Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,218 members, 7,807,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Should I Give My Adult Child Money? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Give My Adult Child Money? (309 Views)

See How Much I Give My Wife To Cook Food For Us Everyday / Should I Give my working Class Wife Allowance? / Can I Give Up The Marriage At This Stage..pls Advise Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I Give My Adult Child Money? by mutter(f): 5:55pm On May 21, 2021
Some of us actually cripple our children by giving in to all their demands when they are young.
These children grow up entitled and don't have the discipline to strive and fend for themselves later
They keep demanding and demanding and expect you to continue to maintain their life style when they are young adults.
We need to teach children that they can't always have what they wish for.
They have to learn to fend for themselves.
We have to draw a boundary at some point.
I look forward to your comments...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV7J_dO90sI
Re: Should I Give My Adult Child Money? by Or11: 6:13pm On May 21, 2021
I disagree with this mindset. I was spoilt as a kid, I got money when I wanted as soon kid. Sometimes I didn't even have to ask, I open my dad's wallet or moms purse and take the amount I need to buy what I want. Decades later, I'm doing good and fending for myself, sending my parents money and gifts whenever I feel like surprising them.

Look at all the slay queens, most come from homes where either the parents can't afford the things they want or the parents refuse to give them what they want. The boys on the other hand go into different crimes to get money.

Bottom line is if you do not earn a very sufficient amount of money, do not rush to have kids. Do not bring kids to the world to suffer.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BLESSED SEEDS CONCEPTS WASHING MACHINES / Does Anyone Know How One Can Get Christian Cartoons / Ikoyi Marriage Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.