Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? (41870 Views)

This Lady’s Photos Are Used For Scam, Do You Know Her? (pics) / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Laggatumuch(m): 3:45am On May 24, 2021
Chris2863:
Op, you are probably dumb grin grin

You blocked him and deleted your chats, you are the dumbest person I met recently, you just made yourself a culprit, what evidence do you have to present if arrested now??
This is why I doubt this story , it might be another fiction , because the scammer told you he will send you money himself , he is now asking you to bless him from inside. Haba na scammers nor dull like that na, if what you said is true then the story you told us is incomplete, because before giving out any advice we have to weigh the story and the authenticity.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by HabaHaba: 4:07am On May 24, 2021
Collins4u1:
So why did you block him? Because it doesn't make sense

Ogbeni, the OP blocked him because he has a sincere conscience. The OP has good home training. OP blocked him because no matter what, the unfortunate individual that was scammed would surely report and the investigation would lead to the OPs account, and if he had touched the money, then he is culpable in the crime/fraud. He would simply be an accomplice to the fraud!

The only way to prove his innocence is to keep the fund exactly as it is.

This OP, is a Nigerian yet with the most outstanding conscience and character that needs to be emulated.

This guy's deserves a National Award. Very seriously!!!!

#RewardGoodCharacterNotYahooism

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by seanery: 4:11am On May 24, 2021
Over 14k I been think na 14Million.

Oga. Use that money tiding urself.

And wait o, weiting ur uncle dey look hin no fit help urlife with a lil' something. Some uncles sef.
And na dem go spend more on the person burial expenses.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by loffers(m): 4:12am On May 24, 2021
Call the customer service line/help desk of the bank and make a formal report before going to the Bank .
If it's a fraud case, the bank might detain you and get you arrested when you go there this morning

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by tobatele(m): 4:17am On May 24, 2021
I will advise that you document this. Write a formal letter, address it to the manager of your bank and ensure same is submitted today or this week.
The original owner of the money might still come for you through his/her bank and your BVN might be blacklisted. You will be free or have a defense if you were the first to report what really happened.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Boyooosa(m): 4:28am On May 24, 2021
You are working in front of prison.,.
Ori e ti o pe yen

You are having pity on someone that mumuciously pay as maga, you left yourself behind, that gullibly accept to conspire in a crime.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by delishpot: 5:10am On May 24, 2021
OP, did you screenshot your convo with him?
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by sslcrypt: 5:32am On May 24, 2021
Foolishness in play, chat that will act as evidence in your defense you destroyed it.

Unless am not getting the full picture of what's happening.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Raymeg7(m): 6:14am On May 24, 2021
lecoeur:
So I met this guy on telegram and we got going, he introduced me to one group like that where he sells Fake logs and said I should work with him.
I do chat him up frequently and just yesterday he came requesting for my account details that he wants to bless me. I'm a student, really broke in fact I haven't eaten properly for like 2 days straight honestly (Crypto did me sh*t) so I didn't hesitate in sending my details, shortly I got credit alert of #14k.
I informed him of the alert and he told me to give him any amount I wish to give him out of the money, at this point I became confused and was like how
I just blocked him immediately and deleted our chat, right now I feel bad cos obviously he's a scammer and truly I pity the person that may have been scammed as I've been overthinking considering the trauma this person may be going through.
Is there anything I can do?
I haven't taken anything out of the money yet.

Modified....
I went to the bank and they keep telling me to come back, I will be going with my uncle hopefully on Monday.
Thanks smiley everyone for your contributions, I'll update once everything is sorted out.
. Go to the bank, ask them to give u paper , write an application of reversal, in the application, explain to the bank that u don't know were the money is coming from and that u have made some inquiries and non send u money, so u want the money to be sent back to were it comes from, simple
That is ur evidence when ever anything comes out from it, the bank will be ur witness, that thing alone has covered anything that anybody will do even police can not do anything when they find out u reported to the bank that is a fake transaction

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by jimter44(m): 6:24am On May 24, 2021
BarristerAlarig:

Go and report to your bank. They will reverse the transaction and send the money to the account it came from.

Tell the bank to reverse the money from your account.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Benediction777: 6:24am On May 24, 2021
Johnwicka:
HOLLY GRAM cool A STUPID NIGGA SITED. WTF

HOLY NOT HOLLY!

SIGHTED NOT SITED!

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by anyicash(m): 6:30am On May 24, 2021
Your first mistake was to clear the chat and blocked him, right now you are an accomplice.

Start saving money for case and police harassment on daily basis.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by nedekid: 6:50am On May 24, 2021
lecoeur:

I'm heading to the bank this morning, I'll try and sort things out.
Thanks.
you acted stupidly deleting all evidence.
Well there is still a way. Without wasting a second, write a letter now now stating you suspect your account could have been used for fraud and you want the bank to determine the source of the money and return it asap if the sender was fraudulent.
Get the bank to acknowledge the letter and give you a stamped copy.
Make sure you do not touch a dime of that money. (that is if you have not already based on you precidence ie being silly)
Hopefully the letter will spur the bank to act and it should also give a level of protection when the pending police wahala comes.

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Revolva(m): 6:52am On May 24, 2021
op you be slowpoke....why did you block him.....that shows you were greedy....and he has reported your account.....better go to bank and sort your self out

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Goldenheart(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2021
grin Op and sender be thief...

You have been starving until the money came
You knew the money ain't clean
You just wanted it all to yourself.

Even if the sender explains to you before sending the money.

You still would have blocked his ass if the money came through grin
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Nobody: 7:05am On May 24, 2021
lecoeur:
So I met this guy on telegram and we got going, he introduced me to one group like that where he sells Fake logs and said I should work with him.
I do chat him up frequently and just yesterday he came requesting for my account details that he wants to bless me. I'm a student, really broke in fact I haven't eaten properly for like 2 days straight honestly (Crypto did me sh*t) so I didn't hesitate in sending my details, shortly I got credit alert of #14k.
I informed him of the alert and he told me to give him any amount I wish to give him out of the money, at this point I became confused and was like how
I just blocked him immediately and deleted our chat, right now I feel bad cos obviously he's a scammer and truly I pity the person that may have been scammed as I've been overthinking considering the trauma this person may be going through.

Modified....
I went to the bank and they keep telling me to come back, I will be going with my uncle hopefully on Monday.
Thanks smiley everyone for your contributions, I'll update once everything is sorted out.

I do not know you from Adam, but I am tempted to believe you have a praying mother, and God's grace is on your side. Do not receive money with your bank account from a suspicious or an unknown source, even from your dubious friends, next time. Do not intentionally or unknowingly become a "picker". It will always end in premium tears.

A client who operates a POS business received 20k from a customer in the cause of his business sometime in January this year. All seemed well in Santiago Bernabeu until sometime in April this year, when all hell went loose on him.

He observed he could not withdraw money with his ATM card and decided to visit the nearest branch to find out why. And while waiting, he was picked up by the police right inside the banking hall to the nearest police station.

Guess what?

The 20k he received in his account was a part of the spoils of an armed robbery operation, and the gang shared their victim's funds into various bank accounts, thereby using these persons as their picker.

The armed robbery happened in Jalingo, and the instruction was that he should be whisked to Jalingo upon his arrest. He has suddenly become an armed robbery suspect.

Imagine!

From Lagos to Jalingo.

If not for God's grace upon his life as a pastor and those God used in rescuing him, he would have suffered for what he knew absolutely nothing about.

What is my legal opinion?

My advice as a litigator is that you or your lawyer should write a formal letter to the bank with a clear instruction rejecting the funds.

Do not at any point mention that you had business dealings with the chap or that you know him. You do not have evidence to prove this. So, simply state that you received a suspicious amount in your bank account from an unknown source and for services you didn't render.

Instruct the bank to immediately reverse the money and consequently lunch an investigation into its source. In the interim, request a PND on that particular funds pending the outcome of their investigations.

By the express provision of Section 251(d) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended 2010), the bank owes you a fiduciary duty of care to act in this regard.

Write to the head office, copy the branch and keep your acknowledged copies for reference purposes. This shred of evidence will exculpate you if there be an allegation against your person. This is what a reasonable man is legally obligated to do under this circumstance.

Shalom

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by codesport(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2021
Legalcriminal:
OP it’s better you block that MF ass spend the money and enjoy yourself na just blessing in disguise. Even God know you never chop na why the deal come that way. And for the dude up there no Nigerian police can have the time to work on 14k.
Really? What if the said money is actually from a NIGERIA POLICE personnel?

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by shawante(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
This bros op is pussy asss niggarrr

And the person way say make you find am small thing out of the money na moronnn
Guy na better pussy ass nigga. just 14k and he's already shaking like a jellyfish. If dem come send am 100k him go shit on himself
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by gaftsoil(m): 7:34am On May 24, 2021
You're a scammer
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Nobody: 7:34am On May 24, 2021
Benediction777:

HOLY NOT HOLLY!

SIGHTED NOT SITED!
HOLLY GRAM cool GWT SOME KUSH MAN. MORNING KUSH IS DA BEST. WTF.. HIGH MAN AND SEE D DIFFERENCE. 4 HOLLY GRAM SAKE. WTF
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Nobody: 7:35am On May 24, 2021
Johnwicka:
HOLLY GRAM cool GET SOME KUSH MAN. MORNING KUSH IS DA BEST. WTF.. HIGH MAN AND SEE DA DIFFERENCE. 4 HOLLY GRAM SAKE. WTF
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by maasoap(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2021
noobs123:
You blocked him because you wanted to scam him now turned out the money itself was scam. You don enter wahala.

You didn't make sense and I hope you know that

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by bluebay(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2021
You’re the scammer here … Coz putting scam aside, you blocked him after receiving Money he used you to receive…

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Oju4190: 7:40am On May 24, 2021
U shouldn't have blocked him.... or maybe u didn't tell us the true story....because I can't figure out any sense blocking him

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On May 24, 2021
litigator:

I do not know you from Adam, but I am tempted to believe you have a praying mother, and God's grace is on your side. Do not receive money with your bank account from a suspicious or an unknown source, even from your dubious friends, next time. Do not intentionally or unknowingly become a "picker". It will always end in premium tears.

A client who operates a POS business received 20k from a customer in the cause of his business sometime in January this year. All seemed well in Santiago Bernabeu until sometime in April this year, when all hell went loose on him.

He observed he could not withdraw money with his ATM card and decided to visit the nearest branch to find out why. And while waiting, he was picked up by the police right inside the banking hall to the nearest police station.

Guess what?

The 20k he received in his account was a part of the spoils of an armed robbery operation, and the gang shared their victim's funds into various bank accounts, thereby using these persons as their picker.

The armed robbery happened in Jalingo, and the instruction was that he should be whisked to Jalingo upon his arrest. He has suddenly become an armed robbery suspect.

Imagine!

From Lagos to Jalingo.

If not for God's grace upon his life as a pastor and those God used in rescuing him, he would have suffered for what he knew absolutely nothing about.

What is my legal opinion?

My advice as a litigator is that you or your lawyer should write a formal letter to the bank with a clear instruction rejecting the funds.

Do not at any point mention that you had business dealings with the chap or that you know him. You do not have evidence to prove this. So, simply state that you received a suspicious amount in your bank account from an unknown source and for services you didn't render.

Instruct the bank to immediately reverse the money and consequently lunch an investigation into its source. In the interim, request a PND on that particular funds pending the outcome of their investigations.

By the express provision of Section 251(d) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended 2010), the bank owes you a fiduciary duty of care to act in this regard.

Write to the head office, copy the branch and keep your acknowledged copies for reference purposes. This shred of evidence will exculpate you if there be an allegation against your person. This is what a reasonable man is legally obligated to do under this circumstance.

Shalom
Explained step by step. Weldone

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Dayvidblue: 7:48am On May 24, 2021
Legalcriminal:
OP it’s better you block that MF ass spend the money and enjoy yourself na just blessing in disguise. Even God know you never chop na why the deal come that way. And for the dude up there no Nigerian police can have the time to work on 14k.

I know EFCC will be more than willing to work on even 1k.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by habakukjss3: 8:01am On May 24, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....

Thanks at least you have conscience, despite u knowing full well he is a scammer earlier.
For you to admit he sells fake logs means you knew what he was up to , so stop being skirmish and acting.

However, since your conscience has taken over , its not too late.
Just go to bank, write to them that you don't know who sent u money that the money should be reversed to the owner.
Ensure you get a copy of this letter acknowledged by the bank as future protection.

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by DonCortino: 8:23am On May 24, 2021
Collins4u1:
So why did you block him? Because it doesn't make sense

abi? the chat should have acted as proof that he is innocent in case efcc gets involved. I'm sure he knew the guy was into scam right from time.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Greatzeus(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....
Wow,you haven't eating good food in 2 days,yet you got free money you could have spent but you didn't because you think it belongs to an innocent person,who must have been defrauded?
You are a good person,God bless you. I pray God will change your situation for good.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by BlueOrion: 8:28am On May 24, 2021
This is a typical shoot first and ask questions later. You messed up by deleting your only evidence

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by teebillz: 8:41am On May 24, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
go to the bank and rewire the money back to the source for you own Good

That doesn't invalidate the other transaction but rather increases the number of transactions between his account and the other account. Since he has deleted the chat, his best bet is to just claim that he got an unexpected credit to his account. Mind you, the Telegram chat between his and the scammer may contain some incriminating discussions that he may not want the Police to see.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:43am On May 24, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....
Guy you're foolish oo. You let someone use your account for fraud in this Era of KYC? And your only worry is the victim. You should be worried about yourself bro. You're in trouble especially since you deleted the chat like you claim. You don't have any evidence. Hmm, I just pity you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnapper 'Abuja Daddy' Apprehended In Bayelsa Along With A Lady (Photos) / Photos Of Victims Of Food Poisoning At A Restaurant In Cross River / Linda Ikeji Deletes Lekki Rapist Post But Reposts After Facing Heavy Backlash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.