Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

International Day To End Obstetric Fistula Today 23 May 2021 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / International Day To End Obstetric Fistula Today 23 May 2021 (2063 Views)

Bride-to-be, Hajara Dies A Day To Her Wedding In Nasarawa State (Photos) / What Causes Obstetric Fistula In Woman After Childbirth? / When Obstetric Scan Reveals Breech Presentation Of The Foetus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Day To End Obstetric Fistula Today 23 May 2021 by robosky02(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2021
International Day to End Obstetric Fistula
23 May is the International Day to End Obstetric Fistula. Join us and help more women living with obstetric fistula to recover and rebuild their lives.

Obstetric fistula is a devastating childbirth injury, and a neglected public health and human rights issue. Two million women in low-resource settings have an obstetric fistula, and 100,000 more develop one every year. Leaking urine and/or faeces and, as a result, living in desperate circumstances, only 1 in 50 ever receives treatment.

To close the global treatment gap and end this suffering, FIGO's Fistula Surgery Training Initiative aims to train enough surgeons – FIGO Fellows – from fistula-affected communities to eradicate the condition.

Obstetric fistula is currently not a priority discussion point or high on international agendas. We believe it is high time this violation is put front and centre of global conversations, to ensure that no woman is left behind, most of all the most marginalised and neglected.

Join us to #EndFistula with the range of awareness-raising resources at the links below, including moving stories from FIGO Fellows and their patients, social media graphics, and key advocacy messages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LERHLqOBSMs&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Lalasticlala mynd44

https://www.figo.org/what-we-do/obstetric-fistula/campaign-to-end-fistula

Re: International Day To End Obstetric Fistula Today 23 May 2021 by Unshakend: 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2021
Obstetric fistula is a topic that is rarely talked about in the medical field. Until I went through such an experience, I did not even know of the existence of such an injury. I was ashamed to talk about it until now, but I think all women need to know what could happen to them. I managed to get over the physical and moral pain due to some doctors from Angola. By the way, they also have an information campaign for this day, you can see it on [url="https://cameronmch.com/services/ob-gyn/"]cameronmch.com[/url]. They post new information every day.

(1) (Reply)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Breast Feeding During Sex / The Prevalence Rate Of New Hiv/aids Infections In Nigeria Drops By 35! / Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.