Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67338 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by remzytimer: 9:56pm On May 21, 2021
You have the effrontery to call your husband to come and wash plates in the public, you deserve more than that....

I have seen women catering for their entire household and you wouldn't even notice it in their words. Learn to humble yourself!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by druxlazu: 10:02pm On May 21, 2021
You wanna know why black people are called Niggas.

They did nothing Noble for this world but they have the highest pride than any other people in the world. Bunch of arrogant niggars.

Your husband is a nigga and a nigga is a terrible soul.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by druxlazu: 10:03pm On May 21, 2021
I am sure the husband is an Igbo man. A Yoruba man even with pride would have helped in that situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Microwhy: 10:06pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

Women don't know how frustraring and mental draining it is for a man that has been the breadwinner to becoming a dependant.
Its extremely difficult for anybody who has not been in that shoe before to understand. Find any means to say a sincere sorry to your husband, even if na to carry toto go meet am for im friend place, just do it.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Mvena(f): 10:06pm On May 21, 2021
kennylesy122:
I would slaps you again..... you have customers and you say your husband to wash the plate what are you try to insinuating?? Gradually you turn him to ur staff atleast give respect a chance if you do respect him enough you won’t dare say that you embarrassed and disrespected him Public you deserve to Hot slap
I don't know if this person was typing this out of anger � ah! My eye dey pain me �
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Mvena(f): 10:08pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.
Make una dey try calm down
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Teaveapoet(f): 10:10pm On May 21, 2021
wirinet:

She did not have a husband, but the man opened a restaurant for her and still goes there to assist or keep her company when he became unemployed. Abi, he became less than a husband because he lost his job?

When You marry shout out load twice that he should wash the plates in public and see if you will have a husband.

Thank you. I'm married but this isn't about me okay! A responsible man doesn't raise his hand on his wife not even in public. What's wrong in washing plates?

You said he opened restaurant for her oh Glory be to God! So now he lost his job he is feeling his wife is superior than him and you call him husband. Lolz
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Elporo(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2021
bepositive11:

If you truly think that prosperity and success have nothing to do with humility, I have nothing more to say to you.

Pride is one of man's greatest weakness. Too much pride to be precise. Pride is not necessarily a bad thing as long as it's at a healthy level. Her husband has too much pride.

Your confused! Are humble because you are poor? Yes, that is not true humility.. its cunning.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Elporo(m): 10:19pm On May 21, 2021
SegFault:

Real men burnt down Troy a fictional story is what you are calling fact. Nigeria has one of the highest populations of morons. Overworked and underpaid workers built pyramids and please how is the birth of America a good thing when lands were stolen from unsuspecting folk. Lastly how the Bleep does the nonsense you wrote relate with the topic or the opinion of who you quoted.

Clap for yourself... Do you know the number decisions you make in a day using fictional tales as a benchmark?

The reason you cant understand my post is same reason you will wash those plates.

Its No wonder your Segfaulting!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by loswhite(m): 10:21pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.
Women wrapper everywhere

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by loswhite(m): 10:23pm On May 21, 2021
DaCharis2016:
What's totally bad? Considering the pressure on her she mentioned. I think her asking for her husband's help was justified.
Is that the first time she is facing that pressure? Has she discussed it with the man privately ? So if the man didn't come at that moment who would have washed the plate ?

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by loswhite(m): 10:24pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
Most of you women are just mad ppl

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 10:40pm On May 21, 2021
This one na children. So you dey drive suv and ur wife dey sell mama put, you no dey shame..?
Suv jam u therr..
larryjonze:

If you TRUELY respect ur husband in the 1st place you won't even wish him to wash plate or sweep the floor talkless of outside.
Lets imagine the man had come down from is SUV on a starched native/shirt with mess wey choke ... can that woman try that nonsense. naa see finish cause am.
As a woman if the crown of your head (ade ori) can be washing plate outside then such woman is shameless & deserves no respect from bachelors in that area.

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Masterito(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2021
You are clown who lack the ability to understand common sentence. How had is it for you to understand that mutual respect is important. Manner of approach matters. You don't welcome your wife or husband who visited by send him to wash olate in oublic. How about asking about his wellbeing quickly and telling him quietly to assist with dishes? Obviously you sound like a single man. Maybe when you get married you will understand.
MOVIC6:
People like you will see yout woman changing babes diaper and still want her to come dish your food out, people like you will see your woman doing yout laundry still expect the woman to do they children’s homework, people like will see that the woman is tired from work and still want to climb her, people like you don’t deserve marriage, you better go be a priest where you can expect much respect.
Oga you are not yet matured enough yo give advice in marriage.
Jus go and sit down.
Marriage is not jus respect or pride, is not about the man but the both of you. If your experience is ur idea, I reject it many times and over.
Rest this case please

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 10:54pm On May 21, 2021
druxlazu:

They did nothing Noble for this world but they have the highest pride than any other people in the world. Bunch of arrogant niggars.

and NIGGA ALSO REFER TO WORD [SLAVE]

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idaytesj29(m): 10:57pm On May 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:

Oga did you read the write up at all? She didn't employ. She asked for help for him to dishes.
Which department? He used the money to open a business which is commendable but Oga things are not the way they are. Oga drop this your pride gringrin. When you will move abroad you go know say this mentality stinks.
Men wash dishes, men drop kids, men take out the trash,men do groceries, men do Laundries and men cook same with women. Do you know how many leaked pictures about David Cameron have been leaked with him cooking and even Washing?
Things are hard and you shouldn't make it harder. He refused to even get menial jobs so as to feed his family. Oga you shouldn't hear people's stories ooo. There's a man who was living in my area, he lost his job because we all knew he worked. So he started helping his wife wash,cook and keep records if his wife isn't around . We dey help am dish food for small pay if his wife wasn't around.His kids were little then. His wife does same exactly same. They've apportioned delegations to each other. If the man washes and cook for 2 days,the woman cooks the rest 4 days. From there he focused on keeping records and accounts before he later got a job. The wife was bad mouthed but still gives him respect too. But as long money go drop and everybody wins,no wahala. Life can never remain like that. His wife still runs it with other workers. FUNNILY the man is Igbo
The truth is Until you know your problem you can't solve anything

Aunty, I read it into to. And I purposely used the word employed cos the wife kept on mentioning, he is jobless, not doing anything which means she thought dish washing is employment for him.

Thats not how to seek help. And I am sure she knows her husband better and should understand what he will do or not do.

You don't need to commend him fakely for opening the business, asking him to turn dish washer is enough appreciation. When the woman was not doing anything and the man was fully responsible for his family without help from anywhere, how many times has the man asked her to come to his shop to sweep the floor? As a woman will you even do it? No. You will ask him to find a cleaner. So, leave pride alone, what she did is wrong.

Yes, men do trash, wash cloth, picks kids, do dishes yes men cook yes. For their family.
If he has to do it abroad as a job, he will do and know how much he will be making. At that point, its a job or a sacrifice for his home.

Yes David Cameroon. And how many video of his wife yelling orders at him have you found on the internet? When you are polite, respectful and have a good approach, a husband can do anything for you. But when you feel, this is 21st century na, why can't he wash dishes for me cos I have customers. He will show you like this man had done.

He refused to get menial jobs? Imagine what you are saying. How much will menial job earn him? Someone with a wife and two children.... At most 3000 naira a day of hard labour that he is not used to. And doing a day, he will be useless for a week.

Have you done menial jobs before? You don't know what you are saying.

As for the man living in your area, with the way you narrate it, there had been a discussion between the wife and the husband on what to do with their life and he agreed. Good for him, even with that, the wife still bad mouthed him.
But, there are choices in life, this man refuses to settle for less. I won't blame him.

If you don't have challenges as a man financially, you wouldn't know the kind of woman you are living with. He knows his wife now, fairweather woman!

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 11:02pm On May 21, 2021
Jus get out, you are a kid, I can see you haven’t been reading in between lines, no need blabbering with kids..
Masterito:
You are clown who lack the ability to understand common sentence. How had is it for you to understand that mutual respect is important. Manner of approach matters. You don't welcome your wife or husband who visited by send him to wash olate in oublic. How about asking about his wellbeing quickly and telling him quietly to assist with dishes? Obviously you sound like a single man. Maybe when you get married you will understand.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 11:04pm On May 21, 2021
Was that they real reason they were called nigger...
druxlazu:

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idaytesj29(m): 11:05pm On May 21, 2021
Microwhy:

Women don't know how frustraring and mental draining it is for a man that has been the breadwinner to becoming a dependant.
Its extremely difficult for anybody who has not been in that shoe before to understand. Find any means to say a sincere sorry to your husband, even if na to carry toto go meet am for im friend place, just do it.

God bless you ooo.

To say the man even fund the creation for the business for her makes it more painful.

She has rocked the boat of that home by herself.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by elinaxy(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2021
The manner she used in asking her husband to wash the dishes should be considered.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 11:15pm On May 21, 2021
MOVIC6:
Was that they real reason they were called nigger...

Why do you think black Americans are always mad at whitemen if they use the word black fûcking NIGGA the negro coolcool
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Bekeey: 11:24pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:

You are right but depends on the kind mood and voice she used. Because I believe she didn't asked him with a polite and manner voice. I wasn't there but that's what just happened
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Bekeey: 11:25pm On May 21, 2021
I believe she didn't asked him with a polite and manner voice. I wasn't there but that's what just happened

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by dochenaj: 11:27pm On May 21, 2021
No form of physical abuse is okay irrespective of the reason behind it and who is dishing it out.

However my problem with the woman is that she has no idea of the kind of man she is married to, even after two kids.

Some men have no problem washing plates in the public, while some others do. She doesn't know her husband well enough that was the main error.

She asked the first time, and the man let it slide but she had to demand again. That tells me she didn't ask in a polite manner.

When you want your wife or husband to do something, be polite in the way you ask. For instance those men who come home and immediately ask their wife "Give me food to eat" could also get themselves a slapping too. The right question is "Is there food for me?"

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Masterito(m): 11:32pm On May 21, 2021
See kid calling probably his Dad's age mate kid. You can't even manage your emotions. Grow up.
MOVIC6:
Jus get out, you are a kid, I can see you haven’t been reading in between lines, no need blabbering with kids..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 11:33pm On May 21, 2021
Bekeey:

You are right but depends on the kind mood and voice she used. Because I believe she didn't asked him with a polite and manner voice. I wasn't there but that's what just happened

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by yassjib: 11:35pm On May 21, 2021
You are a fool for telling your husband to wash plate in your restaurant just because he soea not have a job.. Instead of you discussing it with him at home. I swear if I am your husband I will do more than that slap. That's how you women will gradually turn you husband to a alive... Its very bad of you

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by DedeNkem: 11:36pm On May 21, 2021
Her husband is an idiot, no wonder he fell victim to scammers!! He's not a team player in that marriage!

Why is helping his wife's business, a business that's presently feeding his family, a bad thing? He is an abusive as*swhole and the lady should divorce him!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by DedeNkem: 11:40pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate

How is it bad helping your wife in the only business that feeds the family?

It seems you've the same empty pride and abusive mentality like her husband!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 11:42pm On May 21, 2021
yassjib:
You are a fool for telling your husband to wash plate in your restaurant just because he soea not have a job.. Instead of you discussing it with him at home. I swear if I am your husband I will do more than that slap. That's how you women will gradually turn you husband to a alive... Its very bad of you

U for use this power wer you take type this towards the whites for turning our ancestors into slaves.

Oh I don forget say fulani, boko haram and general buhari still dey. SO GO USE THIS FRUSTRATION TOWARDS THEM coolcoolcool

Lollittaa where you at?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 21, 2021
MOVIC6:
This one na children. So you dey drive suv and ur wife dey sell mama put, you no dey shame..?
Suv jam u therr..

Well you're limitation of your reasoning, what i am saying is essence is naa poor husband women dey give division of labour.
FIY i have a non related uncle in IB that drives a lexus460 his wife sells food on ring road to nite crawlers.
The woman i buy my food stuff from, her husband works in an insurance firm he drives a muscle camry & owns a bungalow.
You don't understand life cos dem still dey feed you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by remsonik(f): 11:52pm On May 21, 2021
Stupid man, my father self pounds yam, make amala and will do all house chores for us with no pride in but love and care. Yet he be Oga engineer, whenever he no get contract to handle or travel around the country he sits home with us in love and care with full respect for my mom and his kids.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Lady Taken To Osun to take oath Before Leaving Nigeria Has Been Found / Photo Of Emese Doktor With Her Husband And Son / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.