Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP (14386 Views)

Gov. Ayade’s Defection: Why APC Must Not Celebrate Yet / Governor Darius Ishaku Playing Golf (photos) / Darius Ishaku: FG Plotting To Stop Me, Six Others From Seeking Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Vixlot: 7:21pm On May 22, 2021
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said yesterday that it was shocked and embarrassed at the defection of Governor Ben Ayade of Cross River State to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ayade switched camps on Thursday after a meeting with an APC delegation in Calabar.

He moved to his new party with numerous stalwarts of the party and members of the State House of Assembly, although the federal lawmakers from the state declared that they would remain in the PDP because the governor did not consult them.

The APC itself yesterday announced that election into party and public offices would be thrown open to all old and new members at its forthcoming national convention in a bid to accommodate as many interests as possible.

Reacting to Ayade’s defection yesterday, Governor Darius Ishaku of Taraba State said PDP governors “are greatly shocked and embarrassed that he (Ayade) would suddenly dump the party for APC” despite the strenuous efforts made by the PDP to keep him in its fold.

Ishaku spoke to State House correspondents in Abuja.

He said the PDP, through the Senator Bukola Saraki-led National Reconciliation and Strategy Committee, did a good job to make Ayade stay, but he had other reasons for leaving the party.

He said: “Let me tell you, they (Saraki Committee) have done a good job, but it depends on the decision of an individual and what he actually hopes to gain.

“You may have the best of intentions, somebody may not agree with you and so that is the point. I think it’s more of the governor’s decision, as it affects him, and nobody can hold brief on that.

“I wouldn’t know precisely the governor’s thinking, because all of us are different.

“All of us see PDP as alternative to APC and all the PDP governors are doing very well in their respective states.

“For him to leave to APC, I don’t know the details of that. I have not seen him. But be that as it may, I believe that any democratic country must have an opposition; a viable opposition. And opposition in itself is good for democracy.

“If you don’t have an opposition, then the government in power can go astray. So I believe in a vibrant democracy with an opposition. If we have an opposition, it is good.

“As to the reason why our colleague in PDP will depart, I don’t know the details and I can’t hold brief for him. He can still talk for himself
https://thenationonlineng.net/ayades-defection-embarrassing-shocking-to-pdp-says-taraba-governor/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Mynd44: 9:57pm On May 22, 2021
Nigerian politician; he is probably plotting his defection too

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by UncleKoboko: 9:58pm On May 22, 2021
99% of Nigerian politicians lacks integrity. They are only after their selfish interest.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN APC AND PDP?

It will never be well with both of them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by DoctorDree(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
There problem

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Yommychrz(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
Una Dy craze

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Elock1: 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
angry
Make them rest with this Ayade matter.
Who him defection help sef?

Nigeria na really scam, time way dem for allow the idiot to work (if atall that one dey him agenda), them dy here dy debate about him defection.

Of what importance is Ayade to Nigerian politics in the first place?

7 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nuelito: 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
They are always in shock but never cease to embezzle public funds.... wayo people

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Coolgraphixs: 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by McStoic(m): 9:59pm On May 22, 2021
I hear. Everyone knows Nigerian politicians are disgraces and embarrassments themselves. So it's no new thing.

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nas23Nas: 10:00pm On May 22, 2021
Hi
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 22, 2021
This is why Nigerian youths should vote only people they believe will delivered. All these recycled substandard politicians are dragging us back.
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Frankest20(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2021
What is shocking? Are they not seeing how PDP is sinking everyday? Are they thinking of coming back to National government soon?

APC will win all elections in Cross River State comes 2023

8 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Thinktwicemybro: 10:01pm On May 22, 2021
Ayade reminds us of the problem with the youths of this country. Imagine how he was praising buhari and at the same time saying the massive insecurity was his reason for defection. How confused can someone be? All lies, Ayade and his best friend FFK are very unreliable and are after the national cake especially now that the country is on cruise control.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Kuginzi: 10:02pm On May 22, 2021
We thank God say na only Shocking to PDP. Yeyeh politicians!!

5 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by iconnecta(m): 10:02pm On May 22, 2021
na wao
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Tinubuadvocate: 10:03pm On May 22, 2021
The love for Tinubu is real hope you Dirus is preparing to pitch your tent with our incoming president, president Adekunle Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCON.

3 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by ygowon: 10:03pm On May 22, 2021
fuk all the politicans. fuk PDP and APC. fuk one Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Jsmarttouch: 10:03pm On May 22, 2021
cheesy
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Babaaz888: 10:03pm On May 22, 2021
MBahs
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Godjone(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2021
Ayade shot himself. He will get the same treatment as Akpamio. Shameless old fool
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 22, 2021
Taraba Governor always on sabbatical in Abuja
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nas23Nas: 10:09pm On May 22, 2021
Hello
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by semyman: 10:14pm On May 22, 2021
Is PDP not shocking and an embarrassment to Nigerians?

You like to downplay the magnitude of your disappointing performance for 16yrs?

2 Likes

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by chaloskyx: 10:24pm On May 22, 2021
WHAT IS EMBARASSING ABOUT IT ALL YOU SHAMELESS POLITICIANS CROSS OVER FROM ONE PARTY TO THE OTHER ALL THE TIME SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL? HE HAS OBVIOUSLY SEEN THAT COME 2023 THE ONLY WAY TO REMAIN IN POLITICAL LIMELIGHT IS TO JOIN APC AND PDP HAS NO CHANCE OF TAKING OVER THE REINGS OF POWER FROM APC.
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by ofiko123(m): 10:26pm On May 22, 2021
Talk is cheap..
Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 22, 2021
Ayade knows that his opponents in PDP and their urchins were the ones that burnt down Calabar during the #EndSars, he is not stupid.
Their aim was to destroy all evidence of Ayade's progressive works in Cross River State so as to sabotage Ayade been able to comfortably name his successor successfully.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Godjone(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2021
Ayade has no weight politicaly. He is a liability to the pdp

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Vixlot: 10:37pm On May 22, 2021
[s]
EjaikreTheViper:

Yes, we Yorubas will support Tinubu's ambition as president of Iragbiji Town Union. Afonja brown teeth baba must claim his rightful position.

Signed:

Olapupo Oladokun Olaitan,
President, Yoruba Youth Council

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Darius Ishaku: Ayade’s Defection Embarrassing, Shocking To PDP by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 22, 2021
He pain eh? grin
Godjone:
Ayade shot himself. He will get the same treatment as Akpamio. Shameless old fool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Metering Is Your Responsibility, NERC Fires Back At Discos / Reno Omokri: Sheikh Gumi Defends Bandits But Never Speaks For Their Victims / African Union Calls For 7,500-Strong Force To Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.