Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,100 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University (34678 Views)

Ewerechukwu Favour Graduates With 5.0 CGPA From Covenant University / 65-Year-Old Woman, Enakimio, Graduates From Covenant University With Masters / Sunday Joseph, Blogger And Youtuber Graduates From Covenant University In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by lalasticlala(m): 6:06pm On May 22, 2021
Paula-Peace Onyinyechi Emerges Covenant University Best Graduating Student, As 201 Graduate with first class

201 Bag First Class, As Covenant University Graduates 1,664 Students

A total of 201 students of the Covenant University (CU) Ota in Ogun State were on Friday conferred with First Class degrees for the 2019/2020 academic session.

The Vice-chancellor, Prof. Abiodun Adebayo, disclosing this at the 15th convocation ceremony of the institution tagged, “The Release of Eagles” on Friday, said that Miss Paula-Peace Onyinyechi, a graduate of Biochemistry Department, College of Sciences, emerged the best graduating student, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.98.

LEADERSHIP Weekend gathered that a total of 1,664 students graduated with Bachelor’s degree consisting 201 students, representing 12.08 per cent with first class honours, others comprising 793 students representing 47.66 per cent honoured with second class upper, 595 for second class lower honours, 75 third class, and 254 postgraduate students.

The Vice chancellor congratulated the graduates, urging them to be agents of change, light-bearers, solution providers and pathfinders in confronting the numerous challenges bedeviling Nigeria and the world at large.

He said the institution was keeping its students busy with activities that prepared them for leadership and productive dialogue as well as equipping them with skills to change their world.

Adebayo added that Covenant is a leadership academy with a vision to raise a new generation of leaders in all fields of human endeavour and to also redeem the battered image of the black man, as molded in the graduands through its seven core values of spirituality, possibility mentality, integrity, capacity building, responsibility, diligence, and sacrifice.

The founder and group CEO, e-Transact Global, Nigeria, Dr. Valentine Obi whose address dwelt on the theme, “Repositioning Higher Education in Africa: Building Reputation Gaps in African Universities,’’ noted that it is imperative for African Ivory towers to focus on values and re-think on how to come out with a practical solutions to the society issues and not just teach students on information where students can get on the interest.

https://leadership.ng/201-bag-first-class-as-covenant-university-graduates-1664-students/amp/

OurFavOnlineDoc @DrOlufunmilayo:
Countless students graduating with first class from Covenant university- yet it doesn’t diminish the standard of the school. And it remains one of the best in the country.

But govt uni professors think:
“A is for God,
B is for VC,
C is for me,
Fight for the rest”

Cruel Sadists.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1396052739524861954

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
I dedicate this FTC to the fallen heroes who lost their lives yesterday and also the ones we’ve lost count cry

To those mocking the dead, no one is immortal

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Lalami3232(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
Na wa oooo grin. And for some universities, to even see one first class na problem.
Well, if our lecturers no dey frustrate people for school, I believe say most students suppose graduate with first class. Na make whenever we(9jas) go abroad we dey always excel for education, even if na third class the person take comot uni. Nobody for 9ja deserve hell again cus we don already experience hell 2.0 for this con3.
I don talk am before but I go talk am again, "the day my wife go born girl pikin, I go cry like who get carry over for he last paper".

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Virgo01(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
That's a healthy percentage of the total. If it's our public Universities the students will be frustrated till one will manage 2:2 and the rest third class grin

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by JovialJune(f): 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
My Alma-Mater, you will be given what you rightfully worked extremely hard for, unlike awon public school chest beaters that will go through;

- Lecturers extorting students by selling handouts compulsorily without teaching anything, then show up a week to exams to mark attendance and mark names of those who paid, smh

- Lecturers saying "A is for God, B is for V.C, C is for them, fight for the rest", and these same students think it is a normal part of life

- Sex for grades, reason why we have so many educated illiterates in the society today, ask them where they graduated from- public Uni smh,

- Cultism, co-habitation like married couples, overcrowded lecture hall with some standing or sitting on the floor, they think these foolish experience will polish any sane human being, lol

All this and many more, yet they think all these is an achievement to experience, talk about suffering and smiling lol

P.S before some dings quote me, Google achievements of some Covenant University graduates and the school as a whole so you don't disgrace yourself.

Tankio smiley

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by akeentech(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
Person wey tell me say school na scam, dem don call am out as Best graduating student

This life no balance

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by CodeTemplar: 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
Is this still news anymore or just the usual annual CU bashing ritual ?

4 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hustla(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
Awaiting the arrival of the sons and daughters of suffering and Sufferhead to explain why 1st class in CU is = 3rd class in OSU

.. Arriving in 3, 2 , 1

grin

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by wpadmin: 6:08pm On May 22, 2021
Somebody will come out to say this is not possible in their school.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Rufex07(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
Brilliant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Softgooms9: 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
Congratulations to you guys.....favour market ijn

2 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
201 shocked shocked shocked

Da fvck!

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by dannypaul(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
A school of standard. Pace setter!!!

I'm a graduate trainee employee of an institution and until my employment, all entry level interviews I had attended, covenant graduate makes up the higher percentage of participants.

They must be doing something right which our public institutions need to adopt..

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Onyi22(f): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
grin
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by loveliveshere: 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
And all of them dey Twitter.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Sammy07: 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
Well deserved
Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
1. Basic issue with Covenat....the high fees being paid means that the uni is well funded to acheive the best

2.As for the comment on government universites....when the average funding for universites in Nigeria isn't up to one billion dollars, and when fees are kept low for the masses, and when there aren't enough good facilityes what do you expect

Besides, I went to a government university. Out of my many lecturers, only one...I repeat only one, out of the scores who lectured me in school said A is for God and B is for me.....and I still ended up getting an A in his class....by hard work. It is a myth that lecturers in government schools are out to frustrate one. Most want you to do well, but many students....

Modified

A big problem with why students find it difficult in universites is that the way you study in uni is completely different from the way you study in primary and secondary school. Perhaps if more effort could be made to prepare students for the rigours of university.

Also, a lot of students who are in university would do better in vocational and technical educaiton, but because Nigeria is a country where working with your hands is looked down on...

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by hashtagged(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
read biochemistry in a public University and you will now how far

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Zico5(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
First class just like pure water. And one lecturer for OAU or UI will be flexing for failing students. Bunch of sadists.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Coronavirus84: 6:09pm On May 22, 2021
First class is cheap in private universities indeed

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by cassidy1996(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2021
Na so first class come easy

3 Likes

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by iamyemiakins(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2021
Public universities lecturers looking at covenant university first class graduates like

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by fitinwell: 6:10pm On May 22, 2021
How does it affect common Man's children...

Or Nigerian economy

1 Like

Re: 201 Graduate With First Class From Covenant University by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:10pm On May 22, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uniport Post-graduate Student Sets To Marry His Course-mate / Black Liquid Found In Sylvester Oromoni's Stomach During Autopsy – Father / ABU Fresh Graduate Dies In Accident, Hours After Posting 'Am Coming Home'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.