Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) (71274 Views)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / How Do You Stop Something You Are Addicted To? / You Really Need To Drop These 10 Mindsets in 2017 - Topwritersden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Kingsleystunner(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:
11. Avoid any form of relationship with Nigerian girls.

Guy u no normal at all ��
E be like say u don suffer for girls hand �

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Lordbinsmar: 8:03pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

Deep angry angry
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Heyzee5: 8:05pm On May 23, 2021
mespusinglez:
12: One Miss Call Is Enough

Don't Be An Idiot
Actually, let me suggest Two as minimum. One missed call makes it look like you flashed!

3 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ThatFairGuy: 8:07pm On May 23, 2021
What's your obsession with Nigerian girl sad

Las Las you're getting married to Nigerian girl tongue tongue

Kriss216:
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Jinjinkoku: 8:07pm On May 23, 2021
Let your words be very expensive... Don't talk frivolously at every and any opportunity. Make your words precious.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ThatFairGuy: 8:09pm On May 23, 2021
Jo soapy cheesy cheesy
Kriss216:

God has been my strength.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ThatFairGuy: 8:09pm On May 23, 2021
Nahhhh, two is enough!
mespusinglez:

Don't Be An Idiot
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Rhisky(m): 8:12pm On May 23, 2021
When you're in a gathering, it's better to speak when spoken to. At all cost try to always speak less, even the Bible says that a fool is counted wise when silent.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

Life is not as difficult as you take it. i don't think any man should be avoiding women, there good there are bad just find one you can tolerate & manage, because if a woman do the right thing naa mistake grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Kriss216: 8:16pm On May 23, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
What's your obsession with Nigerian girl sad

Las Las you're getting married to Nigerian girl tongue tongue

Ore mì Ghetto politician, I'll only get married to a Nigerian girl under duress.

1 Like

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ZiiVentures: 8:18pm On May 23, 2021
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by ZiiVentures: 8:20pm On May 23, 2021
Vipro:
Recently, a friend told me about an embarrassing situation he experienced. He attended a small party and out of all the attendees, he was the only one that was not served food. Sincerely, I couldn't control my laughter when he was recounting his story because it sounded funny. With a frown on his face, he said "I wasn't invited to the party anyway". At that point, I knew he was at fault.

A wise man once told me that respect can only be earned, not forced. It implies that before people can respect you, there is a price to pay; you need to be worthy of it.

When people respect you, they place you in high regard and value your opinion. They don't belittle you or make you feel worthless. Also, they treat you specially.

For instance, my friend was not respected at the party he attended. He even said the host didn't even acknowledge his presence. That's disappointing!

Whether you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, good-looking or not, you deserve to be respected. Respect feeds the ego and makes us feel good.

So, if you don't want people to disrespect you, stop doing these 10 things;

1. Stop going to places you are not invited to

2. Stop calling and chatting up people who don't call you

3. Stop laughing uncontrollably when people insult you; caution them immediately

4. Stop begging people for money; double your hustle

5. Stop visiting people who don't visit you

6. Stop contributing to discussions that don't concern you

7. Stop chasing after people who don't know you exist

8. Stop mingling with people who have no plans for the future

9. Stop sleeping and relaxing when you're supposed to be working

10. Stop fighting and insulting people, especially in public

Try your best to avoid the 10 things listed above, you'll be surprised at how people will see you differently and start respecting you.

Have you ever been disrespected by someone close to you? Kindly share your story.

Thanks for reading.

The nth rule: never expect free money from anyone. There's no free beer anywhere. In the end, nothing that you've labored for, except your knowledge and experience, is truly yours. Know this and know peace. Shallom.

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by 4ormidable(m): 8:23pm On May 23, 2021
0. Be honest to you and people.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by officialmario(m): 8:24pm On May 23, 2021
When i was denied food for not putting on Aso Ebi, after spending 2k for transport, e pain me gann.

Whether you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, good-looking or not, you deserve to be respect
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by 99thEnemy(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

Ore mì Ghetto politician, I'll only get married to a Nigerian girl under duress.

Na even your type dem the arrange village girl for.. come give you plenty alcohol.

The next morning you go see village girl lye down next to you for bed... grin

you go raise the duvet then discover say you naked waist down . grin grin

You go para tire then pursue her.. but those girls are very fertile grin grin grin

2 months later, village girl go carry Ghana must go full with all her kaya show your door feeling dizzy and puking all over the place.

I didn't see my peliod again she will say.

According to tradition you have to pay her bride price so as not to shame both families...

no worry the people wey been arrange her go get your back... TO BE CONTINUED.....

This I have seen

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by TigerTears(m): 8:37pm On May 23, 2021
Summary: Be Wizkid

2 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Youngminister(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2021
Nice Settings
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by PreetyAngel4U: 8:41pm On May 23, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Control your emotions, control your desires, Control your tongue and control what is between your legs.

Perfectly correct, absolutely true and such persons are rare. Imagine if everyone lived like this, the world would be a better place.

There are some people who take people like this for granted because they have learned this art. But self control will keep them from unnecessary evils.

Some want to be respected but don't want to give you respect. Some are respectful outdoors, but when they get in, they want to loose guard. Beware. It is the one indoor you should think more of respecting, because the one inside is the one that can mess you up easily. E.g Husband/wife relationship.

Glad to know we still have people who think this way in this world.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by humberjade: 8:42pm On May 23, 2021
mespusinglez:

Don't Be An Idiot

You may be right to some extent....but two missed calls shows the urgency of the call.

People might ignore or delay retuning a missed call, but will give urgency to returning two missed calls...but it all boils down to the reputation of the caller.

I do two missed calls actually is the info I want to pass across is crucial...the first rings till the end, while the 2 rings twice.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by PitexyBaba(m): 8:43pm On May 23, 2021
Vipro:
Recently, a friend told me about an embarrassing situation he experienced. He attended a small party and out of all the attendees, he was the only one that was not served food. Sincerely, I couldn't control my laughter when he was recounting his story because it sounded funny. With a frown on his face, he said "I wasn't invited to the party anyway". At that point, I knew he was at fault.

A wise man once told me that respect can only be earned, not forced. It implies that before people can respect you, there is a price to pay; you need to be worthy of it.

When people respect you, they place you in high regard and value your opinion. They don't belittle you or make you feel worthless. Also, they treat you specially.

For instance, my friend was not respected at the party he attended. He even said the host didn't even acknowledge his presence. That's disappointing!

Whether you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, good-looking or not, you deserve to be respected. Respect feeds the ego and makes us feel good.

So, if you don't want people to disrespect you, stop doing these 10 things;

1. Stop going to places you are not invited to

2. Stop calling and chatting up people who don't call you

3. Stop laughing uncontrollably when people insult you; caution them immediately

4. Stop begging people for money; double your hustle

5. Stop visiting people who don't visit you

6. Stop contributing to discussions that don't concern you

7. Stop chasing after people who don't know you exist

8. Stop mingling with people who have no plans for the future

9. Stop sleeping and relaxing when you're supposed to be working

10. Stop fighting and insulting people, especially in public

Try your best to avoid the 10 things listed above, you'll be surprised at how people will see you differently and start respecting you.

Have you ever been disrespected by someone close to you? Kindly share your story.

Thanks for reading.

No 3 is the key.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Kriss216: 8:44pm On May 23, 2021
99thEnemy:

Na even your type dem the arrange village girl for.. come give you plenty alcohol.

The next morning you go see village girl lye down next to you for bed... grin

you go raise the duvet then discover say you naked waist down . grin grin

You go para tire then pursue her.. but those girls are very fertile grin grin grin

2 months later, village girl go carry Ghana must go full with all her kaya show your door feeling dizzy and puking all over the place.

I didn't see my peliod again she will say.

According to tradition you have to pay her bride price so as not to shame both families...

no worry the people wey been arrange her go get your back... TO BE CONTINUED.....

This I have seen

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Learn to reduce hand for nollywood movies grin

4 Likes

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by womenareapess: 8:45pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:
wisdom is profitable to whom may direct.

Avoid those female baboons undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by 99thEnemy(m): 8:47pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:

Learn to reduce hand for nollywood movies grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Bimpe29: 8:47pm On May 23, 2021
This will surely promote one's self respect, dignity and dependence.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Vallyb(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2021
No 16 strictly 4 bitches grin
Stop dressing halfnaked 4 boys, men cannot feed on uncovered food sad
9ja bitches get sense 4 once, and dress up undecided
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by scrolab: 8:53pm On May 23, 2021
Avoid playing virtual games in bet9ja.
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by goodlife4every1(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2021
Bigredmachine:

If your dad avoided your mum you would not exist today...
He said avoid anything to do with Nigerian girls, not girls entirely from other countries... Let it sink...
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by murmee: 8:53pm On May 23, 2021
Kriss216:
I'm laughing!
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Bigredmachine: 8:57pm On May 23, 2021
goodlife4every1:

He said avoid anything to do with Nigerian girls, not girls entirely from other countries... Let it sink...

Hmmmm check well, are u sure ur Sense is correct? I don't think so... Will all Nigerian guys marry from other countries, I don't even think ur dad marry outside Nigeria
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Benega9(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2021
nice one
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Shimran(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
Control your emotions, control your desires, Control your tongue and control what is between your legs.
Jazaakallahu khair ( May God blesses you )
Re: If You Don't Want People To Disrespect You, Stop Doing These 10 Things (Opinion) by Thales01: 9:04pm On May 23, 2021
[quote author=stanliwise post=101993026]
Well it is easy to be angry against this said girl but you what you didn’t realize is that you placed yourself in a position you only created.
She never beg for your calls,
She never owe you a call back,
You weren’t really calling because of anything but because of attention.

At the end,
You felt entitled
You became angry
You became needy.

This is just plain game nice guys play. Had it been you communicated your intention early,
You were direct with your actions,
You watched the feedback and took actions.
You were always ready to move on if you don’t see yourself in the picture

You would have had a happy ending [/quote

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See 10 Nigerians Who Are In Guinness Book Of Record. / Ten Things You Need To Do Before You Turn 30. / Lagos Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel Acquires N17.5m House In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.