Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone (28530 Views)

What Is The Cost Of A New SIM Card In Your Area? / Has Anyone Been Able To Buy A New SIM Card Since The Ban Was Lifted? / I Keep Receiving strange Bank Alerts On My New Sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Fourteen90: 8:05pm On May 22, 2021
Good evening guys, something strange happened today. I got a message from one of this betting site that I had a coupon of 1,200 that is about to expire, but I couldn't remember playing a bet on that site. Out of curiousity I had to give it a try and see using the link attached to the SMS, surprisingly it was true. I actually used the coupon but I began to wonder and tried to remember at what time did I registered on that site, so I checked the transaction history and found an account number with a particular bank, only the last four digits of the account was displayed, the account is not mine and I don't get messages from the bank or any funny call(s) yet. At that point it dawned on me that someone had previously used the supposedly new SIM card that I bought and registered around last year ending.

So my point now is this, why did this particular network re-sell a SIM card that was previously used by another person? Who knows the kind of person that had previously used the SIM card. Please NCC needs to look into this matter, before someone will buy a SIM that was previously used by a criminal, kidnappers or terrorist

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Bankowner: 8:21pm On May 22, 2021
Nobody has used the SIM card you have, the number is a reassigned number that someone has relinquished and network operators are obligated to put these numbers back into use within 90 days.

153 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Onyenna(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2021
@Bankowner ....
That was how i bought an Etisalat line some years back and started getting credit alerts from two different banks i don’t use..... I was damn confused at first but then I realised someone else had used it before me. I even started getting messages from police officers. An officer once called me to congratulate me on my promotion to Inspector!!! I later stopped using the line though.....

Also, after my younger brother travelled to Canada, Mtn resold his line. Guess what?.... The new owner started recharging his line from my brother’s account. He was buying N10k credit. Sometimes N5k. My brother got several email alerts and later removed the line from his account.....

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Nobody: 1:40am On May 23, 2021
Never had such experience
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by ryfoz(m): 2:24am On May 23, 2021
Yeah it's possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by DMechyy: 3:14am On May 23, 2021
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Nobody: 4:34am On May 23, 2021
Normal Experience in the United States & other countries.

7 Likes

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by MasonKendall(m): 8:30am On May 23, 2021
Been there,
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Kezifils(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2021
Recycling ♻️ of numbers, I just hope it doesn't land ppl in unnecessary problem.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by directonpc(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2021
Enjoy
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Homogeneositys(f): 10:30am On May 23, 2021
It is possible, like glo, they sold my number to another person, my sim card is not functioning anymore, when people call my number the number will be picked my another person

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by dustmalik: 12:41pm On May 23, 2021
Recycling of domant lines is lawful. You are solely responsible for whatever happens afterwards, since it's your fault not getting it back if lost.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Chaoswalking(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Shuzzi(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2021
Yeah my sis is in such situation....

She bought a new MTN sim but it turned out to be a recycled sim that has been used by one Olaniyi Taiwo......

She keeps receiving calls, text messages including the person's bank alerts (credit and debit) and transactions.
Apparently the number is registered to his bank and its still active till now.

The person is really careless he is lucky I don't engage in fraud if not eehhh. grin

I still have all his bank details including his bvn sef. tongue

Ps: If you lose your sim that is linked to your bank the best thing to do is to rush and block the account then later you can change the number and reactivate it.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by money121(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2021
Sorry oo
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by ainas247: 3:30pm On May 23, 2021
cry OP OP grin grin how did you get the login details? And you use the coupon... Kontinue..

Meanwhile, rank your website to google page one and start getting organic traffic

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Tonyspecial(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2021
Sorry oo! Pant-ami has finished u

1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Cholls(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2021
Bankowner:
Nobody has used the SIM card you have, the number is a reassigned number that someone has relinquished and network operators are obligated to put these numbers back into use within 90 days.
my brother it's was recycled

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Samuel1402(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by MunchHouse: 3:31pm On May 23, 2021
Nigeria shaa

Seven content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by b3llo(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2021
Once bought an Airtel line unknown to me it was a recycled line. I stopped using it when some international n local numbers started calling me to remind me of certain deals.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by ojesymsym: 3:32pm On May 23, 2021
90 days? Is that not too short. That is just 3 months.
Bankowner:

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Chinekewinner: 3:32pm On May 23, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Ugandatales: 3:33pm On May 23, 2021
dustmalik:
Recycling of domant lines is lawful. You are solely responsible for whatever happens afterwards, since it's your fault not getting it back if lost.

Hmm
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by rawtouch: 3:33pm On May 23, 2021
grin

it's a recycled number
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 23, 2021
grin.. Don't worry the Network , Ncc , EFCC and other relevant agencies are fully aware of the Time the line was reallocated to you ! So calm down !
Investigation of any crime before it was reallocated to you will not affect you !
But new crime committed after that .........

NA Your Nyash e go Jammmmm grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by openmine(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2021
return the sim card and buy from a known network provider establishment instead of those road side quaks!
Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by tunary(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2021
If you don't want trouble you better return it before they track you with it.

Registered Sims can put one into big problem especially time like this where fraud is rampant

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Bought A New SIM Card That Has Been Previously Used By Someone by TVTKOKO(m): 3:36pm On May 23, 2021
Presently going through similar problem.
The sim I've been using all my life just all of a sudden started storing strange contacts.
Detected it when i was using Whatsapp. I wanted to limit my status views and then boom!i began to see strange contacts i never stored!
Hmmm!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' / MTN Increases Price Of Whatsapp, Facebook, 2go Goodybag Bundles / updated you can transform your android into iphone8 interface

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.