Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July (38727 Views)

Subscribers Are Not Required To Submit IMEI - NCC / Extend SIM Card - NIN Registration Till 2021 - House Of Representatives To NCC / When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MrBachelor: 9:47am On May 21, 2021
I'm submitting nothing to Pantami.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by ChiefSosa(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2021
Na force pantami go use collect am. We no dey give shi shi. We go dey wait for July. Come and beat us.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by israelp(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2021
Pierocash:
They don't have to tell the masses to do that. Mobile Phone dealers are supposed to do that.

For every mobile imported into the country, a proper documentation of the IMEI should be carried out before selling out to the public.
and u tink i cannot change it ...very soon na to update ur pic 4 their database
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by amuwo1980: 9:49am On May 21, 2021
Pierocash:
They don't have to tell the masses to do that. Mobile Phone dealers are supposed to do that.

For every mobile imported into the country, a proper documentation of the IMEI should be carried out before selling out to the public.
You are too fast , hold it , you want their brain circuit to burn out , this is too much thinking for buhari and co.
This government is not clueless , they are deeper than that , this a menace , a peril to Nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by GeneralPula: 9:51am On May 21, 2021
Nah the digital world wey we dey cause ham..

Just stay woke cuz all these things helps hackers..
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by EkwulobiaTV: 9:52am On May 21, 2021
Getat
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Vlibray: 9:52am On May 21, 2021
why will you ask citizens to provide their imei numbers
what for ?
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by kense88: 9:53am On May 21, 2021
ejighikemeuwa:
Clueless group of people
nna this one don pass clueless matter. This people are clearly have an agenda

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by dc23(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2021
This is happening in Ghana too. From next month all SIM cards are to be re registered with the ECOWAS card and IMEI of phone registered or else the phone won't connect to any cellular network.

Maybe it's an ECOWAS security thing to tackle terrorism.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Farki: 9:53am On May 21, 2021
None of Pantami's fangirls have been able to list the countries where this is implemented or even explain what effect this will have on the citizens.

They just follow like sheep being led to the slaughter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MickzyDonald: 9:53am On May 21, 2021
Eriggs:

How old are you?
15?
Been in existence before you created your account grin
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Chirowman(m): 9:55am On May 21, 2021
Is ok
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Emmyviva: 9:55am On May 21, 2021
To make it look as if the government of Pantami is working...will become fruitless at the end. This I have seen
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by resourcedude: 9:56am On May 21, 2021
so, no more purchase of new phones! i de laugh in swahili.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 9:56am On May 21, 2021
ShaqFu:
Which one be dis one again.

Can they manage the effort that such an endeavour would require? I believe they are not going for welfare of the general public but the opportunity to witchhunt and monitor dissidents and opposition groups.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by chyzoo4u(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2021
I think this is a right step in the wrong direction. It's also putting the cart before the horse.

Firstly, thieves will still steal phones and use them to commit crime then dispose it, the real owners will be arrested.

Secondly, in a case where the thieve wants to use the phone, it takes less than 30 mins to root a phone and change the IMEI.

My amd many Nigerians assertions is this; crime can be reduced once the government make life easier for people. They'll come out to tell us how America and Europe take records of the IMEI, but fail to understand how easy these people have made life for it's citizens including the jobless.

Our leaders just want the masses to remain in abject poverty so they can always campaign with "feeding the nation for 5 years" posters, sharing rice and bread, as well as sharing 2k to voters.

Make life easy for the people, then there'll be little or no phone theft anymore.

Even if we register the IMEI, we still give out phones to friends, family, and even strangers. I hope they'll have a way of changing IMEI ownership in their system shaaa...

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Kolaboluv7(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2021

Who did we offend in this cow-tree..?

Very soon will go dey submit our sperm, underwear’s and even our wives..

I tire for this country...!

The god’s has spoken

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Killermamba: 9:58am On May 21, 2021
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Femijohn198: 9:58am On May 21, 2021
If I buy and register my phone later resale it to another customers what does that edhance. Mad leaders

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by White007(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2021
The tyrannical federal government of Nigeria has now demanded for our IMEI numbers in order to identify and track us via our phones.

This demand by the NCC is a violation of our privacy and is ILLEGAL.. our 'supposed' consitution stands against such intrusion on our privacy.

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by integrity16(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2021
Again??
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by kense88: 9:58am On May 21, 2021
joinpreneur:
Government of an unbeatable tyranny and non-negotiable impunity!
I will personally start a protest against this on social media. Buhari and pantami are mad

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by FarahAideed: 9:59am On May 21, 2021
Most silly thing I have heard from the clueless satanic govt in it's bid to generate data for it's evil Jihad ....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by stasius: 9:59am On May 21, 2021
Hahhahahhaha.

This is now equivalent to obtaining the mark of the beast 666.... Government will now determine what to do with you at any giving point.
Chai.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by ArewaNightmare: 10:01am On May 21, 2021
grin grin This is a ploy to lynch Nigerians, arrest them secretly bcuz with ur NIN AND IMEI ur location is available for them, this is a pure motive for going against political opposition and those that oppose or attack their policy bcuz they've failed in gagging everyone so they've resulted to this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by saintmm(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2021
I believe that waking up in the morning to announce a policy you glossed over in the night is a No No!
Nigerians need explanation of the what's, the whys and the ifs. It's damn too risky to trust any civil servant with such too personal of an information. Carelessness, negligence, tribalism, religious bigotry, incompetency, hatred and wickedness makes it too risky for compliance, moreover, given the personality of the minister in charge of that ministry.

I rise

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by witworth(m): 10:02am On May 21, 2021
Now we know we can't put our identity and information in a very bad and corrupt government's hand like Nigeria, normally every governments in the world wish they can control the affairs of every single citizen, some even have international spies in other countries, but democracy is just the sane world everybody cannot just ignore even as they wish they can.
Most useless nation Nigeria is the least that will even use citizen's information for good such as security and welfarism.
My Yoruba and the Igbos wants to go, we wants to have our own Nations respectively from the hands of these fulani people.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by obedugo(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2021
I did a great mistake by linking my NIN never will I try this... Those 4+4 pigs hope you love the development

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by MansoryMX(m): 10:04am On May 21, 2021
Na here we go pass get better problem for this country! What sort of nonsense is this!
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by rottennaija(m): 10:04am On May 21, 2021
Charleys:
Which kind mad people wey Nigerians vote for government. So if I submit, I no go buy new phone again?

Very funny post. It's as if you read the whole article and then said, this is what I am going to believe about the article.
Re: Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July by Nobody: 10:04am On May 21, 2021
Even if panty leaves now it’s likely he will keep a duplicate of all the sensitive data collected on Nigerians imagine what such a database is worth in the black market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In Need Of Joikuspot Premium License Code / Whatsapp Starts Rolling Out Picture-in-picture (PIP) Mode For Android Users / Tecno L8 Plus - A Re-modified Version Of Tecno L8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.