it and seen it as being normal. A deviation from this would be a disruption of the pattern. We know that some men still refuse to do this.

Looking at it critically, showing your lady a little honor and respect for once wouldn’t really hurt anybody or prick your ego. So gentlemen, do the needful after all you were the one that was pursuing her up and down.
source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/05/11/4-reasons-why-women-dont-kneel-to-take-the-ring/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by lindareep: 7:04am On May 20, 2021
Invalid

4.Proposing Is The Man’s Duty

Meanwhile, lemme also eye men for Hot stuffs grin grin grin

Check my signature if you're interested

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Nobody: 7:18am On May 20, 2021
Everything you said make sense, just that I do not fully agree with the comments in your number one. What you described as "higher power and upper hand" is nothing more than "responsibility and competence". Him kneeling down to propose is an undertaking to be responsible to her affairs in a competent (true meaning of power) manner, not tyrannical (upper hand).

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by PrinxArthur1(m): 7:27am On May 20, 2021
kneeling to propose to a lady is for the west

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by KNOWMORE56: 7:33am On May 20, 2021
As the fight for gender equality continues, what often come to my mind is that one day they will demand that:
1. The woman should also pay groomprice to his parents

2. The man also should have a womb.

But when humanity go against God setting, it always ends in pains and frustration.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Casham: 7:51am On May 20, 2021
Traditions are created only for those who are willing to observe them. I am no feminist. I am no mysogynist either. I just never liked the idea of anyone kneeling for or to a proposal. Some rules of chivalry are just dumb and outdated. You two must have been in a relationship for some time. You two can sit on a sofa and agree to marry each other. You two can just brush on the topic at one time. No need for making some kind of ceremony or rituals out of it. I agree that we are all equal, but we also need to acknowledge that nature itself gave us different roles. The woman been seen as under the 'protection' of A man is not a cultural creation. It is due to our nature-given roles. Our society now wants to make it look like men have have been subjugating women for selfish reasons..

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Michelle55: 10:18am On May 20, 2021
Any proposal that you can't do inside the house, huncle forget it. Why must you kneel in the first place to propose?
We sabi copy rubbish eh, woos headache dey worry me jare, I no just dey in the mood to talk today cry

PS: kneeling down to propose is not a determinant if the marriage will last or not, just do you and be happy together!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by BruncleZuma: 1:20pm On May 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Seun what's happening this month with Nairaland, have you replaced the old mods or is this a trial run for new interns?

[img]https://media1./images/35094ffd0223e145af0b235a8e0b9157/tenor.gif?itemid=15415824[/img]

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by parzdor(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2021
As a real niggarrrr nothing worry me with kneeling....
My method na if babe come house I tell her babe Ring dey ontop sink for kitchen if u go marry me carry wear if you no go marry leave am there and getout b4 I comeback home ma go drink orijin come

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by fourboys: 1:20pm On May 21, 2021
I no gree read the long nonsense write up sad sad sad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 21, 2021
Seen
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by ArewaNightmare: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
grin grin Rubbish

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Franzinni: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
Propose to a girl that you have given all the sex styles known to man for the countless years you have been sleeping with her if possible throw in a couple of abortions and then go on one knee becasue you saw it in a movie and think it counts for anything

My amazement is usually how the female will pretend like it is a big suprise when their male goes on one knee psst.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021

International email lists available for sale
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by luminouz(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
undecided undecided

Very meeeeh post
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Vlibray: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
Help me !!!
Why I Dey always open useless threads for nairaland
You can hire people to post good contents on here
You don’t have to push every rubbish to the front page

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by wpadmin: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
binarymachine:

1.It Would Show Total Servitude

Most people are already of the view that in marriage, it is the man that has the higher power and leverage. In reference to the religious belief of subjugation for women, it didn’t entail slavery or humiliation. Already, society has given the man the upper hand, so for him to kneel is ideal to show that this is not a conquest but an agreement. If the woman who is already placed on a lower perk goes further to kneel, the implication is rather demeaning. This would mean she has handed over her total self and rights to the man as such become his subject.

Prove the bolded.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Sebastine1994(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
if a man decides to kneel and propose to a woman then he has made her the head of the family. ... Kneeling before a girl in
Igbo tradition means you are handing over the authority to her.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
Hmmm
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by younglleo: 1:21pm On May 21, 2021
someone shud jst help me get me out of this misery, i want to fix my phone since the last money sent was automatically debited by a loan company. I dey camp for ajah, incase u want me to work partime for the money, im in pls.
i need my phone pls
3 1 1 0 6 7 5 7 5
firstbank
leonard
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by setobaba: 1:22pm On May 21, 2021
5. All written above is rubbish

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by nautybride: 1:22pm On May 21, 2021
grin. If my hubby kneel or na fiancee, I go kneel join o. One tribe say; ikunle is not equal to good character.
Anyways, i hate seeing real men kneel. Am I a god?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by luminouz(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2021
roteblomen:
Everything you said make sense, just that I do not fully agree with the comments in your number one. What you described as "higher power and upper hand" is nothing more than "responsibility and competence". Him kneeling down to propose is an undertaking to be responsible to her affairs in a competent (true meaning of power) manner, not tyrannical (upper hand).
You need to be.flogged

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by UDUJ(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Seun what's happening this month with Nairaland, have you replaced the old mods or is this a trial run for new interns?

Lmao cheesy grin cheesy

This is the comment of the year cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by datola: 1:23pm On May 21, 2021
ok
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2021
according to U abi?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Cholls(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2021
roteblomen:

3 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Patrioticbreed9(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2021
and this shit made frontpage angry
Re: 4 Reasons Why Women Don't Kneel To Take The Ring During Proposal by Cholls(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2021
luminouz:

You need to be.flogged
my brother done

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pre-wedding Pictures / DÎCK: Ladies, Choose One of These Díck Bulges. NA GIRLS DEY RUSH US [PICTURES] / Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Covenant Christian Center Church, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.