Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? (6186 Views)

He Gave Birth To Albinos Because He Refused To Worship His Family's Deity / PARADOX: If God Is All Powerful And Omnipresent Then Why Does He Need Angels ??? / Villagers Flock To Worship 5-Legged Mutant Cow In Thailand (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by LordReed(m): 8:17am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

There is nothing to warn, Stupid Satanson.

You Always wish to insult me knowing you can never out manoeuvre me reasonable and fairly as you do with others. So be the Satan that you are and have always been and will always be because you clearly know that you are one of those marked by God for lake of Fire. No hope of eternal life for you.

And typical of Satan, you will not let others have their own or attempt to get it.

So here is your window of opportunity, I give you, take it and fire away Foolish Condemned Wicked Soul!

Fire Away Fool! grin grin

LMFAO! There we go! Bwahahahahaha!

[img]https://media1./images/12fff9fde7b5fa8acc7c431173cfb7cf/tenor.gif?itemid=15365827[/img]
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:20am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:

That moniker you've been communicating with has been nothing but civil with you, but the heat I was giving you blinded you and now you're raving like a mad dog cheesy

That is SatanReed, your brother in Satanness!

He may deceive new folks that he is reasonable and even but we all know that he is the Satan Prowling on Nairaland and it takes is for me to show up and Satanness is Revealed even when I did nothing to stimulate him.

But is Written the Satans are Troubled When The Light of God Shines!
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:21am On May 24, 2021
LordReed:

[img]https://media1./images/12fff9fde7b5fa8acc7c431173cfb7cf/tenor.gif?itemid=15365827[/img]

grin No Road here! grin grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 8:25am On May 24, 2021
[s]
Dtruthspeaker:

That is SatanReed, your brother in Satanness!

He may deceive new folks that he is reasonable and even but we all know that he is the Satan Prowling on Nairaland and it takes is for me to show up and Satanness is Revealed even when I did nothing to stimulate him.

But is Written the Satans are Troubled When The Light of God Shines!

[/s]
Blah blah blah, same old faux piety and sanctimony, nothing new to see here grin tongue

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:30am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:
[s][/s]
Blah blah blah, same old faux piety and sanctimony, nothing new to see here grin tongue

grin of course there is nothing new under the sun, you are all recycles! grin grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Image123(m): 8:31am On May 24, 2021
LordReed:

Find your mate and seniors.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 8:34am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin of course there is nothing new under the sun, you are all recycles! grin grin
Weak retort cheesy

The only recycled thing here is your cóck mal-adapted mother...

If the trollop ever attended antenatal in her previous pregnancies, your birth would have been avoided. But the bîtxh is in the habit of dropping her bastards on the farm field like dogs using cocoyams leaves for delivery mat. cheesy cheesy

That's why you eat halfcooked yams like a forest goat. And purge Nairaland with your inferior heritage. grin

Kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa!!! grin grin

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:

grin I don't see anywhere my "foolishness" was poked at on this thread grin

Of course do the blind Ever See? grin

Can they Ever See? grin

Would they Ever See? grin

That's what it means to be blind, Fool! grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:39am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:

Weak retort cheesy

Fool! Strength is not needed to empty a Waste Basket! grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 8:41am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Of course do the blind Ever See? grin

Can they Ever See? grin

Would they Ever See? grin

That's what it means to be blind, Fool! grin

No they don't cheesy

That's precisely why you can't see your e-blood being splattered accross the thread and you won't have the sense to rein yourself in for the sake of your dignity grin

Tag in your truespeak handle, this isn't even a match grin grin

You have never been able to stand for yourself. Go back to your mother's acidic pussy and be reborn...make sure she treats her staphylococcus so you won't be born brain-damaged this time around.

Blazing Shit-Kisser

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 8:44am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Fool! Strength is not needed to empty a Waste Basket! grin
The fool prides himself in his weakness grin

Thanks for admitting you're inferior to a stray street dog.

The date of your conception coincided with the hike in comdom price; your broke daddy couldn't afford one so he sent you through the dirty tunnel your mother calls pussy in protest grin

Abandoned slave

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by LordReed(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin No Road here! grin grin

LMFAO! You just proved you are just deceiving yourself. Bwahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:54am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:

The date of your conception coincided with the hike in comdom price; your broke daddy couldn't afford one so he sent you through the dirty tunnel your mother calls pussy in protest[ grin

Abandoned slave

grin grin grin
The Lips of A Fool are filled with Cursings and his great rage is as a rustling paper.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:56am On May 24, 2021
LordReed:

LMFAO! You just proved you are just deceiving yourself. Bwahahahahaha!

grin No Road grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by LordReed(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2021
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 9:00am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin grin grin
The Lips of A Fool are filled with Cursings and his great rage is as a rustling paper.
grin grin See how this mumu is unwittingly exposing himself! Abeg what's that saying about one finger pointing forward and four fingers pointing back? grin grin

You're so blinded by the thoughts of outlasting me in a verbal spar you can't see your hypocrisy in living colour laughing back at you grin grin

The hormones of shame was truly missing in your DNA. cheesy

You attract more flies than the shiit of marauding cows. And i thought you were just an unfortunate victim of circumstances until I learnt your father was the chief gormandizer who raped an invalid in the open market square in broad day light who happened to be your mother. grin grin

May the forces of the universe castrate a wingless idiot like you for pretending to be better than a wheelbarrow pusher! grin

Kwakwakwakwakwa!! grin

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:11am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:

grin grin See how this mumu is unwittingly exposing himself! Abeg what's that saying about one finger pointing forward and four fingers pointing back? grin grin

See Fool, You Are Cursed to be Foolish, that's why there is No End to your Foolishness and the time that I Answer Not the Fool in his foolishness as arrived.

So you can do last card and check up Fool Forever, JudasDFoolish! grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 9:18am On May 24, 2021
[s]
Dtruthspeaker:

See Fool, You Are Cursed to be Foolish, that's why there is No End to your Foolishness and the time that I Answer Not the Fool in his foolishness as arrived.

[/s]
grin grin Ah the final bleat of a slaughtered goat! grin grin

Isn't it lovely when your friends come and see the eviscerated Truthspeaker completely subdued and crushed to pieces on the canvas grin

As I said, this was a mismatch from the moment the whistle was blown. Not even your childish antics of using a second moniker could save you from this contretemp cheesy

I shall now leave you while you haunt this ground crestfallenly, looking for your lost dignity. All you'd ever find are the echoes of my sword slashing through your flesh and the rubbles from your broken reputation -- the insignias of a fallen soldier. grin

Kwakwakwakwakwa!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:29am On May 24, 2021
Judas1X:
[s][/s]
grin grin Ah the final bleat of a slaughtered goat! grin grin
grin

Fool! Everything that has a beginning must have an end! grin the Foolishness of JudasiXSatan last till his death! grin
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Judas1X: 9:49am On May 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Dtruthspeaker:

and the time that I Answer Not the Fool in his foolishness as arrived.

Dtruthspeaker:

Fool! Everything that has a beginning must have an end! grin the Foolishness of JudasiXSatan last till his death! grin
grin You were born to suffer disgrace both online and offline. Didn't even take you that long to shoot yourself in the foot grin grin

Kwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwakwa!! grin

2 Likes

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Image123(m): 10:33am On May 24, 2021
kimco:

1. I agree.

2 down to the rest...."Soul" cannot be proven, let's stick to proven phenomena.

You seem to talking about the degree of emotions, not the emotion itself. That's why you keep talking about of measurement. You are looking at one part of the picture.

Most people would have similar emotions given an influencer....the degree of their reaction however will always be different. That's not what we are discussing here. If i want to elicit jealousy, I would introduce an influencer. Now if I want to illicit erratic behaviour from jealous emotions, that would be different. Whether you scream or smile through it all, one can never hide their emotions....there are visual cues that always gives these things away. These are very observable. We miss these cues because we dont tend to look out for them. We rather want to see the bombastic reactions.

This is what i have been trying to say, we cannot subject the ethereal to only physical or scientific. It brings us to the real matter. When we say that a man has a soul, it is a spiritual reality, terminology and classification. The body is the physical part and more or less the container for the soul and spirit. There is an intertwining of sorts however given the fact that it's evidently the same man, one way or the other. It's similar to what we call the Trinity. The God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit concept can be quite challenging if you want it to be.
The Bible authoritatively shows and teaches that the soul of man is the seat of emotions, intellect and the will. It communicates these physically using the human body. A person has emotions, intellect and a will but can be limited to physically demonstrate it. You may want to show your joy, or fury, or intellect, using your legs, or your hands, or your mouth. But if they were tied at that moment or imprisoned, then you cannot. You were limited in expressing them but it did not remove the fact that you had them.
BTW, people hide and control their emotions all the time. It's called deception or self-control. Also everyone does not react the same way, one man's poison is indeed another man's meat. Privilege is an influence(r) for instance. We both agree that some use it and others abuse it. No cues help you predict these things individually and consistently.
In summary, i think the issue is with nomenclature and not with evidence. We all agree on humans having at least emotions and intellect. What we do not completely agree on is the part of the human responsible. Which once again takes us back to the authority of the Bible and what it has to say concerning the part of the human responsible for emotions and intellect.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Image123(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2021
kimco:

That Yahweh can do it?

The many miracles that happened at night in the Bible?
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Felimax(m): 9:05pm On May 24, 2021
kimco:

If God is not bound by time then:

1. Why did God create everything in 6days? "...and there was evening and then there was morning..."

2. Why is that we keep saying "God's time is the best"?

Hopefully i can learn from you.

Hopefully my dear, a lot.
God's action or inaction is bound by time when dealing with man or His creations. We are called mortals also because we are time bound, they are called immortals because they are not bound by time. A little while from now you may not be too sure of your ability to respond to my reply and that you we are incapacitated does not stop people that are capable to kepp giving him praises. Take it from me, the energy you spend to justify your doubts is not worth it.
A little prayer of request for God to feed you with answers will blow you out of proportion.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by kimco(m): 1:31pm On May 25, 2021
Felimax:

Hopefully my dear, a lot.
God's action or inaction is bound by time when dealing with man or His creations. We are called mortals also because we are time bound, they are called immortals because they are not bound by time. A little while from now you may not be too sure of your ability to respond to my reply and that you we are incapacitated does not stop people that are capable to kepp giving him praises. Take it from me, the energy you spend to justify your doubts is not worth it.
A little prayer of request for God to feed you with answers will blow you out of proportion.

I asked this question to stimulate our minds. I didnt require preaching, though i appreciate the tone you used.

Being immortal doesnt mean ine is not time bound. Look beyond it from just the aging aspect. If they have to wait till an appropriate time to do something they are time bound. If they are time bound because of us mortals then they are time bound. No two ways about it.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by kimco(m): 1:33pm On May 25, 2021
Image123:

The many miracles that happened at night in the Bible?
Which of them is on the magnitude of creation of the world?
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by kimco(m): 1:47pm On May 25, 2021
Image123:

This is what i have been trying to say, we cannot subject the ethereal to only physical or scientific. It brings us to the real matter. When we say that a man has a soul, it is a spiritual reality, terminology and classification. The body is the physical part and more or less the container for the soul and spirit. There is an intertwining of sorts however given the fact that it's evidently the same man, one way or the other. It's similar to what we call the Trinity. The God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit concept can be quite challenging if you want it to be.
The Bible authoritatively shows and teaches that the soul of man is the seat of emotions, intellect and the will. It communicates these physically using the human body. A person has emotions, intellect and a will but can be limited to physically demonstrate it. You may want to show your joy, or fury, or intellect, using your legs, or your hands, or your mouth. But if they were tied at that moment or imprisoned, then you cannot. You were limited in expressing them but it did not remove the fact that you had them.
BTW, people hide and control their emotions all the time. It's called deception or self-control. Also everyone does not react the same way, one man's poison is indeed another man's meat. Privilege is an influence(r) for instance. We both agree that some use it and others abuse it. No cues help you predict these things individually and consistently.
In summary, i think the issue is with nomenclature and not with evidence. We all agree on humans having at least emotions and intellect. What we do not completely agree on is the part of the human responsible. Which once again takes us back to the authority of the Bible and what it has to say concerning the part of the human responsible for emotions and intellect.

Again, im asking you to disrefard all things that you cannot see evidence of. There is evidence for all the feelngs you named bro. None so far. Those who hide their feelings beyond recognition are extremely good at it. Take into consideration, if i try to illicit jealous emotions and expect anger or grim faced disappointment. Now imagine I didnt get these two expressions, normally I would conclude the person was not jealous. However if i knew that jealousy has certain cues and i look out for those, Most likely I wil notice these. Generally people dont look out for these cues. General human behaviour is predictable, fuelled by our emotions. Since most people are not trained to look out for these cues. So you are objectively wrong.

Anyways prove your point for the soul .....

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Image123(m): 11:07pm On May 25, 2021
kimco:

Which of them is on the magnitude of creation of the world?

Lol, you were concerned that God CANNOT work at night. After giving you proof, you're asking for magnitude. i should do well to increase my "emotion magnitude" too. cheesy
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by DeusXmachina: 11:49pm On May 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You are the one who lies to himself for what you call scientific evidence is First Evidence and Always Evidence.

And it is No Different from the other types of Evidence which is used to Prove and Establish the Truth of A Matter!

And the Evidence of God is Seen, Felt, Heard, Known, Perceived and Experienced Fully Satisfying The Law of Evidence!
You speak in vagaries only you are capable of understanding.

1 Like

Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:32am On May 26, 2021
DeusXmachina:

You speak in vagaries only you are capable of understanding.

Mmh, Understanding is Given by The Lord. What I expressed is The Various Types of Evidence as Provided by the Law of Evidence.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by Image123(m): 12:56pm On May 26, 2021
kimco:

Again, im asking you to disrefard all things that you cannot see evidence of. There is evidence for all the feelngs you named bro. None so far. Those who hide their feelings beyond recognition are extremely good at it. Take into consideration, if i try to illicit jealous emotions and expect anger or grim faced disappointment. Now imagine I didnt get these two expressions, normally I would conclude the person was not jealous. However if i knew that jealousy has certain cues and i look out for those, Most likely I wil notice these. Generally people dont look out for these cues. General human behaviour is predictable, fuelled by our emotions. Since most people are not trained to look out for these cues. So you are objectively wrong.

Anyways prove your point for the soul .....

It's akin to saying we should disregard X-rays and gamma rays and electromagnetism for instance. While you cannot see them, you can see their effects on visible things as it were. The functions of the soul include emotions, intellect and a will. These are observable things.
Like i have well stated, individual emotions are not generally repeating, measurable or the same. Whatever, influence(r) you might blame or claim, that's the truth. The crux and summary then goes to the authority and the effect/power of the Bible, as that's where i'm coming from.
The teaching and influence of the Bible is so powerful and drastic that it leaves the diligent student with real reasons to take what it says about the human soul seriously.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by KnownUnknown: 3:42pm On May 26, 2021
Image123:

The fortunate thing is that we are not just discussing response to stimuli but human emotions. Don't go too far to hypothetical six year olds, examine yourself. Is it the same way you respond to greetings every time? Or to phone calls, or to call to eat, wake up, to your best friend etc. You should be a robot to be that consistent and measurable. How do you emote if given five thousand naira? Can you predict it and is it consistent? Two people that equally need 5k will not necessarily behave the same way upon receipt. One may burst into tears, the same one may hug you, the same one may refuse it, the same one may lie prostrate thanking you. Not to mention different others.

How many Kilojoules do you use to measure fear sir? Like i said, i am not referring to response to stimuli or adaptability, i am referring to emotions. People for instance do not "fall in" love the same way, even the same person. Neither is it the guaranteed to be the same exact reason. You don't even love people the same way or show love the same way. How do you measure love? Number of gifts or money spent or the way the person smiles or like you suggest by brain waves and breath rates? What is the breath rate of love, and do you agree that i do not love if my breath rate does not measure up?

Guile and treachery are emotions in people, just like love, happiness, hatred before acting them out. Someone can be treacherous and full of guile in an organisation or government, and not yet acting it out. It is not only when it is acted out that it is there. Do you realise that one can look very lively and bubbling and yet not be as joyous and happy as the second fellow just seated calmly? You just said you can measure this in DIFFERENT ways, care to enlighten us.

Wow, cheerleading decibels is what you use to measure joy, or what do you mean by excitement? Because i am clearly referring to every day human emotions not to supporters club chants. You can be shouting like a baboon as a cheerleader does not mean you are happy. You are simply motivated doing a job. The same fellow can actually be depressed or suicidal. If you have used your framework and control to measure him as a happy man, you have failed oh.

Emotions result in involuntary bodily reactions that can be measured objectively by pupil dilation (eye tracking), skin conductance (EDA/GSR), brain activity (EEG, fMRI), heart rate (ECG), and facial expressions.
While emotions are associated with bodily reactions that are activated through neurotransmitters and hormones released by the brain, feelings are the conscious experience of emotional reactions that we call love, anger, fear, etc. The intensity of the feeling ( your examples above) will depend on various factors and can also be measured, so we can device a framework to determine who you love most or who is most grateful for a $5000 gift.
Re: If God Is All Powerful Then Why Does He Need People To Worship Him? by KnownUnknown: 3:50pm On May 26, 2021
Image123:

It's akin to saying we should disregard X-rays and gamma rays and electromagnetism for instance. While you cannot see them, you can see their effects on visible things as it were. The functions of the soul include emotions, intellect and a will. These are observable things.
Like i have well stated, individual emotions are not generally repeating, measurable or the same. Whatever, influence(r) you might blame or claim, that's the truth. The crux and summary then goes to the authority and the effect/power of the Bible, as that's where i'm coming from.
The teaching and influence of the Bible is so powerful and drastic that it leaves the diligent student with real reasons to take what it says about the human soul seriously.

You cannot use the electromagnetic spectrum as an analogy for your soul. While we only see a sliver of the electromagnetic spectrum, we can detect some of it in other physical ways and through the use of various tools. You say the soul includes emotions, intellect, and a will but the brain is the source of the emotions, intellect, and will because these are the names we give to various brain functions.

Earlier you said the soul requires a functioning brain to work; however the brain works without the soul or the other thing you call spirit.
If one rightly views the bible as Jewish mythology/philosophy and Roman fiction, there is no need to try to view reality through its lens, regard it as infallible, and ignore knowledge for superstition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bizzare! Unclad Bath In ‘pool Of Bethesda WARNING: VIEWER'S DISCRETION IS ADV ’ / Craze For Title! / Download Free Gospel Music: Kirk Franklin - Wanna Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.