Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,742 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67350 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 3:04pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
You don't have a husband, no real man assaults a woman over such issues.

Thank you! The first sane comment here. He should have instead told her that she shouldn't talk to him like that. That it's insulting. He needs to learn how to communicate properly.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Elliot2(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2021
ghettochild:

Your husband is a foolish men with zero ego
Bro, how far? It is me, that Bayelsa guy for that health stuff.
P.s. The man is a real man.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by wirinet(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2021
Teaveapoet:
You don't have a husband madam.
But as it is now. Just take care of your children. Do the little you can do. Don't overstress yourself.
She did not have a husband, but the man opened a restaurant for her and still goes there to assist or keep her company when he became unemployed. Abi, he became less than a husband because he lost his job?

When You marry shout out load twice that he should wash the plates in public and see if you will have a husband.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by detectivejones: 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
I think it is wise to be sensitive to people's mood plus manner of approach is key
The way she asked him to, is what resulted in the slap at least she would have asked for his assistance in private, his action was to prove to people around he was still the "niggar in charge"
Secondly, she might have asked politely, but over thinking and frustration made the man interpret it wrongly resulting in the slap
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by tollyboy5(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
Godada:

The man in question is at a very vulnerable point in life. I think you pissed him off. The level of understanding between the both of you would have smoothened any rancour here. You hurt his pride
Sent her husband to wash plate because he has no money. Un top shop wey eim open 4 u.

Marriage to ladies is just poverty elevating scheme and marriage is overhyped

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by IamAsiri: 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
Babara1994:

Shut ur smelling mouth there. If your husband tells you in public to take off ur pant and let him bang ur pussy, would you do it because he is ur husband?
You can say the same thing in different ways. You women have no sense.

Uncle! It is such an immature thing to say "you women have no sense" and also unbecoming of you to use foul language for someone only merely aired her opinion. And as for comparing that your analogy with hers, they are not and will never be the same. However, the manner in which she could have suggested that the man wash the dishes may not have gone well with the husband (probably due to the tone, the loudness of the voice, the then state of the husband's mental wellbeing etc). Plus, if her husband is not the type that loves to help like some men and unlike some men, then he might have felt slighted.

It is difficult to judge this situation because we are not privy to all these elements.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
Elporo:

Nah thunder go fire you las las.

A man with no pride is no man.

Real men burnt down Troy.
Real men built the Egytian pyramids.
Real men took over Red Indian territory to birth America.

If they where busy doing dishes, I wonder if you would be able to read or write.

Pride has been the down fall of many men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BRATISLAVA: 3:06pm On May 21, 2021
Patrotism:
Madam, go after your husband.
Don't break your home because of this little set back.

If your wife slapped you after you told her to do something since she's free to do it, would you go after her in the manner you're implying?

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Paretomaster1(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2021
Cinema4d:
He does not have a job?

Obviously you did not read the article....
Stop disgracing ur ancestors...
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Stanfeelings: 3:08pm On May 21, 2021
Some for, some against.
But for me, if thats where u guys feed, knowing how thing are, he should have opted to help without being prompted.
another things is, with what tone did u talk to him? and did u tell him that publicly?
despite all, he was very wrong to slap u publicly...very wrong and embarrassing.
He is feeling his manly ego bruised, but he took it too far.
now he abandoned his family, for who? if u decide to leave as he left, whatsup? some men can be insensitive and callous. what if u were doing nothing, all would have still been on his head.
but all the same, avoid him, dont call again. talk to his family and let them see things as it is. accept any blames, apologise if need be, but tell them he has to hustle and be a man. keep trying tho. God be with u all

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Monman56: 3:08pm On May 21, 2021
Did you do something wrong?

Yes. I believe the way you asked though it might not be your fault due to pressure, but the truth is Men like responsibility. Every man likes to be charge and responsible for the family especially in areas of finances. So they feel down or disappointed when they can't which is the case here. So issues that reminds him of his limitations stir up anger not really because of what you said, I can bet that if the man was still very rich he wouldn't see it as an insult but now it is. So such issues are sensitive and should be handled with care.

Again it's clear this is not the first time, anger usually build up and that's what happen, see what he said "when I get a job", meaning either consciously or unconsciously you rubbed it in.

The Man on the other hand has anger issues because some men would walk away rather than hit her.

This is my opinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BRATISLAVA: 3:08pm On May 21, 2021
bepositive11:

Thank you! The first sane comment here. He should have instead told her that she shouldn't talk to him like that. That it's insulting. He needs to learn how to communicate properly.

If this isn't more high fantasy from the stable of fiction writers on an agenda.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Arizona1: 3:08pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
It's you that'll die of poverty. Can you just shut up?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nwibii: 3:08pm On May 21, 2021
grin grin grin that's what read ooo

richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bablon20(m): 3:09pm On May 21, 2021
You must have been insulting ur husband before this very incident, maybe d last incident was d umpteenth time that you have been belittling him because the washing of plates shouldn't be the reason why he'll pack out of the house. Tell us what really happened.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by kennylesy122(m): 3:09pm On May 21, 2021
Gbest90:

Na Wa o. This kind comment dey cos headache. undecided

Make una dey try use pidgin na. No be by force to speak English. tongue

You sha understand Wetin I wrote ba ?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ephemia: 3:10pm On May 21, 2021
Everyone deserves his or her respect. It depends on how you said it. If he slaps you in public that means you said it in public
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by felix10(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2021
I feel for the lady.

The man joblessness is not an excuse not to assist the wife in such manner.

What stopped the man working with the wife for the expansion of the business,where both of them can partner together since he is jobless.

And he can still continue his job hunting.
After all in my area,there is a restaurant called Toko/Taya cool inn and restaurant.Which is operated by both husband and wife.They cook all manner of food and people like us eat from there.

Whatever work we engage in,the endpoint is to make money as long as is a legitimate business.

I will advise the lady to search for him and apologize to him, discuss the possibility of running the place together and if he says no,she should get a helper who can assist her in the restaurant.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by gbagyiza: 3:10pm On May 21, 2021
Madam take my advice, apologies to him n persuade him to come home. You suppose to study n understand the kind of man you have all these years before asking him to help u wash the plates. Some men are not comfortable with that while some will gladly do it. Every man has what he can tolerate n what he can't. Your actions showed u don't understand your husband even after staying with him for sometime. Marraige works when there is mutual understanding between a wife n her husband. Don't copy what works for other women n apply it to your husband because it may not work for you.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Abyounghammed(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2021
That's the problem I have with women in general, when table turn to their side them go dey feel like BUHARI

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Paretomaster1(m): 3:10pm On May 21, 2021
It should have been a mutual discussion at home, like... " Honey, why don't you let us run the restaurant together" or will u mind helping out at the restaurant "?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Yansham: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
The more reason I don't stress myself over a woman's demand. Past tense no dey dere dictionary.

The most annoying statement they make when you can't meet up with their demands is "What have you even done for me?"

The
Princedapace:

Im sure she spoke to him rudely. If u read carefully, u will notice that the woman is already seeing the man as a lazy man. There is something about women, they forget all the good things u have done for them too fast.

He wasn't lazy when he saved up and open a shop for her. Abi u think it is easy to work, feed family, meet a woman's needs and still have capital to open a business for someone. He wasn't lazy. So, since the woman is seeing him as being lazy and unproductive, she must have spoken to him a rude way. U don't tell ur husband to wash plates in front of ur customers. Come on. He will always feel that u are doing that becus he lost his source of income.

She could have whispered to him and make a for such activity outside the sight of the customers. She could have gotten a sales girl/boy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nwibii: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
grin grin grin ;funny dude. So u want the MSN to blind her eyes?

fuckingAyaya:
U can still see well to type the man no slap you well

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Amorprincesa24: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
Exactly! He shouldn't even be told to support. He is supposed to know that he should help her.

Proud man! His ego will affect him.

But if he travels out na! E go go dey wash plate.
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by carbon1224(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
Washing the plate is not really a problem but how the woman take talk am for her husband will trigger the anger.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Baba that nah financial support; you've also got psychological and physical support, which you've not provided.

But seriously, assaulting your wife or any woman over something you can talk over nah beta male behaviour.

You are very stupid. Them suppose behead you

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by tabaski: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
U can still see well to type the man no slap you well
u wicked aswear grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Stanfeelings: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate
But he will eat from there? his kids will be catered for from there too. couldnt he swallow his pride and help her out?! what did he even come there to do? maybe the wife acted on impulse, without much thought to ask for his help, any good loving and supportive man wont mind.
Now he has run away? leaving his kids for whom? blocking ur wife? what if there is an emergency, what would she do? sometimes we should negate sentiments and face the real facts...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by tollyboy5(m): 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
You don't have a husband, no real man assaults a woman over such issues.
Lolz that slap is a result of true love. I will not slap her and we will never be 2geda ever.

In fact let my ancestor put mouth, it'll change nothing .
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 21, 2021
Hardgun:
That's very bad telling your husband to wash plate

You are just a lazy man for saying this!!!!there is dignity in labour.
This generation of men are just so lazy, egoistic and ungrateful.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by observanc1: 3:12pm On May 21, 2021
Cinema4d:
He does not have a job?
did u read the story?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 21, 2021
Cinema4d:
He does not have a job?

Didn’t you read the write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Lady Taken To Osun to take oath Before Leaving Nigeria Has Been Found / Photo Of Emese Doktor With Her Husband And Son / For How Long Should An Engagement Ring Be Worn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.