Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru (26883 Views)

Accident Investigation Bureau Confirms Death Of General Attahiru, 7 Others / Late General Attahiru Saluting Buhari At The Airport (Throwback Photo) / Profile Of Major-General Attahiru Ibrahim, The New Chief Of Army Staff (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Gordson: 6:47am On May 22, 2021
akeentech:

People running Nigeria, 7 Hausa/Fulani 6 Yoruba.
They marginalized igbos even in death
Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by nograv: 6:49am On May 22, 2021
ridwanlawal:
All crew members from a particular tribe
RIP to the dead

Dont you believe in one Nigeria? cheesy

It is pure chance that they are all members of one group wink
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by nograv: 6:54am On May 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
That's not the case. I suspect sabotage...have you forgotten the preceeding airforce jets crashes...the one in abuja and that of maiduguri?

Our government can't be trusted. They lie alot. You can imagine them saying the jet crashed during a heavy rain whereas, someone just said there was no heavy rain in kaduna. They'd just say something to make people think it was caused by bad weather. The plane exploded in the air... an eye witnes said so. Had the bad weather been an issue or its possible cause, the COAS would have been advised not to fly or the jet diverts its course, worst case scenario.

I don't trust this government.

I remember Arotile's case as well. How can a car reverse on a road with speed bumps mounted at intervals, now hit someone and the person would die just like that when she wasn't lying on the floor and got run over by the car? Common!

I also remember when abacha was in power and he wanted to eliminate our uncle Gen Diya his second in command then. Thank God for that brave and loyal officer who hinted General Diya of the heinous plans of abacha( may his soul rot in hell) . Abacha had sent a delegation to mourn General Diya family even when the plane had not been reported crashed. He sent a team to commiserate with his family shortly after take off of the plane which eventually crashed as plotted. Gen Diya had to divert his course to a hostel where he was watching his death announced on NTA.

I thought I was the only one who thought of that event. Ahh Abacha may he burn in hell
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by boxypane(m): 6:56am On May 22, 2021
ridwanlawal:
RIP to the dead
Must you be sentimental.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Burruchaga71(m): 7:00am On May 22, 2021
Allahu alkba
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Gokoyer0(m): 7:00am On May 22, 2021
I need to remind you that this is Nigeria Where nothing works. They will sweep everything under the carpets as usual.
These gallant soldiers were all killed!
dahmie2013:
This is unacceptable. That airplane was sabotaged. They need to investigate. These are top security guys, dey will not just enter any airplane. angry sad
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Nobody: 7:03am On May 22, 2021
Creditalerts:
Repair roads use land them no go gree,no where is safe ,rip to the dead .
Kidnappers dey wait for road
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by SpatialKing(m): 7:04am On May 22, 2021
Joel3:
Umm. About 5-6 yoruba on the aircraft.

Anyway they are mainly the Crew in the flights.
Will you keep quiet... There is no Igbo officer because the late General just like President Buhari does not believe Igbos deserve any opportunity talk less of being with him on the same plane. Don't be surprised he only uses Igbo officers as drivers and domestic officials
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by VanBommel(m): 7:08am On May 22, 2021
Amotolongbo:
The fact that no single Igbo in his crew speaks something about him
every disappointment is a blessing.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by 8stargeneral: 7:11am On May 22, 2021
Good radiance,My beloved Igbo brothers,God will always fight our battle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by DedeNkem: 7:13am On May 22, 2021
semyman:
IBB was Abiola's Best Friend in the Military. His son was also in love with with IBB's daughter, they were going to get married!

Abiola sponsored, financially, the Coup that brought in IBB and removed BUHARI because IBB fooled everyone including Awolowo family and friends that BUHARI was a wicked man...

IBB was the 3rd Most Powerful man in General BUHARI’s Government.... He was the Chief of Army Staff, he was the one who ordered the military to ransack Awolowo's Home and told Awolowo that General BUHARI gave the directive, Taciturn GMB failed woefully to defend himself, like he has always been, GMB does not talk...

Unfortunately for everyone, IBB was a death warrant for everyone including the Journalists and Human Right Activists who wrote and talked GMB out of power... And IBB came on board!!!!

IBB destroyed the Press. It was his tenure that introduced Bomb Letter to Nigeria Politics, and the Target was the Press. Dele Giwa a foremost Journalist was killed in his dining while he was eating with Kayode Soyinka who narrowly escaped death!!!

Corruption was institutionalized and many people disappeared without a trace... Yet, IBB always appeared on TV with a glowing smile as if all was well.

And Abiola became a critic of his friend, all of a sudden. Abiola was mad when IBB closed down UNILAG for 1 year, he described IBB government as ridiculous and dictatorial....

Abiola, despite several warnings from his late wife and Sheik Adams in Agege (of blessed memory), decided to go into full politics instead of sponsoring people to power who turned out to be a disaster.

He said under his government no Nigerian would go to bed on empty stomach!!!! FAREWELL TO POVERTY he called his Manifesto.

Abiola ran a fantastic campaign, he went to all parts of Nigeria, met with all groups, all organizations. Nigerians responded by voting overwhelmingly for him.

Remove the SOUTHWEST votes from the entire votes, Abiola won, remove the entire Southern votes and count only the North Votes or Vice versa , Abiola won.

On June 12 1993, rain didn't fall at any part of Nigeria. It was the freest, fairest and most peaceful, most credible election in African Continent!!!

Sikiru Ayinde Barrister sang "Hausa cast his vote for Abiola, Igbo cast his vote for Abiola, Yoruba cast his vote for Abiola but instead of giving Moshood his Mandate to fix Nigeria for us, it is the grammar of Annulment that came to the world..."

IBB, Buhari’s Chief of Army Staff and Abiola's Bossom Friend and Would be in-law who Abiola helped to oust Buhari, made a National Broadcast on June 23, 1993 where he said the Armed Forces Ruling Council under him has annulled June 12 Election and MKO Abiola has been banned from politics!!!!

Abiola struggled to retrieve his mandate until he was killed in a custody inside Aso Rock under the Government of Abdulsalami Abubakar in 1998!!!

17 years after, the same BUHARI came to power in what looks like a Divine Destiny that God has determined not allow anyone truncate... That is why Yoruba said "The World cannot Change Destiny but they can only delay it..."!!!!

20 years after Abiola's death, President Muhammadu Buhari conferred the Highest Honor in the land(GCFR) reserved for Presidents on MKO Abiola, he didn't stop there, he proclaimed June 12 as Democracy Day in Nigeria!!!

Unprecedented in our history especially in a country where Vindictiveness is a way of life.

I've never seen any African leader, apart from Nelson Mandela, who forgive his enemies at a time when the power of revenge is in his kitty!!!

I was at that event, I wept. Soyinka was fighting tears..... Hafsat Abiola stood up on behalf of MKO Family to openly apologize for whatever sin his dad must have committed against Buhari. At that time, PMB was beginning to fight tears too!!!

President Muhammadu Buhari, God that sees your heart and gave you victory over the monsters and evil men who think Nigeria is their personal property, that same GOD will be with you until the end of your tenure in 2023. Amen ��

I should have known this was a post praising Buhari, the dead-man-walking!

Let me pop your bubble. Buhari was actually pressurized to honor Abiola and proclaim June 12 as Democracy Day in Nigeria! That's a fact.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by tonididdy(m): 7:19am On May 22, 2021
ridwanlawal:
RIP to the dead
I'm not surprised.
Usually these aboki don't leave spaces for other regions when it comes to recruitment process into these forces (all forces unless police).
If this was a planned attack, then the Yoruba lives were the best pawns, they def not sacrifice their northern brothers

PS: this is my speculation
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by tonididdy(m): 7:26am On May 22, 2021
DedeNkem:

I should have known this was a post praising Buhari, the dead-man-walking!

Let me pop your bubble. Buhari was actually pressurized to honor Abiola and proclaim June 12 as Democracy Day in Nigeria! That's a fact.
That's what he used to deceive the gullible west for a 2nd term reelection

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by midehi2(f): 7:30am On May 22, 2021
Olominira:

How I wish the last paragraph wasnt included
Inshort i weak for the last paragraph, he just destroyed his piece of work cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Seebrian(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2021
We are yet to have a nation. With the tragedy on ground, Nigerians are speaking from different direction. Anyway, may their souls rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Rolly22(m): 7:33am On May 22, 2021
mejai:

Such a beautiful write-up that I almost shed tears. But the last paragraph eh, na to stone the writer sef grin

Na Idiot E be imagine I read to the end just to be disappointed by the last paragraph.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by 77up(m): 7:34am On May 22, 2021
Kandeed:
Dem just use my Yoruba people as sacrificial lamb.....what's on Earth is going on why can't this crash just be Fulani problem??
The problem is how many Fulani are educated to be in that kind of setting.
They can only function well in ranch undecided

Rest in peace to the dead cry
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by end1999constitu(m): 7:35am On May 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Wow! Terrible!

My people don too suffer casualties for military air mishap in recent times ...from abuja airforce jet crash to the maiduguri air force jet crash and now, another one in Kaduna....all happening within 90 days. I smell a rat

What's happening? shocked

Maybe it's true that this ungun known men sorry, unmen gun know what's this sef unknown men gun is the cause

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Nobody: 7:44am On May 22, 2021
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Nobody: 7:47am On May 22, 2021
The whole joy about it his death was that he does fighting for a Nation

"Thy labour of our heros past"

Our unity is non negotiable. Any one can bring it on....just be aware you going head-to-head with a Nation.

All is fare In war! Israel reminded the world.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by delivryboy: 8:03am On May 22, 2021
ridwanlawal:
RIP to the dead
Tribe tribe and tribe has eaten off our logic. Low African brain.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by delivryboy: 8:04am On May 22, 2021
Kandeed:
Dem just use my Yoruba people as sacrificial lamb.....what's on Earth is going on why can't this crash just be Fulani problem??
The tolerant people are at it again rejoicing over people’s deaths.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Connected1: 8:16am On May 22, 2021
SMH I wished it was Buratai.
So many natives died under that evil fellow abi na puppet.
Thank God Desmond Elliot isn't a Military Head, because they are like terms, ruled by Godfathers.
When will my wish come through.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by ogwumgbe: 8:17am On May 22, 2021
Bukasint:
Igboless crash..lol
God knows how to save my igbo people... Chaiiiiiiii another wonder's of God ooooooo
RIP to the Dead.

God will deal with them one by one, the useless COAS has declared shoot at sight on Biafran land from 29th of May, but now he's not alive to carry out his diabolic evil plan against the people of God, may his soul perish and burn perpetually in hell. I pity my Southern brothers that follow these cursed wicked souls around. May their souls rest in peace anyway but they should try by all means to segregate themselves from these Fulani cursed people that God has already decided to send judgement on

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Connected1: 8:20am On May 22, 2021
semyman:
IBB was Abiola's Best Friend in the Military. His son was also in love with with IBB's daughter, they were going to get married!

Abiola sponsored, financially, the Coup that brought in IBB and removed BUHARI because IBB fooled everyone including Awolowo family and friends that BUHARI was a wicked man...

IBB was the 3rd Most Powerful man in General BUHARI’s Government.... He was the Chief of Army Staff, he was the one who ordered the military to ransack Awolowo's Home and told Awolowo that General BUHARI gave the directive, Taciturn GMB failed woefully to defend himself, like he has always been, GMB does not talk...

Unfortunately for everyone, IBB was a death warrant for everyone including the Journalists and Human Right Activists who wrote and talked GMB out of power... And IBB came on board!!!!

IBB destroyed the Press. It was his tenure that introduced Bomb Letter to Nigeria Politics, and the Target was the Press. Dele Giwa a foremost Journalist was killed in his dining while he was eating with Kayode Soyinka who narrowly escaped death!!!

Corruption was institutionalized and many people disappeared without a trace... Yet, IBB always appeared on TV with a glowing smile as if all was well.

And Abiola became a critic of his friend, all of a sudden. Abiola was mad when IBB closed down UNILAG for 1 year, he described IBB government as ridiculous and dictatorial....

Abiola, despite several warnings from his late wife and Sheik Adams in Agege (of blessed memory), decided to go into full politics instead of sponsoring people to power who turned out to be a disaster.

He said under his government no Nigerian would go to bed on empty stomach!!!! FAREWELL TO POVERTY he called his Manifesto.

Abiola ran a fantastic campaign, he went to all parts of Nigeria, met with all groups, all organizations. Nigerians responded by voting overwhelmingly for him.

Remove the SOUTHWEST votes from the entire votes, Abiola won, remove the entire Southern votes and count only the North Votes or Vice versa , Abiola won.

On June 12 1993, rain didn't fall at any part of Nigeria. It was the freest, fairest and most peaceful, most credible election in African Continent!!!

Sikiru Ayinde Barrister sang "Hausa cast his vote for Abiola, Igbo cast his vote for Abiola, Yoruba cast his vote for Abiola but instead of giving Moshood his Mandate to fix Nigeria for us, it is the grammar of Annulment that came to the world..."

IBB, Buhari’s Chief of Army Staff and Abiola's Bossom Friend and Would be in-law who Abiola helped to oust Buhari, made a National Broadcast on June 23, 1993 where he said the Armed Forces Ruling Council under him has annulled June 12 Election and MKO Abiola has been banned from politics!!!!

Abiola struggled to retrieve his mandate until he was killed in a custody inside Aso Rock under the Government of Abdulsalami Abubakar in 1998!!!

17 years after, the same BUHARI came to power in what looks like a Divine Destiny that God has determined not allow anyone truncate... That is why Yoruba said "The World cannot Change Destiny but they can only delay it..."!!!!

20 years after Abiola's death, President Muhammadu Buhari conferred the Highest Honor in the land(GCFR) reserved for Presidents on MKO Abiola, he didn't stop there, he proclaimed June 12 as Democracy Day in Nigeria!!!

Unprecedented in our history especially in a country where Vindictiveness is a way of life.

I've never seen any African leader, apart from Nelson Mandela, who forgive his enemies at a time when the power of revenge is in his kitty!!!

I was at that event, I wept. Soyinka was fighting tears..... Hafsat Abiola stood up on behalf of MKO Family to openly apologize for whatever sin his dad must have committed against Buhari. At that time, PMB was beginning to fight tears too!!!

President Muhammadu Buhari, God that sees your heart and gave you victory over the monsters and evil men who think Nigeria is their personal property, that same GOD will be with you until the end of your tenure in 2023. Amen ��
How much Buhari dae pay you sef?
Useless Baggar.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by petluvsu(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2021
NEMESIS WILL DEFINITELY OCCUR THE LAW OF D ZANGA
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Nobody: 8:38am On May 22, 2021
chai bad news.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by tishbite41(m): 8:46am On May 22, 2021
Lol

Una for deny am
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by AuroraBrls: 8:47am On May 22, 2021
Na even now l look the list well.

Na Yoruba be the driver of the plane

Na Hausa/Fulani be the Oga Kpatakpata Passenger.

I pity any Easterner wey be the mechanic or car washer or fuel buyer of this plane that crashed. Prepare your defence against allegations like sabotage, etc

Marginalisation saved Easterners truly, this time.
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by LaReinaa(f): 8:48am On May 22, 2021
That plane was obviously sabotaged.. the COAS prolly discovered something he wasn’t supposed to know but that’s non of my business!

Btw, whoever wrote that trash I read up there and decided to end it with that dumb paragraph does not have sense!
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by Eriokanmi: 9:08am On May 22, 2021
spendoon:

Sir!
There was have rain in kaduna.
My friend living in Krumin maashi said so...and if that was true, why was the COAS not advised before flying ? Whats the job of the meteorologists and those in charge of forecast? What's bad if the flight diverted its course ? I have lots of questions in my mind
Re: Nigerian Army confirms death of General Attahiru by ogwumgbe: 9:09am On May 22, 2021
delivryboy:

The tolerant people are at it again rejoicing over people’s deaths.

Why won't they rejoice on the death of the idiot that gave shoot at sight order to them and even boasted that any human report would come to his table. Now he has to receive those human rights report in hell where his wicked soul is burning in the deepest and darkest place of hell. This is a lesson to these useless people in power boasting that they will do this or that. God is the ruler of this earth and will always fight for the oppressed and the less privileged.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Advice Nigerians To "Emulate Ibori" At His Birthday Thanksgiving / 16 Rivers PDP Guber Aspirants Spit Fire Over PEJ Meddlesome,threaten To Dump PDP / ‘boko Haram Desperate, Recruiting Randomly’ -daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.