Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation (19467 Views)

Akeredolu: I Won't Reduce Tuition Fees Of Tertiary Institutions In Ondo / Akeredolu: I Am Still In The Governorship Race / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by aminulive: 12:37pm On May 23, 2021
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Governor of Ondo State, Rotimi Akeredolu has stated that he is not in support of any agitation for Yoruba Nation.

Akeredolu, in a statement sent to POLITICS NIGERIA on Sunday, disclosed that he was not offering any form of support or backing to Yoruba Nation Agitators. The Governor's statement is coming a day after group advocating for the secession of the Yorubas from Nigeria held a rally in the state's capital, Akure.

The statement read; "It has come to the knowledge of the Ondo State Governor, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, that some group of persons who held a rally under the cover of what they term 'secessionist agitations' in Akure, on Saturday, May 22, 2021, erroneously claimed to have had his support for the rally."

"Governor Akeredolu wishes to state clearly that while he acknowledges the right of individuals and groups to hold peaceful rallies, it must not be misconstrued to mean support for secessionist agenda and or balkanization of the nation. Far from it."

"Unequivocally, the Governor’s opinion on the Akure rally or any other of its ilk, is only to the effect that he is not opposed to any civil protest which is not in breach of the extant laws of the Nation. He neither believes, nor supports the quest for the Yoruba Nation outside of Nigeria in the manner canvassed."

"It is important, therefore, to state without any equivocation that the Yoruba Nation secessionist promoters do not enjoy any lending hand in Governor Akeredolu."
https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-i-am-not-in-support-of-yoruba-nation-ondo-governor-akeredolu/

23 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Franzinni: 12:39pm On May 23, 2021
Noted ... We don't live int the same Nigeria, the political Nigeria is oblivious to the happenings in the masses Nigeria or maybe they are aware but choose to bury thier head in the mud like an ostrich.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Stowaway(m): 12:40pm On May 23, 2021
Hope the don't come for your head

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by xpressionx(m): 12:41pm On May 23, 2021
Anyone expecting politicians who have fed fat on Nigeria's oil money to join in making country great,you are dreaming.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Coldshisha: 12:42pm On May 23, 2021
What do you expect.... Oga is married to an Ibo woman

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by habsydiamond(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2021
If u are not in support then lead by example by doing the right at the right time to the people u are governing... We masses have not ask for something too much... We only ask for the benefits other advanced nations are enjoying most especially 24/7 electricity, good health, payment of workers at when due, good water and motorable roads not the Dakar really ones given to us... Among other benefits... I don't think this is too much.. Lastly right to life must be taken seriously by the government and the security must be worked on.. Cos now we dont have any at the moment

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by bhella10: 12:42pm On May 23, 2021
So long he's not against it. That's a very smart move from the governor

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by LadiIshola(m): 12:44pm On May 23, 2021
He's neither in support nor against it.... Reading in between the lines, smart statement.....

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by olaric(m): 12:50pm On May 23, 2021
Yea, this does not come to me as a surprise sir; no Nigerian governor would be in support because power is sweet. However, it is the failures of our past and current leaders that have led to people like Kanu and Sunday Igboho to try and force the idea of breaking up the country.

Akeredolu, sooner or later you will have no choice but to maybe support the idea.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by federal9: 12:50pm On May 23, 2021
Coldshisha:

Your ridiculous comment is now accentuating. You are tribalistic and dogmatic.

Must everyone go with you on every decision? Try to be a better man and stop that childish act of yours.

30 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Tinubuadvocate: 12:53pm On May 23, 2021
That's good to say .

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Coldshisha: 12:55pm On May 23, 2021
federal9:

Your ridiculous comment is now accentuating. You are tribalistic and dogmatic.

Must everyone go with you on every decision? Try to be a better man and stop that childish act of yours.

Some of you just ignorantly use the word tribalistic to make yourself feel good and give some form of patriotism fake bullshit

Is Akeredolu's wife not from Imo state making his children half Ibo half Yoruba

Will any person with sense or IQ expect a detribalized man married to someone outside his region support division of his Country so that he can apply for Visiting Visa to check on his in laws

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by ygowon: 12:56pm On May 23, 2021
fuk ur support

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by federal9: 12:58pm On May 23, 2021
ygowon:
fuk ur support

Just because he refused to....
So if a girl turns you down, you would utter bad words to her?
Learn how to respect people's decisions.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Fasindo: 1:01pm On May 23, 2021
shocked

Those who benefits from old won't allow new order to take place... Machiavelli (The Prince).

It is expected of him
Everybody must not support a particular course.
At least he didn't send security personnel to arrest or harass the protesters.

Unlike Bubu who is supporting all agenda of his Fulani people

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by JooEeL(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2021
Enyin omo Oodua, e fi okan yin bale.

Hehehehe. E mo pe a ni ogbon ju gbogbo awon ota wa lo... A ni se..... Baba Akeredolu yii n be l'eyin wa. E gba be! Comfirmed ni!

Baba n be gboin gboin jare!! Baba duro tan! cheesy

ODUDUWA AND BIAFRA NATION NOW JARE ENYIN TEMI!

LIKE for Oduduwa

SHARE for Biafra

(Oduduwa gats win o!)

67 Likes 42 Shares

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 23, 2021
Not surprised at all..
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Akinsete19(m): 1:06pm On May 23, 2021
Lol
He is neither not in support or against it.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Kennitrust(m): 1:07pm On May 23, 2021
Say what you can to save your pocket.

Northerners could condemn boko haram but behind the scene, they play a vital role in boko haram victory against the army

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by fb2021: 1:07pm On May 23, 2021
everyone is entitled to his or her opinion thats by the pls visit and download latest foreign gospel music dj mix on gospeldjmixtapes.com thank yo
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by slivertongue: 1:07pm On May 23, 2021
noted
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by DDDEnterprises: 1:07pm On May 23, 2021
Your decision; your right!
We've heard you.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Cholls(m): 1:08pm On May 23, 2021
My brothers and sisters are you not tired of this propaganda... Why are you allowing them feed on your hatred... Let us defend our land Nigeria... We're all we have

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by duro4chang(m): 1:08pm On May 23, 2021
You are insignificant. Fulani slave. We you you are afraid of your masters.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Koryc: 1:08pm On May 23, 2021
Political statement
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Cholls(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2021
habsydiamond:
If u are not in support then lead by example by doing the right at the right time to the people u are governing... We masses have not ask for something too much... We only ask for the benefits other advanced nations are enjoying most especially 24/7 electricity, good health, payment of workers at when due, good water and motorable roads not the Dakar really ones given to us... Among other benefits... I don't think this is too much.. Lastly right to life must be taken seriously by the government and the security must be worked on.. Cos now we dont have any at the moment
my brother thank you
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Kaypeeboss(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2021
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

https://politicsnigeria.com/breaking-i-am-not-in-support-of-yoruba-nation-ondo-governor-akeredolu/
Fellow nairalanders I need 5,30 tonne trucks for hire, location is ajaokuta in kogi state... please feel free to WhatsApp me if you got them ,Thanks
Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by tishbite41(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2021
Coldshisha:
Must you drag the Igbos?!
Unfortunate fellow.
Chukwuemeka Ike, Akanu Ibiam, Chike Edozien etc had Yoruba spouses but they still supported Biafra.
Even Ojukwu has a daughter by an Hausa woman.

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Edmanpumpin(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2021
Dear Governor Akeredolu SAN, Sir, we understand you clearly, no shaking sir. Let's keep deceiving the Niggarians till when the lie of a 419 location breaks into pieces soonest.
We shall use takiya (Deceit) for the Fulani/Kanuri parasites.

Odùduwà Nation....... NOW!!!!!!!!
BiafraExit....... Now!!!
Oti ṣẹṣẹ!!!!!!
No going back layelaye!!!

18 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by AfonjaConehead: 1:10pm On May 23, 2021
olaric:
Yea, this does not come to me as a surprise sir; no Nigerian governor would be in support because power is sweet. However, it is the failures of our past and current leaders that have led to people like Kanu and Sunday Igboho to try and force the idea of breaking up the country.

Akeredolu, sooner or later you will have no choice but to maybe support the idea.

He may be supporting them secretly,you don't expect a sitting gov to come out in the open and says he's supporting secessionists nah

8 Likes

Re: Akeredolu: I Am Not In Support Of Yoruba Nation by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:10pm On May 23, 2021
Hahaha, e sweet me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Decampees To PDP Declare Their Support For AtIku & Seyi Makinde (Pictures) / We Stand By Our Story On El-Rufai’s N90 Billion Worth - The Union Editor / Buhari’s First 5 Days After Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.