Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

My Reaction To Attahiru's Death And His Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Reaction To Attahiru's Death And His Aides (271 Views)

General Attahiru’s Death: Nigeria Going Through Difficult Time – US / Chief-Of-Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru's Death: Video From The Crash Site Emerges / Buratai Hands Over To Attahiru As Chief Of Army Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Reaction To Attahiru's Death And His Aides by BoboNkiti19: 1:42am On May 22, 2021
Firstly I have to make it clear that I'm a proud Igbo man, and contrary to the sadly popular perception that every Igbo person is rejoicing over the unfortunate ill-fated crash that killed those military officers who were serving their nation, I can say for sure I along with so many Igbos are not rejoicing over the tragedy...when the news broke, I prayed for the repose of their souls and I hope they find peace in eternal rest. The truth is that Igbos have suffered too much in this country, even the most pro-Nigerian Igbos who have emotionally and physically invested so much in this nation are not exempt from the needless hate from their so called compatriots... during the wake of the operation python dance back in 2017, I personally know so many Igbos who were against IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu that perished in the hands of soldiers in Umuahia...as a matter of fact, a very close friend of mine (a restaurant owner)whose shop we used to go relax and drink every evening was also killed in the chaos, he was known to be very vocal against the whole Biafran thing as his argument was that Igbos had invested too much in Nigeria to be pushing for secession, I remember how we will have arguments all night about the whole Biafran thing... Ironically the last argument we had was on September 16 2017, he still insisted "One Nigeria" was the best option for Ndigbo... The next day his bloodied dead body greeted our gory sights as he was hit by stray bullets from Soldiers confronting IPOB members close to his shop, he died while rushing to close his shop.

Generations of Igbos have learned to be indifferent to anything about Nigeria, not necessarily out of callousness or lack of empathy, but just cold emotionless indifference to it all. Go to the East and you won't miss out these details in the general atmosphere, mood, and pysche of the Igbos... while everybody is getting all frenzied and frantic about the politics of Nigeria ahead of 2023, the Igbos in the East are just concerned about opening their shops every morning to make money and go relax and drink with the boys and talk about the sales they made for the day, and how they will feed their family etc let's just appreciate the peculiarities of our psyches in Nigeria, don't hate the Igbo man for not caring much about your pains and tragedies cause he knows you won't feel the same for him as well.

3 Likes

Re: My Reaction To Attahiru's Death And His Aides by Difrent: 1:52am On May 22, 2021
Such an emotional write up , may your friend RIP.....but do you think of the over 250 tribes in Nigeria , Ibos have suffered the most? For it to be the ibos that will always want the country to break up especially when things seems not to favour them....it's unfair

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

There Are 4 Major Forces That Determine What Happens Next In Nigeria — Fani-kayo / Kaduna Council Polls: PDP Flags Off Campaign / Top Four Notable Critics Of The Buhari Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.