Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) (54702 Views)

White Woman Rocks Igbo Attire With Her Nigerian Husband (Photos) / Wife Throws Her Nigerian Husband Stuffs Out Of His Own Home (pic/vid) / Wife Calls Husband's Side Chick On The Phone. See What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by jaxxy(m): 2:52pm On May 20, 2021
NwaNimo1:

The property was rented....in his wifes name only.

If he had a joint tenancy she couldn't have made him leave - unless he committed a crime like assault

So the woman can send her kids out also if she so feels like it without any reason and the police can come and effect it because she plays the rent and the kids aren’t legal tenants according to ur analogy. Haha wonderful something.

The property was rent in both their names bt the man’s name was later removed in 2018 for some reason.

That makes no logical sense.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 2:53pm On May 20, 2021
Every woman wanna be at UK grin
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by omonnakoda: 2:55pm On May 20, 2021
GboyegaD:

If your name isn't on the lease, you can be evicted by lease owner. Why do they ask every adult who's going to be on the property to have their names on the lease?
You are right in some ways.
It is not that straightforward if they are married and more complicated if there are little children. Also it is not always a lease. It could be a mortgage.
In either case it is not the role of the police to adjudicate. A court order is required. The court will consider several things.

I have seen arrangement where totally divorce couples live in the same house living separate lives because they cannot afford to sell the property without losing money and they cannot afford to rent separately

The presence of little children tends to favour women in court.
The court may rule that the woman lives in the house till the children are adult and then they sell etc
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by NoToPile: 2:55pm On May 20, 2021
bukatyne:

If you cannot vouch that your wife (since we are talking to men) is 'different' and geninuely loves you, then do your findings properly before bringing her to the West.

Understand the laws and loopholes to your advantage and disadvantage. Understand how you are expected to conduct yourself and study around from other's mistakes on what you should and shouldn't do.

The above is a grim situation and I can't survive in a marriage like that however if the bird has learnt to fly without perching, the hunter has to learn to shoot without aiming.

You see the bolded is where the problem is, lots of Nigerian men still have not learnt how to conduct themselves over there, for some it still business as usual as if you are in naija where anything goes.

1 Like

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by PinkHealthGroup: 2:57pm On May 20, 2021
His name was not on the lease. Husband or not, he was asked to leave. He should have left. UK has no time for marriage semantics. She proved he wasnt on the lease. He had nothing to show but try to wield husband privilege/male privilege. FOH
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by omonnakoda: 2:58pm On May 20, 2021
NoToPile:

You see the bolded is where the problem is, lots of Nigerian men still have not learnt how to conduct themselves over there, for some it still business as usual as if you are in naija where anything goes.
grin

As long as you are not legally married and it is your house it is business as usual.
Benefit of cohabiting in YOUR OWN house
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by younglleo: 3:03pm On May 20, 2021
Olatunji1929:
your own even better na Nokia touch light i dey use to type now
u dont always have to show off ur dumb sarcasm, if u are in lagos, come down to badore at our football camp, lemme explain better, cus people like u dont help but are first to tag someone scam, u didnt even check about the phone to understand it runs opera. U jst bluff shit.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Gamesmart: 3:07pm On May 20, 2021
sissoko22:

What's civilise country again, Mr inferiority complex

Countries that don't have people like you.

1 Like

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by linearity: 3:07pm On May 20, 2021
deniyor:

I read it and I think you should read it also. Matrimonial home rights only apply if you or your spouse solely own the home. That’s not the case here.

According to the link , if youR spouse co-owns it with someone else, you don’t have any rights to it. It gets a lot more complicated.

In the story here, the wife and the husband do not OWN the house. It’s a rental. Listen again.

Home rights are also applicable if the residence is a rented property, the link I sent above only deal with mortgaged properties.

In this scenario, since the property is rented and the lease is in the name of the wife and they are still legally married, the husband have matrimonial home rights to the rented property unless a court order states otherwise.

This is another legal angle if the property is rented.
https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/renting-your-rights-to-your-home-during-divorce-or-dissolution
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by PinkHealthGroup: 3:08pm On May 20, 2021
Newboss:

You're not a logical person. Women can fend for themselves. Stop being an emotional simp.

People like you are keeping the world in the dark ages. Grow up

You are a f clown.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by escapefromusa(f): 3:10pm On May 20, 2021
lasthero:
Awuzubilai grin grin

grin Upon all the plate toilet when em wash!
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Ikea81: 3:12pm On May 20, 2021
Oga pack and leave jor! why you too no suck her well.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Burger01(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2021
RedChiefPriest:

I understand my good man
But evil women are all over,good women are all over,evil men are all over and good men are all over also.
Marrying a citizen can go wrong or right and marrying a Nigerian lady can go either wrong or right also.
No manual on how to live life,we just take risk and hope it turns out right.
fact smiley
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Verysmart101: 3:26pm On May 20, 2021
bunto:
See all the comments above. Totally SMH!
The black man is yet to allow his brain to advance. The police needed to separate the couple before one kills the other and the woman is the more endangered specie as well as her children, so it's the man that must leave the house as he can fend for himself.

However, in Nigeria, we believe the house belongs to the man, so the wife must leave for the man.

Doesn't that say that black people are closer to animals than cerebral humans.

How is it beneficial to your race to protect the strong and expose the weak to danger?

U just dey craze honestly.So a man should be be kicked out of his own house right cos of those scumbags right? It shall be ur portion.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by OyinNurse(f): 3:26pm On May 20, 2021
Na dis kain story dey pain me because I see pipo generalizing and extrapolating to all women everywhere! Not the case, all women are not like this. Love is a risk however you slice it and faith, coupled with a positive mind is needful. I married a Nigerian guy who also happens to be a US Citizen and at the time his friends and some family members were skeptical of my true intentions. My Bobo just soldiered on, for the sake of love, and I never noticed a shadow of doubt from him. In the US, once you marry a Citizen you can become a Citizen within 3 years. As a young lady with my tiny wisdom, I felt the only way to prove my sincere love to his people was to drag my feet on the citizenship process even though he begged me to proceed. When I eventually got the blue passport, nothing changed; true love surpasses all that. Love and respect has not decreased and why should it? Yes, we fight sometimes, as all couples do, and then we settle within ourselves as rationale adults. Why will I betray him? After all he has done for me and how he stood up for me. If I do, if he no curse me, the curse will curse itself. People have to realize that Eleda dey fight for the innocent person. So please, if you live abroad, and you fall in love with someone back home, don't turn your back on love for fear of betrayal. Feel free to proceed with caution but also with faith and a positive mind...

4 Likes

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Commotfornigeri: 3:33pm On May 20, 2021
jaxxy:

So the woman can send her kids out also if she so feels like it without any reason and the police can come and effect it because she plays the rent and the kids aren’t legal tenants according to ur analogy. Haha wonderful something.

The property was rent in both their names bt the man’s name was later removed in 2018 for some reason.

Yes, if the kids are over 18
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by eyinjuege: 3:36pm On May 20, 2021
It sounds as though they live in a free government housing. Probably given to them because of their children.
He needs to buckle up and start work to rent a new place.
Nobody will ask him to pay rent on this particular house since his name isn't even on the tenancy.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by SIRTee15: 3:37pm On May 20, 2021
jikins:

This is untrue. The only way he is forced to leave is if he is violent towards her and that's if they both own the house. If he owns it she will be adviced to leave while taking the man to jail. Because once he is released he will return back to his house no one can stop him as long as he is the sole owner.

Certain European laws favours women but not all. The owner of the house na the owner, you nor fit pursue am comot because if he sues them he go win.

Are u sure of this. because my cousin was kicked out of the house for than a month when the wife called police on him. Despite the fact he's the one paying mortgage
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Funpeter: 3:39pm On May 20, 2021
BigDawsNet:

The have to pay bills together
That's how it works here

Nothing like full house wife

The only mistake he made was letting her handle the rent....

The man should handle the rent for kicking out purpose.
Thats my point..... You never can trust this gender on that... Lesson learnt shall

1 Like

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by baby124: 3:41pm On May 20, 2021
That man is guilty. He laid on the bed and started recording when he heard police came. We don’t know what happened before and how he had been terrorizing the woman. It’s obvious that she is the one paying for the house. Many lazy and useless Nigerian men abroad. Who expect to be sexed, fed and taken care of by women, while they squander the woman’s hard earned money. Don’t be deceived.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2021
Real men would never find themselves in a situation like that - at the mercy of a woman ? Never ! Heartless women ,like the one in this video,are encouraged by soft men like Bill Gate and co. Melinda just pocketed 3 billion dollars - cool money like that just because one crazy law says so !

My dear wife,I know you are not in any position to even contemplate such. if you're however,tempted to push your luck,I promise you that it will end in premium tears.

Two can play that game ! We can both be heartless but I will go further by being ruthless at the same time ! If the law is skewed in your favour here in the UK or elsewhere, it can't offer same protection for your extended family members somewhere else. Some of them will pay for your sins and it will be heartbroken for you !

I hate weak men.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by Gokoyer0(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2021
And the lady will start looking for single and younger african guy who is desperately in need of paper to be oiling her engine.

Men don suffer!
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by GIdiata(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2021
ugolinze123:
grin these gender with a hole beneath are f*ckin confused
grin grin. e tire me ooo
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by NwaNimo1(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2021
jaxxy:

His name was never on the tenancy......and he seemed to think the document signed in 2018 had expired when it was a rolling contract.

The mans ignorance is to blame.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by omoyeni37: 3:47pm On May 20, 2021
BetExpert:
Simps always die before their time. Imagine Bill Gates paying Melinda over $3 billion dollars, instead of the fool to pay professional hitmen $1 million dollars to send her to Hell, professionals that will do a clean kill, undetectable murder, make it look like suicide or accident. He would have saved $2.99 billion. Me pay woman $3 billion for divorce?
And believe me bro, he will be caught
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by blasterman(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2021
Rayjnr:

Their not "there"

english teacher u dey mark my comment
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by InvertedHammer: 3:49pm On May 20, 2021
adewumiopeyemi:
They dont joke with woman over there

Woman is the king of the house over there
/
Lies!

Our men are intellectually lazy in legal matters. If he knows the system, he should know how to get around it.

He wasn't paying attention and his name was removed from the lease. If his name is on the lease, it could have been a different
ball game.

Do you want to bring a woman over? Do some research and know what you may be getting yourself into and prepare accordingly.
What has love got to do with it? Or better, don't bring any lady over. It is as simple as that. The problem is that when you advise these
men, they think they are being wise until they learn the hard way. Nigeria has millions of young ladies ready for marriage. He should go and bring more over. grin
/
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by jaxxy(m): 3:53pm On May 20, 2021
Commotfornigeri:

Yes, if the kids are over 18

Ok that’s great.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by jikins(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2021
SIRTee15:

Are u sure of this. because my cousin was kicked out of the house for than a month when the wife called police on him. Despite the fact he's the one paying mortgage

Is his name on the lease? And was he violent towards her?

Domestic violence is a very important factor like I stated before. And there are other factors like the law of the land. In some states in US they use common law so properties can be owned separately, in other states they use communal law.

Under common law the owner of said property can evict their spouse and even in domestic violence abuses. The owner still remains in their home. But under communal law the abuser gets booted out.

Evicting a spouse isn't an easy something. If your cousin name is on the mortgage but not on the deed his wife has an advantage. But its still very complicated. The more straightforward way is if you own the house b4 marriage and have a prenuptial agreement then. You are more than safe from being evicted. Irrespective of circumstances.

Thats why its advice you know the law of the land before jumping into decisions.
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by pappilo(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2021
NwaNimo1:
But the mugu suppose only put his name for the tenancy....... if he was paying the rent

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]

The fact is the police will not remove the woman if the reverse was the case. They are both entitled to live in the house even if they were not married absent any report of violence or threats of. The police just took the easy way out cause they know there will be no comeback.

In my own experience even with my name on the mortgage and payments coming out of my account I was prevented from returning to the house.

I feel sorry for the younger generation who believe in this myth called love and dont have a plan B. Iyabo is 43 years old and Edward is 52. All it takes is for one smooth talker to lie to Iyabo a few times and her head will turn.

How can you kick the father of your children out on the streets. At least she was honest and didnt claim violence. That would have been another case for him. Maybe Edward is a dead beat dad who contributes nothing. Always 2 sides to a story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by KVN1(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2021
Simplyleo:
I swear na dem.
Disgracing us everywhere.
disgracing you everywhere yet you don't want them to live...what an imp you are
Re: Wife Calls Police To Evict Her Nigerian Husband In London (Video) by eyinjuege: 3:57pm On May 20, 2021
jaxxy:

Does it make sense to send out underaged children? NO
So parents cannot send out their underaged children. There is a reason they are called dependents
However in the UK, the parents can ask the child to move out from the age of 16 years.
Usually between the age of 16-18 years, the council can help them find accommodation.
18 years and above, na Jehova get your case
You are seen as a young adult from age 16 years.
Nigerians should be always thankful that their parents allow them stay even till their 20s. Thankful that you even have parents that give you any form of support till you're able to stand on your feet.
Its a very cold world in the West, though you do have some marvellous parents there too that will support you with everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / How I Became Pregnant For My Husband’s Teen Son, By Nasarawa Housewife (pics) / My Guy Has Lost Interest In Sex Since Our Baby's Birth. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.