Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684404 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Winner0718(m): 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
Queenmama03:
Indeed what my God cannot do does not exist!
PPR received just now.
I still feel like I'm dreaming.
April 22nd applicant
@FrankRobbn1 you are the real MVP.

Congrats, it has ended with praise for you, Go and prosper in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
Good morning

How are you holding on.

Been a while

buckyfof:
Hello guys,

I JUST LOST MY DAD TODAY.

The pain is soooo unbearable.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by dotoracs: 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
Congratulations. NSE route?

Queenmama03:
PPR received just now.
April 22nd applicant
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Legacyedition: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2021
Queenmama03:
PPR received just now.
April 22nd applicant

Congrats. smiley smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
I sent some additional documents via webform, is there any need to send them again through email2email ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pandasofire(m): 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello please do I need my international passport to apply 4 CAQ.....I only recently applied for Passport and would only be getting it by July ending
Emmasonic4me:

@ManlikeB, Congratulations on your admission. Which school in Montreal?

This one you're sounding like you just got to know Montreal is in Québec (a French speaking province), did you apply for the admission yourself or someone helped you apply?

CAQ is no big deal. It requires minimal documentation and you'll have to pay the fees of $ CAD115. Turnaround time to get it is 1 month or less.

By the way, I'll be going to Québec too come September. I'm done with my application and waiting for approval, fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Pandasofire(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
Please I need urgent answers

Do I need my international passport before I can apply for CAQ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2021
Queenmama03:
PPR received just now.
April 22nd applicant

Congrats dear. Sweet timeline.

God please don't forget me as you are in "our" neighborhood...

17th April applicant

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mamatee2: 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
Congratulations!!!

Queenmama03:
PPR received just now.
April 22nd applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
Queenmama03:
PPR received just now.
April 22nd applicant
congrats, I applied on April 22nd! That means God is in the neighborhood..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
gracedson:
Thank you, I did that and they have started reviewing it today.
updated to passed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 1:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
IntimidationJay:
congrats, I applied on April 22nd! That means God is in the neighborhood..
congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
Awesome cool

gracedson:
updated to passed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 1:43pm On Jun 21, 2021
Stephblues:
Awesome cool

thank you for your assistance.

It shall end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
Blazca:
I read many people saying at the airport that they don't intend to work in Canada. Is anything wrong in saying you will work in Canada?

There is nothing wrong in telling the CBSA officer that you intend to work, but caution must be observed in answering this question, for example, if your program includes a coop. That implies you do some internship as a prerequisite to complete your programme, so a student in that category can say yes and explain why as a pre-requisite for completing his/her programme.

But suppose your programme does not include coop. Automatically, In that case, your study permits entitle you to work a maximum of 20 hours per week, so the student knows he/she will work while schooling in Canada, so there is no need to say you are going to work, which might risk the purpose of visit. They have the authority to refuse an immigrant entry into Canada if they doubt the intent of the person's stay.

It is much safer to give them the impression you are here to read and study. Also, everything you declared in your application and submitted on the GCkey account, including the comments and assessment of the VOs, are viewed and assessed by them as they ask you these questions.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ireneayeni: 1:52pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you very much Anon123. I already have my IELTS result but I cannot have access to my bank statement because I am using investment funds. I was hoping there would be a choice on which route to go with initially. I just pray it is not more than 4-5 months
Anon123:

NSE doesnt come to everybody. But if you wish to have your app processed under NSE, get your ielts result (at least 6.0 per band) and MBS(mybankstatement certificate).

Mind you no guarantees on visa approval if you provide those docs and no guarantees if you process via normal route.

Application duration changes so close eye and put 4-5months in mind. Might be more also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Tiara97: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello guys, thank you so much for the well wishes and congratulations to all those that have received PPR recently.
Finally got my passport back today and the feeling is amazing. Imagine my visa was issued since 28th of May but I didn’t get PPR until 14th of June.
Anyway, I submitted my passport on the 15th June, received counterfoil 17th June and LOI 18th June, Abuja is the way! For those waiting please don’t give up, it will be worth it eventually. I’ll be back with my landing gist.

34 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shagamite: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
are there schools in canada for management courses that does not require GMAT
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by RollyA(f): 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2021
LadyBlaq:

17th April applicant
Silent reader here, we applied on same day. April 17th applicant too. Nice to meet you all and congratulations to all who have received their letters of congratulations �

[quote author=LadyBlaq post=102943211]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2021
RollyA:
Silent reader here, we applied on same day. April 17th applicant too. Nice to meet you all and congratulations to all who have received their letters of congratulations �

Good to meet you too.

We will testify soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Intrepid01(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2021
CHIKACIC:
Just took my first dose of the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine.
I was told to come back in 6 weeks time (2nd August) for the second dose.
Also that the side effects differs, but commonly headache, pains and high temperature. I was advised by the Nurse to take paracetamol once I get home or start experiencing any of the above side effects.

Hope this helps for those you need the info.

Did you pay or free of charge?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by orlarjydey(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2021
Can somebody help me out
I had third class in my bsc
And wish to apply for postgraduate program or diploma course in canada and I don't have ielts yet. Which college can I apply to that can accept third class?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by IntimidationJay: 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2021
Queenmama03:
PPR received just now.
April 22nd applicant
please share your timeline
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by OmaJoe1: 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2021
Please, was it Abuja you did your biometrics? If no, then how did you pay the N7430 Transmission fee to Abuja VSF to enable you do your passport stamping there?

Between Abuja and Lagos VSF with is faster for Passport stamping?
Thanks in anticipation for an answer.

Tiara97:
Hello guys, thank you so much for the well wishes and congratulations to all those that have received PPR recently.
Finally got my passport back today and the feeling is amazing. Imagine my visa was issued since 28th of May but I didn’t get PPR until 14th of June.
Anyway, I submitted my passport on the 15th June, received counterfoil 17th June and LOI 18th June, Abuja is the way! For those waiting please don’t give up, it will be worth it eventually. I’ll be back with my landing gist.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by gracedson: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2021
gracedson:
I sent some additional documents via webform, is there any need to send them again through email2email ?
?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Shenaniganzzz: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2021
Stephblues:
Awesome, congratulations. First PPR of the week. More to come for all of us waiting.

amen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by orlarjydey(m): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2021
orlarjydey:
Can somebody help me out
And wish to apply for postgraduate program or diploma course in canada and I don't have ielts yet. Which college can I apply to that can accept third class?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lianna2020: 3:10pm On Jun 21, 2021
You pay to CANADA LOGISTIC COLLECTION ACCOUNT (a/c no 0065165839) and print the alert .

Abuja is faster
OmaJoe1:
Please, was it Abuja you did your biometrics? If no, then how did you pay the N7430 Transmission fee to Abuja VSF to enable you do your passport stamping there?

Between Abuja and Lagos VSF with is faster for Passport stamping?
Thanks in anticipation for an answer.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Lekiboboe: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2021
orlarjydey:
Can somebody help me out
And wish to apply for an undergraduate program or diploma course in canada and I don't have ielts yet. Which college can I apply to that can accept third class?
Hello

Why diploma, or an Undergraduate degree when you are suppose/expected to apply for a PG. Cert program as a degree holder.

3rd Class is not a barrier to gain admission to a PG.Cert program in a college, you just have to package your application to boost your admission chances.

A Visa Officer won't agree to the fact u are going for an Ordinary diploma or undergraduate degree cos of what u graduated with.

A B.SC holder going for another Undergraduate degree or a Diploma (which is less than an Undergraduate degree) is big time red flag for most applicants, cos there is a no career/academic/logical progression doing that.

Also you can't just apply to any program in Canada. You either apply to a Program that resonates with what you studied in school or your Job experience.

That being said;

Your response to the following question might give you a new direction to follow

- What did you study in the university ?

- What year did you graduate? (to address educational gap)

- Is your Job/work experience related to what you studied in the University?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by orlarjydey(m): 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thanks so much wanted to say postgraduate

quote author=Lekiboboe post=102947305]
Hello

Why diploma, or an Undergraduate degree when you are suppose/expected to apply for a PG. Cert program as a degree holder.

3rd Class is not a barrier to gain admission to a PG.Cert program in a college, you just have to package your application to boost your admission chances.

A Visa Officer won't agree to the fact u are going for an Ordinary diploma or undergraduate degree cos of what u graduated with.

A B.SC holder going for another Undergraduate degree or a Diploma (which is less than an Undergraduate degree) is big time red flag for most applicants, cos there is a no career/academic/logical progression doing that.

Also you can't just apply to any program in Canada. You either apply to a Program that resonates with what you studied in school or your Job experience.

That being said;

Your response to the following question might give you a new direction to follow

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 3:25pm On Jun 21, 2021
orlarjydey:
Can somebody help me out

Try Conestoga College. Make sure you write a good letter of intent and speak about experience you have had preceding your previous education.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by orlarjydey(m): 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
I graduated 2015
My nysc 2015/16
I worked as federal teacher Npower 2017-2020

Then I currently work in hotel since last year

quote author=Lekiboboe post=102947305]
Hello

That being said;

[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.