Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Written By Victornwacliff - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Written By Victornwacliff (460 Views)

How Upcoming Artistes Can Be Relevant In 2022: Written By Amechi Okoli / 7 Worst Foods For People With Type 2 Diabetes: Written By Amechi Okoli / 4 Safety Tips For The #EndSARS Protest - Written By Amechi Okoli (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Written By Victornwacliff by VictorNwaCliff: 3:32pm On May 23, 2021
Think About This!

The rate at which jungle justice is passed on to individuals in recent times is very alarming. Nowadays, people take laws into their hands by punishing or even killing supspected criminals (I said suspected because the crimes are not usually investigated and verified.)

Is this a way to show that our government and security agencies have failed?

Just recently, a guy dipped his hand into someone's pocket, brought out something he presumed to money and fled. Unknown to him, it was a handkerchief. When the victim of the robbery raised alarm, people went after him in a hot pursuit. They were 3 in number but only one was caught. The angry mob gave him one hell of a beating and went ahead to set him ablaze.

The irony here is that some of the people that set him on fire � are "pots who call the kettle; black", they have in one way or the other engaged in theft.

In the course of this jungle justice, some innocent people are killed; there are a lot of stories about this People who know nothing about a certain crime are murdered because the are same in height, complexion or in resemblance of an escaped criminal.

My question is "why not hand the thieves over to the police?, Why not teach them lessons and let them go?

I am not in any way supporting criminal activities but things should be done in a right way. Last month, I read in the news about sixteen Fulani herdsmen who were found with AK-47 guns and bullets were arrested by the police, on the next day, the governor of the state ordered that they should be released and their guns handed back to them.

Why didn't they set them ablaze but kill individuals who took to stealing as a result of hardship in the country?
Is this the way forward?

Hey, wait, before you kill him!

Didn't the Bible talk about giving SECOND CHANCE?
If you have been forgiven and given many chances by the creator when you go astray, why not do so to others?

Have you sat him down and advice him as a brother?
Have you given him money to start-up a business and he waste it?
Oh come on, think hard about it!

What if you are in his shoes?
What if you are accused of the crime you didn't commit?
What if you are set ablaze?
Will your soul rest in peace?
Hey, Reason the pain!

And you out there that is indulging in armed robbery, kidnapping and all sort of crimes, STOP IT! because my people say "everyday is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house" and "when the dog dies, he will not be able to perceive the smell of feaces"

It is better to push trucks (or wheel barrow ) for little money everyday because one day 'E Go Beta' Than to get 3M of kidnapping ransom today and die the next day!
Tell me my brother, my sister, WETIN YOU GAIN?

Please let's do things in the right way, be good citizens and make our country better!
END JUNGLE-JUSTICE NOW!

Copyright Protected!
No part of this piece shall be shared, copied or reposted anyway on or off Nairaland without reverence to the original author!

©VictorNwaCliff
Please follow me on Facebook, I have an interesting story coming up!

[url][/url]Facebook.com/Victor.nwacliff

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Exposure, Followers And Audience / Moderators Needed @ A Story Based Website / African Gods!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.