Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 (684303 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (676) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kunfu:

Please I need response to these gurus in the house

Send a webform to Nairobi office stating the reason for the new document and attaching the new document.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Akannitommy: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hi,

Sorry to hear about this experience but I think this is simply a temporary delay. I suspect the reason for change of mind is that the Prof found 2 PhD students although you would otherwise be qualified for the research position as Msc student. In my opinion, you don't have to overflog a dead horse though. No need for emotional appeal because it won't work with a Prof in Canada or outside Nigeria.

Redirect your effort to multiple Profs. in similar programs at other schools and also be ready to push your resumption plans forward. Doing this means improving your chances: don't target only one school as that could fail. There is no harm in having multiple offers and then choosing one (best) of them. Also, try to start your contact with these Profs. early which I think you did and with your experience on this, am sure you will be better able to manage the process going.

Best of luck next time.

1Girllykdat:
Hello everyone. Please I'm in a fix & I need your advice cry.

Prior to my application for a research-based msc programme in Canada, I reached out to a prof who confirmed she'd be taking in 2 graduate students and also confirmed that our research interests aligned but wouldn't take anybody yet till the academic committee and potential supervisors reviewed all applications.

4 months after applying (may 2021), I heard nothing from the school. So, I mailed the graduate co-ordinator inquiring about the outcome of my application and the professor replied instead.

The prof told me she was finalizing her research group for fall and asked if I'd be able to talk over zoom. We had the meeting and we talked about my research proposal and said she'd be taking me in and giving me the emails of her other students and would speak to the graduate co-ordinator about funding as I am an international student.

With her word, I assumed I was in only for me to again mail the graduate co-ordinator in June (as time for visa application was going) and then be told the prof isn't taking in students again.

I was shocked and asked if there was a mix-up. I mailed the supervisor and she said she was sorry and that I misunderstood her. That she was torn as I am an excellent fit for her lab but that she is already taking in 2 phd students and now at her maximum capacity.

I mailed the graduate co-ordinator and asked if it was possible to switch to course work instead. She said that though my application had already been denied (cos of the prof), I would be considered.

But now the thing is next week is July and I don't even know when I would hear from the school. Plus neither I nor my close relatives have my school fees. I thought I would get in through research which is why I applied for only research programmes.

I met the minimum requirement of 75% btw . Had 82% in undergrad.

Does anybody have an idea how I can "appeal" to the professor or go about the situation?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by atiteb4: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
omounique:

Pls i get sample of the COLD mails u sent to those supervisors via my mail. gracetoexcel2020@gmail.com
done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Ketima: 1:59pm On Jun 24, 2021
SuomyNona:

It depends. The pros of ordering a GCMS outweighs the cost (which is about ₦5K).

If your application has been upto 8 weeks and there is no update, ordering for GCMS is logical. The GCMS will arrive after 4 weeks when the application would have clocked 12 weeks.

Please in a scenario where your application is jst a month, but has received series of ghost updates but eligibility hasn't started, is it wise to order GCMS note. Cos the cost isn't much but to have insight of what your file is saying is good.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by SuomyNona: 2:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ketima:

Please in a scenario where your application is jst a month, but has received series of ghost updates but eligibility hasn't started, is it wise to order GCMS note. Cos the cost isn't much but to have insight of what your file is saying is good.

It is your personal decision, you can wait till it is 8 weeks and you may choose to order now. Either way it won't harm your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by LadyBlaq: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
You all are the real MVPs. Lekiboe, Frank, Anon, Uzomachukwu, Baphil, Lianna, Shuppy, my darling Sis Bisola, infact, all of you, God will continue to bless you all. Special shout out to Oga Seun for creating this impactful forum, i am happy to have known this great family...

So, Australia was my first choice because i couldn't dare try Canada, I had heard of their strict study visa assessments. I spent a lot of money with different agents as most schools in Australia would never deal directly with students. I finally settled with a school in NSW and boom, Corona happened and their borders have been closed since then.

I had no choice but to try the almighty Canada and trust me, my anxiety and preconceived fear of their stringent rules got a better part of me because, my application was messssssyyyyyyyyy!!!!

1) After submitting my app, i read on here that i shouldn't have done a money gift deed, especially when the gift-er isn't related to me, moreover, some folks said they haven't seen any study visa getting approved with a money gift deed by a gift-er who isn't part of the family. Guess what! they were right because my application would be the first they'd see. I am self sponsored applicant and the bulk of my fund was gifted by my late father's friend. Even though we don't share the same blood and name, we had something more than that, we had the commitment and bond. So i had him do a money gift deed(10m), which he paid into my account in bulk, sometime in February. I dug up old pictures of himself and late father, old pictures of himself and myself when i was younger, letter he wrote to me in place of popsy during my graduation in 2013, financial statement histories between myself, momsy and him, from different banks and as old as 2014. I also had him write a support letter and explain why he had to make such commitments, using his Company's letter headed paper.

2) In the bid to achieve the much needed mb capacity, i had shredded lots of documents off my application and eventually ended up tampering with my transcript. I reported myself here on Nairaland, hoping to get some hope or outright condemnation. Lol, i was told to resend the transcript and beg them not to misunderstand my intention, and then hope for the best outcome. Uzomachukwu, on the contrary, opined to be concise and not beg for their mercy as though i have done something "hideous". Eventually, she helped my with a well structured mail and i sent it to IRCC via webform. Baphil also reached out and re-compressed my files, she produced a much clearer file even with the additional missing pages. I don't know how she did it but i was wowed and i sent my files afresh via email.

3) Not a single ghost update till this morning. From what i read here, i guess i didn't really get any ghost update since my status remained "submitted", until this morning when i saw "your status updated". At a point i was praying for any kind of update, lollllllll.

One month and few days after my application, i requested for my GCM notes on 24th May, it came in yesterday, 23rd June. I hoped to tackle any negative feedback via webform but i was disappointed as i couldn't understand anything there and it seemed empty. Nairalanders said otherwise and i should brace myself for a positive feedback, Anon also assured me that a positive decision was coming soon since it was noted at the tail end of the notes, IRCC called my school to re-affirm the validity of my LOA. Even with all these, i remained skeptical, a little pessimistic and a little hopeful

This morning, as i logged in as per my usual ritual, I saw correspondence letter and PPR request sitting pretty on my page long before a mail dropped.
My application was tacky at best, i couldn't pray to save myself, i guess the prayers and good wishes of everyone and my family&friends made a way for me to be found worthy. I pray for this uncommon Grace for all PPR hopefuls, together we will all celebrate.

Application and confirmation was done on 17th April, with complete NSE docs (RLWS-7,7.5,7,7.5)
Biometrics Request on 18th April
IELTS Request letter, i resubmitted my IELTS
Did my upfront medicals together with my biometrics on 29th and 28th of April.
Medicals updated to pass on 28th of may after sending mails to Lagos
First Gcmnotes requested on 24th May, it arrived on 23rd June
Second Gcmnotes requested on 21st June...
Correspondence L and PPR request on 24th June.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by hertzz: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
Please, can I use someone's dollar card to pay for the application fee?
I just heard I can only do 100 dollar on my naira card per day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Mofpearl: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
Passport request dropped yesterday. Alhamdulliah.
This is a reapplication. The previous student visa was approved. Anyone going to UoM or Manitoba please hit me up.
@justmellow thank you sooo much for encouraging me when I was all panicky.

Profile.
Submitted - may 7. I had two ghost updates before eligibility started, one was on my previous application.
Eligibility - may 19
Medical review- may 24
Medical request - may 25
Medical exam completed june - 12
Medical exam sent june 19
Medical passed - june 21. I kept waiting for an email so didn't notice my medical was passed.
Passport request june 23

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by omounique: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
atiteb4:
done

Thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by mudiwest(m): 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2021
Mofpearl:
This is a reapplication. The previous student visa was approved. Anyone going to UoM or Manitoba please hit me up.

Profile.
Submitted - may 7. I had two ghost updates before eligibility started, one was on my previous application.
Eligibility - may 19
Medical review- may 24
Medical request - may 25
Medical passed - june 21. I kept waiting for an email so didn't notice my medical was passed.
Passport request june 23

Wow. Took about a month to process, Did you submit all NSE requirements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by porchy(m): 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2021
Big Big Congratulations

Mofpearl:

Profile.
Eligibility - may 19
Medical review- may 24
Medical request - may 25
Passport request june 23
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by lawfree638: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:
You all are the real MVPs. Lekiboe, Frank, Anon, Uzomachukwu, Baphil, Lianna, Shuppy, my darling Sis Bisola, infact, all of you, God will continue to bless you all. Special shout out to Oga Seun for creating this impactful forum, i am happy to have known this great family...

So, Australia was my first choice because i couldn't dare try Canada, I had heard of their strict study visa assessments. I spent a lot of money with different agents as most schools in Australia would never deal directly with students. I finally settled with a school in NSW and boom, Corona happened and their borders have been closed since then.

I had no choice but to try the almighty Canada and trust me, my anxiety and preconceived fear of their stringent rules got a better part of me because, my application was messssssyyyyyyyyy!!!!

1) After submitting my app, i read on here that i shouldn't have done a money gift deed, especially when the gift-er isn't related to me, moreover, some folks said they haven't seen any study visa getting approved with a money gift deed by a gift-er who isn't part of the family. Guess what! they were right because my application would be the first they'd see. I am self sponsored applicant and the bulk of my fund was gifted by my late father's friend. Even though we don't share the same blood and name, we had something more than that, we had the commitment and bond. So i had him do a money gift deed(10m), which he paid into my account in bulk, sometime in February. I dug up old pictures of himself and late father, old pictures of himself and myself when i was younger, letter he wrote to me in place of popsy during my graduation in 2013, financial statement histories between myself, momsy and him, from different banks and as old as 2014. I also had him write a support letter and explain why he had to make such commitments, using his Company's letter headed paper.

2) In the bid to achieve the much needed mb capacity, i had shredded lots of documents off my application and eventually ended up tampering with my transcript. I reported myself here on Nairaland, hoping to get some hope or outright condemnation. Lol, i was told to resend the transcript and beg them not to misunderstand my intention, and then hope for the best outcome. Uzomachukwu, on the contrary, opined to be concise and not beg for their mercy as though i have done something "hideous". Eventually, she helped my with a well structured mail and i sent it to IRCC via webform. Baphil also reached out and re-compressed my files, she produced a much clearer file even with the additional missing pages. I don't know how she did it but i was wowed and i sent my files afresh via email.

3) Not a single ghost update till this morning. From what i read here, i guess i didn't really get any ghost update since my status remained "submitted", until this morning when i saw "your status updated". At a point i was praying for any kind of update, lollllllll.

One month and few days after my application, i requested for my GCM notes on 24th May, it came in yesterday, 23rd June. I hoped to tackle any negative feedback via webform but i was disappointed as i couldn't understand anything there and it seemed empty. Nairalanders said otherwise and i should brace myself for a positive feedback, Anon also assured me that a positive decision was coming soon since it was noted at the tail end of the notes, IRCC called my school to re-affirm the validity of my LOA. Even with all these, i remained skeptical, a little pessimistic and a little hopeful

This morning, as i logged in as per my usual ritual, I saw correspondence letter and PPR request sitting pretty on my page long before a mail dropped.
My application was tacky at best, i couldn't pray to save myself, i guess the prayers and good wishes of everyone and my family&friends made a way for me to be found worthy. I pray for this uncommon Grace for all PPR hopefuls, together we will all celebrate.

Application and confirmation was done on 17th April, with complete NSE docs (RLWS-7,7.5,7,7.5)

Awwwwwwwwwwww....
My sister, na God do am. Please always thank Him for it. Shalom!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by EmeeNaka: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Anon123:
FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR GCMS NOTE, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR APPLICATION HAS EXCEEDED THE STANDARD PROCESSING TIME OR IS 3-5MONTHS OLD BEFORE YOU APPLY. YOU CANT BE THINKING OF APPLYING FOR A GCMS NOTE IF YOUR APP IS STILL A MONTH OR 2 MONTHS OLD.. PATIENCE GUYS..
But this time that IRCC claimed to be processing Application within 7weeks, would GCMS note not be advisable to be applied after 7weeks?

Also, I want to ask if it's important to attach Birth Certificate or National ID card of family members in support of the IMM form for Family Information?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by TheDarkGamer: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Aside from the consent letter, how do I convince the visa officer of my home ties? What should I include, to serve as strong home ties?

What I have now are:

Family pictures, landed properties, family members' birth certificates, mother has a government job in the university, parents poultry and fish farm (lol, I don't know if that's helpful), mother's supermarket, etc. Should all this be written in a separate letter?

What more can help to strengthen it?

Is Study plan the same as statement of purpose?

Thank you.

?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Feelmystarshine(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
HartyA:
Pls when did you apply

April 8 I did my biometric
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Teenie19(f): 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Wow congratulations again! You already even requested for another gcms notes lol.

LadyBlaq:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:
Words have failed me. Who am I that he is so mindful of me? A wretched sinner like me? With all my baggages, Grace has found me...

Will be back ooo

Congratulations.....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Dukealara: 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
BaaleOfOntario:
Thanks Dukealare. I saw a post of yours when you said you applied via getgcms. Did you eventually receive your note from getgcms and how long did it take ?

Yes I did using CBSA...I received it 29days after.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by hertzz: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
somebody, please help with below clarification
hertzz:
Please, can I use someone's dollar card to pay for the application fee?
I just heard I can only do 100 dollar on my naira card per day
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
One week after you applied? What's the price pls

Anyanwu2003:
Gurus in the house please help. Applied 24th April. Ordered GCMS from CSBA. Came back a week later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
God I'm so emotional rn , girl congratulations!! Sending you big cyber hugs.

LadyBlaq:
Words have failed me. Who am I that he is so mindful of me? A wretched sinner like me? With all my baggages, Grace has found me...

Will be back ooo

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
Congratulations!!;

philerhurun:
God be praised now & forever.

PPR landed this morning.
I have been a silent reader, came here after my first refusal.
I want to thank all the Gurus in the house and everyone on this platform - who is either here to provide solutions or voice their challenges.
I have learnt so much from you all & God bless you.

Those who are still expectant, keep praying, activate your faith & get your GCMS notes as applicable.

God will do it for us all because it must surely end in praise.
I will post my timeline later.

Incoming student @MUN

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Gracehayford1: 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hello all. Is there any April applicant that applied using normal route that has gotten ppr?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anon123: 3:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
EmeeNaka:

But this time that IRCC claimed to be processing Application within 7weeks, would GCMS note not be advisable to be applied after 7weeks?

Also, I want to ask if it's important to attach Birth Certificate or National ID card of family members in support of the IMM form for Family Information?

FOR THE BOLDED... YES

Nothing is certain as far as IRCC IS CONCERNED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by prada1: 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
LadyBlaq:

Congrats lady blaq. was it only 10m you used as POF?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by timilehinemmanu(m): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
Amen oooo we will get ppr

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Anyanwu2003(f): 3:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
Oreoluwamipo:
One week after you applied? What's the price pls

ordered both IRCC and CBSA .. Funny CBSA came within 4 working days yet to get IRCC
Fee was 10k

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
May Canada favor you , congrats once again.

LadyBlaq:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Oreoluwamipo: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
Barakalaufihi Bro/Sis .. May Canada favor you.

Mofpearl:

Profile.
Eligibility - may 19
Medical review- may 24
Medical request - may 25
Passport request june 23

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Kunfu(m): 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
SuomyNona:

Yes
Thanks
Like how many weeks after submission of application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by Stephblues(f): 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
This is truly inspiring. Congratulations again.
LadyBlaq:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 by shupy: 3:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
TheDarkGamer:
Aside from the consent letter, how do I convince the visa officer of my home ties? What should I include, to serve as strong home ties?

What I have now are:

Family pictures, landed properties, family members' birth certificates, mother has a government job in the university, parents poultry and fish farm (lol, I don't know if that's helpful), mother's supermarket, etc. Should all this be written in a separate letter?

What more can help to strengthen it?

Is Study plan the same as statement of purpose?

Thank you.
Study plan is an aspect of an SOP. People just tend to use the term interchangeably. You seem to be placing too much emphasis on your family. And no, there's separate letter for anything. Every explanation regarding your home ties must be included in your sop. Family members birth certificate is not necessary. Your mother working somewhere is not an home tie. Your home ties are incentives for you to return home after your studies. If you're going for an agricultural program, your parents poultry and farm are incentives for you to return home. Even the explanation you give regarding career path can be used as an home tie. You must make the most out of every circumstance.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (676)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.