Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (683604 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Genyc: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Congratulations to everyone who have received PPR so far, and to some of us who got a delay, I pray that the next shall be a success

Please I have a burning question.

For people who received a refusal, and did an upfront medicals, was your medical updated to pass and yet you got a refusal?
Also did you get any ghost updates?

Wishing all of us still waiting a speedy approval

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by bollybeejay: 5:54pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ekulu77:
Please Can You Help ME,THIS IS MY THIRD TIME ASKING THIS QUESTION WITH NO REPLY
You can go ahead and send the webform. It takes nothing away from your application

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2021
This people should just ease the strictness on giving Nigerians study permit now

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by greenguy: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hi all,

Please I'd like to know if 4months SOA will suffice for my student permit application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sapte(f): 6:14pm On Jun 21, 2021
No, go for another masters in a specific field or PHD.

WarriBrandChic:

Hello, is it advisable to apply for a college diploma degree when one already have a masters in similar field... The diploma is specific and detailed while the masters was general. what are the chances of getting visa approved? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feelmystarshine(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
Frankrobbn1:

Dear Queen,

I appreciate you taking the time to write out this review. I strive hard to handle each case brought to my table with great attention and utmost care. Thank you for trusting my capabilities and I'm glad that my expertise in handling complex immigration cases brought success to your application. I wish you all the best in Canada!

It will end in praise

Can I have have mail boss, for better communication
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by olasubomy: 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Blazca:
Okay. I thought you get work permit right there if you say you need to work?

It will show in your record if you are entitled to a work permit, just like the coop programme I mentioned. The CBSA officer would already know this, so they do not require validation from the immigrant. Most of their questions are to discern your true intent of coming into Canada.

The study permit they issue to international students always has a clause at the bottom page that the holder is entitled to a maximum of 20 hours per week. You telling them that you want to work might open up further questions and questions, which might shoot one in the leg.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 6:28pm On Jun 21, 2021
Ekulu77:
Please Can You Help ME,THIS IS MY THIRD TIME ASKING THIS QUESTION WITH NO REPLY
You are not constructing your question well and i find it very confusing. Maybe that’s why nobody said anything.
If your uncle is your sponsor and he paid your tuition it is not a red flag because it’s expected. Submit your receipt

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Queenmama03(f): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2021
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.

Queenmama03:
Indeed what my God cannot do does not exist!
PPR received just now.
I still feel like I'm dreaming.
April 22nd applicant
@FrankRobbn1 you are the real MVP.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
Mofolam:

You are not constructing your question well and i find it very confusing. Maybe that’s why nobody said anything.
If your uncle is your sponsor and he paid your tuition it is not a red flag because it’s expected. Submit your receipt
It doesn’t matter when you paid. As long at it’s paid
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofolam: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2021
@Queenmama huge congratulations to you!!! New Brunswick is best province for international students for now ooo. May God continue to favour you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Emmasonic4me: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2021
Pandasofire:
Hello please do I need my international passport to apply 4 CAQ.....I only recently applied for Passport and would only be getting it by July ending

Hi Pandasofire,

Yes, International passport is one of the required documents needed for CAQ application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:03pm On Jun 21, 2021
Queenmama03:
Omo my story long oo! But i'll just go straight to the point.

First time applicant, self sponsored although I finished with a first class in economics, I have a 10yr study gap so I wasn't sure how that played out. Going for Masters in Economics at UNB. I'm employed and also have a side business I registered last year. Previous travel to US and Turkey. I wrote GRE, applied and got admission myself but when it came to visa application my liver failed me. That was where Frank (God bless his soul) came to my rescue. Timeline:

Applied 22nd Apr
Vfs biometric 26th Apr
Eligibility & background check started 4th May (may have been earlier but after applying I didn't check the portal until this date)
Upfront Medical done 4th May
Medical E-Slip uploaded 6th May
Biometrics Updated 6th May (I had to email them a reminder)
Medical Passed 7th May
Ghost update 4th June
Sent renewed passport & unconditional acceptance letter via webform 8th June
Agreement prayer with husband when I noticed April applicants getting their decisions 16th June
Ghost update 16th June
BVL & PPR 21st June

Regarding ghost updates, I may have had more but I only check my portal once or max twice a week on average so I can't really say. Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory.

Document submitted
Transcripts
SOP
GRE
IELTS
MBS & regular account statement (First bank doesn't have MBS so I just submitted the regular statement and included introduction letter from the bank)
WAEC Certificate
Degree certificate
Employment letter
Introduction letter from employer
Study leave approval letter
Consent letter from my husband
We both indicated that my mum will be taking care of my kids in my absence
Husband's employment letter and work related documents
ID's of my parents and siblings

Hmm the waiting wasn't funny o especially when I see the type of document people submit here, at some point I felt I may not have submitted enough. I just told myself "las las if dem deny my application i'll just focus on my business''. But alas! God did it. Also special thanks to @Lekiboboe his posts really guided me when I was searching for graduate programs.

To all those still waiting, I wish you the very best, God willing it will end the praise.

signing out.

PS: If you dey go New Brunswick please hit me up make we reason one or two.

Husband's employment letter and work related documents - E choke!!!! Congratulations. Heaven sef know. When two are in agreement, wetin remain?

Also I didn't pay school fees o, not even deposit. The Ijebu in me didn't let me part with my money before visa approval grin also my school didn't make it compulsory. - Wawu.

Honestly, there is no rule in this visa application tin!!!

I celebrate with you, my sister. God will do it for my family too.

Congratulation again.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thanks a lot.
olasubomy:

It will show in your record if you are entitled to a work permit, just like the coop programme I mentioned. The CBSA officer would already know this, so they do not require validation from the immigrant. Most of their questions are to discern your true intent of coming into Canada.

The study permit they issue to international students always has a clause at the bottom page that the holder is entitled to a maximum of 20 hours per week. You telling them that you want to work might open up further questions and questions, which might shoot one in the leg.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ayoslas88: 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
God favour me..... April 24th applicant......

I don type my testimony down..... God let my PPR request drop this week. Amen

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2021
LONG POST BUT PLEASE READ TILL THE END
Greetings everyone, please I need your advice. My Ph.D. admission in Canada came with graduate funding. The graduate funding is $28,816 CDN for the first year, this covers the cost of my annual fee for the program ($14,607 Tuition Fees, + $1,077 Mandatory Fees + $1,118 Medical & Dental Fees) with an excess of $12,014 to contribute towards my living expenses. I applied for a study permit on 30 April and received NSE on 7 May to submit mybankstatement and IELTS. I replied to the NSE request with a letter of explanation that my studies will be funded by the University and reattached my admission letter.

Today, my friend from Zimbabwe who was also admitted to the same program received a visa rejection based on the reason “insufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure”

She used the Statement of Account of her Uncle as proof of fund to cover travel expenses and miscellaneous.
My question is, since I am yet to get a decision, should I get a gift deed from a family member and then send a mybankstatement via webform stating that the gift deed is to cover my travel expenses? If yes, what should be the minimum value of the gift deed? NB: I did not submit my Statement of Account because the balance was not much (less than 500k); I also did not say anything about my travel expenses in my Letter of explanation, I only focused on expenses while in Canada.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice

MY PROFILE:
1. Age: 27 yrs
2. B.Sc: First Class (Nigeria, 2015)
3. Masters: Distinction (South Africa, 2020), very related to my PhD
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Former recipient of the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.
6. Career: Have been working as an academic staff in the University since NYSC

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)

HOME TIES DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. 2 bedroom apartment in my name worth 12.5 million Naira
2. My pension account of about 900k
3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University where I currently lecture supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months
5. Marriage certificate and birth certificate of my child

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by elizyous: 7:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
@ToluDstar. Oh great, I am glad u have started. I am rounding up the semester this week. Its been intense! Nothing I have experienced before in my years of studying here. I plan to travel next month God's grace.

Congrats to all recent PPR recipients. To those that were refused, pls dont give up, ur testimony will be bigger. PPR hopefuls, remain prayerful, God will perfect what he started.

[quote author=ToluDstar post=102800408][/quote]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:

Did you take it in Abuja or Lagos please ?

Lagos.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by CHIKACIC: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2021
meemeeibrahim22:

Was it free or did you have to pay anything

Free.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
ikemummy:
Greetings everyone, please I need your advice. My Ph.D. admission in Canada came with graduate funding. The graduate funding is $28,816 CDN for the first year, this covers the cost of my annual fee for the program ($14,607 Tuition Fees, + $1,077 Mandatory Fees + $1,118 Medical & Dental Fees) with an excess of $12,014 to contribute towards my living expenses. I applied for a study permit on 30 April and received NSE on 7 May to submit mybankstatement and IELTS. I replied to the NSE request with a letter of explanation that my studies will be funded by the University and reattached my admission letter.

Today, my friend from Zimbabwe who was also admitted to the same program received a visa rejection based on the reason “insufficient funds, including income or assets to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure”

She used the Statement of Account of her Uncle as proof of fund to cover travel expenses and miscellaneous.
My question is, since I am yet to get a decision, should I get a gift deed from a family member and then send a mybankstatement via webform stating that the gift deed is to cover my travel expenses? If yes, what should be the minimum value of the gift deed? NB: I did not submit my Statement of Account because the balance was not much (less than 500k); I also did not say anything about my travel expenses in my Letter of explanation, I only focused on expenses while in Canada.

MY PROFILE:
4. Travel history: 6 months in Germany for Research Internship with the United Nations, 2 years in South Africa for studies.
5. Scholarship: Former recipient of the German government fully funded DAAD scholarship for masters.

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:
1. Admission letter stating graduate funding of $28,816 CDN for the first year, and that funding could be maintained with good academic performance.
2. Supervisor support letter stating she will provide me with comprehensive funding (but she did not specify the value of the funding)

3. Letter from the Vice Chancellor of the University where I currently lecture supporting my studies and stating that I will be granted leave
4. Payslip for 3 months

Before the gurus say something on this, Please do the gift deed that covers all your living expenses aside from the scholarship. Anything that can help your application, Please do! Using my wife as an example, scholarships are paid biweekly to the student account. So the question is what will happen before the funds from the school come in?

Please do the gift deed, nothing is too much in the Canada visa process so far its related to your application.

On the gift deed, Please ensure it is explained by you and the person giving you the gift.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Sirkenny44: 7:41pm On Jun 21, 2021
Hello house am new here is great to have a nice thread like this pls I intend to apply to a college for PGD which college doesn't require application fee very urgent thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by omounique: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2021
RELAN2446:

How i go take add you?

Pls add me to the WhatsApp group
0 8 0 3 4 9 5 2 4 2 5
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by afomon12: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
This is serious. Infact, we have so many similarities. Im also going for (Phd) fully funded from the University of Toronto. However, funny enough i only submitted POF of just 400k alongside my funding letter. My home tie was just my parents, siblings and proof that i have a lecturing appointment waiting for me at the University of Ibadan upon the completion of my program. Though, asides my funding i also won another award of above $4000 cads. I applied in march still awaiting final decision. I also got NSE request and replied just the way you did too. Well, i believe nothing is impossible. Let's keep hope alive.
Same here : First Class Honours - 2015 ( University of Ibadan) M.A Distinction - 2019 ( University of Ibadan). Single, with no travel history !!! Lets keep hope alive.

ikemummy:

MY PROFILE:

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

4. Payslip for 3 months

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Favour132(f): 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Favour132(f): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by joideviv(m): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

A PG. Cert program in a Telecommunications related field shows more progression than a Diploma program owing to the fact that you are B.SC holder.

That being said,
What is your Job position & what are your Job Duties in the Telecommunication company for the past 6-years?

Your response to the above question would determine the potential PG. Cert program you can go for or fit in to

Please can I have your email address, I need your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by ikemummy(m): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2021
Thank you very much for the advice.
lawfree638:

Before the gurus say something on this, Please do the gift deed that covers all your living expenses aside from the scholarship. Anything that can help your application, Please do! Using my wife as an example, scholarships are paid biweekly to the student account. So the question is what will happen before the funds from the school come in?

Please do the gift deed, nothing is too much in the Canada visa process so far its related to your application.

On the gift deed, Please ensure it is explained by you and the person giving you the gift.

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 8:21pm On Jun 21, 2021
Lekiboboe:

I asked this question From a Medical officer last week , she said and I quote,
If you collect the first Jab of Vaccine, you have to wait for 3-months before you collect the second jab

First and second dose has to be at least six week apart.
Hence, you can take the second dose six weeks after taking the first jab.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2021
CHIKACIC:
“Dear ............. you have successfully registered and will be scheduled for your first dose of COVID-19 Vaccine at .........,,. Primary Health Centre
Your Vaccination ID is NG-LA.........,,,”

I got the above sms way back in March 2021 from NPHCDA after registering online. I am yet to get any info about the scheduling.

Please, does anyone have any idea what I need to do going forward? Hope it is not too late to complete the process.

You can visit any of the nearest centre to take your first dose.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by MadeMan01(m): 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2021
CHIKACIC:

Free of charge.

When I got to the location, there wasn’t much people. Three of the nurses assigned to give the shot were just sitting and waiting for who to attend to.

In humble opinion, I think the Govt. knows that people are still sceptical/skeptical about Covid-19/vaccine and are very reluctant to be vaccinated. Hence, it is administered free of charge.

Which LGA did you go for COVID vaccine and what vaccine options are availabl
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SweetJJ: 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2021
I will advise you get the gift deed sharperly of at least 1.5mil. And upload to them via webform or email or both. Do not hesitate before they make a decision on your case. Please act fast.

PS: I am not a guru but this is what I have learned from this platform

ikemummy:

MY PROFILE:

POF DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

4. Payslip for 3 months

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.