Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,506 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:46 PM

21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol (1761 Views)

'Kumuyi: Defender of the Faith' - Adeboye, Authors Extol Kumuyi In New Book / What Is The Difference Between Faith And Hope? / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On May 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
I have a question which no drinker of alcohol has ever answered me.

The question is - what is your reason for drinking alcohol?

Because God said it's OK to drink Alcoholic beverages inside his courtyard!

"And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the LORD thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household" Deuteronomy 14:26
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On May 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

It is not good for christians to drink wine and I'm convinced about it.

*. Proverbs 31:4 "KJV: IT IS NOT FOR KINGS, O Lemuel, IT IS NOT FOR KINGS TO DRINK WINE; nor for princes strong drink:"

*. Revelation 5: 10 "KJV: AND HAST MADE US unto our God KINGS and priests: and we shall reign on the earth"

*. Revelation 1:6 "KJV: AND HATH MADE US KINGS AND PRIESTS UNTO GOD and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen."

note:
IT IS NOT FOR KINGS TO DRINK WINE;
AND ( Jesus) HATH MADE US KINGS AND PRIESTS UNTO GOD

Kings and priests are not allowed to take alcohol:

*. Leviticus 10:8 "KJV:And the Lord spake unto Aaron, saying,
KJV: DO NOT DRINK WINE NOR STRONG DRINK, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations:"

I'm going to use this opportunity to post many things the Lord has helped me to know about alcohol intake:
those to take, those not to take and the reasons.
So, even though Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of God Hinself declared that there is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol, you feel that going around the Truth of God Himself, you can come up with a better prescription than Jesus Christ for all Christian's right? undecided

The way many of you so called Christians reason never ceases go astound me. undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 5:22am On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, even though Jesus Christ, the New Covenant Law of God Hinself declared that there is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol, you feel that going around the Truth of God Himself, you can come up with a better prescription than Jesus Christ for all Christian's right? undecided

The way many of you so called Christians reason never ceases go astound me. undecided

Jesus did not teach that HIS FOLLOWERS SHOULD NEVER WASH THEIR HANDS (some of you are trying to make it looks like that)

He did not teach that HIS FOLLOWERS SHOULD TAKE ALCOHOL, NO!

The summary of that teaching is UNWASHED HAND IS NOT A SIN.

Alcohol can/ have been causing health complications. It is not wise for any followers of Jesus to go into eating or drinking things that can cause him some health issues.
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 5:38am On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Jesus did not teach that HIS FOLLOWERS SHOULD NEVER WASH THEIR HANDS (some of you are trying to make it looks like that)
He did not teach that HIS FOLLOWERS SHOULD TAKE ALCOHOL, NO!
The summary of that teaching is UNWASHED HAND IS NOT A SIN.
Alcohol can/ have been causing health complications. It is not wise for any followers of Jesus to go into eating or drinking things that can cause him some health issues.
1. What has the washing of hands to in fact do with the lesson that Jesus Christ taught His disciples and even went even further to explain in plain terms to them in that context? undecided

2. If you refuse to learn from the mouth of the one you claim to be your master, who then do you think your true master is? Are you sure the relationship you claim to have is with Him and not your egos still? undecided

Matthew 15 vs 11- 20

10 Jesus called the people to him. He said, “Listen and understand what I am saying.
11 It is not what people put in their mouth that makes them wrong.[c] It is what comes out of their mouth that makes them wrong.”

12 Then the followers came to Jesus and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees are upset about what you said?”

13 Jesus answered, “Every plant that my Father in heaven has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.
14 Stay away from the Pharisees. They lead the people, but they are like blind men leading other blind men. And if a blind man leads another blind man, both of them will fall into a ditch.”

15 Peter said, “Explain to us what you said earlier to the people.”

16 Jesus said, “Do you still have trouble understanding?
17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 5:41am On May 25, 2021
@ kobojunkie

One of the things He helps me to know about alcohol is that it is described as POISON.

And alcohol being a POISON should not be managed. That is, don't say let me take a little of it.

No matter how little a poison is, it is still a poison. That is to say, it's not how big or small it is that determines whether it's harmful or not.

The above point is my 2nd reason why I created this topic. He had let me know this far back, so when I read similar thing from the net, I'm happy.

The link again
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www..com/talk/topic,498286.0.html&ved=2ahUKEwjU8MbvgeTwAhWtwAIHHTt0BWsQFjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw2zdOYo7oNhziZFUPT8IFeV
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 5:49am On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
@ kobojunkie

One of the things He helps me to know about alcohol is that it is described as POISON.

And alcohol being a POISON should not be managed. That is, don't say let me take a little of it.

No matter how little a poison is, it is still a poison. That is to say, it's not how big or small it is that determines whether it's harmful or not.

The above point is my 2nd reason why I created this topic. He had let me know this far back, so when I read similar thing from the net, I'm happy.

By suggesting there that Jesus Christ told you that alcohol is poison to your mind reveals that you are still not being Truthful. I know this because the same Jesus Christ stated that one of the signs of those who follow Him is that they will drink poison and it will not harm them. undecided

Mark 16 vs 15 - 18 (ERV)

15 He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
17 And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
18 If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
You need to be sure what spirit you listen to because the Spirit that is of God will never contradict God's Truth. undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 6:30am On May 25, 2021
@ kobojunkie
Verse that describes alcohol as poison:
*. Deuteronomy 32:33 "
KJV: THEIR WINE IS THE POISON OF DRAGONS, and the cruel venom of asps."

Now, consider the use of the word THEIR... who are they?
Those that belong to the other side.

WINE is divided into two, i.e two types of wine. This two types of... is used for almost all things. Examples:

A. Courage: good courage - Joshua 1:6 and bad courage - numbers 16:1-30;

B. Wisdom: Heavenly/ godly wisdom - James 3:17 and earthly wisdom - James 3:15;

C. WINE: good/ tonic wine - john 2:10, mark 14:25 and strong drink or alcoholic wine Proverbs 31: 4.

*. John 2:10 "KJV:And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth GOOD WINE; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept THE GOOD WINE until now."

GOOD WINE is what Jesus gave the people, good wine is what Himself drank,

GOOD WINE is what we are going to drink at the marriage supper of the Lamb.

*. Mark 14:25 "KJV:Verily I say unto you, I WILL DRINK NO MORE OF THE FRUIT OF THE VINE, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

note! Jesus called what He used to drink THE FRUIT OF THE VINE. In other words this is fruit juice, good wine, NON INTOXICANTS.

Do you know that even those who small igbo ( weeds) do say that Jesus smoked igbo. Or you've never heard them before?....
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 6:48am On May 25, 2021
@kobojunkie
....THEIR WINE IS THE POISON OF DRAGONS, and the cruel venom of asps

Our own wine is the PREVIOUS BLOOD OF Jesus....

they have their wisdom, understanding, kingdom, etc.

While we have ours. Don't crave for their own, only know what is yours. Never give the devil chance - Ephesians 4:27
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
@kobojunkie
....THEIR WINE IS THE POISON OF DRAGONS, and the cruel venom of asps
Our own wine is the PREVIOUS BLOOD OF Jesus....
they have their wisdom, understanding, kingdom, etc.
While we have ours. Don't crave for their own, only know what is yours. Never give the devil chance - Ephesians 4:27
So your confession remains that Jesus Christ is a Liar! .

Mark 16 vs 15 - 18 (ERV)

15 He said to them, “Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to everyone.
16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved. But those who do not believe will be judged guilty.
17 And the people who believe will be able to do these things as proof: They will use my name to force demons out of people. They will speak in languages they never learned.
18 If they pick up snakes or drink any poison, they will not be hurt. They will lay their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
@ kobojunkie
Verse that describes alcohol as poison:
*. Deuteronomy 32:33 "
KJV: THEIR WINE IS THE POISON OF DRAGONS, and the cruel venom of asps."

Now, consider the use of the word THEIR... who are they?
Those that belong to the other side.

WINE is divided into two, i.e two types of wine. This two types of... is used for almost all things. Examples:

A. Courage: good courage - Joshua 1:6 and bad courage - numbers 16:1-30;

B. Wisdom: Heavenly/ godly wisdom - James 3:17 and earthly wisdom - James 3:15;

C. WINE: good/ tonic wine - john 2:10, mark 14:25 and strong drink or alcoholic wine Proverbs 31: 4.

*. John 2:10 "KJV:And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth GOOD WINE; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept THE GOOD WINE until now."

*. Mark 14:25 "KJV:Verily I say unto you, I WILL DRINK NO MORE OF THE FRUIT OF THE VINE, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

note! Jesus called what He used to drink THE FRUIT OF THE VINE. In other words this is fruit juice, good wine, NON INTOXICANTS.

Do you know that even those who small igbo ( weeds) do say that Jesus smoked igbo. Or you've never heard them before?....
Your confession here again is simply.. you believe Jesus Christ to be a liar by your declaration. undecided

If you refuse to learn from the mouth of the one you claim to be your master, who then do you think your true master is? Are you sure the relationship you claim to have is with Him and not your egos still? undecided

Matthew 15 vs 11- 20

10 Jesus called the people to him. He said, “Listen and understand what I am saying.
11 It is not what people put in their mouth that makes them wrong.[c] It is what comes out of their mouth that makes them wrong.”

12 Then the followers came to Jesus and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees are upset about what you said?”

13 Jesus answered, “Every plant that my Father in heaven has not planted will be pulled up by the roots.
14 Stay away from the Pharisees. They lead the people, but they are like blind men leading other blind men. And if a blind man leads another blind man, both of them will fall into a ditch.”

17 Surely you know that all the food that enters the mouth goes into the stomach. Then it goes out of the body.
18 But the bad things people say with their mouth come from the way they think. And that’s what can make people wrong.
19 All these bad things begin in the mind: evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual sins, stealing, lying, and insulting people.
20 These are the things that make people wrong. Eating without washing their hands will never make people unacceptable to God.
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by petra1(m): 7:07am On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is still not praiseworthy and for two good reasons...

1. No man can lead another soul to Christ. Only God can do that and this according to Jesus Christ Himself.

2. We are not rewarded for the x amount of souls we claim we win for Jesus Christ but instead for doing the Work that God has commanded of us... Matthew 25 vs 31 -40.

My issue with the OP is he pretend that drinking of alcohol can hinder his entry into Heaven, which is not true since especially in the New Covenant, we know that nothing we eat or drink can make us sinful in the sight of God. undecided

Is this our Kobojunkie or another. This response of yours is so civilic and polite.

That doesn't mean I agree with your point
And This doesn't mean I disagree either.
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 8:02am On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. What has the washing of hands to in fact do with the lesson that Jesus Christ taught His disciples and even went even further to explain in plain terms to them in that context? undecided

2. If you refuse to learn from the mouth of the one you claim to be your master, who then do you think your true master is? Are you sure the relationship you claim to have is with Him and not your egos still? undecided

You can see that there's nothing in that verses that suggest He said we should not wash our hands,
or take alcohol. thanks
The summary of what He is saying is that UNWASHED HANDS IS NOT A SIN.

He explained in details by showing that adultery, theft, murder, and so on, are not as a result of unwashed hand.

These sins are not stimulated by eating food with unwashed hands.
These sins are conceived in the mind ...

Unwashed hands, unlike alcohol, does not affect the mind. Alcohol stimulate these things that are conceived the mind.

I know He has made me a king, Kings don't take alcohol, Proverbs 31:4.

The question is ARE YOU ONE OF THE KINGS?
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

You can see that there's nothing in that verses that suggest He said we should not wash our hands,
or take alcohol. thanks
The summary of what He is saying is that UNWASHED HANDS IS NOT A SIN.
He explained in details by showing that adultery, theft, murder, and so on, are not as a result of unwashed hand.
These sins are not stimulated by eating food with unwashed hands.
These sins are conceived in the mind ...
Unwashed hands, unlike alcohol, does not affect the mind. Alcohol stimulate these things that are conceived the mind.
I know He has made me a king, Kings don't take alcohol, Proverbs 31:4.
The question is ARE YOU ONE OF THE KINGS?
This here is simple! Your confession here again is that you believe Jesus Christ a liar since you refuse to believe what He told you! undecided

If you refuse to learn from the mouth of the one you claim to be your master, who then do you think your true master is? Are you sure the relationship you claim to have is with Him and not your egos still? undecided

Matthew 15 vs 11- 20

According to Jesus Christ above, Alcohol is not sin and neither is it poison. Do you trust and obey Jesus Christ or do you bow to your ego pretendingit is, against God,endorsed by Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 9:01pm On May 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Please tell them oh.

Some would now ignorantly come and claim that Jesus used to drink alcohol, "but wisdom is justified of her children".

God bless.

They are looking for excuses or reasons to continue

1 Like

Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 9:16pm On May 25, 2021
jmoore:

Jesus that came from heaven converted water into wine.

He also drank it.

Which other 'heaven minded' are you talking about?

18 “For John came neither eating nor
drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon!’ 19
“The Son of Man came eating and drinking,
and they say, ‘Behold, a gluttonous man and
a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and
sinners!’ Yet wisdom is vindicated by her
deeds.” [Mat 11:18-19 NASB]

Even Paul told Timothy to take some alcohol.

1 Timothy 5:23, NIV: "Stop drinking only water,
and use a little wine because of your stomach
and your frequent illnesses."

That doctor of yours is probably halfbaked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 9:21pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
You have to learn to exclude/destroy all personal biases where the Truth of God is concerned. This is what I believe Jesus Christ meant when He said unless you become like a child, even in your thinking, you cannot enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ would not have attempted to stop anyone from smoking Igbo back in His time and this again because He already taught the people that it is not what you eat that causes you to sin against God. undecided

Sin is the only thing that can stand between God and you and according to Jesus Christ, Sin is not what you eat or ingest. undecided
So therefore, your "Alcohol is sin" and "Alcohol is poison" doctrine is Antichrist doctrine. undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 9:26pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your confession here again is simply.. you believe Jesus Christ to be a liar by your declaration. undecided

In all your posts here that I have been reading, I can not get any meaningful explanation of what you are quoting and this is because you are trying hard to cut off the foundation of the event.

The event started when Jesus disciples ate food with unwashed hands. Then the Pharisees condemned the action and probably explained it as sinful act....
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

In all your posts here that I have been reading, I can not get any meaningful explanation of what you are quoting and this is because you are trying hard to cut off the foundation of the event.

The event started when Jesus disciples ate food with unwashed hands. Then the Pharisees condemned the action and probably explained it as sinful act...
Foundation of the event negates Jesus Christ's message made plain even. shocked

Recall Jesus Christ's warning to those who cause others to sin, and this through the teaching of doctrines and tradition of men, lies, instead of the Truth of God? Know that your teaching of these antichrist messages will not go unnoticed and unpunished and this according to Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 9:44pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

.....The event started when Jesus disciples ate food with unwashed hands. Then the Pharisees condemned the action and probably explained it as sinful act....

Jesus disagreed with them and said eating food with unwashed hands is not a sin.

I have posted severally telling you that even though Jesus said eating food with unwashed hands is not a sin, He did not thereby set a principle for His followers - ( a principle) if you are a Jesus follower you can eat food without washing hands after all it is not a sin.

New question:
don't you wash your hands?

Previous question are you one of the people He made Kings to His Father?.....
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 9:47pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

.....The event started when Jesus disciples ate food with unwashed hands. Then the Pharisees condemned the action and probably explained it as sinful act....

Jesus disagreed with them and said eating food with unwashed hands is not a sin.

I have posted severally telling you that even though Jesus said eating food with unwashed hands is not a sin, He did not thereby set a principle for His followers - ( a principle) if you are a Jesus follower you can eat food without washing hands after all it is not a sin.

New question:
don't you wash your hands?

Previous question are you one of the people He made Kings to His Father?.....
Was Jesus Christ message there given you in gibberish or something? Read the Chapter again to save your own soul abeg! undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 9:53pm On May 25, 2021
@ kobojunkie
.... I'm still talking about the washing of hands because that is what is been corrected there. Alcohol is not mentioned in those verses you are the one trying to include it.

God gave them several laws. Washing is the law of hygiene, not the moral laws.

If you don't want to be hygienic, Jesus agreed that you have not committed sin.

Do you get the message?
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
@ kobojunkie
.... I'm still talking about the washing of hands because that is what is been corrected there. Alcohol is not mentioned in those verses you are the one trying to include it.
God gave them several laws. Washing is the law of hygiene, not the moral laws.
If you don't want to be hygienic, Jesus agreed that you have not committed sin.
Do you get the message?
Again....
Kobojunkie:
Was Jesus Christ message there given you in gibberish or something? Read the Chapter again to save your own soul abeg! undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:00pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Foundation of the event negates Jesus Christ's message made plain even. shocked

Recall Jesus Christ's warning to those who cause others to sin, and this through the teaching of doctrines and tradition of men, lies, instead of the Truth of God? Know that your teaching of these antichrist messages will not go unnoticed and unpunished and this according to Jesus Christ. undecided

We are talking about alcohol and the place you quoted does not contain word or it similarities. So what are you saying?

Can you be clear let me understand you
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:02pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Two questions in the post you are responding to, yet no answer
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:03pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again....

Another question avoided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 10:05pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

We are talking about alcohol and the place you quoted does not contain word or it similarities. So what are you saying?

Can you be clear let me understand you
LOL
... Word Similarities... how does that change the meaning of what Jesus Christ, and spent time elaborating so you clearly understand and so cannot then feign ignorance of, unless of course denial happens to be a favorite pastime of yours. undecided

Even with blinders on, Jesus Christ's teaching in Matthew 15 makes clear the place of food, and all you ingest, where sin is concerned. undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:13pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again....

Which word or group of words are you interpreting as alcohol in those verses?

Leaving the context of the chapters of the Bible in order to infuse your lust is the breeding ground for heresies.
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 10:22pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
Which word or group of words are you interpreting as alcohol in those verses?

Leaving the context of the chapters of the Bible in order to infuse your lust is the breeding ground for heresies.
undecided

You know what? Now I see why Jesus Christ told us the parable of the 10 talents, explaining that we are to use what we have, in this case understanding, if we expect to receive more - those who do not use what they already will loose even the little which they had. undecided

Rather than read and process using basic comprehension skills humans are gifted with where human language is concerned, you instead, to fit whatever doctrine of washing of hands you had been previously fed by men, claimed that Jesus Christ taught His disciples about the washing of hands. Since that didn't work here, you attempt a second strategy and that is use of "word similarities" tools ? undecided
For Pete's sake read what is posted right there, in plain English mind you, to save your own soul! undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:32pm On May 25, 2021
@kobojunkie

Alcohol affect the human thinking faculty,
True or false?

The thinking faculty being affected, the drinker of alcohol is at variance with the noble character of being thoughtful ( sober)

*. Titus 2:12 "KJV:Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, WE SHOULD LIVE SOBERLY, righteously, and godly, in this present world"

*. 1 Peter 4:7 "
KJV:But the end of all things is at hand: BE YE THEREFORE SOBER, and watch unto prayer."

*. 1 Peter 5:8 "KJV: BE SOBER, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

*. Titus 2:6 "KJV:Young men likewise exhort to BE SOBER minded."

Can you be a bit clear. I hope you have not taken some cups before commenting?
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On May 25, 2021
KNOWMORE56:
@kobojunkie

Alcohol affect the human thinking faculty,
True or false?

The thinking faculty being affected, the drinker of alcohol is at variance with the noble character of being thoughtful ( sober)

*. Titus 2:12 "KJV:Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, WE SHOULD LIVE SOBERLY, righteously, and godly, in this present world"

*. 1 Peter 4:7 "
KJV:But the end of all things is at hand: BE YE THEREFORE SOBER, and watch unto prayer."

*. 1 Peter 5:8 "KJV: BE SOBER, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:"

*. Titus 2:6 "KJV:Young men likewise exhort to BE SOBER minded."

Can you be a bit clear. I hope you have not taken some cups before commenting?
I am already well aware of your style of debating... you try to take people in circles,ignoring the points, just so you can continue asserting the meaningless( where the Truth of God is concerned) statements you made that started it all. undecided

If you are still not clear, then go back through what I have posted as response to you from page 1, and start reading again. undecided
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:48pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
LOL
... Word Similarities... how does that change the meaning of what Jesus Christ, and spent time elaborating so you clearly understand and so cannot then feign ignorance of, unless of course denial happens to be a favorite pastime of yours. undecided

Even with blinders on, Jesus Christ's teaching in Matthew 15 makes clear the place of food, and all you ingest, where sin is concerned. undecided

You are not the first to claim that Jesus supports your indulgence.

I have met prostitutes, and they also claim that Jesus did not condemn them.

And they quoted John 8:1-11. And their focus is on "[/b]... neither do I condemn you..."[b]

Other words are not necessary to them.

You are probably a drunk looking for Jesus approval.
Re: 21 Years In The Faith And I Have Not Tasted Alcohol by KNOWMORE56: 10:51pm On May 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

You know what? Now I see why Jesus Christ told us the parable of the 10 talents, explaining that we are to use what we have, in this case understanding, if we expect to receive more - those who do not use what they already will loose even the little which they had. undecided

Rather than read and process using basic comprehension skills humans are gifted with where human language is concerned, you instead, to fit whatever doctrine of washing of hands you had been previously fed by men, claimed that Jesus Christ taught His disciples about the washing of hands. Since that didn't work here, you attempt a second strategy and that is use of "word similarities" tools ? undecided
For Pete's sake read what is posted right there, in plain English mind you, to save your own soul! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mugo Wa Kibiru The Kikuyu Seer Who Predicted The Coming Of The White Man / Sultan’s Comment Inciting: CAN / What Is Grace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.