Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,196 members, 7,780,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. (60945 Views)

My Experience With A Lady I Hired And Fired Last Week / What A Fellow Job Seeker Did To Me This Afternoon / My Last Week Of Joblessness And I Hope It Will Be Yours Soon Too. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by replete(m): 10:40pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:
He might be reading this here. Perhaps he's a Nairalander.
Shame on him if he actually sees this

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by slimjohn2k5: 10:42pm On May 22, 2021
One lesson learnt, do not take talkatives seriously.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by cheerishMe: 10:43pm On May 22, 2021
powerbank100:
This story hit home and i can relate so i shed a tear. God dey, the first rule in life is trust NO ONE. you came alone and you will depart alone.

Know this and know peace.

you can hit the ground running with a few tips below I you don't have any profitable venture at the monent, this..can be applied to almost anything if you think critically.

imma keep it real with you like my brother from another mother, The educational system in Nigeria has been watered down a great deal but there are still opportunities for grassroot hustlers, best believe that.

All you need now is a hustler's ambition / mindset, you need to grind like one who has no mother or father, its cold out there.

In Nigeria, there are two classes of people (Living things and non living things)...you need to be amongst the living and stop whinning and complaining about this and that, nobody has it easy. If everyone comes to Nairaland beer parlor with his or her story, you go thank God for your life.

Bum imma share some gems with you real quick and if you are street wise, you will take action immediately.

If you must make it in Nigeria, you must think like an OUTLAW. push your fine boy and degree aside, roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running.

however, If you are techy (digital marketing, ecommerce, mini importation)

If you are dead broke don't venture into programming, you cannot effectively learn programming on an empty stomach with lack of data

If you are hands on Plumbing, woodwork, electrical, interior design solar design and installation, phone and laptop repair

Let me give you a brotherly advice, and I hope you work on it...
First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
Within a month or two, come and pay (tite).
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat,
ginger,onions, name it... In bags and tonnes
And I make nothing less than half a mil monthly...

Reach me privately if you are interested in gadget importation and sales from US.

Whatsapp - 0.8.1.1.9.7.5.6.1.4.4.
u are a genius bro

2 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by berrystunn(m): 10:45pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:
What a friend did to me last week.

Just like in my case, so many graduates in the country are today, traumatized, depressed or even suicidal. Nothing is more depressing than seeing oneself jobless after several years of graduation. More annoying is when there's no finance to even start a business no matter how brilliant the business idea could be. If I have capital or even a collateral to use and get some money somewhere, I would rest completely from job hunting.

My ordeal.
Few months ago, I stumbled on a friend on Facebook whom we were school mates back in secondary school. His parents resided outside the state which he normally came back on school resumption and would go back during holidays.

On meeting him on Facebook, taking a look at his pictures, he's obviously doing well and claimed he's working with an international NGO. I told him my pains which is unemployment. Immediately, he was happy and telling me not to worry again that with his connections here and there, I'll get a job. His promise was to fix me either in the NGO, an insurance company, factory work or any other place of which he has links and connections.

We talked extensively and negotiated my movement and arrived I should come over last week. The plans was to stay in his 2 bedroom apartment and until 3-4 months when I can rent my own place. So I moved from Rivers state to Lagos Monday last week with just 16k on me. En route Lagos, we were keeping in touch so to know how closer I am and until I got to Lagos (God is Good Motors park) around 8pm. I called him that I have arrived the park and he said he was coming to pick me.

Long story short, that was the last time his number went. Initially, I thought it was network, or may be temporary low battery. I kept dialling the number through out the night but it never went again. Of course I had no choice than to sleep in the park. Woke up the next morning hoping his number would go but still same. I had no body else in Lagos nor knowing any where as that was my first time in Lagos. So I was just roaming around the park the whole day like a lost sheep, hungry, frustrating and pains but still hoping for his call but none came. When I tried reaching via Facebook and realized I was blocked, that was when it dawned on me that I have to start going back immediately. Already, transport fare from PH to Lagos finished about N10,500. So I was left with about 4k on me. At that point in the evening, I knew my best bet as I said earlier was to find my way back immediately but I didn't even have enough cash for my return. I had no option than to start telling people about my predicament and appealed for help to raise fund to return home the next morning. I was mocked and laughed at while some were asking to buy my phone at a very ridiculous amount. But then at that point, I could have sold it at the ridiculous amount but the phone was the only medium of communication with people especially my mum who was already worried over the journey right from the onset. I kept approaching people to help me and until one man graciously completed the money for me and I paid for my return.

On reaching home, I did nothing than thanking God that at least my case wasn't like that of late Iniobong Umoren. At least I came back home alive...which is the most important thing. But what I don't understand is why the guy chose to be that wicked to me forgetting this world is a very small place. I mean if there was never a job, why did he have to put me through that? Anyways, I have since moved on. Not even swearing/cursing him but leave everything for God. Such is life!

Fellow nairalanders, that is the dairy of a Nigerian job seeker. This leave me with the question, "will Nigeria ever be good for ordinary Nigerian?"

Do services like cleaning job .
Package proposal to different companies..
Then continue pushing

Present your self like you working for cleaning company.. acting like the manager.

You will get good reply..Then get some low key guys .. aboki or so
To do the cleaning job...

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Kutunban: 10:46pm On May 22, 2021
Write his name here, call him out. That's irresponsible and dubious.. if you have an old school WhatsApp goup or class mates tell them his act of wickedness..

7 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by sslcrypt: 10:48pm On May 22, 2021
I can recall my first assignment on a foreign land. Was given a contact to meet up and would be hosted for couple of days till my accommodation was finalized.

Was on call before departing and everything seem fine and good to go.

On getting to the location after a 4hr journey,the contact stood me up. I called and called and cried and nearly ended up sleeping on the bench in the waiting area. The weather was 5 degrees that night..

That very moment changed me as a person. Been in a foreign country for the first time and getting stood up like that was the least I expected.

But thank goodness I had a back up back up plan. This was a relative I kept her number prior to departing Nigeria.

She had no clue of my arrivals or planned trip but was all the same very very happy to accommodate me. So rather than crying myself out.. my anger kept me up all night waiting for the next train that was going to depart 5am to my cousin's location.

Till this day I never understood if it was part of my training or just wickedness. But the growth I attained made me appreciate that situation I found myself, because it triggered all the qualities needed to survive in the game and kinda made me ruthless also.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by PennywysCares(m): 10:49pm On May 22, 2021
powerbank100:
This story hit home and i can relate so i shed a tear. God dey, the first rule in life is trust NO ONE. you came alone and you will depart alone.

you can hit the ground running with a few tips below I you don't have any profitable venture at the monent, this..can be applied to almost anything if you think critically.

imma keep it real with you like my brother from another mother, The educational system in Nigeria has been watered down a great deal but there are still opportunities for grassroot hustlers, best believe that.

All you need now is a hustler's ambition / mindset, you need to grind like one who has no mother or father, its cold out there.

In Nigeria, there are two classes of people (Living things and non living things)...you need to be amongst the living and stop whinning and complaining about this and that, nobody has it easy. If everyone comes to Nairaland beer parlor with his or her story, you go thank God for your life.

Bum imma share some gems with you real quick and if you are street wise, you will take action immediately.

If you must make it in Nigeria, you must think like an OUTLAW. push your fine boy and degree aside, roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running.

If you are dead broke don't venture into programming, you cannot effectively learn programming on an empty stomach with lack of data

If you are hands on Plumbing, woodwork, electrical, interior design solar design and installation, phone and laptop repair

First of all I counsel people and I have done that on nairaland for a while... I have met great and good guys...
I dropped a story about my experience teaching in two schools as a corper and would not mind partnering with schools in abuja, but some accused me of looking for teaching job... Never ever mind what people say...
Back to the matter...
As a graduate, teaching and earning 15k, e no bad... But once you have a good (android) phone, go to any car stand of your choice around your area... Listen well, any good car stand and ask to see the manager... Tell him you want to help him market his cars and get good buyers... 90% of car stand managers will sign u on... Tel him you will be paid a small commission after sales...
Pick up your phone, snap as many cars as your phone memory can take, open a dedicated twitter ac, IG ac, Facebook ac, WhatsApp ac, ac etc... Take out time to post this cars, make sure you have the actual prices of this cars... You can add as much as #250k on it... Bring down the negotiations to as low as making #50k if need be just so I can sell. Set your monthly target... I assure you, if you get I client in a month, u make around #100,000k once you start growing, you can get as much as 5-10 client from all over the country and that hits you over #1m for just helping others sell their cars, Note all you invested was your time, energy, phone and data... No big financial capital...
Do not restrict yourself to cars, go for industrial machines as well, caterpillars, mikano gens, any thing, then you look for those big companies that need them and try to call their attention to it or market it to them... You may not sell in 3 months but when you manage to get a client to buy just 1 caterpillars, my brother you will instantly forget that u suffered before...
A friend of mine was marketing a silo for a local wielder, he received a call all the way from kebbi state, the purchase was made in Ilorin, he made #1.8 mil from buyers and #400k from seller... He still got a referral from that deal. Wake up bro...
I drive uber/bolt in abuja, market cars, sell commodities such as beans, maize, wheat,

Reach me privately if you are interested in gadget importation and sales from US.

you said it all bro
May God bless you for ur good advice

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by morule20(m): 10:51pm On May 22, 2021
This is absolute wickedness
Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by squad03: 10:51pm On May 22, 2021
I'm happy you got home safe and sound but in the future,while thanking God for your good fortune,be graceful enough to do so without making reference to others who weren't so lucky.

Ini's family may be yet to get over their loss so please be considerate of their situation.

I wish you all the best in all your endeavors.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 22, 2021
Maybe he was not what he said he was.Maybe a squatter.He might have lied to you that he was living large.Meanwhile,na street trading him dey .

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by frog12: 10:52pm On May 22, 2021
so you stayed at your cousin's place for how long ?

people like you do not tell the entire story.

sslcrypt:
I can recall my first assignment on a foreign land. Was given a contact to meet up and would be hosted for couple of days till my accommodation was finalized.

Was on call before departing and everything seem fine and good to go.

On getting to the location after a 4hr journey,the contact stood me up. I called and called and cried and nearly ended up sleeping on the bench in the waiting area. The weather was 5 degrees that night..

That very moment changed me as a person. Been in a foreign country for the first time and getting stood up like that was the least I expected.

But thank goodness I had a back up back up plan. This was a relative I kept her number prior to departing Nigeria.

She had no clue of my arrivals or planned trip but was all the same very very happy to accommodate me. So rather than crying myself out.. my anger kept me up all night waiting for the next train that was going to depart 5am to my cousin's location.

Till this day I never understood if it was part of my training or just wickedness. But the growth I attained made me appreciate that situation I found myself, because it triggered all the qualities needed to survive in the game and kinda made me ruthless also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by YungMillionaire: 10:52pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:
Not all. There was never a time like that.

OP here is one possible explanation for your school mate's behavior:

when you were in school you did something to him that pained him alot. You might have forgotten but he stills remember very clearly. This is his way of getting back at you. Because there is no human being that will just out of the blue do this to someone.

8 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Vanmatrix(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2021
powerbank100:

Back to the matter...

The most realest post have seen here on Nairaland, God bless you hommie...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Nathan2016: 10:53pm On May 22, 2021
frog12:
he was not wicked. you put him in an uncomfortable position and he could not say NO !

he most likely had second thoughts about allowing you to stay, and thought avoiding you is the best option.

MORALS: Don't make demands from people that are not your family !
and find your own way yourself with help from family !

You sound very wicked. Uncomfortable position to allow someone that is broke travel more than 6 hourd journey. Telling him you can help him get a job?

Nigerian like you are just something else sha. I hope not to meet someone with your mentality in this life

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by moneyissweet(m): 10:53pm On May 22, 2021
Next time you want to make that kind movement make sure you ask the person for financial help first and if he yarn any story then know that he is just an asshole who has nothing to offer.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by CoalitionNaija(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:

I'm impressed. Thank you very much for this. I'll contact you as soon as possible.

if u have not contacted already, please stay far away from this kind of offers.
this one will double your cry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Depressed101: 10:56pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:

Just like in my case, so many graduates in the country are today, traumatized, depressed or even suicidal. Nothing is more depressing than seeing oneself jobless after several years of graduation. More annoying is when there's no finance to even start a business no matter how brilliant the business idea could be. If I have capital or even a collateral to use and get some money somewhere, I would rest completely from job hunting.

My ordeal.
Few months ago, I stumbled on a friend on Facebook whom we were school mates back in secondary school. His parents resided outside the state which he normally came back on school resumption and would go back during holidays.

On meeting him on Facebook, taking a look at his pictures, he's obviously doing well and claimed he's working with an international NGO. I told him my pains which is unemployment. Immediately, he was happy and telling me not to worry again that with his connections here and there, I'll get a job. His promise was to fix me either in the NGO, an insurance company, factory work or any other place of which he has links and connections.

We talked extensively and negotiated my movement and arrived I should come over last week. The plans was to stay in his 2 bedroom apartment and until 3-4 months when I can rent my own place. So I moved from Rivers state to Lagos Monday last week with just 16k on me. En route Lagos, we were keeping in touch so to know how closer I am and until I got to Lagos (God is Good Motors park) around 8pm. I called him that I have arrived the park and he said he was coming to pick me.

Long story short, that was the last time his number went. Initially, I thought it was network, or may be temporary low battery. I kept dialling the number through out the night but it never went again. Of course I had no choice than to sleep in the park. Woke up the next morning hoping his number would go but still same. I had no body else in Lagos nor knowing any where as that was my first time in Lagos. So I was just roaming around the park the whole day like a lost sheep, hungry, frustrating and pains but still hoping for his call but none came. When I tried reaching via Facebook and realized I was blocked, that was when it dawned on me that I have to start going back immediately. Already, transport fare from PH to Lagos finished about N10,500. So I was left with about 4k on me. At that point in the evening, I knew my best bet as I said earlier was to find my way back immediately but I didn't even have enough cash for my return. I had no option than to start telling people about my predicament and appealed for help to raise fund to return home the next morning. I was mocked and laughed at while some were asking to buy my phone at a very ridiculous amount. But then at that point, I could have sold it at the ridiculous amount but the phone was the only medium of communication with people especially my mum who was already worried over the journey right from the onset. I kept approaching people to help me and until one man graciously completed the money for me and I paid for my return.

On reaching home, I did nothing than thanking God that at least my case wasn't like that of late Iniobong Umoren. At least I came back home alive...which is the most important thing. But what I don't understand is why the guy chose to be that wicked to me forgetting this world is a very small place. I mean if there was never a job, why did he have to put me through that? Anyways, I have since moved on. Not even swearing/cursing him but leave everything for God. Such is life!

Fellow nairalanders, that is the dairy of a Nigerian job seeker. This leave me with the question, "will Nigeria ever be good for ordinary Nigerian?"
there's a message "make money and don't ever forget this event in your life" "no one is your savior, you are your own savior, craft your dream".

4 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Nathan2016: 10:57pm On May 22, 2021
Personally i think this is a handwork of either hacked facebook or you are chatting with someone who is using your friends pics and name.

Op try check well with the facebook link.. Does it correspond with the name on the profile. Also search his number on truecaller. What does it bring out?

Try contacting a mutual friend who might likely be in contact with him.. Try to know whatsup

These yahoo boys are using people profile

7 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by adecz: 10:57pm On May 22, 2021
GeeeZus ❗❗

This 'friend' is more sadistic
than Satan himsef!!❗❗ shocked shocked
Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by juman(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2021
He did bad.

Its good to be good.
Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by bluefilm: 10:58pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:

My ordeal.

Obviously, he didn't want you to come and find out that he has been living a lie all along.

Moral Lesson: Everything you see on Social Media is all FANTASY.

10 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 22, 2021
Cpossibility:

My ordeal.

grin
Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by sslcrypt: 10:59pm On May 22, 2021
frog12:
so you stayed at your cousin's place for how long ?

people like you do not tell the entire story.

4 days exactly

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by andyblinks05: 11:01pm On May 22, 2021
I'm about to embark on the same type of journey to lagos. SO HELP ME GOD

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 22, 2021
You're good bro.
powerbank100:

Back to the matter...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by jaxxy(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2021
JovialJune:

Send him an SMS, at least he can't block that one and he can't avoid seeing it. tell him in a sincere way if you've ever offended him before, that you've thought about it countless times, and nothing seems to come up, try it and see.

Why are some of u guys surprised by this act? Some friends are just useless pretenders, clowns and even crazy modafuvkas. Haven’t u heard of frnds u fed and took care of and ate from same plate bt later in life completely ignoring u when u need them? People change and some get amnesia and some are of the skol of thought that nobody owes u anything. It can be crazy out there even from people u thought u knew.

Some strangers are better than friends. It a sad reality. Lol

12 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by YungMillionaire: 11:07pm On May 22, 2021
OgbanjeProphet:
Op, if you are Buhari's supporter, then ,You deserve what you got and more cool

Everything is not about politics. Stop exposing your deficit of home training in a public forum.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by lereinter(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2021
Give glory to God
Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by juman(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2021
This story similar to many other peoples experience particularly outside nigeria.
A friend of mine got to newyork, called the person that promised to host him.
The person said sorry I cant host you as promised.
He was then forced to think of alternative.

Me I got to europe.
I was immediately thinking of returning back home.
But because nigeria was bad, there was no home to return to.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by Uyi168: 11:09pm On May 22, 2021
Nathan2016:
Personally i think this is a handwork of either hacked facebook or you are chatting with someone who is using your friends pics and name.

Op try check well with the facebook link.. Does it correspond with the name on the profile. Also search his number on truecaller. What does it bring out?

Try contacting a mutual friend who might likely be in contact with him.. Try to know whatsup

These yahoo boys are using people profile
Na lie jor.
The earlier you understand that some persons are just plain heartless for no reasons, the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by juman(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2021
michlins:
Dear Nairalanders whoever have a place should help fix this guy up

You are right.
People should help him.

1 Like

Re: What A Friend Did To Me Last Week. by pekisdgee(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2021
you are taking about lagos try abuja... dey barley accommodate... shey make i soro so ke?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

N-power Finally Opens Portal For FRESH Registration / NIS Invitation For Interview. / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.