Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67408 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by IRALIFE(f): 3:30pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

I payed 100k to rent a shop

I payed an extra 100 k to buy plastic chairs, table and accessories for interior

I bought gas stove, microwave, cutlery, and food stuff almost 100k

Gave the wife another 100k working capital

All in all I spent 500k on a business venture or $1200 USD on a business venture I earned zero Kobo from( 1.2k is minimum wage of hard labour in USA) and annual income in Nigeria

Yet I am told to wash plates for the customers and I should not get angry and slap the person degrading me because I want to be a real man

I won't slap her , I'll take over my business with receipt and proof of payments I made starting up the business, I'll start washing the damn plates and keeping my profits for my damn self, for 50k I'll get an excellent cook in Lagos and run a proper business, let her go and ask her father and elders in their village to wash plate after buying her plates and business so she can survive

I don't understand you o. Since she took over providing for the family, she couldn't pay her staff and they all left. She had to do it all alone.

It should be a family business. In fact if he helped, the business will boom more and they will have more finance for the family.

She didn't need to ask him sef, he should have just blended in. It's not demeaning. They are a team.

I don't know the manner she asked though. Probably she asked rudely. Whatever it was, I think he should have spoken to her about that rather than slap her.

Ego doesn't pay bills. You can imagine he ran away now and left the woman to take care of the children. She is also running the shop alone. Who would help to pick the children from school at least? Would she have to close shop to do that thereby loosing some customers and money in the process.

When his friend is tired of him, he will come back home and be the man he should be, addressing the main issues.

Sincerely, I understand that he's feeling bad that he can no longer take care of his family through his business. However, in times like this, he should encourage himself.

Thank God he set up the business before. Invariably, he is the one still providing for the home. He should join hands with her to make the business bloom. If he sees it this way, he will be at peace.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by SmartyPants(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2021
This story is an obvious work of fiction.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Wanny20(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2021
Is possible the tone, manner or expression you should was bad which you might not be putting here for us to read to make sound judgement.

I wouldn't do that if I were him, seeing you struggling to get things done as I walked in is enough for me to ask if I can be of help..
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by TheRedpillguy: 3:31pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
Its better to die a grasshopper than to take orders from a woman

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

Hunger in my own bloody establishment.... I will trash her and take my business kicking her to the street

Let her also hustle for money and start a fucking business, her father can give her money and wash plates

Mama_put is establishment you are making mouth with? He is a lazy man and too proud.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by adebwalex(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

Assuming Is me, I will remove my belt trouser and flog the hell out if you since you want disgrace me in present of your customers. That is the comment that will be coming out of some people mouth. Thou, wife you are wrong dont you have an helper that assist you. Abi na only you dey do the whole work? You better go find your husband and apologize to him for your inappropriate action.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Coldie(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2021
Longman8:
Make una no 4get say the woman had to multi-task as a result, she resorted to pleading 4 help from her husband. Haba na, she be human being fa. Lets call a spade a spade.
They are just talking. I have run a business before a bar to be precise, during peak periods sth as little as u waste time to serve customer can make them leave then imagine where u want to leave all of them to go and start washing plates, when other places are available where they have same food and sales girls washing plates.

The man owes her an apology, some women if u leave them, they will close down that business come home stay with u and make it a living hell to the extent that u will be contemplating suicide or to go and steal, yet she still tried her best for the family. You only had one job it's not like u do it all the time it's just for the period, help her wash d plates at the backyard while she cooks, cleans attends to customers etc. You vex.

Or is it the woman that scammed him of his money?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 21, 2021
TheRedpillguy:

Its better to die a grasshopper than to take orders from a woman

But you take orders from your mum,madam and landlady..hahahaha

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Ishilove: 3:33pm On May 21, 2021
She is not saying the whole truth. Self deception is the worst kind of deception
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by zedegit: 3:34pm On May 21, 2021
Jeon:

He's not romantic and caring.

That's why I hate people with pride and ego

A nairalander will say: "I can't like what I hate."

If it were at home, it would have been different but to do it publicly wasn't right. Besides it was a transfer of aggression.

Has the wife ever told him that before he lost his job?

One thing about women is never start what you can't finish to avoid 'see finish'.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by madridsta007(m): 3:34pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

Women that suddenly become tyrannts and slavedrivers because their husband, previously working, is financially down due to job issues worry me.
Was your "loving" husband a tyrannt when he was working and footing the bill and you were just benefiting?
When is the two now, "one"?
Why do y'all suddenly turn disrespectful? why?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by elisho: 3:35pm On May 21, 2021
I need to bye that man drink he did well
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Adetayo1978(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2021
You deserved it.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by TheRedpillguy: 3:35pm On May 21, 2021
Ninisun:

But you take orders from your mum,madam and landlady..hahahaha
Am a landlord stupid. I don't have madam, I run my own company. Rest
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by wirinet(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2021
Coldie:

That's because that's a different scenario, so if the business was ab eating bar where she attends to customers while frying the donuts, if while customers are many she tells u look this donut while I sell for them, there are men who will still find it offensive.

To them they will say I no blame, u, u look me finish tell me to dae fry donut for u.

Even thing is about approach. Before my wife got help, whenever she needs my help, she would call (my office is not too far away) and say "babe, I have to go out, please come and help me look thd donuts or the meat pies) or even to attend to customers. I will tell her to give me 5 mins and I would be there. No if the shop is crowded and she screams " come fry the donuts", I will ignore her. If she screams louder, "I am talking to you, come and fry the donuts", all hell would break loose.

Washing plates in public is a no no for me. I could do that at home if situation demands, but never in public.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Obagreatdatoye(m): 3:35pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

I payed 100k to rent a shop

I payed an extra 100 k to buy plastic chairs, table and accessories for interior

I bought gas stove, microwave, cutlery, and food stuff almost 100k

Gave the wife another 100k working capital

All in all I spent 500k on a business venture or $1200 USD on a business venture I earned zero Kobo from( 1.2k is minimum wage of hard labour in USA) and annual income in Nigeria

Yet I am told to wash plates for the customers and I should not get angry and slap the person degrading me because I want to be a real man

I won't slap her , I'll take over my business with receipt and proof of payments I made starting up the business, I'll start washing the damn plates and keeping my profits for my damn self, for 50k I'll get an excellent cook in Lagos and run a proper business, let her go and ask her father and elders in their village to wash plate after buying her plates and business so she can survive

You are very intelligent...kudos
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Hotshisha: 3:36pm On May 21, 2021
IRALIFE:

I don't understand you o. Since she took over providing for the family, she couldn't pay her staff and they all left. She had to do it all alone.

It should be a family business. In fact if he helped, the business will boom more and they will have more finance for the family.

She didn't need to ask him sef, he should have just blended in. It's not demeaning. They are a team.

I don't know the manner she asked though. Probably she asked rudely. Whatever it was, I think he should have spoken to her about that rather than slap her.

Ego doesn't pay bills. You can imagine he ran away now and left the woman to take care of the children. She is also running the shop alone. Who would help to pick the children from school at least? Would she have to close shop to do that thereby loosing some customers and money in the process.

When his friend is tired of him, he will come back home and be the man he should be, addressing the main issues.

Sincerely, I understand that he's feeling bad that he can no longer take care of his family through his business. However, in times like this, he should encourage himself.

Thank God he set up the business before. Invariably, he is the one still providing for the home. He should join hands with her to make the business bloom. If he sees it this way, he will be at peace.

You sef reason the way you stated and articulated your point why wasthing the plate is good and in the overall intrest of the family... That's acceptable

But me walking into a place I paid my blood and sweat to set up and my wife tells me pointing rudely to the dishes to wash because some juvenile yahoo boys want to eat...

Honestly slapping her would be the nicest thing my aunt, mother, sisters would do to her if they see such
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Whatshallido: 3:36pm On May 21, 2021
You are wrong by telling your husband to wash plates for you while you serve your customers .
If you are in lagos, it is better you quickly reach your husband through his families or friends and apologized to him, tell him to come back home, that you wouldn't do it again, before those Lagos babes snatched him from you oooo.
Because those Lagos babes, i mean working class babes don't really care weather your husband is working or not, they will clean him up and offer him a good job. Those girls are really desperate to get a man and marry. And when it happens the man will not even think about you any more. I'm talking from experience.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Qatar2022: 3:36pm On May 21, 2021
Franzinni:
Pride is the devil

Jcole-
So you will wash the plate in this manner she say it?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by walozanga(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
undecided

That's not the full story

Once a man losses his source of income women become rude , unappreciative and wicked

Even if you ask Buhari to wash plates with proper manners he would gladly do that but ungrateful Nigerian women are something else

If she get home training , there are a lot of good ways she can even go about him helping her out at the restaurant.
U see restaurant, and beer parlor female owners na their lifestyle be this.
WHEN THEY GO DEY OVER LAUGH , AND PLAY WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS.. THEM GO FORGET SAY THEM DONE MARRY. IMAGINE WEYTIN SHE OPEN MOUTH TALK FOR PUBLIC. (MADAM PEPPER-SOUP)

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by GorillaApp(m): 3:37pm On May 21, 2021
CalmElder:
It would have been better if you guys discussed about him helping out at the restaurant at home, intead of you taking him by surprise, in front of other people.
I once worked for a baker whose husband wasn't working, the kind of errands she used to send the man in front of everyone ehn, he will first look at people's eyes, in discomfort before shamefully carrying it out. The guy will become unnecessarily angry at his wife's workers at the slightest mistake, just to show that he's in charge.
Being broke around women, even your sisters, can be depressing.
Your last paragraph says it all. Once you go broke, that loving woman becomes a beast.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Qatar2022: 3:37pm On May 21, 2021
Jeon:

Keep on fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Hotshisha: 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
Ninisun:

Mama_put is establishment you are making mouth with? He is a lazy man and too proud.

This is Nigeria, even a mere indomie or Suya stand cost money to setup... If it was cheap let her father set her up and still come to wash plates his brothers can sweep also

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Coldie(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
The reason I beleive the woman didn't talk to him rudely and the man just assaulted her out of pride is a woman that's rude that's providing for the house, if u slap her like that she go change am for u 2 seconds, if customers talk anything she will tell them mind ur business

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by nedekid: 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

In public too grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by erinatso: 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
Jeon:
bobo talk
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Archtype(m): 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

And the funniest thing is that she has workers oo
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by getbizy: 3:38pm On May 21, 2021
Gbest90:

Na Wa o. This kind comment dey cos headache. undecided

Make una dey try use pidgin na. No be by force to speak English. tongue

I think say na only me see am grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Frales6(f): 3:39pm On May 21, 2021
that's why they said you should marry your friend, not "am I your mate" husband. for me that shouldn't have been an issue assuming they communicate well. weda na those kind of couples wey dey live like roommate, only sex dey bring dem together. if not the man for use his common sense know say the woman need help and the woman for know how to tell the man. but las las the man for no beat her for public like that except say e get another thing wey dey vex am and he come transfer the aggression to the woman.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Hotshisha: 3:39pm On May 21, 2021
walozanga:

If she get home training , there are a lot of good ways she can even go about him helping her out at the restaurant.
U see restaurant, and beer parlor female owners na their lifestyle be this.
WHEN THEY GO DEY OVER LAUGH , AND PLAY WITH THEIR CUSTOMERS.. THEM GO FORGET SAY THEM DONE MARRY. IMAGINE WEYTIN SHE OPEN MOUTH TALK FOR PUBLIC. (MADAM PEPPER-SOUP)

Sad thing the customer fit be one small Yahoo boy and him babe

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 3:39pm On May 21, 2021
It’s very depressing when a man is passing through life issues like this but no matter how hard life is, he doesn’t have the right to do that nor to do it in public, that’s very uncalled for, yes it looks embarrassing from glory to grass but at this point he should be a helping hand to his wife, infact if he knows how to cook better then let him do the cooking but since he is handicapped at that level, he should do the dishes or do the serving.
“A supportive partner is a RAREGEM, not everyone can understand”.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by praiseneo(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2021
Bad wife I reject your kind

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Husband's Best Friend (pics) / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.