Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me (921 Views)

Luis Suarez In Tears After Atletico Madrid Won 2020-21 La Liga Title (Photos) / Copa America: Luis Suarez In Tears As Peru Defeat Uruguay On Penalties (Photos) / Picture Of Messi And Suarez In Their Dressing Room After Beating Liverpool. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by obembet(f): 7:09pm On May 22, 2021
[bLuis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me... they underestimated me and Atletico opened their doors to give me an opportunity.[/b]

I will always be grateful to this club for trusting in me”.

Atletico Madrid are champions of Spain for the 11th time in their history after Luis Suarez secured the club's first league title in seven years.

Diego Simeone's side had gone into the final day of the La Liga season two points ahead of city rivals Real Madrid, and they secured the title with a 2-1 victory at Valladolid.

La Liga champions:

2015: Barcelona
2016: Barcelona
2017: Real Madrid
2018: Barcelona
2019: Barcelona
2020: Real Madrid
2021: Atletico Madrid

Source: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1396165781436633088?s=09

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by rottable(m): 7:12pm On May 22, 2021
Congrats Atletico madrid. Conquering both Barca and real madrid is not an easy feat

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by Jokerman(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2021
So Suarez has been the one carrying uefalona rather than Pessi as we have been lied to all these while grin

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by obembet(f): 7:15pm On May 22, 2021
Jokerman:
So Suarez has been the one carrying uefalona rather than Pessi as we have been lied to all these while grin

This Life!
Thomas Partey left Atletico Madrid and signed for Arsenal.
Luis Suarez was kicked out of Barcelona and signed for Atletico Madrid.
Complete the story...
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by Madaraire(m): 7:17pm On May 22, 2021
They had the balls to see it through unlike Chelsea and Ac Milan with all their initial gragara.
Congratulations to them, they gave up the champions league for this.

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by Tolexander: 7:19pm On May 22, 2021
Jokerman:
You could have said he Suarez was the one carrying Barcelona after Iniesta and Xavi left

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by ThierryJay: 7:20pm On May 22, 2021
For the life of me I couldn't understand why Barca was hell bent on disgracing out one of the club's all time legends like he was a leper. Even if they wanted him out, they could have given him at least a decent celebrated exit to avoid this kind of revenge-fuelled situation.

Meanwhile, why am I noticing some powerplay between Obembet and Mysportsdab on who gets to make the frontpage with the same topic? That palaver is for the mods to sort out.
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by ThierryJay: 7:20pm On May 22, 2021
Congratulations to Atletico, they deserved it.

Barca gave them the missing piece of the puzzle in the person of Suarez. Hate him or love him, Suarez is La Liga's best no 9 striker of this decade (Since 2010) or arguably this century (with R9, Eto and Raul as contenders). Remove Suarez's goals and they'd probably end up fourth this season. Even Simeone was surprised at how Barca threw away such quality pennywisely and gladly snapped him up.

Looking at it the other way round. If Suarez had stayed at Barca and contributed just 10 league goals, Barca would be champions. Although this would have masked the underlying issues the Barca team had.

Real and Barca lost out because the goal scoring burden was carried only by Messi and Benzema while Atletico had Suarez, Correa, Llorente, Carrasco and Felix all of whom had over 10 goal involvements (goals and assists).

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by Tolexander: 7:22pm On May 22, 2021
obembet:

This Life!
Complete the story...

How will someone leave Atletico Madrid for Arsenal in search of greater football achievement?

Just like someone leaving US and going to Nigeria in search of greener pastures.

O wrong now!

Notwithstanding, Thomas Partey is entitled to a medal for the La Liga won by Atletico Madrid this season, cos he played about 3 matches for them this season

1 Like

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by paulolee(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2021
congrats....so happy they won it instead of real Madrid n also happy for suarez proving koeman n my useless board wrong...
the same player dt was called too old to play for barca scoring vital goals to win d league while my barca n the joker koeman dt was feeling like a demi god when he jus came in ends up third
I trust laporta to sack him because koeman ended up as the biggest loser..
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by paulolee(m): 7:27pm On May 22, 2021
Jokerman:
see wetin person dey talk, jus congratulate them n move on bro, we all.know barca would be competing to qualify for uefa assuming messi leaves this season..
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by tosinosam(m): 7:28pm On May 22, 2021
ThierryJay:

Barca gave them the missing piece of the puzzle in the person of Suarez. Hate him or love him, Suarez is La Liga's best no 9 striker of this decade (Since 2010) or arguably this century (with R9, Eto and Raul as contenders). Remove Suarez's goals and they'd probably end up fourth this season. Even Simeone was surprised at how Barca threw away such quality pennywisely and gladly snapped him up.

Looking at it the other way round. If Suarez had stayed at Barca and contributed just 10 league goals, Barca would be champions. Although this would have masked the underlying issues the Barca team had.

Real and Barca lost out because the goal scoring burden was carried only by Messi and Benzema while Atletico had Suarez, Correa, Llorente, Carrasco and Felix all of whom had over 10 goal involvements (goals and assists).
You are so on poin
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by paulolee(m): 7:29pm On May 22, 2021
Jokerman:
lols...bro no bad vibes n jus congratulate dm n move on bcox u aint making any sense comparing Suarez being key to barca than messi dt have been dragging the mediocre team to victory for years..
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by paulolee(m): 7:30pm On May 22, 2021
obembet:

This Life!
Complete the story...

tmas for partey, life isnt always greener on the other side and as for Suarez, no matter how much people talk u down, believe in urself n you would surely endup victorious..
the rejected stone would become the chief corner stone...na BaBA GOD get final say.
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by DDDEnterprises: 7:33pm On May 22, 2021
Congrats!
and we no hear noise! No Atletico fans for Nigerian ni?
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by FuckThaMod: 7:33pm On May 22, 2021
Messi has been the one holding Suarez back... Suarez winning la liga without Messi that even bottled a lead. It's obvious barca sold the wrong player and suarez never needed messi barca but the other way round. Congrats to atletico madrid and shame to the fraud whom his obsessed fans are screaming balon dor for this year whenever he scores against granada and other bottom teams.

2 Likes

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by Officialhorlah(m): 7:54pm On May 22, 2021
ThierryJay:

The pure FACT
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by obembet(f): 8:06pm On May 22, 2021
Atletico Madrid fans are taking to the streets and celebrating

mynd44

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by obembet(f): 7:50am On May 23, 2021
They really disrespected him

mynd44

Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by ThierryJay: 8:47am On May 23, 2021
Jokerman:

Abi na my brother, just as he carried Uefalona to carry second in the league last season and to their disgraceful exit at the hands of Bayern. He even carried Barca to UCL semis in 2019.

No wonder you are a joke grin grin grin grin
Re: Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me by KingAbdulazeez: 8:59am On May 23, 2021
obembet:
Luis Suarez in tears after winning the title: “Barcelona didn't value me... they underestimated me and Atletico opened their doors to give me an opportunity.

I will always be grateful to this club for trusting in me”.

Atletico Madrid are champions of Spain for the 11th time in their history after Luis Suarez secured the club's first league title in seven years.

Diego Simeone's side had gone into the final day of the La Liga season two points ahead of city rivals Real Madrid, and they secured the title with a 2-1 victory at Valladolid.

La Liga champions:

2015: Barcelona
2016: Barcelona
2017: Real Madrid
2018: Barcelona
2019: Barcelona
2020: Real Madrid
2021: Atletico Madrid[/b]

Source: https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1396165781436633088?s=09

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Efe Ajagba Got His First Defeat / Caption This Photo Of Gabriel And Bruno Fernandes / Jay Jay Should Have Taken The Pay Cut And Stay Put

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.