Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors (228 Views)

Person Use Him Money Do Borehole, You Dey Beef Am - Rufai Slams Obi's Critics / Defamation: El-Rufai Slams ₦2 Billion Suit Against Omokri, Odinkalu, Others / NLC Slams Governors’ Forum, Demands N66,500 Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors by oaktvnigeria: 1:31pm On May 20, 2021
Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has accused his fellow governors of abandoning his administration in its face-off with the Nigeria Labour Congress.

El-Rufai made the accusation at the virtual meeting of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum on Wednesday.

He also accused a fellow governor of providing mobilisation funds for the NLC to destabilise his state.

Although the NGF issued a statement calling on the parties to negotiate, El-Rufai said he didn’t see a whiff of support from the statement.

He said the statement issued by the chairman of the forum, Kayode Fayemi was trying to appease the two sides.

“That press release with the greatest respect was unhelpful. It was unhelpful. It said nothing. It was trying to play both sides.”

“I am a governor. I am one of you. The least I expect from the Nigeria Governors Forum is unequivocal and unqualified support. I didn’t see that in that statement.

“I am being very blunt. I could pretend and be a political and just smile and say it was alright but it is not. But I am used to fighting my own battles.”

El-Rufai bared his mind after the Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri, expressed displeasure over the lack of support for El-Rufai.

He explained that what the Kaduna State governor was dealing with would soon catch up with other states if the situation was not properly managed.

He said, “We are not running a unitary system (of government), we are a federation. We were elected to govern different states. We owe our people accountability, not the NLC, we should take a common stand.”

El-Rufai described labour unions as the greatest threat to Nigeria.

He said governors must come together to tackle their menace to prevent the country from degenerating further.

“We will fight this. We are breaking them and they will leave town ashamed. I will not give them one inch because this is not about unionism.

“If it is about rights of workers, Kaduna is not the only state that has retrenched workers. Kaduna is not a state owing salaries. Kaduna is not a state failing to pay minimum wage.

“Kaduna is not a state owing years of pension arrears. Why didn’t they go there? Kaduna was targeted for political reasons, and they are being financed by certain political interests.

“But we will fight them, we will defeat them but as the Governor of Bayelsa said, and since he has brought that subject, I have a responsibility to put it through, unless we collectively address this monster, it will consume all of us.

“After this, they (NLC) will never come back to Kaduna. They will never come back, you will see. They will go to other states. It is up to the forum to decide on what to do, but we are here, we are ready, we will end this by the grace of God.

“I would like to inform the forum that one of our colleagues, a state governor actually gave the NLC money to come to Kaduna to do this because people think everything is politics. This is not politics. This is a monster that will consume all of us. It will not consume Kaduna, I’m confident of that.”

Workers in the state on Monday began a five-day warning strike over El-Rufai administration’s alleged retrenchment of 45,000 workers and alleged anti-labour policies.

Electricity supply was cut off, banks shut and fuel queues emerged in the state as the unions tried to paralyse economic activities.

Read Also: Death rumour: IBB is still alive – Aide

Ayuba Wabba, who led the strike for three days, called it off on Wednesday.

But El-Rufai said he would charge Wabba under the Miscellaneous Act of 1983, for sabotaging the economy of the state.

A peace meeting called by the Labour Ministry is scheduled for Abuja today.

source: https://newstrack.oak.tv/you-didnt-support-me-during-face-off-with-nlc-el-rufai-slams-governors/

Re: You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors by WiszyFraud: 1:33pm On May 20, 2021
cheesy
Re: You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors by udoakwa(m): 1:34pm On May 20, 2021
This Hell rufi is officially mad, i hate this man with passion
Re: You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors by Kukukillus: 1:39pm On May 20, 2021
Grand patron of the entire Fulani bandits.
Cabal commandant of the federation.
Major stake holder in election rigging.
The list is endless...

With people like this helms of affairs nigeria is going NO WHERE!
Re: You Didn’t Support Me During Face-off With NLC, El-rufai Slams Governors by tesseract: 2:14pm On May 20, 2021
This man go suffer am oh...such wickedness from a single person.

(1) (Reply)

Gas Explosion: Gov Abiodun Warns Against Product Adulteration / Senator Remi Tinibu Responds To Allegation Of "Calling A Woman Thug" / BETWEEN NNAMDI KANU/IPOB AND CALIPHATE, WHO IS THE BIGGER LIAR?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.