Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? (3026 Views)

Plateau Killings: Hand Over Your Weapons Or Get Killed, COAS To Mangu Residents / Buhari Mourns Victims Of Nigerian Airforce Plane Crash In Kaduna / A Wounded Soldier Salutes The COAS On His Sick Bed -photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 12:33am On May 23, 2021
Nlanders, I personally think that it's out of place for an army officer to use any of the aircrafts of the Airforce unless of course in a war situation,
The Nigerian Army should have a transport plane or helicopter for their chief.
I see this action of the army chief using an Airforce plane as longer-throat on the part of the army chief, a competent army ought to have its own fleet of planes same as the Navy should,
And I'm sure there were Army helicopters he could have used.
Rip to him!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Kandeed: 12:50am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Nlanders, I personally think that it's out of place for an army officer to use any of the aircrafts of the Airforce unless of course in a war situation,
I see this action of the army chief using an Airforce plane as longer-throat on the part of the army chief, a competent army ought to have its own fleet of planes same as the Navy should,
Rip to him!

if you're suggesting this, do well to also support them with whatever financial assistance they needed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 12:57am On May 23, 2021
Kandeed:

if you're suggesting this, do well to also support them with whatever financial assistance they needed
The defence allocations running into billions if naira can do this and more for them.
Why would the Airforce be responsible for the transport of Army officers when it's not a war situation?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Kandeed: 1:08am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

The defence allocations running into billions if naira can do this and more for them.
Why would the Airforce be responsible for the transport of Army officers when it's not a war situation?

what is Airforce, army and Navy do you think there's any difference btwn them?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:14am On May 23, 2021
Kandeed:

what is Airforce, army and Navy do you think there's any difference btwn them?
A lot of difference, Airforce is in charge of the air, Army controls land, Navy controls the waters.
They have their different functions,
There's no way the Navy would abandon the waters and start taking over land and vice versa, that's why the Navy and Airforce doesn't possess battle tanks and other equipments for land warfare.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by owobokiri(m): 1:16am On May 23, 2021
3/4 of the planes in the presidential fleet should be handed over to the armed forces. They're the ones doing the job. The country has close to ten airplanes for the president alone! Where is he flying to? The man just likes flying around.. Release the planes to the commanding officers of the different security agencies fighting wars and sit your behind in a place. Some of the presidential planes are packed most times while his service Chiefs fly in these outdated planes.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Poloyanabo2(m): 1:30am On May 23, 2021
owobokiri:
3/4 of the planes in the presidential fleet should be handed over to the armed forces. They're the ones doing the job. The country has close to ten airplanes for the president alone! Where is he flying to? The man just likes flying around.. Release the planes to the commanding officers if the different security agencies fighting wars and sit your behind in a place. Some of the presidential planes are packed most times while his service Chiefs fly in these outdated planed.
Methinks the Army needs to be given a fleet of planes separately from the Airforce,
Same as the Navy, I don't see a reason why the Airforce should be responsible for the transport of the army chief.
I'm not comparing Nigerian Army to the US Army but the US Army has its own fleet of planes and pilots and doesn't need the help of the Airforce unless there's a war situation that needs the general cooperation of all armed forces, since we tend to copy the west why not copy this positive aspect too?

The Airforce is only responsible for the transport of the President, its not a branch of the Army, it should only be serving the army during war situations or national emergencies as stipulated by law.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by XXXXTENTACION: 2:35am On May 23, 2021
From my little knowledge
Navy = Ships and Submarines
Airforce = Aircrafts i.e fighter Jets, Drones,
Army = Helicopters, Tanks, Drones, fighter Jets, Heavy artilleries.
but then you are correct the army should also have aircrafts too but i don't know for naija undecided
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Nobody: 2:45am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Rip to him!
Is he the only person that died in the crash?There were about 10 personnel on board that plane but the coas seems to be the only person that is getting all the sympathy.So others are not important?
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Mynd44: 4:28am On May 23, 2021
owobokiri:
3/4 of the planes in the presidential fleet should be handed over to the armed forces. They're the ones doing the job. The country has close to ten airplanes for the president alone! Where is he flying to? The man just likes flying around.. Release the planes to the commanding officers if the different security agencies fighting wars and sit your behind in a place. Some of the presidential planes are packed most times while his service Chiefs fly in these outdated planed.
The presidential air fleet is not responsible for only the president. It is also responsible for the transportation or the vice president, Senate president and the speaker of the house while Eagle on is exclusive two the president. The PAF has also been brought under the air force now instead of being an exclusive arm off the presidency (cost and security issues I think)

The PAF does not actually have 10 aircraft's again. It consists of 5 planes and one helicopter right now as three planes have been sold off and two other planes returned to the airforce.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Nobody: 4:49am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Rip to him!
And this will prevent the FLEETS from crashing too when the unfortunate situation comes knocking?
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Edibles20: 4:58am On May 23, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:

And this will prevent the FLEETS from crashing too when the unfortunate situation comes knocking?

No. That’s not what he’s implying. Don’t be mischievous. I agree with what he said. The Army Corp should have its own means of transportation, especially for transportation of its topmost man.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by AgentGoat: 5:37am On May 23, 2021
I be wan ask too. So many airforce personnel lost their lives for their bullshits games.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by obyrich(m): 5:38am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Rip to him!
He sent out the army helicopters to Arondizuogu to harass Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by chinjo(m): 5:42am On May 23, 2021
The aircraft belongs to Nigerian Armed forces and not Nigerian air force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Brimstone77: 5:51am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

A lot of difference, Airforce is in charge of the air, Army controls land, Navy controls the waters.
They have their different functions,
There's no way the Navy would abandon the waters and start taking over land and vice versa, that's why the Navy and Airforce doesn't possess battle tanks and other equipments for land warfare.
come to South East you will find multiple Navy base and check points in remote villages that doesn't have any access to stream let alone river..

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by funkekemi(f): 6:00am On May 23, 2021
Mynd44:

The presidential air fleet is not responsible for only the president. It is also responsible for the transportation or the vice president, Senate president and the speaker of the house while Eagle on is exclusive two the president. The PAF has also been brought under the air force now instead of being an exclusive arm off the presidency (cost and security issues I think)

The PAF does not actually have 10 aircraft's again. It consists of 5 planes and one helicopter right now as three planes have been sold off and two other planes returned to the airforce.
any story from you is fake until verified so I won't believe this

7 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by tito44: 6:05am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

Methinks the Army needs to be given a fleet of planes separately from the Airforce,
Same as the Navy, I don't see a reason why the Airforce should be responsible for the transport of the army chief.
I'm not comparing Nigerian Army to the US Army but the US Army has its own fleet of planes and pilots and doesn't need the help of the Airforce unless there's a war situation that needs the general cooperation of all armed forces, since we tend to copy the west why not copy this positive aspect too?

The Airforce is only responsible for the transport of the President, its not a branch of the Army, it should only be serving the army during war situations or national emergencies as stipulated by law.

Even the Army has an airwing unit. Their head office for that unit is opposite UniAbuja perm site - close to the airport. So I don't know why it should even be flying in the planes of Airforce
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by tito44: 6:06am On May 23, 2021
chinjo:
The aircraft belongs to Nigerian Armed forces and not Nigerian air force.

Oga, it belongs to Nigerian Air force

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by tito44: 6:08am On May 23, 2021
XXXXTENTACION:
From my little knowledge
Navy = Ships and Submarines
Airforce = Aircrafts i.e fighter Jets, Drones,
Army = Helicopters, Tanks, Drones, fighter Jets, Heavy artilleries.
but then you are correct the army should also have aircrafts too but i don't know for naija undecided

The Army has an AirWing unit. They have alot of planes and helicopters of their own
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by 24SEVEN: 6:10am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Nlanders, I personally think that it's out of place for an army officer to use any of the aircrafts of the Airforce unless of course in a war situation
Rip to him!

So you don't know we are in a war situation??

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by babyfaceafrica: 6:13am On May 23, 2021
Navy should also have an a plane or helicopter too abi? And Army should should have its own ships? They are all defence forces, anyone can use anything abeg.. Let us hear word. Let the dead rest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Kzinne: 6:13am On May 23, 2021
owobokiri:
the airforce is already in charge of the presidential fleet so shut up

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Kzinne: 6:16am On May 23, 2021
tito44:

Oga, it belongs to Nigerian Air force
get educated Nigerians. So you saying if army officials were to travel on sea they should have their own ships and not use that of the Navy?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by BafanaBafana: 6:16am On May 23, 2021
Check the duties of the airforce
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by tito44: 6:18am On May 23, 2021
Kzinne:
get educated Nigerians. So you saying if army officials were to travel on sea they should have their own ships and not use that of the Navy?

Can u just shut up if u have nothing sensible to add here. Nigeria navy, Army (as it is in most places of the world) have their own fleet of helicopter and fixed winged aircrafts. A little research would have saved u this ur folly.
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by chrisblack: 6:20am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Rip to him!
You are not serious
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Kzinne: 6:33am On May 23, 2021
tito44:

Can u just shut up if u have nothing sensible to add here. Nigeria navy, Army (as it is in most places of the world) have their own fleet of helicopter and fixed winged aircrafts. A little research would have saved u this ur folly.
yes but in war periods like this the airforce should do most of the airlift operations so shut up
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by tito44: 6:37am On May 23, 2021
Kzinne:
yes but in war periods like this the airforce should do most of the airlift operations so shut up

U re still making a jest of urself. It is a standard operating procedure. Nothing like in war periods
Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Sammy07: 6:46am On May 23, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Rip to him!
tito44:

Lols, anyways setting the record straight.
The Chief of Army Staff
Chief of Defense staff
The Navy
The Airforce

They can use any of each other Planes, ships and Tanks. Whenever they feel like.
The Head of Army, and Airforce can make use of Navy ship if they're going to somewhere via water.

The Head of Army and Navy can make use of Airforce planes.

The head of Navy and Airforce can make use of Army Cars and tanks.

They're all under one body.
Chief of Army staff using Airforce aircraft isn't wrong!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by Rodwave: 7:03am On May 23, 2021
Mynd44:

Zoneb stop spreading lies, face your moderator job.
Seun pls ban this Apc bot for spreading unsubstantiated false information

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For The Coas To Fly In An Airforce Plane? by khadaffi(m): 7:06am On May 23, 2021
Mynd44:

How are we sure this is true? Tomorrow someone will say this is not true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of The 27 Newly Appointed Appeal Court Judges. - Hope For Nigeria / IPOB Are Terrorists- Enugu Catholic Bishop Slams IPOB / Tension In Anambra As Soludo Issues Another Threat To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.