Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? (6140 Views)

Missed Fasts From Ramadaan First Or The Six Days Of Shawwaal? / Missed Fasts From Ramadaan First Or The Six Days Of Shawwaal? / Practising The Secret Habit (masturbation) In Ramadaan Without Ejaculating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Lukgaf(m): 5:48am On May 21, 2021
Is it permissible for one to fast the six days of Shawwaal with the same intention as making up the days he or she did not fast in Ramadaan e.g because of menstruation?

Praise be to Allah.

That is not valid, because fasting the six days of Shawwaal can only be done after fasting Ramadaan in full.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in Fataawa al-Siyaam (438):

Whoever fasts the day of ‘Arafah, or the day of ‘Ashoora’, but still owes days from Ramadaan, his fast is valid, but if he intends to fast this day to make up for a missed Ramadaan fast, he will have two rewards: the reward for the day of ‘Arafah or ‘Ashoora’ along with the reward for making up the missed fast. This has to do with voluntary fasts in general that are not connected to Ramadaan. With regard to fasting the six days of Shawwaal, they are connected to Ramadaan and can only done after making up missed Ramadaan fasts. If he fasts them before making up missed Ramadaan fasts he will not attain that reward, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” It is well known that whoever still owes days from Ramadaan is not regarded as having fasted Ramadaan until he makes up the days he missed.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/39328/it-is-not-valid-to-combine-making-up-missed-ramadaan-fasts-with-fasting-six-days-of-shawwaal-with-one-intention

7 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by fzylft3237: 9:24am On May 21, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Hassanmaye(m): 9:27am On May 21, 2021
No you can't mix the two, they are not the same thing but separate. One is nafila (not obligatory) while Ramadan is compulsory and must be done completely without leakage from 1-30

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Kosamatukabir: 9:28am On May 21, 2021
Yes
Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by DryMouth: 9:30am On May 21, 2021
Oga eat ur food...

13 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by elnaf(m): 9:31am On May 21, 2021
Jaxakallahu khairan

4 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by DoctorStylish: 9:35am On May 21, 2021
No Sir
You can’t do that .
I know it feels good and its only rational but thats not how it works.
Repay your fast and then do the shawwal or vice versa
Jummat Mubarak

11 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by smithbidy(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2021
Lukgaf:
Is it permissible for one to fast the six days of Shawwaal with the same intention as making up the days he or she did not fast in Ramadaan e.g because of menstruation?

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/39328/it-is-not-valid-to-combine-making-up-missed-ramadaan-fasts-with-fasting-six-days-of-shawwaal-with-one-intention

Salam alaikum waramotullahi wabarakatu. I heard Sheikh Assim Alhakim says this?
Check the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZd9GO6jdPo

1 Like

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Mdaz(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2021
Salaamualiekum... Please note these are two different types of Fasting., Ramadan and Shawwal Fasting.
The missed fast in Ramadhan is very important but can always be performed before the next Ramadan in 2022 In Sha Allah.
While the Shawwal Fasting has Less than three weeks to get the full benefit of the 6 Days fast.
If I may advise you, It will be nice to complete the Shawwal within this three weeks, while u take your time to repay the missed days of Ramadan fast before the 2022 Ramadan fast begins.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Pymetrics: 10:05am On May 21, 2021
smithbidy:

Salam alaikum waramotullahi wabarakatu. I heard Sheikh Assim Alhakim says this?
Check the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZd9GO6jdPo
His response as regards combining the two is the same as the post you quoted

2 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by ArewaNightmare: 10:06am On May 21, 2021
grin grin so u want to combine Ramadan fasting with SHAWAMA hahahahahahhaha this guy just dey use Mohammed dey catch cruise ,so u intentionally skipped 6 days in ur Ramadan fast just to catch fun and now u want to do BROUGHT FORWARD haha ISLAM don see pepper for naija people hand

1 Like

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by imbless: 10:18am On May 21, 2021
Combine shawarma join

10 Likes

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by motayoayinde: 10:32am On May 21, 2021
TIMELY POST.

JAZAAKALLAH
Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by ANTIlSLAM(m): 10:55am On May 21, 2021
Sultan Over To You

1 Like

Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by xcesswag(m): 12:08pm On May 21, 2021
Allahu Alam. Please I really need financial help o... 0035169201 gtbank Bolaji Sulayman... Thank you in advance
Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Tranquility4u: 12:12pm On May 21, 2021
A very nice and educative post! JazakumuLlahu Khairan.
Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Ahmerdibnz: 12:19pm On May 21, 2021
Masha Allah, Jakullah khairan
Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by Touchforfree(m): 1:23pm On May 21, 2021
Assalam Alaykunm........

Nope, you cannot combine the missed Ramadan fasting with the 6 Shawwal fastings.

All you need to do is first to observe & complete the 6 Shawwal fastings and thereafter observe three numbers of the missed Ramadan fasting.

May Allah bless us with unlimited wisdom (Allahumah Ameen).

Ma-Assalam.......
Re: Can I Combine Missed Ramadaan Fasts With 6 Days Of Shawwaal With One Intention? by TripleAR(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2021
Why will you fast voluntary fasting when you haven't fast the compulsory ones?what if you die before you are able to complete your missed Ramadan fast

(1) (Reply)

" Ali And His Shia Shall Be The Saved Party"- Prophet Muhammad (sa) / Du'a (prayer) When Feeling Pain In The Body / Which Is Better - Giving Zakaah Openly Or Concealing It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.