Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,138 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:37 AM

Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" (47067 Views)

FG Declares Monday Work-Free For The Armed Forces In Honour Of Late COAS / Aisha Buhari Visits Late COAS Wife With All Her Children / Governors, Ministers, Shun Burial Of Late COAS Attahiru, Attend Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 22, 2021
FACT CHECK: Did Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru Say That 'Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge As New Countries'?

Following Friday's tragic death of Ibrahim Attahiru, the 25th Chief of Army Staff (COAS) of the Nigerian Army, in a plane crash, a claim started circulating online. The headline published on some blogs in March 2021 read: "Over My Death Will Oduduwa, Biafra Emerge As New Countries, Nigeria Is One —Attahiru Warns".

AllNews noticed this wording is being shared on microblogging platform, Twitter, majorly by accounts of social media users with apparent Biafra separatist leaning. They claim it is from March 2021.

But is that what the late Chief of Army Staff - who died alongside 10 other officers including the crew - really said? AllNews check.

Indeed, as reported by the Nigerian blog, The Republican News, late CoS Attahiru addressed security threats confronting Nigeria in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, at the first Commanding Officers Workshop 2021 on Tuesday, March 23. However, the headline is devious.

“The Nigerian Army under my leadership would remain proactive and jointly work with other security agencies to decisively deal with threats facing the nation.

“The Nigerian Army under my watch remains resolute and is poised more than ever before to decisively deal with individuals or groups that threaten the peace, security and stability of our great nation,” those are the major quotes attributed to Major General Attahiru by prominent news outlets during the visit to Akwa Ibom state at the time.

See The Nation, Sahara Reporters, Legit, This Day, and Sun News Online. Nowhere did he talk about him dying over Biafra or Oduduwa Republic agitators' cause. He didn't even utter the phrase: "over my dead body".

Besides, the caption, 'Over My Death...' is grammatically incorrect.

Conclusion
The claim that late Chief of Army Staff, Ibrahim Attahiru said 'over my death will Biafra, Oduduwa emerges as new countries' is crooked.
https://allnews.ng/news/fact-check-did-chief-of-army-staff-ibrahim-attahiru-say-that-over-my-death-will-biafra-oduduwa-emerge-as-new-countries

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Romanoff(f): 12:29pm On May 22, 2021
So where did the "Over my death" come from?

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by ygowon: 12:30pm On May 22, 2021
Nigeria is being fukd in the missionary position without being wet. You know how devastating it can be, the reason Nigeria can never progress again.

Fuk the Nigerian soldiers and police

God did not create Nigeria. Lugard and his mistress did!
God only created igbo, Yoruba or Hausa..., (Don't know who created the ones that drink blood)
So when folks go on a killing spree to protect the so called territorial integrity of a country created in the middle of a steamy intercourse between two racists, at all costs, they're going to be held directly responsible for their actions both by God and humanity..
Op, you shouldn't be defending anyone here. The General is with Ikonso them now. He should defend himself there..
The bolded part dey sweet!

The person below me is a lunatic

One Nigeria kee u dia

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 22, 2021
So this shitty blog which looks like something designed in the early 1990s run by a slowpoke who keeps spreading propaganda masking it as "news" is where IPOB are getting their news from? SMH.

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by owobokiri(m): 12:34pm On May 22, 2021
God did not create Nigeria. Lugard and his mistress did!
God only created igbo, Yoruba or Hausa..., (Don't know who created the ones that drink blood)
So when folks go on a killing spree to protect the so called territorial integrity of a country created in the middle of a steamy intercourse between two racists, at all costs, they're going to be held directly responsible for their actions both by God and humanity..
Op, you shouldn't be defending anyone here. The General is with Ikonso them now. He should defend himself there..

271 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 22, 2021

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by BigSarah(f): 12:35pm On May 22, 2021
shocked
Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by GodblessMNK(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2021
Fuk Nigeria mhen..

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Tolexander: 12:37pm On May 22, 2021
ygowon:
Nigeria is being fukd in the missionary position without being wet. You know how devastating it can be, the reason Nigeria can never progress again.

Fuk the Nigerian soldiers and police
In short, Nigeria is raped right?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by ygowon: 12:39pm On May 22, 2021
Tolexander:
In short, Nigeria is raped right?
Yes, you got it. You're right

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by wunmi590(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2021
cool
Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by JooEeL(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2021
Lol the pains are so much that the gaslighting has begun...

Hohohohohoho cheesy

He never said so, just the same way no Lekki protester was shot by soldiers.

In fact, Attahiru is still alive. The aircrash was photoshopped.

198 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by davillian(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by iampeterben(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
It's a lie
Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by UncleKoboko: 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
Rubbish and irrelevant news.

Whether he said it or not is not important. In fact, I believe he said it because he's supposed to be a loyalty of the Nigeria sovereignty.
One thing I know for sure is that, with the way these savage nomadic parasite almajiri and beggar people are running this country, A BREAKUP IS INEVITABLE SOON.

GOD PUNISH ONE-NIGERIA.

101 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by wpadmin: 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
It is well
Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by UncleKoboko: 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by cassidy1996(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
Medicine after death

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Koryc: 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
Medicine after death

5 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 22, 2021
Once again, fake news exposed

But Nigerians will believe it still

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by kestolove95(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2021
His dead let dem come nd form d oduduwa or biafra republic lets see

7 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by JooEeL(m): 12:44pm On May 22, 2021
Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by ntyce(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2021
I wonder the kind of hate this group of individuals have to make them rejoice over these tragic deaths...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Late COAS Didn't Say "Over My Death Will Biafra, Oduduwa Emerge" by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Wike Bowing To Amaechi In A Throwback Photo / Nigerians Must Live With The Consequences Of "CHANGE" - FFK / Lai Mohammed Booed At AFRIMA Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.