Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. (45408 Views)

N15,000 Salary In Ibadan Or N10,000 Salary In Osun? / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? / Lagos Ministry Sacks Employee For Disclosing ₦35,000 Salary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Lumidee007(m): 2:53pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:
Hi Everyone, I’m 26 years old and I want to share my little story with you all. I hope you can learn a thing or two from it. This is not my main account, I had to create a new account in view of my decision to share my story on this platform. I’ve been a Nairalander since 2012 and I have benefitted from the amazing academic and career insights shared by many. So, I thought it kind to share mine to help others in this amazing community.

I graduated from the University (if I reveal this, my colleagues who are avid Nairalanders would identify me grin) some 4-5 years ago with a second class upper, then proceeded to the Nigerian Law School (still made 2:1) and served in Rivers State. I did my NYSC in a reputable law firm (name withheld) in Port Harcourt. It was quite an experience both good and bad. I left the firm after service year out of frustration due to the poor leadership and mismanagement of funds by the head of office (the guy has since been fired). Mind you, my salary as a corper was 10k (the average NYSC legal associate in Lagos earned at least 5 -7 times this amount). I had depression at this point in my life.

After my unpleasant experience at the Port Harcourt firm and months of depression coupled with deep thinking and reflection, I decided to relocate to Lagos in January 2020 hoping to find a change in perspective. Mind you, I’m not from a poor background, my parents are both highly educated and middle-class workers residing in the South. Part of my resolve in relocating to Lagos was that I wouldn’t practice law again, I’ll probably go into technology, banking, or corporate communications (I speak eloquently).

After my relocation, I teamed up with a friend to work at a technology startup somewhere on the Island but this newfound path didn’t go as planned (I call this divine providence) and I was back to sitting at home. I did a few speaking jobs (volunteering) and some petty legal jobs for my friends and family to get by. At this same time, I was aggressively applying for both legal and non-legal jobs. This decision came on the background of my Dad’s advice that I should dust my CV/Certificates, search for a job and revive my already dwindling legal career. My Dad’s attempt to connect me to a senior partner at a hotshot law firm in Victoria Island failed and I basically had to do it my way.

Fast-forward to mid-February 2020 I had three interviews in three law firms within a space of two weeks. These firms ranged from mid-sized to small-sized. I attended all the interviews, the first interview was in a small law firm managed by a Senior Advocate. The SAN immediately liked my personality and offered to instantly hire me on a monthly pay of 100k (below industry standard). The other two law firms had slightly better remuneration, great structure and were bigger in size and outlook but their recruitment process was lengthy and I had to start immediately with the SAN on my Dad’s advice. I grudgingly stayed with the small firm hoping that I’ll get an offer from either of the two mid-sized firms and then port. Unfortunately, COVID happened and one of the firms discontinued my recruitment process while the other firm out rightly rejected me. I was deeply heartbroken. In order to keep my spirit and dreams alive, my Dad kept drumming into my ears that a smaller firm meant more work and a better learning experience. He kept reiterating the need to “know” the law and stop chasing money (what all senior lawyers say ). So, I was basically stuck with this 100k job, trust me at first the environment was deadening and monotonous (reading law reports and writing legal opinions every day isn’t fun at all cry). I felt like ditching my Old man’s advice and resigning during this period but due to COVID, I had to borrow commonsense and stay back. Little did I know that staying back was the best decision I would ever make to date, all thanks to God, my Dad and COVID.

While 100k may sound fair to most people, kindly note that some of my colleagues (with the same academic grades as mine) in top firms earned a monthly average of 250k or more. This awareness made me very discontent and unhappy but I still hung on to my job (a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush) besides, who quits his or her job in the midst of a COVID induced global economic crises.

Then in October 2020, everything changed! My boss got this very big personal legal project, it was really big and my boss asked me to come on board the project team. I was then paid the sum of N2.5Million for my participation and input in the project. Later on, another personal project came through, although little. I did not even do much this time and my boss gifted me 500 Pounds from the project. All of this financial largess is outside my boss’ magnanimity in other areas like superb mentoring, paying for my professional certifications, and giving me advice (my boss can advise for Africa grin), etc. Mind you, no matter how much I’m gifted or paid from the personal projects handled by my boss, my salary is still fully paid and as at when due. All these legal projects are reflected in my CV and have greatly boosted my career prospect. These projects have also helped me to build an impressive Linkedin profile and I’m currently very active in that space.

Recently, I got involved in another personal legal project with my boss and was paid N2 Million from the project fees. Sometimes, I look back at the events of my life and ask myself how I got to this pivotal point. If I hadn’t listened to my Dad’s advice and sought God’s face, I don’t think I would enjoy this type of privilege. I remember asking God for a multinational job but here I was, stuck with a 100k job completely unaware that God put a...

Same happened to me
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Belial06: 2:55pm On May 23, 2021
[s]
SocialJustice:
Omo, phuck off. Just be happy when others succeed so that one day, it will be your turn.
[/s]

Again let me reiterate grin
You are too dumb to understand my comment or understand what success is . grin
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by oluplus(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:
Hi Everyone, I’m 26 years old and I want to share my little story with you all. I hope you can learn a thing or two from it. This is not my main account, I had to create a new account in view of my decision to share my story on this platform. I’ve been a Nairalander since 2012 and I have benefitted from the amazing academic and career insights shared by many. So, I thought it kind to share mine to help others in this amazing community.

I graduated from the University (if I reveal this, my colleagues who are avid Nairalanders would identify me grin) some 4-5 years ago with a second class upper, then proceeded to the Nigerian Law School (still made 2:1) and served in Rivers State. I did my NYSC in a reputable law firm (name withheld) in Port Harcourt. It was quite an experience both good and bad. I left the firm after service year out of frustration due to the poor leadership and mismanagement of funds by the head of office (the guy has since been fired). Mind you, my salary as a corper was 10k (the average NYSC legal associate in Lagos earned at least 5 -7 times this amount). I had depression at this point in my life.

After my unpleasant experience at the Port Harcourt firm and months of depression coupled with deep thinking and reflection, I decided to relocate to Lagos in January 2020 hoping to find a change in perspective. Mind you, I’m not from a poor background, my parents are both highly educated and middle-class workers residing in the South. Part of my resolve in relocating to Lagos was that I wouldn’t practice law again, I’ll probably go into technology, banking, or corporate communications (I speak eloquently).

After my relocation, I teamed up with a friend to work at a technology startup somewhere on the Island but this newfound path didn’t go as planned (I call this divine providence) and I was back to sitting at home. I did a few speaking jobs (volunteering) and some petty legal jobs for my friends and family to get by. At this same time, I was aggressively applying for both legal and non-legal jobs. This decision came on the background of my Dad’s advice that I should dust my CV/Certificates, search for a job and revive my already dwindling legal career. My Dad’s attempt to connect me to a senior partner at a hotshot law firm in Victoria Island failed and I basically had to do it my way.

Fast-forward to mid-February 2020 I had three interviews in three law firms within a space of two weeks. These firms ranged from mid-sized to small-sized. I attended all the interviews, the first interview was in a small law firm managed by a Senior Advocate. The SAN immediately liked my personality and offered to instantly hire me on a monthly pay of 100k (below industry standard). The other two law firms had slightly better remuneration, great structure and were bigger in size and outlook but their recruitment process was lengthy and I had to start immediately with the SAN on my Dad’s advice. I grudgingly stayed with the small firm hoping that I’ll get an offer from either of the two mid-sized firms and then port. Unfortunately, COVID happened and one of the firms discontinued my recruitment process while the other firm out rightly rejected me. I was deeply heartbroken. In order to keep my spirit and dreams alive, my Dad kept drumming into my ears that a smaller firm meant more work and a better learning experience. He kept reiterating the need to “know” the law and stop chasing money (what all senior lawyers say ). So, I was basically stuck with this 100k job, trust me at first the environment was deadening and monotonous (reading law reports and writing legal opinions every day isn’t fun at all cry). I felt like ditching my Old man’s advice and resigning during this period but due to COVID, I had to borrow commonsense and stay back. Little did I know that staying back was the best decision I would ever make to date, all thanks to God, my Dad and COVID.

While 100k may sound fair to most people, kindly note that some of my colleagues (with the same academic grades as mine) in top firms earned a monthly average of 250k or more. This awareness made me very discontent and unhappy but I still hung on to my job (a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush) besides, who quits his or her job in the midst of a COVID induced global economic crises.

Then in October 2020, everything changed! My boss got this very big personal legal project, it was really big and my boss asked me to come on board the project team. I was then paid the sum of N2.5Million for my participation and input in the project. Later on, another personal project came through, although little. I did not even do much this time and my boss gifted me 500 Pounds from the project. All of this financial largess is outside my boss’ magnanimity in other areas like superb mentoring, paying for my professional certifications, and giving me advice (my boss can advise for Africa grin), etc. Mind you, no matter how much I’m gifted or paid from the personal projects handled by my boss, my salary is still fully paid and as at when due. All these legal projects are reflected in my CV and have greatly boosted my career prospect. These projects have also helped me to build an impressive Linkedin profile and I’m currently very active in that space.

Recently, I got involved in another personal legal project with my boss and was paid N2 Million from the project fees. Sometimes, I look back at the events of my life and ask myself how I got to this pivotal point. If I hadn’t listened to my Dad’s advice and sought God’s face, I don’t think I would enjoy this type of privilege. I remember asking God for a multinational job but here I was, stuck with a 100k job completely unaware that God put a multinational remuneration in a small office with barely 8 employees. I’ve only worked for a year and 3 months but I’ve achieved what some people haven’t achieved in 3-5 years (career-wise and financially). Please don’t reject certain little offers that come your way, pray to God and seek advice where possible. Some blessings come in disguises and you may never know. This is my little grace-filled career story; I hope it inspires someone today. I want to thank God Almighty for his grace in my career and my lovely parents for their advice and tremendous support.

PS: I have abridged my story to hide certain facts and information for my personal safety and that of my office and boss. My story may sound too good to be true but believe me, it is absolutely true.

1. Despise not the days of little beginning.
2. Your Boss is a good man.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Shaev7(m): 3:01pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

I graduated from the University (if I reveal this, my colleagues who are avid Nairalanders would identify
me grin) some 4-5 years ago with a second class upper, then proceeded to the Nigerian Law School (still made 2:1) and served in Rivers State. I did my NYSC in a reputable law firm (name withheld) in Port Harcourt. It was quite an experience both good and bad. I left the firm after service year out of frustration due to the poor leadership and mismanagement of funds by the head of office (the guy has since been fired). Mind you, my salary as a corper was 10k (the average NYSC legal associate in Lagos earned at least 5 -7 times this amount). I had depression at this point in my life.

Recently, I got involved in another personal legal project with my boss and was paid N2 Million from the project fees. Sometimes, I look back at the events of my life and ask myself how I got to this pivotal point. If I hadn’t listened to my Dad’s advice and sought God’s face, I don’t think I would enjoy this type of privilege. I remember asking God for a multinational job but here I was, stuck with a 100k job completely unaware that God put a multinational remuneration in a small office with barely 8 employees. I’ve only worked for a year and 3 months but I’ve achieved what some people haven’t achieved in 3-5 years (career-wise and financially). Please don’t reject certain little offers that come your way, pray to God and seek advice where possible. Some blessings come in disguises and you may never know. This is my little grace-filled career story; I hope it inspires someone today. I want to thank God Almighty for his grace in my career and my lovely parents for their advice and tremendous support.

PS: I have abridged my story to hide certain facts and information for my personal safety and that of my office and boss. My story may sound too good to be true but believe me, it is absolutely true.
Good.
Patience is the key virtue that played here. Also, respect to what elders told you (your dad).
Keep flying barrister.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Wahala09: 3:13pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

help me with something even if it 1k to feed country is hard thanks sir.. 0113381413 gt bank
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Wahala09: 3:17pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

thank God for you sir,, pls in God's mercy help me with anything 0113381413 gt bank
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by ModestGal(f): 3:17pm On May 23, 2021
Well, I'm not awed
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Kingjabon: 3:17pm On May 23, 2021
Pls I need something to make money legally....anybody that can teach me, Asup and Federal Poly, Ede internal strike have want to finish me...gained HND admission since 2019, still yet,I am still in HND 1. Pls teach me something to make money oooo,to ask for food money is a big issue for me, cause there is no progress, my junior ones sef don pass
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by ThatPetiteChic: 3:18pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

Yes...my dad and I advised him to stay with Ajibade because he had time for his fiverr work and self development. Also, money isn't everything. Though he is probably getting the experience and exposure but the stress is telling on his health. He told me last week that his spiritual life is dwindling because he is too tired to pray in the morning and night. Anyway, he will be leaving for his masters before the end of this year and I believe he has learnt his lesson.

Another uncle of mine(a pharmacist) had 2 offers: a very big pharmaceutical company and an average one. He picked the average and he has risen to the top in that company. Presently, His peers are envious of him and has built a duplex where he is living.

Lastly, I stay in PH and this place is only good for oil workers. Salary here can not be compared to Lagos. I'm also planning on leaving PH...

I'm so sorry for the epistle.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Cpossibility(m): 3:19pm On May 23, 2021
Menogetshishi:
I pray you'll continue to go higher and higher bro.

Pls help my ministry with anything bro:
Access
Adebayo

You took undue advantage of my unfortunate situation to scam someone 5k. If I may ask, having received the money, have your problems finished in life? I won't curse you but nature has the right justice for you.

1 Like

Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Ejike07: 3:21pm On May 23, 2021
I tap into your beautiful testimony. all the best great man
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Lamasta(m): 3:25pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

Your story remind me of this bible quote below

Despise not the days of humble beginnings

Favour smiled on you because you heed to your dad's advice...
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by franklingud(m): 3:27pm On May 23, 2021
This is the line I picked best.

Please don’t reject certain little offers that come your way, pray to God and seek advice where possible. Some blessings come in disguises and you may never know.

God works in mysterious ways sometimes!

More heights OP
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Teespice(f): 3:43pm On May 23, 2021
SwiftxChange:
Thank God you didn't reject the offer because of what you think your mates were earning. I am glad it all ended well for you!

Comparison is the thief of joy people. Live in the moment, enjoy what you do while seeking better prospects. As long as there's breath of air, everybody will eventually find the breakthrough they seek. There's still hope. Amen.

I buy bitcoins at super cool rates. Do well to check out my signature. 0.8.1.3.1.6.4.5.7.7.0

Your second paragraph is nothing but the truth. Sadly, many people know this but choose to put themselves under unnecessary pressure forgetting that people's journeys are different.

OP, Congratulations. More juicy briefs and renumerations to you.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:53pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

is this a disease or something with Nigeria lawyers or their training !!!

can not them tell a story in two sentences

no wonder a case can stay in court for ten years
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by bigbam: 3:58pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

I tap into this amazing testimony, ma favor locate me from all sides...
u fr do Thanksgiving giveaway o as today Na sunday... abi hw u see am
0012961406 stanbic... cheers
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Elliot2(m): 4:18pm On May 23, 2021
Godsownchild199:

I am so happy for you. Please, I have a legal business proposal for you. Kindly accept it. 070#41#5861#42
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by byinks(f): 4:20pm On May 23, 2021
I'm happy for you.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by prohet: 4:25pm On May 23, 2021
I tap into this grace.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Godsownchild199: 4:25pm On May 23, 2021
OJURONGBE1:

You're a bloody fucking liar.
Aluko & Oyebode don't pay 180k for their youth service intern.
Yes, the same Templars founded by Olumide Akpata. That Adewale Atake, a partner, bagged his SANShip few years ago. That kenneth worked at before he left for postgraduate studies.
The same firm Tolu works in their Regulatory Compliance, Immigration & Employment.
That's your problem fam. You're getting a headache over my success story. Your findings still doesn't invalidate my story brother. Just as you got your facts, I got mine. God has blessed me. If you doubt send me your contact and I'll tell you who I work for and maybe show you a screenshot of my account balance. That will make you sleep well this night. Look I'm a blessed lawyer. I know more SANs than you'll ever know in a lifetime. My boss has exposed me even internationally in the area of law we specialize in. Don't be to bitter in life over anything. I'm blessed and there's nothing you or anyone can do about it. Hope this makes you sleep well tonight. Shalom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by SweetyZinta(f): 4:35pm On May 23, 2021
Great story. May God bless your parents and Boss. Provide great opportunities for the teaming graduates in Nigeria.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by maasoap(m): 4:40pm On May 23, 2021
Belial06:
Hahahaha Fake post on the beat

How to spot a fake post

They always have he following

1. This is not my main account, I had to create a new account in view of my decision to share my story on this platform. grin

2. I’ve been a Nairalander since ......
They always claim to have been on nairaland since 1970 grin

3. Their story is always too perfect well structured and totally incredulous nonsense

4. Or their story is one rubbish about my brother is sleeping with his son what should i do? Or I sponsored my girl from nursery to university and she cheated on me buh hoo hoo. All trash Nollywood knock off stories

5. These posts are created for the sole reason of getting traffic and are not real

6. The worst kind are those stories that pander to male chauvinist and feminists like my wife refused DNA test please advise grin or my husband rapes me please I am fed up I need mature minds only advise grin

I can boldy tell you that 99.9% of all relationship or family matters threads on this forum are fake made up stories and alot of the responses are fake to lure you in and lend some sort of credibility to the fake story

You are so wrong my friend. The day you need to create a new account to post something because you don't want your main account to be referenced later is the day you will understand the reason for creating new account

1 Like

Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Odunayaw(m): 4:53pm On May 23, 2021
Make this grace find me too oo!

Whiteboard animation class, 28/29 May. Discount for Early Birds

https:///s/60895aaf11878

Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by SwiftxChange: 4:56pm On May 23, 2021
Sickmod:

I am stealing the bolded...that is deep!

God bless you
Amen and God bless you too man.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by EGRL(f): 4:57pm On May 23, 2021
wow...congratulations... pls can u help my husband he is a lawyer and jobless
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by toyinsalammy(f): 4:57pm On May 23, 2021
Congratulations Bro. I hope to share my testimony too soon.
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Assurance001(f): 4:59pm On May 23, 2021
Congratulations Bros, more success story. Please can you assist me to get a sewing machine for me to achieve my success story. Thanks in anticipation and more blessings
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Ghast12: 5:13pm On May 23, 2021
Oh
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by GorillaApp(m): 5:14pm On May 23, 2021
Pls help me appreciate you dad. Help me buy am gift. Tell am say na me say make u buy am for am.
Never be ungrateful to your boss.

Lord i tap into this young man's blessing
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by Henrycube(m): 5:17pm On May 23, 2021
[color=#990000][/color]I wonder how God work at times, it seems he never sleep nor slumber...God change my story to greatness ooo
Re: From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. by nnaekezie: 5:21pm On May 23, 2021
Am hungry bro help brother
0012879145 stanbic ibtc nna fred

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FRSC Commander, Andrew Kumapayi, Cuts Female Officers Hair (Photos) / Two Workers Die In Underground Petrol Tank In Lagos This Morning / Side Income For An 8-To-6 Job Worker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.