Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified (46565 Views)

Getting A Job In The Oil Industry With A Third Class: How Possible? / Who Else Received This Email From United Nations SDN? / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by EtherconnectNG(f): 9:00am On May 23, 2021
My dream place

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by chibuike65: 9:01am On May 23, 2021
IderadeAratumi:
I am a Female Nigerian in my early thirties and have been working @ the UN for several years.

This thread has been created to answer specific questions you may have about working in the UN.

I have been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and my days are always extremely busy ; juggling official duties with domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother cry. Notwithstanding, I will try my best to select serious questions and provide comprehensive feedback that will help you kick start your journey in this regard.

As the thread progresses, I shall be posting vacancies from several UN/international organisations in Nigeria, and also provide support with helping you to brand your CV for international organisations like the UN, but not limited to the UN.

Please note that this thread is for serious minded peeps only and comments irrelevant to the purpose of this (life changing) thread will be overlooked.

Kind Regards,
Iderade Aratumi
please first of all I need a CV review can you do that also?
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Ikegift4real(m): 9:02am On May 23, 2021
What are the jibs available?
Where do one apply.
What's the CV format like.
What is the working experience.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by princemartinsG(m): 9:02am On May 23, 2021
Let's wait and see how it plays out

daddytime:

You are smart...

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by gfaruk(m): 9:02am On May 23, 2021
Woow
Hav been waiting for this
Did they have any student package
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by tito44: 9:03am On May 23, 2021
UN mostly poach staffers from top iNGOs, Red Cross and MSF especially

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Nobody: 9:03am On May 23, 2021
EtherconnectNG:
My dream place
Our dream place cry
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by AirBay: 9:05am On May 23, 2021
@IdreadeAratumi

Let me get my popcorn grin

I have always wondered how people get Jobs at UN, UNESCO, WHO et al.

You must have big connections to start working with UN @ your 20s.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by chibuike65: 9:06am On May 23, 2021
Please can you also help in CV review to rearrange my CV to international standard, I think that's the first step

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by JONSYN7154: 9:10am On May 23, 2021
Someone7:
Mr "I'm a young woman who worked in the UN for several years" grin. No UN staff will ever post their name on nairaland for the attention. Kindly share your "experience" only, o. Just don't scam anyone sha
I disagree with you Sir. There are people who work in an international agencies and want to help but nairaland badmouthed people will make them to stop.

If one say he/she work in such organization the first thing to do is to investigate that person.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by tunapawizzy: 9:10am On May 23, 2021
This is awesome
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Kvng6464: 9:11am On May 23, 2021
Make i follow up
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by Legend44(m): 9:14am On May 23, 2021
IderadeAratumi:
I am a Female Nigerian in my early thirties and have been working @ the UN for several years.

This thread has been created to answer specific questions you may have about working in the UN.

I have been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and my days are always extremely busy ; juggling official duties with domestic responsibilities as a wife and mother cry. Notwithstanding, I will try my best to select serious questions and provide comprehensive feedback that will help you kick start your journey in this regard.

As the thread progresses, I shall be posting vacancies from several UN/international organisations in Nigeria, and also provide support with helping you to brand your CV for international organisations like the UN, but not limited to the UN.

Please note that this thread is for serious minded peeps only and comments irrelevant to the purpose of this (life changing) thread will be overlooked.

Kind Regards,
Iderade Aratumi

Thanks alot

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by ekoyo(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

Kind Regards,
Iderade Aratumi
can i actually get a job as an economist
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by adaperry25: 9:18am On May 23, 2021
tito44:
UN mostly poach staffers from top iNGOs, Red Cross and MSF especially
ordinary job seekers don't have hope
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by wickyyolo: 9:19am On May 23, 2021
chibuike65:
Please can you also help in CV review to rearrange my CV to international standard, I think that's the first step

Let me do that for you
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by lebete3000: 9:22am On May 23, 2021
IderadeAratumi:

Kind Regards,
Iderade Aratumi

Please what does it take to work as a Medical Officer Doctor with the United Nations, or do I tour the WHO route?
Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by oluyeyelanre: 9:28am On May 23, 2021
Is there any opportunity for Geologist in the UN. Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by peacettw: 9:31am On May 23, 2021
Why isn't she answering?

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by yahmohy27: 9:32am On May 23, 2021
Someone7:
Mr "I'm a young woman who worked in the UN for several years" grin. No UN staff will ever post their name on nairaland for the attention. Kindly share your "experience" only, o. Just don't scam anyone sha
Yes that Idera might not be her real name nah

7 Likes

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by yahmohy27: 9:32am On May 23, 2021
Someone7:

Yes that Idera might not be her real name nah

1 Like

Re: Getting A Job In The United Nations Demystified by angusakpuogwu: 9:34am On May 23, 2021
I'm fully interested

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP / Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police Force As Cadet ASP / Nigerian Employers Really Need To Stop This [picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.