Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,626 members, 7,770,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:55 PM

Relationship Between Itshekiri And The Yorubas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Relationship Between Itshekiri And The Yorubas (686 Views)

Relationship Between Yoruba Language And Igala Language. / Please It Is Nana Of Itshekiri Not Olu Of Warri.This Fraud Should Stop / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Relationship Between Itshekiri And The Yorubas by eniade07: 8:52am On May 22, 2021
I just watched a documentary on the coronation rites of the Olu of Warri designate Prince Shola Emiko. I discovered that most of the words I heard during the rites are Yoruba words. Infact Prince Shola Emiko was referred to as Omooba Shola Emiko. Some of their traditional titles too are also Yoruba. It amazes me how diverse our beautiful country is. Same ethnic groups scattered in different parts. May God bring peace to our great nation.

4 Likes

Re: Relationship Between Itshekiri And The Yorubas by YungMillionaire: 11:25pm On May 22, 2021
What is the surprise? I am Itsekiri. What you heard is normal. We are a Yoruba group. Come to Warri I will show you our Ogun (Oba irin) shrine.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relationship Between Itshekiri And The Yorubas by AlphaTaikun: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
YungMillionaire:
What is the surprise? I am Itsekiri. What you heard is normal. We are a Yoruba group. Come to Warri I will show you our Ogun (Oba irin) shrine.

(1) (Reply)

Past And Present Obas Of Lagos / The Beauty Of The Yoruba Culture- Ojude Oba Festival! (video/pictures) / Why We Should Let Go Of Juju!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.